How to kill a vamp?

Palemos

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously when a vamp starts hitting on you , using his magic he is almost impossible to kill, only with alot of luck i am able too, any tips on how too? :p

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Palemos said:
Seriously when a vamp starts hitting on you , using his magic he is almost impossible to kill, only with alot of luck i am able too, any tips on how too? :p

most be hard killing a solo vamp with a whorelock an 5 add's :rolleyes:

ruudoniac

Fledgling Freddie
u got to land a stun i think to outdamage him. slam / cd is the half way to victory.

disease will help too and dunno if the fumble thing that vampiir does is purgable if so purge is a must too :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
for defence:

garlic5.jpg

for attack:

stake.jpg

haoth

Fledgling Freddie
Palemos said:

vamps are a fine class, to wine about a vamp when youreself got a wl is stupid, get over it

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
If they've not any mana at start of fight it can go either way, if they've powered up from a previous fight or attacked some mob before hand might as well sit down. :(

I could deal out some nice dmg on their weak leather with a heater but it always ended up with me eating dirt, I'd love to find out how to kill them too, the thing about shield is kinda bollocks because I was trying RA's and MoB5 370dex 35+16shield(capped me I guess) couldn't stop me getting hit on my Scout.

Hoping Heretic RR5 ra will nullify their claw spam when I get that high, I can always dream. :)

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Stun nuke nuke nuke. no wait, thats also hib. :(

A WL that can not insta kill? darn, Nerf vamps now.

Denarius

Loyal Freddie
Vamps? i can solo them on my hunter in melee , just make sure u have purge up for that that dam flock of ravens thing.
xxxxxx

E_E

Loyal Freddie
I once moc, smite 2 wamps that jumped me, red isnta mezz, stun smite ;P

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Have a Vamp on Pry and have to admit that the HP's are quite outrageous or at least they were when he had items on him :/ Damage output was also good but not totally over the top.

LOL at a freaking Warlock asking this though. Here's a question for you poster, how do I survive 3 insta nukes of 600-700 dmg at near bow range on anything other than a tank with a decent template. Nerf Whorelocks again! Retarded class.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i managed to kill a vamp or 3 with my flex tic in partially crap hear..

engage followed with viper chain did the trick for me really.

oh btw, the scw proc (life-, endurance- and powertap) is probably one of the things too that prevents the vamp of using his full potential.

oh, and the fact that a warlock who can insta kill half of the chars out, at over 2000 units range was assking the question made me laugh.

Palemos

Fledgling Freddie
Dreami said:
Simple, instakill with chambers

haha last time i met a vamp i used both chambers all of my power + rp2 he still dident die :)

Palemos

Fledgling Freddie
haoth said:
vamps are a fine class, to wine about a vamp when youreself got a wl is stupid, get over it

not whine just want to know how to kill :)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
stun usually owns them. if they're good and purge is up /pray :eek7:

Slytale

Loyal Freddie
Palemos said:

How do you kill Zaeza when he keeps adding / moccing on your stealther fights ... any warcock for that matter that keeps adding on you.

honestly .. go find a group or sumth '_' and stop QQing about stuff you can't kill .

illu

Part of the furniture
For Melee, I think you just have to hit vamps with everything you have, SBs use poisons, disease perhaps, a PA+CD is a nice start, purge that fumble debuff, hope CB+FG lands, poisonspike etc. and heater weaps / heater malice, just don't attack them after they've just killed someone or a mob :>

I think tanks just slam them and bash them down without too many problems.

I think casters stun and zap.

For warlocks attacking vamps, I'm not entirely sure about. I think there is a vamp spec that is made to be almost warlock resistant. I don't know if this makes them more gimp against other classes, but you might find that maybe more and more vamps are speccing this way to chew up some warlocks.

The worst is when you get a vamp to 5% and you think YES!, then they IP to 50%+ ^^. Vamp + IP = evil.

Oli - Illu

Zexxeh

Fledgling Freddie
Stun is worthless since they got charge 3 in most cases even that they got 60% fumble on u and also remove end regen. So at last its more less imposible to kill em in melee if they good.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Merc > Vamp

Any Shield Battlemaster tank > Vamp

dunno about mid realm, i assume a BL Zerker would 3 shot a vamp.

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Palemos said:
haha last time i met a vamp i used both chambers all of my power + rp2 he still dident die :)

Either your spec is badly gimped or the vamp is dementia spec'ed and had debuffed you and had +magic resists up. If he is dem spec'ed and has already got the magic resists up+debuff on you then you're dead the dementia spec is pratically designed to be used on warlocks it's the only way a vamp can kill a warlock without some luck or decent RA's.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I've take out a few vamps with my friar.

trick is ST3 , drop that and make sure you fight in it.

As St3 is wearing off , get your side stun started =).

this has worked 3 out of 5 vamps.

the 2 that beat me where near(ish) my RR, but where fully tao'd up the wazzu,
where as i'm still a ToA n00blinger on my friar =).

on my 'Tic , it's if you get range, snare n00ks them.
if they jump you .. root them , snare n00ks them, Stun then ( Crush stun) then 2 heals and melee them down.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
>Slam-Levi beats them every time

No it doesn't because of: Charge, Purge & Fumble debuff (oh and end tap / ML4 if you don't use a pot).

>haha last time i met a vamp i used both chambers all of my power + rp2 he still dident die

Hi Zeaza, was that me? I usually banespike you, and use ml9 and ZoU, often have to IP though as your PBs hurt.

>Merc > Vamp

Not if fumble lands. Usually a merc-vamp fight is both fumbling their weapons for the first 10-15s of the fight (if you purge the fumble you
risk being stunned due to diamond back, ofc a well timed charge from the merc will help). If the fight lasts longer then 15s the merc is in a
bad situation since the vamp can re-fumble and should have both evade and weaponskill buffs up along with a parry buff.

>Any Shield Battlemaster tank > Vamp

That depends how good the shield tank is at dealing with run-through. I've killed a number of them with just melee (I have enough starting mana to get the 30% evade buff off) by using the run-through techniques I lernt on VW.

>dunno about mid realm, i assume a BL Zerker would 3 shot a vamp.

If it actually hits, yes.

Vampiirs in leather are rather squishy *IF* you can hit them.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Palemos said:

Then you must suck, therefore please delete the char ;)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Mirt said:
>Slam-Levi beats them every time

>Merc > Vamp

Not if fumble lands. Usually a merc-vamp fight is both fumbling their weapons for the first 10-15s of the fight (if you purge the fumble you
risk being stunned due to diamond back, ofc a well timed charge from the merc will help). If the fight lasts longer then 15s the merc is in a
bad situation since the vamp can re-fumble and should have both evade and weaponskill buffs up along with a parry buff.

beaten every vamp ive fought against, run through is no probs and banespike + battler = dead vamp, especially after the merc drops rr5 + DT. Even with the vamp popping IP + purge ive only been down to 40% HP. Blame the vamps or applaud me, either way vamps hold no fear for me.

WL's on the other hand are fuckers. Im glad there is a class they will run from.

PS, Vamps tear my inf apart....

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
beaten every vamp ive fought against, run through is no probs and banespike + battler = dead vamp, especially after the merc drops rr5 + DT. Even with the vamp popping IP + purge ive only been down to 40% HP. Blame the vamps or applaud me, either way vamps hold no fear for me.

Hahaa, applaud you? Applaud Dirty Tricks instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom