How to spec a thane for fg rvr?

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
Freaking hell Arethir =) This is getting really fanboy style writing now :wub:

I mean yer they are good, but so are their enemies =) Sometimes they win, sometimes they loose =) So why shouldn't a group with Eithor win against them? =)
Sorry, but you obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about. The stuff I wrote wasn't fanboy writing, it was facts.
And like, lal, why would I bother fanboy'ing them? They already have a thane, and either way it's not like they'd invite me to the group due to my FH flattering skillz.
They're simply the best out there atm. Nothing more to it. They worked hard to get there.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
I agree on all of that, but speccing a Thane or any char is not rocket science. If you are not an idiot you can look up the styles and spells on the herald and get a good idea of what a spec should be like, then try it for a few runs et voila.

It might not be rocket science, but this thread proves there is room for variations, and at least a scope for discussion.

Nate

FH is my second home
Just keep using cots crom, you'll soon see the light.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Eithor said:
lol :)

Well could add that i'm rr11+ on Eithor my frost thane, by playing solo, duo and in groups (have another lvl50thane, made 8-10 bg1/thid thanes for the fun of it), so my Thane experience ain't likely to be matched at our cluster at least ;)

and if you want sorc tips ask horner, merc tips ask kzn and if you really want to know how to play wizard ask mualiytrix!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Lethul said:
and if you want sorc tips ask horner, merc tips ask kzn and if you really want to know how to play wizard ask mualiytrix!

Rofl reptasticus!

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul you trying to imply that I run around with a DI bot when i solo? And that thanes got speed, mezz, pets etc?
Let me know when you find it, would actually be fun to try to play with a DI-bot, i might live 5-10 seconds extra haha.

Hm, still no explaining stats/facts that even try to change my mind, ah and no, i don't count "it's sad" and comments like that, it only show lack of words/thoughts/experience/manners.
At least try to prove it? Try to do it without leet attitudes, or is that to ask for too much? No matter if you think that i suck at both daoc and thanes, or you think i'd be the best thane ever walked in a pair of shoes.

I really think you guys can do better (as in proving your point), then again i've been proven wrong before. Come on, at least give it a try?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Eithor said:

Actually Eith, thanks for all you contributions, not everyone may value them, but I certainly do. More than one way to skin a cat I say.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Yupp, different setups (specs) do work for different people in different settings (groups).
And since thanes could spec in several ways and still be viable, it's more so for thanes compared to most other classes (said most, not all, mind that).

Ah, and thanks btw ;)

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Eithor said:
Lethul you trying to imply that I run around with a DI bot when i solo? And that thanes got speed, mezz, pets etc?
Let me know when you find it, would actually be fun to try to play with a DI-bot, i might live 5-10 seconds extra haha.

now explain pls, what has this to do with lethuls reply?

he was just pointing out that rps say fuck all about how expirienced/good a player is at his class. if i think hard i can atleast find 3 rr11s in each class of daoc who know nothing at all about what they are playing, lethul just gave you some good examples how useless a player can be even if he is rr11

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
daoc_xianghua said:
now explain pls, what has this to do with lethuls reply?

he was just pointing out that rps say fuck all about how expirienced/good a player is at his class. if i think hard i can atleast find 3 rr11s in each class of daoc who know nothing at all about what they are playing, lethul just gave you some good examples how useless a player can be even if he is rr11

I hate myself saying this, but whatever you think of horner, he knows how to play, even if he plays like an arse. Never really met Muy or Kzn in any setting from which I could judge skills, so i cant comment on those lovely people.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Cromcruaich said:
I hate myself saying this, but whatever you think of horner, he knows how to play, even if he plays like an arse. Never really met Muy or Kzn in any setting from which I could judge skills, so i cant comment on those lovely people.

I have to agree with you here. Horner plays quite well, he knows when to go in, when to bail out, knows how to use /map to drag people to him and he is quite good at using both chars at the same time (stun/assist lifetap and so on).

Septina

Part of the furniture
He's also spectacular at vanishing for 15 mins after he's dumped every shit he's got. :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Septina said:
He's also spectacular at vanishing for 15 mins after he's dumped every shit he's got. :)

You mean like the groups on Avalon with the difference that they can sit down in the middle of a war zone and wank there?

Septina

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
You mean like the groups on Avalon with the difference that they can sit down in the middle of a war zone and wank there?

Pretty much. :]

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
I have to agree with you here. Horner plays quite well, he knows when to go in, when to bail out, knows how to use /map to drag people to him and he is quite good at using both chars at the same time (stun/assist lifetap and so on).

horner plays well? rofl thats the quote of the century.

well compared to you it might be true :<

Septina

Part of the furniture
daoc_xianghua said:

Well actually, he does play well but that's 100% cause of him having 2 characters both with moc3 + di3 on one, insta heals, stun etc etc etc.
Without his DI bot he could be RR13+ and still die like an rr1 lvl 48. ;)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
daoc_xianghua said:

Why should I argue with YOU? You run around like a chicken on FH saying this or that, e.g. that I didn't mezz in a FG fight at all while I mezzed you and some other dude with a single target mezz while I had no buffs.

You're too daft to realize if you're mezzed or not, what the fuck do you know about Horner or me or anyone :p?

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Well actually, he does play well but that's 100% cause of him having 2 characters both with moc3 + di3 on one, insta heals, stun etc etc etc.
Without his DI bot he could be RR13+ and still die like an rr1 lvl 48. ;)

i wouldnt call one who plays 2 chars at the same time to compete and still having to rely on moc3 + di3 to kill stuff a good player :D

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
daoc_xianghua said:
i wouldnt call one who plays 2 chars at the same time to compete and still having to rely on moc3 + di3 to kill stuff a good player :D

Yeah, he could play two chars at the same time and go Lifter5 and god knows what on his chars.

Idiot.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Why should I argue with YOU? You run around like a chicken on FH saying this or that, e.g. that I didn't mezz in a FG fight at all while I mezzed you and some other dude with a single target mezz while I had no buffs.

You're too daft to realize if you're mezzed or not, what the fuck do you know about Horner or me or anyone :p?

what are you talking about? i didnt even play cluster seriously since like 1-2 years. guess you thinking of some1 different, if not you should go see the doctor cuz you obviesly hallucinate xD

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
daoc_xianghua said:
what are you talking about? i didnt even play cluster seriously since like 1-2 years. guess you thinking of some1 different, if not you should go see the doctor cuz you obviesly hallucinate xD

Unlike you I have some good memory, especially about idiots claiming something on the forums while it is/was the opposite in game.

I remeber a fight at Decayed Lands over a year ago vs your group our Evita group had where we got pretty much raped and you claimed I didn't mezz at all but my recording showed I did (after one Druid totally buff stripped me I managed to do 2 single target mezzes, one of them on you).

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Unlike you I have some good memory, especially about idiots claiming something on the forums while it is/was the opposite in game.

I remeber a fight at Decayed Lands over a year ago vs your group our Evita group had where we got pretty much raped and you claimed I didn't mezz at all but my recording showed I did (after one Druid totally buff stripped me I managed to do 2 single target mezzes, one of them on you).

my group? what group? last time i played in a set group on prydwen was 2005 iirc. might be that i´ve been in a PUG or so which raped your group badly and you mezzed me, if so gratz on mezzing a det5 hero. might have been a good idea to go for something thats mezzed longer than 5 secs tho.
and anyways what the fuck are you on about? you managed to mezz 2 ppl out of a fg after you got completely buffstripped, wow shows how good you are on sorc if you let a drood completely buffstrip you before you get a mezz off.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
daoc_xianghua said:
my group? what group? last time i played in a set group on prydwen was 2005 iirc. might be that i´ve been in a PUG or so which raped your group badly and you mezzed me, if so gratz on mezzing a det5 hero. might have been a good idea to go for something thats mezzed longer than 5 secs tho.
and anyways what the fuck are you on about? you managed to mezz 2 ppl out of a fg after you got completely buffstripped, wow shows how good you are on sorc if you let a drood completely buffstrip you before you get a mezz off.

Sigh :). First off, it was pre det changes, secondly afair you played a caster in that PUG, at least that day.

Ofc I know you never ended up raped in a group or at least totally buffstripped, judging from your comments everyone else can get a good idea why, you're blind and just don't see it.

Furthermore, you say yourself you didn't play for 1-2 years on Dyvet, so your information about just anyone on the server is outdated.

As we all know, FH needs more clueless trolls like you, so welcome back from your break.

Eod for me.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
daoc_xianghua said:

Don't confuse playing well with knowing how to play.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Sigh :). First off, it was pre det changes, secondly afair you played a caster in that PUG, at least that day.

Ofc I know you never ended up raped in a group or at least totally buffstripped, judging from your comments everyone else can get a good idea why, you're blind and just don't see it.

Furthermore, you say yourself you didn't play for 1-2 years on Dyvet, so your information about just anyone on the server is outdated.

As we all know, FH needs more clueless trolls like you, so welcome back from your break.

Eod for me.

either you talking about some1 else or you just try to make things up so they suit you. i never ever played a caster on UK cluster, well except for a chanter in OF which i got bored of at rr3 or 4 cant even remember. didnt even play some1 else caster there so what you are saying makes no sense at all.
maybe your selfclaimed good memory aint so good after all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom