HIbs in albland now....

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
So you're saying a RR3 BD with ML 10 banelord is bad?

not bad, but not wellrounded either, as skar said twf3 + purge + some power ras are needed, at least for a decent grp, bds go oop very fast if they are expected to nuke, which they are :)

funny stuff reading about bds from ppl that havent got the slightest idea, except someone maybe ran them over solo once.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
xenia- said:
funny stuff reading about bds from ppl that havent got the slightest idea, except someone maybe ran them over solo once.
If you're talking about me I got a BD of my own. And it's the strongest char I've ever played. It may not be a super char at rr3 but it's stronger than any other char that I know at equal rr :>

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
I think there's only like one fixed hib group and a couple of random groups (taking people they know, but they are not fixed). Also maybe one or two half to full pickup groups. And add stealther zerg which is quite big on the hib side.
And some soloers running circles by the bridge area.
Really don't understand why not more alb groups are out. Mids got more than alb atm, and that's strange, cuz they got a harder time toa'ing their chars with no pet spammer. It's alb groups I fear the most atm.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
I think there's only like one fixed hib group and a couple of random groups (taking people they know, but they are not fixed). Also maybe one or two half to full pickup groups. And add stealther zerg which is quite big on the hib side.
And some soloers running circles by the bridge area.
Really don't understand why not more alb groups are out. Mids got more than alb atm, and that's strange, cuz they got a harder time toa'ing their chars with no pet spammer. It's alb groups I fear the most atm.

Most of the albs left playing are only casual players, not the sort of people to want to spend time at cs forming groups etc. Often u get people heading out once, get horribly slaughtered and then they just log or go back to pve. The current situation is really bad for casual alb players as they kinda get caught between mids and hibs with no safe haven, also a large amount of stealthers are out so going anywhere near a bridge is generally not a good idea either.

Very difficult to retake the keeps too cos say albs attack beno, not only are they having to deal with hib defenders but also every mid in the area soon heads over and albs gets caught in the middle and are simply flattened. The alb zerg that everyone refers to just simply isn't there anymore, i dunno what can be done really without an influx of new players.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
When you tried to reraid Beno on saturday you should have taken at least ONE mid tower so that they can no longer port in. It was mainly the problem that mids kept attacking your flanks while you were trying to storm Beno with that big hole in the wall.

After 12 am when the mids tried to take down DC was your best chance. We were only about 10 hibs left in Beno with only 2 animists and a non-ToAed eldy. All you did was hugging the wall of benowyc where I easily could fire Snare AoE on your FoP and almost hit every alb down there from the southern tower. If you would have rushed in we wouldn't have had any chance to prevent you from taking the walls.

Albs are dying out? Well there were 86 enemies around Beno and still more than 60 when most of the mids went to Hibernia. You had at least outnumbered us by 4 : 1 if not even 5 : 1. Still no one seemed to try and take the lead. You albs just ran up against the hole and... well stopped there... well main problem might have been that I've seen arrows of around a dozen different scouts regularly hitting my bladeturn. ;)

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Eroda said:
Very difficult to retake the keeps too cos say albs attack beno, not only are they having to deal with hib defenders but also every mid in the area soon heads over and albs gets caught in the middle and are simply flattened. The alb zerg that everyone refers to just simply isn't there anymore, i dunno what can be done really without an influx of new players.
In my opinion, right now only hibs have still the numbers and the experience/classes to siege a keep while successfully countering the third realm. A lot of the current situation is due to the stale beno/berk frontline that makes so easy for hibs and mids to port, while albs are forced either to run a zone from their central keep or do the boat thing. Given that, and the fact that your groups (would be the same for mids, mind it) are young blood, and already know they're spending all the travel time only to face some fast death by the far more experienced hib army, I can understand how the desire to try again can be thwarted :mad:

From this midgardian point of view ... the only reason why I try again in that endless stream of green deathspam is because I can insta port to berk hoping to get that kill or two before being steamrolled. Cut that, and I'm not even trying - all the travel time it's just not worth the chances I have. At least in the old Odin's Gate run you knew you had the chances of meeting Maeloch's or AoD's fgs more often than PE and Eclipse or big zergs, so the run from SF to amg/hmg was a chance of discussing tactics and plans, not a burden like today.

I don't see alternatives to this with the current population. Sure, we could avoid albion and try to move the front to the hibs shore, but it would last one evening, the morning after you'd see both keeps green again.

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Last night a load of random hibs were attacking a mid tower (Berks 3), most the defenders were dead and the door was on 10%. Taking the tower (even if it was by Hibs) would have prevented mids from porting ... and so increased albs chances of being succesful in their own frontier.

What happens? Alb GG comes and flattens the randoms, then ran off a few secs after. Strong logic imo.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Realms on Prydwen (UK)

Albion Hibernia Midgard Total
Characters 5,047 (38%) 3,925 (29%) 4,446 (33%) 13,418
Active Characters 1,765 (37%) 1,257 (27%) 1,714 (36%) 4,736
Level 50's 2,047 (39%) 1,242 (24%) 1,984 (38%) 5,273
Realm Points 694,749,631 (36%) 561,770,175 (29%) 686,867,999 (35%) 1,943,387,805
Last week RP 9,608,849 (30%) 12,198,430 (38%) 10,522,972 (33%) 32,330,251

So what we see? Hibernia has 29% of the total characters, 27% of the ACTIVE characters, 24% of the level 50's. Pretty 'outnumbered' I would say; especially if you consider level 50's

However. Hibernia racks up 38% of the RP's last week; which means; if you look at the ACTIVE chars; 27% of the population gets 38% of the RP's.

As said before: Hibernia is underpopulated in sheer numbers BUT our RvR-participation is much higher; resulting in a bigger part of the RP-cake.

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
So what we see? Hibernia has 29% of the total characters, 27% of the ACTIVE characters, 24% of the level 50's. Pretty 'outnumbered' I would say; especially if you consider level 50's

However. Hibernia racks up 38% of the RP's last week; which means; if you look at the ACTIVE chars; 27% of the population gets 38% of the RP's.

As said before: Hibernia is underpopulated in sheer numbers BUT our RvR-participation is much higher; resulting in a bigger part of the RP-cake.

Active characters.......
What about active accounts. heh...

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
active char = login, pay rent, logout.

I have 3 lvl 50 chars I play in RvR. 2 BBs, 1 50 char I only use in PvE, 3 thid chars and 2 mule chars for pots.

Then I login friends acc to pay rent for them. About 4-5 lvl 50 chars there also. Sometimes I use a friends BB because he has FoP and I dont.

So in 1 week I can login over 15 chars.

really not a good way to look at current server state. :eek:

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Assuming that still means something in a 500 players peak server, your deduction is true only after two more assumptions: that your main/alts ratio is equal to the other two realms, and that the realms are balanced in NF. I have doubts on both.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
It somehow skews the result perhaps abit Mani; but not by much. Because its not a Midgard-unique ability to do so. Also in Albion and Hibernia people use other chars; have more level 50's, have vault-bots etc etc.

Whenever we did a /who in #Prydwen.steatlthers @ semi-primetime (20:00 CET and upwards) it was almost all the time Alb > Mid > Hib in who's. And in the RvR-zones it was almost exclusively Hib > rest.

Hibernia has a larger RvR-active population; especially relative to total chars and most likely also in absolute numbers.

Notice: I dont say Mid/Pryd and/or Alb/Pryd are not underpopulated; if you ask me all 3 realms are underpopulated. Hibernia is the most underpopulated (least chars) and therefore the underpopulated-bonus seems fair to give out to Hibernia. GOA GM's explained the underpopulated-numbers shouldnt be compared server-to-server (was a post from Erivoss about that) as they're not intended for that.

However; no matter how you look at it: Hibernia's performance in RvR should have ZERO impact on underpopulated bonusses given out. Why should an underpopulated realm be penalized for doing a good job in RvR (I mean in numbers; not talking about 'wtf zerging hibs bla bla QQ')

Underpopulated bonusses are given out on a criterium which is pretty easy; being underpopulated. Look at the numbers and see for yourselves.

Saying 'Im a Mid and login 15 chars / week' is no argument. Im sure some Hib comes up with 'Im a Hib and I got 7 chars I play; and pay rents for 3 guildies who play WoW etc'. Relatively that would make an even bigger impact then your statement (!).

Gamah

Banned
Because Under pop bonuses as designed mostly to balance RvR...at the moment hibs is dominating...hence..GOA should try and rebalance the situation.

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Yma said:
Assuming that still means something in a 500 players peak server, your deduction is true only after two more assumptions: that your main/alts ratio is equal to the other two realms, and that the realms are balanced in NF. I have doubts on both.

A fast check on char/member taken from the "Top Ten Alliances" per realm gives the following:

Realm (chars/member)
Albion 2,2
Midgard 2,4
Hibernia 1,99

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Gamah said:
Because Under pop bonuses as designed mostly to balance RvR...at the moment hibs is dominating...hence..GOA should try and rebalance the situation.

Ehm. Can you explain how the underpopulated bonus are designed to mostly balance RvR ?

How does it work according to you? Because Im pretty sure that's NOT the reason why those bonusses where given out. Especially not the coin-, experience and free levels every 2 days.

The reduced price in claimcosts is PERHAPS a way to balance RvR; but I dont think it works like that. Its mostly there to give a smaller realm an equal chance to keep keeps and towers on an equal level as their enemies.

If there was some healing/damage bonus in RvR due to underpopulation bonusses there would be a really good reason to change it; because Hibs dont need that on Prydwen (they do pretty good RvR-wise). However such bonus does not exist.

Gwenne

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
active char = login, pay rent, logout.

I have 3 lvl 50 chars I play in RvR. 2 BBs, 1 50 char I only use in PvE, 3 thid chars and 2 mule chars for pots.

Then I login friends acc to pay rent for them. About 4-5 lvl 50 chars there also. Sometimes I use a friends BB because he has FoP and I dont.

So in 1 week I can login over 15 chars.

really not a good way to look at current server state. :eek:

This happens on all realms, and should average out the same. For example, I play hib and have 21 active alts, of whom one takes part seriously in RVR.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Otho said:
A fast check on char/member taken from the "Top Ten Alliances" per realm gives the following:

Realm (chars/member)
Albion 2,2
Midgard 2,4
Hibernia 1,99

Those numbers mean very little. Both Hib/Pryd and Mid/Pryd dont even have 10 alliances; and both realms have an alliance from a startup-guild listed (!) as well as alliances consisting of 1-2 guilds :O Easily gives an error-margin higher then the difference between the realms :)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Ehm. Can you explain how the underpopulated bonus are designed to mostly balance RvR ?

How does it work according to you? Because Im pretty sure that's NOT the reason why those bonusses where given out. Especially not the coin-, experience and free levels every 2 days.

The reduced price in claimcosts is PERHAPS a way to balance RvR; but I dont think it works like that. Its mostly there to give a smaller realm an equal chance to keep keeps and towers on an equal level as their enemies.

If there was some healing/damage bonus in RvR due to underpopulation bonusses there would be a really good reason to change it; because Hibs dont need that on Prydwen (they do pretty good RvR-wise). However such bonus does not exist.
]

Its not an immediately balancing factor but it does add up rapidly in extra rps/bps over time which means easier relic retention, port capability etc etc. As you may have noticed a number of alb guilds are rapidly running out of bps despite highly active rvr from members, ive yet to see a claimed hib tower that hasnt been taken to L10...Mids encountering similar problems to alb i hear.

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
Those numbers mean very little. Both Hib/Pryd and Mid/Pryd dont even have 10 alliances; and both realms have an alliance from a startup-guild listed (!) as well as alliances consisting of 1-2 guilds :O Easily gives an error-margin higher then the difference between the realms :)

What on earth do the number of alliances have to do with this average? An average calculated from "Total number of chars / total number of members" do not care about how many alliances there are. The biased assumption that I make is that the active people are in a guild that are in an alliance, or do you perhaps disagree?

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
But startup guild and mini alliances are considered also in the active characters numbers you listed ... so the error margin is as big. To have real numbers, both yours and Otho's should consider only active alliances.

Guidance

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
Piss off tbh, some people actually want to have fun in RvR.

Who gives sht about winning all the time, if you can't have any fun! In the end all grp was boored to death and decided to log.

The reason there were no grps to fight was because we didn't have 1 single clean open fight with less than 20 hibs.

If you think there are to many hibs and to few enemies, then fgs, why not go somewhere else? Ever considered midland might be a place to go to try and find some?

Dear Arethir...
Can't c why ur so angry bout this... Zerging has been a part of the game since the start. In the old frontiers when alb zergs camped AMG in emain, hibs just took 2-3 fg pbs out and took as many albs with then to /release land. In NF u have actually gotten some very nice classes, reavers fx, that can bomb any hib "zerg" to pieces. In old frontiers a good set grp could take 2 fg+ at a time. Now that u are the most powerfull realm u should have the oppotunity to do that aswell. 20 Hibs isnt that much tbh. Half of them are rangers (not my fault tbh) that solo and leech. They are pretty easy to kill.

So if u rethink ya strategies a bit im sure u can tip those 20 hibs, or just stay near Beno on a hill till a hib fg comes by (could be mine). No1 tells u to rush over Beno bridge where all the rangers feed... Tbh when I get beaten in RvR by a zerg I just rethink my strategy. Hibs arent moving much together, so just jump em when they not near all the others.

Hope to c some nice RvR again, and no, I dont think zerging kills RvR, especially when its not really a zerg.

Guidance

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Gwenne said:
This happens on all realms, and should average out the same. For example, I play hib and have 21 active alts, of whom one takes part seriously in RVR.

They only include alts able to take part in rvr realistically at its highest level when calculating the under-populated bonuses according to Requiel so i assume that would mean 45+.

Using active chars is a bad way of calculating imo, would be interested in seeing the number of active accounts atm. I still think hibernia is the lowest populated realm but not by a huge amount of players. No problems with under-populated bonuses apart from upkeep costs, mids\albs dont have enough people either to be paying full costs right now. Not having a huge effect on things either way though really.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
The real problem in comparing the numbers all together, is that they are not weighted against eventual realm differences. I think there is a sort of 'needed characters per account' number that depends on many factors, including the classes you need to do pve and usability of those in rvr. Example: if I roll a mana chanter I may have solved both my rvr and pve needs. To do the same in Midgard I'd need a summ sm and a dark sm, while in Alb it would be a minstrel, or a necro and sorcerer. It's not really this linear - considering my example, one summ sm or one necro could be enough for a small guild, not one per account, but in the end they all weight on the total number. Many classes in alb and mid are rarely used in rvr but often necessary in pve, warriors, paladins, even savages post NF, sum everything and you may understand why it's natural that alb and mid may have a higher alt ratio.

From this point of view, using a value like 'characters over level 45' without considering what's different among classes and realms is just wrong - you can't simply assume the realms are equal, so you are in facts comparing apples to oranges.

Gamah

Banned
Puppet said:

Why yes I will certanly explain my point of view

Free levels were designed to attract extra players to the realms, or get people to roll more needed classes. The general idea is that if you realm is underpopulated (aside from toa issues) you would be perfoming badly in RvR or unblanced towards the more populated sides (imo this is how mythic think)...hence getting people to roll in the under populated realms would pretty much balance out RvR... However... this is not the way it has worked out on prydwen and its clear that they do need need any extra help in RvR.

On prydwen Hibs being able to keep all there keeps on level 10 all there towers claimed to level 10 (due to having bonuses) and having a dominate RvR force is just helping to top the blance and make things even more one sided, as albs/mids dont stand a chance of taking hib keeps due to none of them being low level, when albs keeps are being kept around level 8 hell some even lvl 5 and below..and loads of towers being left unclaimed.

And this /who you quoted..you failed to put the numbers you recieved of 200 albs 180 mids 170 hibs (Aprox) primetime...this hardly justifys albs free level of 7 days and hib free level every 2 days... 5 days differnece for about a 15% population variance primetime...

We also do /who hadrians (most of the action been there) Always about 70 hibs 50 mids and 30/40 albs...if basing underpopulation bonuses on purely pve as you see it? why not base the 5% rp bonus hib get on rvr population...in which alb are lacking, and mid to some extent.

I think if they removed all under population bonuses or alternativly (as I have suggested to requiel) give every realm under pop bonuses it would balance things out somewhat..and get the other realms playing a bit more. As it stands, its clear we are all underpopulated at the moment...however giving the entire server under pop bonuses seems to be a good idea, so i doubt GOA will impliment it.

I hope that clarifys my point of view on the issue.

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
Piss off tbh, some people actually want to have fun in RvR.

Who gives sht about winning all the time, if you can't have any fun! In the end all grp was boored to death and decided to log.

The reason there were no grps to fight was because we didn't have 1 single clean open fight with less than 20 hibs.

If you think there are to many hibs and to few enemies, then fgs, why not go somewhere else? Ever considered midland might be a place to go to try and find some?

Is that why we ran into 4fg albs at once last night (Your group included)? All realms zerg. Don't go being a hypocrite about it.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
How long will Hibs keep bringing this up as the mother of all argument and excuse?

I would just like to know, so I can know when it will be worth discussing anything with hibs or expect any reasonable intelligence from hibs.
I dunno, make it the same amount of time as the Hibs were requesting other realms to zerg a bit less and cut them some slack...... Will speak again in 3 years time.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, everyone and their mother got either an enchanter or light mentalist or animist, some got all or two of them, and most have bb, but so do all realms.
I have an enchanter that I only use for focus farming and it so happens to be the only pbaoe on that account so I sometimes use it for that. And I got animist for pl and especially arti farming. Got a bg light ment also, prolly won't get rr3 on it and 50 before sally nerf though. And I got numerous other chars that I log in during the week. Oh, and I also have a pve hero (!!) with mob 3.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Overall i congratulate this post for getting the albs out in the numbers we all know they can field.

Had great fun in rvr over the past few weeks both farming and being farmed and simply hope this continues.

In addition, i hope that alb and mid will rise to the challenge of retaking the hib owned relics and at the same time will ensure that no one on Prydwen (coz we all want it to carry on dont we?!) dominates completely.

Remember if a realm goes down, a server goes down

Keep on fighting people

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom