How to kill a vamp?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Muylaetrix said:

oh, and the fact that a warlock who can insta kill half of the chars out, at over 2000 units range was assking the question made me laugh.
if you got your heads out your arses he didnt say he was having touble on his warlock
so maybe, just maybe he could be talking about
Palemos 50 Thane mid excal

engage him till he/she runs out of power is a pretty good tactic but he/she will be hitting with his offhand

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
if you got your heads out your arses he didnt say he was having touble on his warlock
so maybe, just maybe he could be talking about
Palemos 50 Thane mid excal

engage him till he/she runs out of power is a pretty good tactic but he/she will be hitting with his offhand

If you get your head off your arse you might want to explain to me since when do thanes have chambers!

Palemos said:
haha last time i met a vamp i used both chambers all of my power + rp2 he still dident die :)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Suggestions of how to kill a Vampiir:

General tip:
If you've seen them killing a mob, wait 40 - 50s before engaging.

In a fight vs a vampiir, crush damage is the damage of choice, some vampiirs will have resist buffs so heat is a bad idea (unless you know they dont have resist buffs), try spirit LWs instead if you can't use crush.

Shield tank:
Drink end over time pot, and engage. At worst you will be clawed 2-3x, and you will block EVERY melee attack (Vampiirs are not duel wielders in the conventional sense), walk backwards while you engage. Count up to 20 in your head then try and slam (obviously don't do this if you are fumble debuffed, wait fir it to go), at this point chances are the Vampiir is both OOE and OOP and is about to die horribly. (This works for scouts too)

Warlock:

Get the drop, insta frog them (no charge, unless they purge, and you might be able to re-frog I'm not sure if there is an immunity timer), DoT and kite (use an end over time pot so you can out run them - this would work vs any other class with no decent ranged attack).

Assasin:
i) RvR is quiet, and you can afford to spend a little time:

- Crippling + Disease poision. PA, sprint off (forget about CD, you will use that later), stealth.

- Wait 10s or so.

- Crippling + S/C debuff poision. PA, sprint off (forget about CD, you will use that later), stealth.

Vampiir has probbaly used RAs and MLs by now, and are likely to be OOP, low end and an easy kill.

- S/C debuff poision + Lifebane. PA, CD, kill.

This takes a while, but frankly other than leaving the area I don't see what a vampiir can do about this, especially if they don't have SL up (and if you use your SL from SoM you can sill get the drop on them).

SL graphic looks like MoC, it lasts for 60s. Learn where the vampirr goes to get power and ambish there.

2) Quick kill:

S/C debuff + Lifebane (viper helps) + DoT Mine + Battler /use2, with either disease or end poision as 3rd poision.

Go for PA-CD chain.

Charge Tank:

Drink End over Time pot, close in. Use ML2, ML4 & Banespike. If you see them cast a self buff which looks like a moon, hit charge. Use crush weapons and purge the fumble if it lands. If you hit styled and banespiked they'll die fast, as leather sucks.

Zerks: Don't vendo.

Battlemaster Tank:

Make sure you have an end potion, spam power leak 2-3x right off the bat. Unless it's powerfarmed, the vampiir is now OOP. If you have a shield now is the right time to try and engage - wait for charge and any fumbles to end and now kill. If the fight gets drawn out, remember to power lak as often as you can. (Use a fast weapon for power leak it uses less endurance).

Caster:

Cast root, if it lands back up to max range and nuke. If you have snare nukes, (even baby ones) use those and kite. Unless the vampiir purges, he can't charge and should never get close. Incidentally bolts do very good damage vs leather.

If the vampiir chrged and got into melee range you're probbaly dead, as any BL charge tank is a casters nemesis. Apart from Sorcs I can kill most casters in a 1v1, even SMs and BDs. Every time it's because I was able to charge, admittedly the insta power tap makes this harder for the caster.

Archer:

Most archers don't solo, so get your buddy to PA-CD or crit shot the vamp while you fight :p

Or alternativly, pump as many crush arrows into them as you can from max range, let the vamp run/charge into a zephyr and proceed to pwn.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>engage him till he/she runs out of power is a pretty good tactic but he/she will be hitting with his offhand

if he doesn`t land his first 2-3 blows, he lost.

a viper chain does about 1500+ damage (with 400+ health returned). add one snake charmer omni tap proc... and the vamp is left without power/endurance and nearly no health. seems to work for me.

On the other hand, i`ve seen a single vamp take out a higher rr armsman + paladin duo and it looked like he wasn`t even working up a sweat :/

Ging

Part of the furniture
eeben said:
most be hard killing a solo vamp with a whorelock an 5 add's :rolleyes:
Nul said:
Get a template and glasses..

yes i agree with you Nul,

FFS Eeben, the class is spelt warCOCK!

Now stop fiddeling with your "perfect" template and go out and kill more of the <expletive deleted>! (the word contains 5 letters was a plural and began with the letter C and has an N in it.) :)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
beaten every vamp ive fought against, run through is no probs and banespike + battler = dead vamp, especially after the merc drops rr5 + DT. Even with the vamp popping IP + purge ive only been down to 40% HP. Blame the vamps or applaud me, either way vamps hold no fear for me.

I don't believe I've fought your merc 1v1, and in general I don't see many mercs going solo. However I think I do pretty well vs mercs, even when they use DT, ML4, ML9 & Banespike.

I think it really hinges on if my fumble debuff lands or not. The banespike burst damage can be pretty overwealming - thing is though I can do that right back to you.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Mirt said:
I don't believe I've fought your merc 1v1, and in general I don't see many mercs going solo. However I think I do pretty well vs mercs, even when they use DT, ML4, ML9 & Banespike.

I think it really hinges on if my fumble debuff lands or not. The banespike burst damage can be pretty overwealming - thing is though I can do that right back to you.

i agree, problem is that most if not all vamps are also solo specced? Where as very few mercs are solo specced, my merc is certainly not. Mind u i think it would be interesting to see what the dmg output of a rr11 vamp would be :)

Correct me if im wrong but do vamps spec for either fighting casters (high resists) or fighting melle. Is there a good spec for both or is it a one or the other situation?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
your a complete newb zeaza. what slytale said + foad

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"i agree, problem is that most if not all vamps are also solo specced?"

I imagine most Vampiirs are either SM spec'd (the one with the big, but very expesnive HoT - usually with gimped damage) or FOTM spec 43p 38sm 32ve.

The usual 8v8 spec is 48ve 43p 13sm, and it actually works surpsingly well solo too. For every solo visible, there's about 2-3 stealthers (some solo, most not) so the SL is a really big deal, it's something I would have killed for on VW.

I've see videos of solo speced mercs, and they do very well - that dieplzthx guy comes to mind. A merc will have way better survivability vs multiple opponants than a vamp will, however if things go the vamps way the vamp has better defence 1v1 (50% fumble + 40% evade + 13% parry is not bad).

"Mind u i think it would be interesting to see what the dmg output of a rr11 vamp would be"

Pretty nasty, much like any high rr tank.

"Correct me if im wrong but do vamps spec for either fighting casters (high resists) or fighting melle."

Dementia is the caster killer spec, I don't know anyone who has seriously tried that for long. The efficteveness debuff is quite intersting, and pretty devistating for casters, it interrupts and bypasses BG - however my understanding is that the spec doesn't work well vs tanks or stealthers. Also the dem Mez/Effictveness Debuff are semi-maintained, so if you cast another spell they'll stop pulsing. It does appear they can be twisted to some extent.

"Is there a good spec for both or is it a one or the other situation?"

VE is pretty good vs casters, well actually it's more the banelord stuff and charge. VE is the damage spec.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
*cough*
Palemos said:
Seriously when a vamp starts hitting on you , using his magic he is almost impossible to kill, only with alot of luck i am able too, any tips on how too? :p

edit: he only mentions which char later

Bliiz, we had 2 duels i remember. First duel u asolutely raped me and had 90% left when i died, other duel i was at 80% or so, and 5shotted u even though u ip'ed. I always vendo and bs against vamp, cause i have to kill him fast, and DO purge fumble debuff, or u will die. The end thing is usually no problem if you kill fast :)

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
I userlly just bash them down. Dunno if they don't hit hard enough to get power or whatever .. :eek: Vamps with ip can be rough. Vamps with no such thing are rather easy. Focus, dot, i use crush weapon. If they jump me, i engage some, then insta insta stun, focus while stunned... Vs a good vamp rr4+ it's 50-50. RR1-2 it's 99,9% win. :p

But then again .. i play fotm heretic. :m00:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bonehead said:
But then again .. i play fotm heretic. :m00:

btw, whats your spec on your heretic? i cant seem to make up my mind what to go for.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Nul said:
Get a template and glasses..

i really need a new template because i cant handle a wl an 5 adds when im on 15% :(

an also cant remember when i lost to any of your uber 1337 chars in a fair fight or any other fight :touch:

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Poor little warlock that couldn't instakill everyone.. really.. i feel for you.. :(

Calo

Part of the furniture
Eeben said:
i really need a new template because i cant handle a wl an 5 adds when im on 15% :(

an also cant remember when i lost to any of your uber 1337 chars in a fair fight or any other fight :touch:

so not only are you retarted, you even have a big ego.

wonderfull!

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
so not only are you retarted, you even have a big ego.

wonderfull!

why? he told me to get a template that means that he can kill me easy!!

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
Use ML9 (Demoralization), 2 nuke 1 chamber and Vamp is dead

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Use ML9 (Demoralization), 2 nuke 1 chamber and Vamp is dead

You must fight some really shit vampiirs with like 0 matter resists...

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
as an sb i have beaten quite a few jsut din't attack them if they have been in combat recently, basicaly agre with illu heater+malice, battler debuff them if needed

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Re-roll Crush polearm armsmen and enjoy the show :)

Though end-regen pots help alot in making the fight even easier.

The only time vamps become at all difficult for a heavy tank is if they have been powering up on mobs first.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Re-roll Crush polearm armsmen and enjoy the show :)

Though end-regen pots help alot in making the fight even easier.

The only time vamps become at all difficult for a heavy tank is if they have been powering up on mobs first.

You can always add on em right? ^_^

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
You can always add on em right? ^_^

Don't usually pay attention to names but if your refering to the fight I think you are then you'd already finished before I got near you so whats to moan about ? You already got your rps.

Only other fights that night were zerg ones.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
vamps r fine imo, just give sb's some love! or like all stealths the ability to get IP

Palemos

Fledgling Freddie
Dreami said:
Then you must suck, therefore please delete the char ;)

hehe :) aye i really feel like i suck when i die 1vs1 cause wl are so op :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom