HIbs in albland now....

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
Realm ranks aren't that much of an issue
at RR4 you can have the best needed RA for your class, all the others are just a bonus.

Bollocks. RR4 cleric cant even have MCL2/RP2, Purge2 and DI2. Honestly saying RR4 is the under limit is simply not true. More like RR6-RR7 - and even then in tougher fights there's a huge difference between say RR6~ and RR10.

Perhaps for some classes RR4 is enough and the rest just makes you 'abit' better; this aint true for primary healers.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
On Open Field a Tank group >>> Caster group

Or whichever mezzes first will win out of those groups, daoc is too reliant on cc, end of story.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Can't edit post, shite site fucking around again, anyway what i meaned was that mezz plays too much of a role now in the game due to the absurd amount of damage casters/tanks can do compared to before ToA so whoever mezzed first out of those would most likely win.So you can't really say what would be better of the two.

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Bollocks. RR4 cleric cant even have MCL2/RP2, Purge2 and DI2. Honestly saying RR4 is the under limit is simply not true. More like RR6-RR7 - and even then in tougher fights there's a huge difference between say RR6~ and RR10.

Perhaps for some classes RR4 is enough and the rest just makes you 'abit' better; this aint true for primary healers.

gotta agree with puppet here, really isnt till rr6+ when passives/actives start to cost a whole realmrank or more for next level that most classes start to shine, but rewards are also greater then, so will make a difference still - think its quite ok that you can get a somewhat decent spec with just a million rps, thats still alot for most tho.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Or whichever mezzes first will win out of those groups, daoc is too reliant on cc, end of story.

everyone and there dog has Purge2+

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Jupiter said:
call me pedantic, but is the above a sign of insecurity or leetism? Imho thats another part of the reason mid & alb are in the mess they are in (yes i know u were a hib), but people there with that same attitude..... yeah yeah u pay u play flame on whatever

hmm? I cant really see the insecurity in it tbh..

99% of the RPs ive made on my grouptoons are from guildgroups, I simply cant be arsed with the hassle in pug's. Level of RVRcompetence is normally lower, the attitude is not for me, many log after a few bad runs, basically, I think it just sucks ass and is a waste of time. Well working guildgroup is fun to play in but not much else imo.

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Quinlan said:
It is like the old OF where there where 5 fg mids in emain and 1fg hibs so trust me i know what you are saying. Our group also just logged due to being bored

I'm glad the hibs got their numbers up, I just wish it could level out a bit.

However, the albs were a lot more in OF than we mids remember? =) And you hibs on some occations also had more than 1 fg out rolling ( Hint: Golden Age :p ) - and ur grps usually lasted longer back then as well - longer than me anyways :D

I saw around 70 hibs yesterday in HW.

I saw around 30 mids.

I saw 1 alb, a stealther - inside Caer Berkstad.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:

No for healers it isn't the case
But they can still afford DI2 and MCL1 and Purge etc which makes them Mostley playable.
Sorcerers can buy a good ammount of Aug Dex and purge.
Wardens and co can guy TWF3 etc, same go's for class's who buy ST3.
Mercs can buy Charge 2 etc.
Masterlevels effect RvR as far as tanks go.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Just like instant mezzes. xD

maybe you should play daoc sometime :p

Insta mez doesn't effect a battle with a High RR group, it stopped effecting it as soon you PMed me asking if Darktemplar baught Det :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah it doesn't effect the support classes who have purged already or those 5-10s doesn't help at all i guess.That time is enough for a decent debuff caster to kill 1-2 targets with assist or two good toa sced tanks, that was darktemplar the merc, but what's wrong with that anyway?

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Yeah it doesn't effect the support classes who have purged already or those 5-10s doesn't help at all i guess.That time is enough for a decent debuff caster to kill 1-2 targets with assist or two good toa sced tanks, that was darktemplar the merc, but what's wrong with that anyway?

Tbh your banelord should be taking care of those casters :p Play your merc a few times with us :) We'd have a great laugh.

Nothing wrong at all, DT was one of the best mercs i knew (and the First RR10 merc in daoc..and 2nd level 50 on our server :p)

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
what always baffled me is that prydwen atm is almost perfect for fg action, but people have left to go elsewhere for what?... what will happen next is that hib gg's will start quitting cause of no fg action and then the mids will be whining about nobody to fight....

the last few weeks there has been loads of action on prydwen and hibs are a little more organised and running more fg's than the other realms... bit of a conundrum

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Would say caster really needs moc3/purge2/passives at ~ lvl 3 for a nice set up (and that's assuming he/she's not got anything special like st/twf to waste it on). What's that in rr? rr7 or 8? Caster at rr4 either can't moc, or can do but hits like a wet haddock.

Mael, 50th ment.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
everyone and there dog has Purge2+

Its generally secondary cc or after initial mezz that turns a fight. You can lose opening cc, all purge etc, but lose because of twfs/sc/dq debuff, disease and that pure killer, single target root. Also the use of sos through your own twfs is something mids seem to do a lot. Something that Hibs need to perfect so casters can line up before choosing to engage tanks from range, rather than hit sos on inc. Mids seem to do it well.

Another aspect is having FZ available to 3-4 players is also a battle turner.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
My point was that the first mez doesn't matter if the enemy group purges and droped a TWF3 at your feet.
The normal setup for an Alb group doesn't have FZ :(

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Definitely think that the BD only gets good at RR5 +. TWF3/Purge1/RR5 Ability. From then on its getting more power and damage.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
SkarIronfist said:
Definitely think that the BD only gets good at RR5 +. TWF3/Purge1/RR5 Ability. From then on its getting more power and damage.
So you're saying a RR3 BD with ML 10 banelord is bad?

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
SkarIronfist said:

That was a joke, right?
Or do you define "good" as Godmode?

Gamah

Banned
Bubble said:
My point was that the first mez doesn't matter if the enemy group purges and droped a TWF3 at your feet.
The normal setup for an Alb group doesn't have FZ :(

Depends whos "normal" set up your running.

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble do you work for mythic??

rr4 grp vs rr8 only give the rr8 grp some "fluff" and its almost a fair fight?
40 RP of "fluff" bonus on each charakter +the free ra .

I want to live in your world...

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Lokir said:
Bubble do you work for mythic??

rr4 grp vs rr8 only give the rr8 grp some "fluff" and its almost a fair fight?
40 RP of "fluff" bonus on each charakter +the free ra .

I want to live in your world...

In my world we don't cry because a high rr group killed us, we know we shood a chance against them

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Jupiter said:
what always baffled me is that prydwen atm is almost perfect for fg action, but people have left to go elsewhere for what?... what will happen next is that hib gg's will start quitting cause of no fg action and then the mids will be whining about nobody to fight....

the last few weeks there has been loads of action on prydwen and hibs are a little more organised and running more fg's than the other realms... bit of a conundrum
Dunno what ur on about with regards to today - we've put up some excellent fights against the hib groups running out there today, we've killed and been killed a lot - had the best days rvr ive had so far in NF today tbh.Kinda like you gimps having that keep as it gives me hibs camping bold so i can be back in the fight before the res sickness goes half the time :p

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
In my world we don't cry because a high rr group killed us, we know we shood a chance against them
You do have a point bubble but how often do rr2/3 fgs gank rr5+ fgs? It happens but its rare.Although the only 100% essential one these days i'd say is Purge 2, anything else is negociable.Btw just for the record AM3 rocks.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Really a combination of realm rank, general rvr experience, ML's and familiarity with the rest of the people which make a group perform well imo.

A random pick up group will always be at a disadvantage to an organised guild group purely cos after rvring for a few nights together, u tend to work better as a team and learn to judge what others will do in a given situation. Higher rr obviously always helps, certain actives eg. twf can swing a fight as can passives to a degree. Id say rr6 was the base level where a class can perform to its full potential within the current rvr situation where most players appear to be rr5 and above.
Could be talking rubbish but light tanks seem to perform fine at low rr? providing they have the banelord ML's they are still seem very influential within a group.

As for rvr right now, i dont like it. If your not in a fg at prime time u can forget decent rvr :p really isn't any good for a casual player particularly if your in alb as u have no real safe haven. Think most albs have decided to pve until catacombs now anyway (i know i have) so not really a problem. If others realms are having fun up in hadrians, fair enough :)

I still reckon NF is alot better though, just needs some more peeps on the server to fill it up a bit. Only thing i dislike is the gimpy relic keeps, should be far tougher so u cant just pop down there when your bored in the middle of the night and have a good chance of taking it.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
3fgh again now at S beno bridge... also stealthers... lots of em, not solo...

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Zebolt said:
So you're saying a RR3 BD with ML 10 banelord is bad?

I would. How on earth can you be ONLY RR3 if you have managed to get all the way to ML10? What have you spent all your time doing inbetween those raids? You can be RR3 in leirvik now! I know you don't need much skill to play a bd but that guy is doing something wrong? Maybe he forgot to put his "1 button" on the quickbar? :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Cadelin said:
I would. How on earth can you be ONLY RR3 if you have managed to get all the way to ML10? What have you spent all your time doing inbetween those raids? You can be RR3 in leirvik now! I know you don't need much skill to play a bd but that guy is doing something wrong? Maybe he forgot to put his "1 button" on the quickbar? :p
Seriously.... that's funny! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom