How to kill a vamp?

haoth

Fledgling Freddie
why do ppl whine about vamps , there is ALOT of classes that can take a vamp down and some that dont, deal with it, ok minstrels loses aginst good playd skalds so what still dont mean that i cant win agins some but i dont get disapointed when i dont.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
i fear by far more a rr5+ Champ then a vampiir when playing heretic ... :touch:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Bonehead said:
i fear by far more a rr5+ Champ then a vampiir when playing heretic ... :touch:

why? it does fuck all on cloth, it only reverses armor based absorb, which in the case of a heretic is 0.

wish it wasnt like that, imagine a sorc using soi and champ using rr5 xd

infernalwrath

Fledgling Freddie
bludgeon--> conclusions(or whatever is called) and then flankx2 = dead vamp
... if u play crush merc xd

infernalwrath

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
why? it does fuck all on cloth, it only reverses armor based absorb, which in the case of a heretic is 0.

wish it wasnt like that, imagine a sorc using soi and champ using rr5 xd
imagine zerker pre la nerf with banelord line + battler debuff xd

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
hmm today 3 vamps named transvision, littlecutie, vampaler got killed serveral time by zerk+savage + shambb + 44hastebot in very fast time.

first time died cause we didn't expect it and kinda 3 red mobs on us.
we where semi/buffed/rezzill one time, but could survive. last 2 times they died in kinda 10secs by banespiking/battler/zerkmode.

but then again, they sucked kinda playing their class, they didn't assist or where staring at a bg'd lvl44 healer (still their spells got in to interupt it).

maybe if they know how to play their class or to play the game they could have killed us. but they got farmed by us serveral time in the middle of a pull of red con mobs that we pulled.

probaly the quickkilling frontload of the zerker that killed 2 vamps with 800+damage a combat round probaly made it easy.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Level a Necro and spec 50 Sight...

Equip said Necro with shitty ROG gear...

Fully buff Necro with 50 Enhance Cleric + 25% TOA bonus...

Attack Vamp and slaughter it regardless of its RR, template or spec...

Feel very warm inside :)

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Jobbegea said:
probaly the quickkilling frontload of the zerker that killed 2 vamps with 800+damage a combat round probaly made it easy.

The hardest vamps to beat as a melee class is a dem vamp though.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
but then again, they sucked kinda playing their class, they didn't assist or where staring at a bg'd lvl44 healer (still their spells got in to interupt it).

maybe if they know how to play their class or to play the game they could have killed us. but they got farmed by us serveral time in the middle of a pull of red con mobs that we pulled.

QUOTE]

Any vampiir that relies on PoC ganking to get RPs sucks hardcore. GJ on killing XP ganking scum :)

Aspects of vampiirs are OPd (SL, fumble, >50 - 100% end tap, HoT, Claw damage sometimes) byt then again many things in the game are OPd too. I suspect people will get better at dealing with vamps, and I wouldn't be surprised if the fumble or the hot got toned down a bit - but if you look at RP charts vamps don't seem to be such a problem class like warlocks where (certinly not possible for lvl 48 RoG lord vamps to insta kill someone out of a gank group, like it sometimes was for pre-nerf warlocks, vampirs don't run around 2-3 shotting support like pre-nerf zerks did for that matter).

Kanim

Banned
Any vampiir that relies on PoC ganking to get RPs sucks hardcore. GJ on killing XP ganking scum :)

Aspects of vampiirs are OPd (SL, fumble, >50 - 100% end tap, HoT, Claw damage sometimes) byt then again many things in the game are OPd too. I suspect people will get better at dealing with vamps, and I wouldn't be surprised if the fumble or the hot got toned down a bit - but if you look at RP charts vamps don't seem to be such a problem class like warlocks where (certinly not possible for lvl 48 RoG lord vamps to insta kill someone out of a gank group, like it sometimes was for pre-nerf warlocks, vampirs don't run around 2-3 shotting support like pre-nerf zerks did for that matter).

most op thing about vamps is that most of your opponents are running 2 accounts to even compete against you playing one acc, look at how a vamp would perform against unbuffed opponents and then try to say they are balanced :)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
most op thing about vamps is that most of your opponents are running 2 accounts to even compete against you playing one acc, look at how a vamp would perform against unbuffed opponents and then try to say they are balanced

Irrelelvant. Almost noone runs unbuffed solo on ToA servers, don't blaim me - blaim the eairly bot adopters (and the devs for the buff design).

Oh and for the record I would PREFER it if vamps did not have innate buffs, since I'd have 25 or so more str/dex/qui/con...

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
vamps can be tricky for mincer :)

if u get jump (DD DD mezz etc) then they are easy rps...

but if they add in a fight, and Charges ones the first guy is dead so u can't stun them they are ewul, the DD's do nice dmg, and the fumble or what ever that Raven thingys is gotta be purged otherwise u are dead :( givf decent defence for mincers imo :(

like Evade 7, parry spec or Shield spec xD

but a 2 weeks ago I meet 2 vamps(RR3 and 5) who ran near by eachother got em both mezzed before they even saw me, so I ended on 20% hp or so after killing both, and then a NS(RR7) PA'd me and purge the CD + IP and he died aswell xD who said mincers was overpowered ?

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Does it actually even drain power and endurance from the victim? I got Snakecharmer level 10 on my Reaver - but Im rather unsure if it drains end/power from the victim. It does damage, and I think the damage gets converted to mana/hp/end on the wielder of the weapon, but not steal those components from the victim.
The vamp get power from the dmg he do, the victim dont lose power.
The vamp got a end drain this spell drain end from the victim.
The vamp dont gain hp from damage but he got a heal over time spell.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
knighthood said:
How do Skalds fair vs Vamps btw.. Hammer Skalds that is

if you get the jump. you have a very nice chance to kill them. crush hurts v much against them.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
How do Skalds fair vs Vamps btw.. Hammer Skalds that is

Varies on the player and situation.

If the Skald gets the drop and uses insta snare, my money would be on that skald if both are simmilar RR and with good templates.

Reason being, skalds can hit vamps for 600+ (leather sucks), and snare prevents charge, so skald can do the whole double dd, style once, insta mez, line up for back style, wait for timers, backstyle dd,dd, etc.

Skalds hurt MUCH more than minsterals...

ML10 warlord + battler is just plain evil, for any class that has this option.

Kanim

Banned
Mirt said:
Irrelelvant. Almost noone runs unbuffed solo on ToA servers, don't blaim me - blaim the eairly bot adopters (and the devs for the buff design).

Oh and for the record I would PREFER it if vamps did not have innate buffs, since I'd have 25 or so more str/dex/qui/con...

how is it irrelevant?, you listed the things that were op I just added the fact its like having a free bb into the char. So some people people choose to play botted, its by no means the only way to play, until all classes get perma self buffs like vamp a vamp is lolop.

+ the fact they can't be sheared is HEHE too.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"how is it irrelevant?"

This isn't Lamorak, this is a ToA server so almost everyone runs buffed in RvR, making vampiirs non-capped innate buffs mostly irrelevant...

Oh and I'd trade the innate buffs for capped-regular ones in a heartbeat, I don't care about the shear thing - that's only a big factor in group rvr anyway and vampiirs are not OP'd in lvl 50 grp combat (provided everyone's buffed). If they where everyone would run with them, just like everyone used to run with savages...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Kanim said:
how is it irrelevant?, you listed the things that were op I just added the fact its like having a free bb into the char. So some people people choose to play botted, its by no means the only way to play, until all classes get perma self buffs like vamp a vamp is lolop.

+ the fact they can't be sheared is HEHE too.

you very very rarely meet someone unbuffed in solo rvr, the fact that they (vamps) are "pre-buffed" is a shit argument as to why they are OP, i happen to think they are a little OP, but only when played properly.
They are no where near as overpowered as some other classes in the game and can be killed, but not if you just run at them spamming anytimes.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
make the powertap stop their speed as well as yours and then nerf banelord and vamps would be fine :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
make the powertap stop their speed as well as yours and then nerf banelord and vamps would be fine :)

Yeah the way the powertap at the moment works is abit iffy. It doesnt break Vampiir's own speed, but if u run for example with a bard it does break the speed (ur loosing out a bard speed tick or so).. Should be either not breaking enemy speed (and not vamp speed obv) or both..

About Banelord.. well yeah most tanks with Banelord-shouts are agreeing its abit silly, but on the other hand, casters without Banelord-counters are even more sillier :p

Think Charge is way more OP then the entire powertap-issue, tho Charge obviously aint unique to Vamps (neither is BL)

Fumble-debuff is something on Vamps which is abit iffy too.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Yeah the way the powertap at the moment works is abit iffy. It doesnt break Vampiir's own speed, but if u run for example with a bard it does break the speed (ur loosing out a bard speed tick or so).. Should be either not breaking enemy speed (and not vamp speed obv) or both..

About Banelord.. well yeah most tanks with Banelord-shouts are agreeing its abit silly, but on the other hand, casters without Banelord-counters are even more sillier :p

Think Charge is way more OP then the entire powertap-issue, tho Charge obviously aint unique to Vamps (neither is BL)

Fumble-debuff is something on Vamps which is abit iffy too.
If the speed breaks then the vamp hit sprint end end drain.
On the other hand bards can sprint and play speed again. Vamps have to stand still to cast the speed.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
with banelord either remove some of the interrupts (and keep the massive radius snares/damage reductions/cast speed reductions etc.) or keep the interrupts and lower the radius (so you can lock down casters still but not _just about everyone_) :)

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
with banelord either remove some of the interrupts (and keep the massive radius snares/damage reductions/cast speed reductions etc.) or keep the interrupts and lower the radius (so you can lock down casters still but not _just about everyone_) :)
The radius on BL spells is hardly massive...
I think that currently the tank->caster relationship is balanced when looking on a full group basis. Pre-ToA it was pure tanks, early ToA it was pure casters, now both are in the same group. Id say that this is something mythic has been aiming for and actually ashieved to an extend.
Upcomming Det boost might change this though.

Raggelll

Fledgling Freddie
how to kill a vamp with troll warr

i killed an vamp by useing powerleak style once then press face, leave attack on and then i went to grabb some cofee, when i got back he was dead and i was on 100%hp.
maybe only works if youre a warr with 50 shield.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
i killed an vamp by useing powerleak style once then press face, leave attack on and then i went to grabb some cofee, when i got back he was dead and i was on 100%hp.
maybe only works if youre a warr with 50 shield.

Lol at that :p

The counter to that would be run thru, but I doubt many vamps are good at it, since the pierce positionals are pretty rubbish.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Veno said:
The radius on BL spells is hardly massive...
I think that currently the tank->caster relationship is balanced when looking on a full group basis. Pre-ToA it was pure tanks, early ToA it was pure casters, now both are in the same group. Id say that this is something mythic has been aiming for and actually ashieved to an extend.
Upcomming Det boost might change this though.

it's 1000 on a lot of them - there's also a "feature" with stun immunity and snaring tendrils which lets you spam it every 10s or so (fun).

If you have MoC or are a warlock yer fine :p if you don't you're not casting for the fight :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
it's 1000 on a lot of them - there's also a "feature" with stun immunity and snaring tendrils which lets you spam it every 10s or so (fun).

If you have MoC or are a warlock yer fine :p if you don't you're not casting for the fight :p

tanks/mages are actually quite balanced when it comes to 8v8 really, tanks still have the edge because they can just randomly banelord around but theres ways to counter it.. its quite interesting play really :) <3 to np yesterday, was nice fights, figuring out tactics each fight and so on :)

most 'complex' rvr we had in a while

also tendrils isn't 1000 range afaik - feels much lower atleast

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom