How many Hibs does it take to be stupid?

islef

Loyal Freddie
lost 1 fight inside a twr tonight, while i was online, 1 grp of hibs inside 1 more came steaming in. And when i say your grp is really good, it is just what i understood from your previous posts.. i might be wrong but then i misunderstood and am sorry.
And we were 6 for a bit then 8 and maybe 7 when i logged, but then again i got no idea if they found a rep.. and dont think i accused you of adding or camping in this thread btw ;)

I just posted i was happy to play my runie in a grp again after along time away from excal/pryd, then you apperently had a grudge on TC that warranted calling me a random mid and it took of from there.

But again was way more fun than i had expected when i logged in, even managed rr miniding \o/

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
Tonight was good fun had 2 different setups in our pug tonight bit new to me tho as I was the only caster at the end of the night which was a bit weird, but had some really good fights vs some mid groups and manisch's group enjoyed it alot and got some nice rps. Alot better than fighting the alb sorce zerg that camps dc bridge every night or so.

Shamealot

Fledgling Freddie
add the old hib crew too please (pre CLA etc)

Pre CLA??? Lol peeps that formed Cla were playing from beta too, and always with the same playstyle. Dont speak about things u cant fully understand...

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Pre CLA??? Lol peeps that formed Cla were playing from beta too, and always with the same playstyle. Dont speak about things u cant fully understand...

They were in Fantasy ... I dont remember you in fantasy shame :p

I saw you bomb 2 stealthers today who i happen to respect alot and who i know 100% would not have bothered your group in any way ... Whatever respect i ever had for you and CLA went out the window right there :(

There are always exceptions to a rule though ... Reputations arent just there ... people like you earn them for guilds like CLA :rolleyes:

Shamealot

Fledgling Freddie
They were in Fantasy ... I dont remember you in fantasy shame :p

I saw you bomb 2 stealthers today who i happen to respect alot and who i know 100% would not have bothered your group in any way ... Whatever respect i ever had for you and CLA went out the window right there :(

There are always exceptions to a rule though ... Reputations arent just there ... people like you earn them for guilds like CLA :rolleyes:

Indeed the pre CLA peeps were in fantasy. By the way did i say in my post that i was a founder of CLA? No, and thats because i am not. I was playing in Frying Dutchman and The Unseen University when i started this game.
And indeed i nuked 2 stealthers away (a mid and an alb) who were fighting eachother on Crau west bridge. Maybe u haven't noticed it yet but thats Hib territory and i am sure those stealther's wouldnt mind to kill me when i pass the bridge travelling around. Since CLA stated her way of playing long time ago, i am very surprised that we even had some respect in ur eyes. Let me say this once and for all.. I dont care a fook about respect from a guy that keeps on shouting at people when they play the game in a way that he doesnt like.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
This cause TC is too l33t to invite random mids :/

TC run Sunday/Monday as started many many times. Anything else is optional and the group members are not expected to turn up.

Now when you run a group. You normally ask your group members to let you know inadvance when they are not going to be there (due to prior commitments). Thats what forums are for.

That way you get replacements sorted before everyone turns up on the predesignated night. You don't wait until the night you run before sorting out replacements, that way you are running with 10 - 15 mins of all logging on.

You will have nights when the unexpected things happen and someone falls asleep or has an IRL emergency. But rarely will you find a call go out on /as.

That is why we don't normally have spare slots. Since we invite people who are going to turn up on time and are reliable. Its the only way you can keep a group going.

So its not "L33t" it merely basic organisational/man management skills.

[LA]Douglas

One of Freddy's beloved
Ah - you see - yes - I did PA you pretty much at the same time as Imco did and gave you a /rude - because a little earlier in the evening, I was also fighting someone and guess who blasted the crap out of me? :> I think I was fighting Krout and it was a nice fight (I'm sure he was enjoying it too as he got to use a few moves, a few skills) - and next thing I knew I was blasted to smithereens :) Scroll up the chatbox, Dougeld the culprit :p

But next time I'm doing your realm a "favour", try and keep off the trigger button perhaps? I know you are RP hungry crazy getting 100k RP per night usually means red is dead mentality, but if I unstealth in front of 5 hibs AFTER having using vanish, I'm not really much of a threat am I?

Oli - Illu

dont remeber this but will love to see the movie to see how maney was around dont attack solo ppl when i'm solo if they r fighting and most the rps i'm making is off grps at bridges and tower i dont spend my time on FH whine about i i got owned zarged and added on i just buff up and go out ot die agen and get some rps

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Less with bullshit excuses, about adding & camping. More with the roaming for 8vs8 fights, instead of running to the bridge/tower instantly to farm your rps.
FYI the TC pug last night which was mostly 6 or 7 ppl and 8 for only about 30 minutes iirc (4 TC and friends including islef, netcode, arepa) didnt camp ANYTHING ANYWHERE and we NEVER DO :p
If we find nothing while roaming for 10-15+ minutes we will sometimes breeze past a bridge and clean it out (but usually leaving any 1v1's etc) but anything more than 2-3 ppl sat camping on a bridge is fair game imo. The only camping TC does is sat in vindsaul when we have our coffee break :p

Several times it has seemed (and to quote Manisch) we "assjammed" a group on a bridge or at a tower but thats because after finding nothing for a while we wanted some action but even saying that given the choice we would MUCH prefer some nice 8v8 fights. In the same situation what would you do ?

/crosses fingers for some groovy 8v8's on sunday and monday evenings :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
/crosses fingers for some groovy 8v8's on sunday and monday evenings :)

Feel free to use #Agramon.RvR for group signing up purposes.
As i mentioned to Nate in another thread, the bot is still there and open for usage, worked very well back in the days when most groups used it to sign up. :)

You'll get a good overview of which groups are roaming the 8vs8 zone and which are not. :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Feel free to use #Agramon.RvR for group signing up purposes.
As i mentioned to Nate in another thread, the bot is still there and open for usage, worked very well back in the days when most groups used it to sign up. :)

You'll get a good overview of which groups are roaming the 8vs8 zone and which are not. :)

Aye we usually have 1 person at least from TC in the irc channel (usually Perly/Caeli) to give us some info/feedback so im hoping that the traditionally popular sunday and monday evenings will pick up a bit more with fg action specially after the patch :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Aye we usually have 1 person at least from TC in the irc channel (usually Perly/Caeli) to give us some info/feedback so im hoping that the traditionally popular sunday and monday evenings will pick up a bit more with fg action specially after the patch :)

Get someone else imo. Perly doesnt understand English that well! :p

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
At that time we were in a complete shite RoG group, i wanted to play to see the changes to my class so i wasnt going to be picky about the sort of group i played with as long as we had some people that id played with before.

As 6 we were fighting many times our numbers and getting added on a lot, we managed to handle some adds but when your facing 2fg and then get butt fucked each and every time by your group, AE and every other group..... we were extremely pissed off and didnt give a fuck, as no one else seemed to.

Both times you were camping the road rp farming mids that had come out from the keep. The first time we met you head on with 6 people, i kited back and pulled tuthmes and that vamp miles out of heal range, as i didnt fancy giving you more rps i simply went back to the keep. Second time the call on vent was fuck it, was no way you were going to get a fight there without adds and you should know it. A decent group could of been able to handle the adds as the group you were fighting wasnt upto much, but your positioning was poor i was able to drop your druids and casters within seconds.

If we have a proper PuG out we will arrange to fight you, most people on groove.daoc were not even playing and laughing at your whine and random abuse at anyone and everyone in the channel. Such as saying who the fuck is neod from bondolia (LOL). You just need to chill out, not one of our group went to IRC to cry at you guys when we got zerged to shit in the bowl.

So stop trying to take the higher ground (if there is any left on this server) We went out and it was clear to us that no group was going to treat us with any respect, so we said so be it and made the best of it.

When we finally got a decent FG together it was funny to see douglas and co camping the bridge with 2fg+ hibs and the CM 3fg+ zerg. Had some fun with my new class anyway, looking forward to playing again when im not so busy.

Have a bit of sympathy here, but road isnt camped, its just spot where you can actually find people. Sometimes things are unfortunate and we all get adds from others, its inevitable when playing in such a small area as were forced to nowadays.

Regarding irc whining, please keep it in perspective, most of us people who want fg stuff, use irc to roughly arrange areas, but also to double check what reasons we're for an odd or similiar situation, its a very good place to sort out misunderstandings and try and reduce tensions - at least thats what it should be for, provided everyone stays sensible.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
lost 1 fight inside a twr tonight, while i was online, 1 grp of hibs inside 1 more came steaming in. And when i say your grp is really good, it is just what i understood from your previous posts.. i might be wrong but then i misunderstood and am sorry.
And we were 6 for a bit then 8 and maybe 7 when i logged, but then again i got no idea if they found a rep.. and dont think i accused you of adding or camping in this thread btw ;)

I just posted i was happy to play my runie in a grp again after along time away from excal/pryd, then you apperently had a grudge on TC that warranted calling me a random mid and it took of from there.

But again was way more fun than i had expected when i logged in, even managed rr miniding \o/

Hey islef, nice to see you back still miss your ickle valk :)

Anyways I was running with tuth last night till around 11:30 cet, and the group we run is an eclipse alliance + friends PUG which has been going for a couple of weeks now, it's usually some regulars but it varies a lot from evening to evening, hour to hour since it's a pug so I don't think you can define "the group" as good or bad, adding or not adding since it's not a stable group.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Have a bit of sympathy here, but road isnt camped, its just spot where you can actually find people. Sometimes things are unfortunate and we all get adds from others, its inevitable when playing in such a small area as were forced to nowadays.

Regarding irc whining, please keep it in perspective, most of us people who want fg stuff, use irc to roughly arrange areas, but also to double check what reasons we're for an odd or similiar situation, its a very good place to sort out misunderstandings and try and reduce tensions - at least thats what it should be for, provided everyone stays sensible.

Brite is just annoyed his class now required skill to play :) so expect him quiting any day soon, dont worry about it :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Indeed the pre CLA peeps were in fantasy. By the way did i say in my post that i was a founder of CLA? No, and thats because i am not. I was playing in Frying Dutchman and The Unseen University when i started this game.
And indeed i nuked 2 stealthers away (a mid and an alb) who were fighting eachother on Crau west bridge. Maybe u haven't noticed it yet but thats Hib territory and i am sure those stealther's wouldnt mind to kill me when i pass the bridge travelling around. Since CLA stated her way of playing long time ago, i am very surprised that we even had some respect in ur eyes. Let me say this once and for all.. I dont care a fook about respect from a guy that keeps on shouting at people when they play the game in a way that he doesnt like.

well its great to still have players like you left!

makes the server what it is today!

Shamealot

Fledgling Freddie
well its great to still have players like you left!

makes the server what it is today!

Dont use such cheap sarcasm on me m8. I work my ass off everyday and at night i just want to relax a bit and to have some fun and chats with my ingame friends. I do respect a hib thats fighting one on one especially when i know the the player is just a nice guy who doesnt shout at averyone who has another playstyle.
BUT WHEN PEOPLE START TO WHINE THAT IT IS A GOOD THING TO LET 2 ENEMIES FIGHT TOGETHER WITHOUT HIBS INTERFEARING ON OUR OWN FOOKING TERRITORY I GO NUTS!!!

Thank u.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
you know they aren't going to rape your livestock and steal your children irl right? they are just other real people trying to get some fun out of the game, do you really have nothing better to do than go out of your way to spoil it for them?

you may as well go and down into the labby, i hear there are some goblins involved in a perpetual fight with some Minotaurs, cant let them fight each other..... they may come for you next. dun dun duuuuh /sinister

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Dont use such cheap sarcasm on me m8. I work my ass off everyday and at night i just want to relax a bit and to have some fun and chats with my ingame friends. I do respect a hib thats fighting one on one especially when i know the the player is just a nice guy who doesnt shout at averyone who has another playstyle.
BUT WHEN PEOPLE START TO WHINE THAT IT IS A GOOD THING TO LET 2 ENEMIES FIGHT TOGETHER WITHOUT HIBS INTERFEARING ON OUR OWN FOOKING TERRITORY I GO NUTS!!!

Thank u.

I would not have said anything in broad unless it was retarded like a full group of hibs adding and not unless it happenned afew times ;)

My idea of fun is to relax with afew 1v1 fights and explore the limits of my character into which i have put a whole lot of effort , if you want to just walk up and start nuking my target well thats just well and fine , But dont try and take the moral highground with me you fucking muppet :rolleyes:

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
I would not have said anything in broad unless it was retarded like a full group of hibs adding and not unless it happenned afew times ;)

My idea of fun is to relax with afew 1v1 fights and explore the limits of my character into which i have put a whole lot of effort , if you want to just walk up and start nuking my target well thats just well and fine , But dont try and take the moral highground with me you fucking muppet :rolleyes:

Only time I have seen u in rvr was when a ranger started shooting me while I ran in swamp outside Eras, I sprint towards him, QC mezz him, send my pet and then bam u backstab me. So yeah, you are one to talk. :rolleyes:

Shamealot

Fledgling Freddie
Raven.. go play Tombraider of moderate urself out of this forum, u have nothing to add here than insulting remarks to others. Carry on reacting on my posts, ill have had enough of ur useless comments and will leave them for what they are, thin air.

Punishment, we just play this game another way. U like the 1 on 1 part. I dont. Its as easy as that. Dont pick at me if i dont use the standards that come out of ur playstyle, respecting 2 enemies fighting eachother. I dont play that game at all. We both have the right to play this game in our own style. Of course i can understand that is is frustrating when a caster nukes ur target just when u prepare urself for the last blow. But a "plz dont" will have a better effect for the next time than a "jsgtywuognjw off" msg. At least on me it has.
Dont get me wrong i am not telling u to beg me not to add or help. That would be a silly thing to ask at this moment. I am just trying to tell u here that some politeness can help us understand eachother in stead of escalating the situation by shouting at eachother. And when we both try to understand what we like to do in this game i am sure things will work out just fine.

Shame.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Only time I have seen u in rvr was when a ranger started shooting me while I ran in swamp outside Eras, I sprint towards him, QC mezz him, send my pet and then bam u backstab me. So yeah, you are one to talk. :rolleyes:

Talk is cheap , screenies are priceless :eek:

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Funny with all these guilds that used to add/zerg 24/7 now stepping up on their high horses and portraying themselves as the most honorable fg vs fg players ever to have existed on dyvet. Too bad for you there are still players left that remembers your not so flattering past.

Talk is cheap , screenies are priceless

Not everyone documents every single ingame event like Manisch does. Doesn't make it less true anyways.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
This whole add/don't thing makes me laugh, everyone and that means you--- point to everyone, has added.

In the old days thats all there was, then FG's started going and some of those decided not to add, most ignored it.

I take it as i see it, if i see an alb/mid fighting eachother its just free rp's for me so i kill em.

if you fight on or near crauch bridge don't expect anything less, its a high traffic area and we can't always see the other side of a fight could be a 1v1 or 4 v1 plus i use true sight so i'm most of the time 2500 + units away.

The FG scene is dead and I thought they took the 'don't add shite' with them.

Eble

did someone mention subs? :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Brite is just annoyed his class now required skill to play :) so expect him quiting any day soon, dont worry about it :p

exactly what can a new bd do.. there absolutely nerfed to the ground of unplayable.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I dont take screenshots of every random that adds on fights. Where are all your screenshots of the people u whine about btw?

I would be taking alot of screenshots :eek:

I am whining at no-one in paticular , but i do reserve the right to pm someone or yell in broad to ask why a fullgroup feels the need to chase someone i have dumped all my ra/abilities on in order to get the upper hand ... off the side of a bridge for 20 odd rp's each ?

Its not respectful to me or the player they just steamrolled now is it ?

All of these ''PuG'' groups for lack of a better word never travel to enemy frontiers nor do they travel even beyond the 2 main bridges at their main keep ... yet they piss all over someone with abit of initiative who actually gets off their ass and gets on a boat to look for some fights ...

But yea whatever , lets just tell people to keep bashing that ''SoTG'' banner and sit on their Crau/beno bridges w8ing to someone to even bother anymore ... because soon ... and thats Very soon no-one will bother anymore :touch:

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie

I am whining at no-one in paticular , but i do reserve the right to pm someone or yell in broad to ask why a fullgroup feels the need to chase someone i have dumped all my ra/abilities on in order to get the upper hand ... off the side of a bridge for 20 odd rp's each ?

All of these ''PuG'' groups for lack of a better word never travel to enemy frontiers nor do they travel even beyond the 2 main bridges at their main keep ... yet they piss all over someone with abit of initiative who actually gets off their ass and gets on a boat to look for some fights ...

But yea whatever , lets just tell people to keep bashing that ''SoTG'' banner and sit on their Crau/beno bridges w8ing to someone to even bother anymore ... because soon ... and thats Very soon no-one will bother anymore :touch:

lots of pugs in Hadrians right now, was a pug that took the keep and opened the port, so yeah pug's do travel.

You have a go at us for camping crauch I don't see you catching boats always killing people round crauch yourself :)

I'm not extactly sure how long you've been playin but your sig says something about 2005 so you've no idea how this game started out it would seem, unless your sig is wrong, in which case you've lost your memory.

Eble

Shamealot

Fledgling Freddie

Well pm-ing or asking why is ok, unless u use loads of fdjsgrf off in ur msgs. And again, i can fully understand that its frustrating to loose ur ra's for nothing. I will keep that in mind while playing. But still it can happen that a group passing crau bridge nukes ur target because its not always good to see what kind of fight it is. If its a hib caster being jumped without moc we should help (or not when it is a leet one..) and when its a melee char he could be ok, or just pissed when we dont help him out. So u see, its not always easy to decide what to do.
Camping crau bridge with a grp can be fun, when there is insta rvr. Normally it is just a very boring thing to do in my opinion. All u can get is an occasional stealther.

Cya in game.
Shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom