How many Hibs does it take to be stupid?

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Its best to play a class alot before commenting on changes. I don't comment on other peoples classes since I don't play them, therefore cannot other a valid opinion of the changes, whether they be RAs/Spell Changes etc.

What has happen is very large change to in BD play style. Yes pets have been boosted alot, but the interupt job has disappeared. Pets are alot more susceptible to bad pathing and doing mainly stupid things. To do any form of damage you need to spec out of suppression into Darkness.

So effectively 99% of BDs have lost the healer pets and their interupt group roll. Mid groups who have a BD also have lost the 9% absorb bonus. It will take time to unlearn 3 years of playing a certain way.

body debuff stil interrupts
lt is now 8s insteed of 5 s
now blue con caster pets that rupt properly

What has changed? Meet Asi yday (rr12 on avalon), stil does the job with interrupts just as good if not better with the new pets.

:m00:

Lethul

FH is my second home
soo, in short, imho, BD gotten shitloads of LOVE and had ONE OP ability nerfed to a reasonable level.

lol :)

Muylaetrix, sometimes you seem so clueless i find it hard to believe that you can win vs a fg with 3 fgs.

Lethul

FH is my second home

What has changed? Meet Asi yday (rr12 on avalon), stil does the job with interrupts just as good if not better with the new pets.

are you sure it interrupts?
it says it has been nerfed (haven't really played all that much yet).

oh, and don't get me wrong. Playing casters in other realms im not particularly fond of bonedancers myself!

noaim

Fledgling Freddie

Though german (well most on Dyvet too I suppose) bonedancers wont notice the difference that much since they always bodydebuff the target they lifetap. :)

Bunn

Banned
havnt done any tests on the body debuff but im quite sure it doesnt interupt, when i was spamming it on you staj the only thing it seemed to cause was my pets running off to kill you half a mile away randomly and not responding when on passive.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
The body debuff no longer interupts. So the only interupt is the LT on 8 second timer. I will check the tonight but the patch notes said that was a change, so unless they didn't do it correctly (which can happen) that interrupt is merely a thing of fond memory.

As I said before if you don't play a class, it can be easy to make sweeping statements about what the impact of changes are. You see along list of things and think love love love, but miss the 2 little lines which are really the brunt of a patch.

I am merely saying its are large change in playstyle after 3/4 years. Effectively you now cross debuff for the mystic pets (debuff body) and the commander debuffs for the BD (cold). Thats my understanding. I am sure Bunn will correct me if I am wrong.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
The body debuff no longer interupts. So the only interupt is the LT on 8 second timer. I will check the tonight but the patch notes said that was a change, so unless they didn't do it correctly (which can happen) that interrupt is merely a thing of fond memory.

As I said before if you don't play a class, it can be easy to make sweeping statements about what the impact of changes are. You see along list of things and think love love love, but miss the 2 little lines which are really the brunt of a patch.

I am merely saying its are large change in playstyle after 3/4 years. Effectively you now cross debuff for the mystic pets (debuff body) and the commander debuffs for the BD (cold). Thats my understanding. I am sure Bunn will correct me if I am wrong.

patchnotes has said dps debuff dont interrupt for 2 years now :D

stil works.

body debuff stil works

Bunn

Banned

stil works.

body debuff stil works

In uni atm but i will do some tests later on to see if it really does, i doubt it though, although bls do somtimes and mythics coding seems to be prety random

They stealth nerfed the body debuff interupting waaaay back in OF when nobody knew it interupted, it took people til past toa and into NF to actually realise it did and you still had some rr11 goon bds on excal that didnt know it interupted along with most yanks aswell. They could have got away with leaving it nerfed way back in OF when people were clueless, so god knows why they put it back in and then decide to gut the class later on when with the implimentation of ToA and NF when it wasnt that overpowered anymore.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Yes there is a long list of stuff but you dont play the class so you dont know much about it.

My spec at the moment is 50 darkness 20 supp and imo thats the best spec you can get.

That gives me:
50% Body debuff (5s recast)
Lifetap (8s timer, level 17, resisted a hell of a lot)
Baseline 179 DD (2.6 cast time)
Snare 179 DD (2.8 cast time, resist rates bugged so it gets heavily resisted although its a leel 50 spell)
Baseline Root

Pets wise i get:
Commander (diseases, snares, damage)
mystic pet (snare nukes for 80-120 damage and thats when debuffed 50% body for them)
seer pet (useless)
low level healer (never use them, useless)

i can`t comment on the spec, but if the spec snare nuke doesn`t live up tot he expectations, why spec 50 for it then ?

So basically apart from the low lvl 17 lifetap thats almost always resisted i am useing purely baseline spells and my pets, using snare nuke somtimes.

i guess we`ll have to compare to necro to put it all into perspective i gues..

necro :
2 Cry of the Dead Enemy 3.0s/0/0s 500 range Bonus: Returns 50% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 5 (Spirit) 1
6 Bellow of the Dead Enemy 3.0s/0/0s 500 range Bonus: Returns 50% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 14 (Spirit) 3
10 Anguish of the Dead Enemy 3.0s/0/0s 500 range Bonus: Returns 50% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 21 (Spirit) 5
16 Agony of the Dead Enemy 3.0s/0/0s 500 range Bonus: Returns 50% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 35 (Spirit) 7
23 Pain of the Dead Enemy 3.0s/0/0s 500 range Bonus: Returns 50% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 48 (Spirit) 10
31 Sorrow of the Dead Enemy 3.0s/0/0s 500 range Bonus: Returns 50% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 64 (Spirit) 12
39 Shriek of the Dead Enemy 3.0s/0/0s 500 range Bonus: Returns 50% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 82 (Spirit) 15
47 Scream of the Dead Enemy 3.0s/0/0s 500 range Bonus: Returns 50% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 98 (Spirit) 17

vs

1 Collapse Skeleton Enemy 0s/0/8s 1500 range Bonus: Returns 80% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 4 (Body) 2
2 Crumble Skeleton Enemy 0s/0/8s 1500 range Bonus: Returns 80% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 7 (Body) 2
4 Dissolve Skeleton Enemy 0s/0/8s 1500 range Bonus: Returns 80% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 12 (Body) 3
6 Break Skeleton Enemy 0s/0/8s 1500 range Bonus: Returns 80% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 18 (Body) 4
9 Crush Skeleton Enemy 0s/0/8s 1500 range Bonus: Returns 80% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 27 (Body) 6
13 Grind Skeleton Enemy 0s/0/8s 1500 range Bonus: Returns 80% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 35 (Body) 8
17 Crumple Skeleton Enemy 0s/0/8s 1500 range Bonus: Returns 80% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 46 (Body) 10
22 Crunch Skeleton Enemy 0s/0/8s 1500 range Bonus: Returns 80% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 58 (Body) 13
29 Powder Skeleton Enemy 0s/0/8s 1500 range Bonus: Returns 80% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 77 (Body) 18
37 Disintegrate Skeleton Enemy 0s/0/8s 1500 range Bonus: Returns 80% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 97 (Body) 23
47 Pulverize Skeleton Enemy 0s/0/8s 1500 range Bonus: Returns 80% of damage done as health for the caste/Damage: 123 (Body) 30

1500 range vs 500 range = BD better.
123 delve vs 98 delve = BD is better.
80% health return vs 50 % health return = BD is better (assuming just hiting for straith delve, bd hits for 123 and returns 98 hp, necro hits for 98 and returns 49 hp)
8s cast time vs 3 sec cast time (keeping in mind that necro cast time is totally fuckzored and the insta spell gets casted with a swing, which means that cast time can be as low as 5 secs) = necro has advantage here.

note that a bd can just use normal nuke and throw in insta lt inbetween, something a necro can NOT do.

i don`t think it is as bad as you make it seem.

The only reason for a bonedancer to spec in anything now is the pets, we get hardly anything of use apart from the pets and if they are CCed and killed thats all those spec points for nothing. Yes we can cure mezz on them but we have to basically stand right next to them and then we have to cast 4 single target cures. Add into that that pets are unresponsive, get easily bugged, dont respond to passive and thus will get guards all the time, if they go anywhere near a bridge or hill they will try to cast and fail due to no line of sight everytime so are useless in any seige or bridge camping situaton and give free targets to aoe.

all the same stuff aplies to necro pet i guess. then again a ml9 bone commander that 2-3 shots casters in mellee is something that shoulnd`t be understimated ;)

If you think nerfing the only thing a bonedancer had to spec for, to 47, which is only a 123 damage lifetap every 4 seconds to 8 seconds is balenced. I guess you wouldnt mind at all and would be ok with them nerfing your bolts or bainshee nuke by halfing the delve on them.

i found that bonedancers often killed my ice wiz while i was moc nuking them, just with that silly LT of them. and that was without their pet even hitting on me.

bad comparison. spec fire bolt has maybe a 10 point delve advantage over similar spec bolts... 3% delve advantage doesn`t make a world of difference.

the lack af spec AF charges in mid or hib had a much bigger impact on bolt damage than the small diff in delve.

but now mids and hibs have their spec AF`s too :)

and yes bianshee nuke hard, but not harder than fire wizes or anger spirit specced shroomers. (all 3 can top 800 damage per nuke at high RR vs low resists, without crits)

when they added 15% debuff to the wiz fire nuke, it might have been over the top, 10 % would have been fine imho.

Not only did they fuck our lifetap completely they destroyed our other interupt aswell, they left us with nothing, they destroyed the class and left us with nothing but baseline spells and pets. You think we are still overpowered your a retard

potentially and situationally, yes, i do thinks so.

you lost some caster insta DPS and you gained a lot of pet improvements.

BD`s became a bit more of a mellee pet class than a caster with a mellee pet.

try find the things now that are an improvement ;)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie

stil works.

body debuff stil works

Oh if body debuff still interupts that would put a smile on my face, I certainly was a grumpy sod last night playing my respeced BD (for the 1st time) and trying to stop looking for targets to interupt.

I just assumed that Mythic had properly implemented the change and changed debuff back to non interrupting.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
the day you solo me I will quit this game... til then :m00:

don`t forget, you can die vs my fire wiz before you get in stun range ;)

chanter > ice wiz one on one.
chanter will have a lot more problems with a fire wiz one on one.

a very bold statement, lol

/waves Stallillion out ;)

Bunn

Banned
There has never been a point in going convoker on a bd unless your a retard, now even less of a point because of the ML9 nerf. Also the fact that the only sub spec pet thats of any use is the darkness pet which is a caster and benefits nothing from Ml9.

As i said above we have to spec to get the sub spec pet, atleast 40, we have to take darkness to 46 to get the sub pets. So our spec choice is either get the level 50 snare nuke and up our dps a little OR get a low level ae snare nuke and a slightly better lifetap.

As for comparing us to necros, it would have been more useful to do one of your submarines vs battleship vs micky mouse analogys. Necro has other things it can use from longer range. Hell they even have some neat tools like af debuff, self cure mezz aswell as free 100% damage moc and the necro would get off atleast 5+ lifetaps in the time frame a bd would be able to use his insta once. Also they nerfed the bonedancers lifetap with the reasoning that they could not be killed by a melee class. Now you compare this a necro which will never lose a melee fight in its life and is given further love which helps them vs casters and also vs melee... it makes mythic look a bit of a joke.

And im not supprised you die while in moc to a bonedancer, this is down to you being stupid as hell. You have been in a FG while ive been solo and ive been allowed to free nuke you down while your group stands and watches. Your group have also MoCed and ML9ed on me when ive been solo even with the alb zerg to back you up, but it gave me a good laugh anyways.

I know exactly what my class could do and can do now and dont apreciate being told what it can and cant do and what it takes to play it by people that cant even play their own classes right and have never played competativly

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
don`t forget, you can die vs my fire wiz before you get in stun range ;)

chanter > ice wiz one on one.
chanter will have a lot more problems with a fire wiz one on one.

a very bold statement, lol

/waves Stallillion out ;)

am stil looking for a caster that gives a proper challenge (that dosent run around with a di bot)... maybe you might be the one...

ill pm you later tonight and we can have some duels..

ps! I dont quite see your talk making up your ingame actions

Bunn

Banned
am stil looking for a caster that gives a proper challenge (that dosent run around with a di bot)... maybe you might be the one...

you know id pwn you staj but i just feel sorry for you :p

- English -

Resident Freddy

pm me also but working till 10:40 :)

Bunn

Banned
yepp, I dont really see bds as a caster xD

like muylatrix says!

I AM A SUBMARINE !
WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE, YELLOW SUBMARINE, YELLOW SUBMARINE

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
like muylatrix says!

I AM A SUBMARINE !

now you dont make sence, log bard l8ter tonight mejt

Bunn

Banned
now you dont make sence, log bard l8ter tonight mejt

you have been away too long and have missed the comdic value of muylatrix posts which relate every part of rvr to world war 2, because the two are one and the same!

you see stealthers were solo, but like submarines they have to go in packs now to win! or somthing like that...... im dont have a phd in daoc-ww2 analogy u c :<

and wont be logging bard til wednesday night when my dissertation is done, but have another report to do for friday 9am after that so you may have to wait longer! shouldnt really waste time on fh but its so boreing i need somthing to do! :p

finish ur rm tbh and play dat!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
There has never been a point in going convoker on a bd unless your a retard, now even less of a point because of the ML9 nerf. Also the fact that the only sub spec pet thats of any use is the darkness pet which is a caster and benefits nothing from Ml9.

i dunno, ml9 bone commanders always scare the shit out of me tbh.

As for comparing us to necros, it would have been more useful to do one of your submarines vs battleship vs micky mouse analogys. Necro has other things it can use from longer range.

i was comparing 2 insta lifetaps, probably the closest related spells of that nature in the game. yes and necros have other longer range (1500) spells, and BD`s have spells that are not insta, try em once maybe ;)

as free 100% damage moc and the necro would get off atleast 5+ lifetaps in the time frame a bd would be able to use his insta once.

lol, now you are joking.

necro is able to get 3 lifetaps out once every 30 secs, if your pet is willing to in the first place. show me how to get more than 3 spells out in the 6 secs the FP lasts.

Also they nerfed the bonedancers lifetap with the reasoning that they could not be killed by a melee class. Now you compare this a necro which will never lose a melee fight in its life and is given further love which helps them vs casters and also vs melee... it makes mythic look a bit of a joke.]

i`ve done some testing with new necro pet vs tanks. if i don`t use offensive spells (only hot and damage shield) half of the 2h tanks kills my pet and i can`t get a paladin under 90%...

i`m prety sure a buffed ML9 BD pet does better vs tanks without help from it`s caster ;)

And im not supprised you die while in moc to a bonedancer, this is down to you being stupid as hell. You have been in a FG while ive been solo and ive been allowed to free nuke you down while your group stands and watches. Your group have also MoCed and ML9ed on me when ive been solo even with the alb zerg to back you up, but it gave me a good laugh anyways.

i never claimed to be a good player and in the past i certainly didn`t run with the best groups around ;)

I know exactly what my class could do and can do now

i don`t doubt you had a good idea of it`s potential in the past. but the times they have changed, the class has changed, and i am not half as sure you know how to obtain max results with it now.

and dont apreciate being told what it can and cant do and what it takes to play it

where did i tell you how to play it ? i was only pointing out that imho the nerf was not unjustified, that compared to the closest thing, it is not that bad and that you had shitloads of other intrestig stuffs now to make up.

by people that cant even play their own classes right and have never played competativly

feel free to think that.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

with ice wiz, i stand little or no chance to win a 1 vs 1 vs you.

with fire wiz, it should be challenging.

intresting :)

ugh ? what did i do wrong now ?

Bunn

Banned
muylatrix faces his biggest challenge yet....

getting to bolt range and pressing 3 buttons and then running away and seeing if he manages to crit and win. Can talk about it as much as you like, staj just needs to pet you at 2000 range wait until your interupted and run in and nuke you down and its never going to happen because your never solo and he would beat you even with a di bot tbh.

The point with the ML9 pet i think you missed, ML9 does nothing for our darkness pet.... read again... NOTHING..... actually it does put up a big neon sign saying kill me, but thats all.

As for not knowing how to use what the bonedancer at the moment, we shall see that when i meet your group backed up by whatever zerg your running in and measure the time i can drop you, your clerics and the rest of your casters.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Dam, this is my 2nd disapointment this week. First i thought i´d get rid of 2 idiots like icebreaker and brite, and now i realized 1 has come back and the other was baned and came back with a different name :(

Why god?! WHY!!!?!??

Bunn

Banned
Dam, this is my 2nd disapointment this week. First i thought i´d get rid of 2 idiots like icebreaker and brite, and now i realized 1 has come back and the other was baned and came back with a different name :(

Why god?! WHY!!!?!??

Maybe if i was banned for a reason id accept it

but i was banned by synergy mods for calling synergy zergers, which is a well known fact.

Was banned by corrupt/biast mods like quite a few others for doing nothing at all.

I think permanent bans on a forum such as this which is basically a massive part of playing the game is stupid and should only be used in extreme cases like gimmly. Longer duration bans such as a month or such would suit much better.

And what would you be refering to there crom :( my ass already belongs to somone else :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom