HIbs in albland now....

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Bet you where one of the persons who said 'Hibs QQ more build your own zerg'.

Basically Hibs are doing what Albs and Mids did for 3+ years. It was 'fine' back in those days to zerg everything down coming past Bolg but now it aint?

The mother of all arguments means its fine when it suites you but it aint fine when it hurts you ?

However there's light at the end of the tunnel: In OF it was almost impossible to redirect RvR out of Emain Macha. But now? Its damn easy: Albs take Berk and Beno and everything is back @ Brynja. But damn I felt happy I could teleport to HTK (Beno) in HW in 20 secs and fight within 1 minutes after dying. It was almost as old AMG :p

Anyhow at the end of the day you can blame Hibs for coming out in numbers and teleport to the flames; but the ones complaining (and suffering) did the same. Organize an alarmclock-raid; raid Ailinne (and Scat?) and on the way back to Arthur 2 relics richer NPC-fight Beno and Berk. Everything will be back as old......
Another i know best post from puppet funny i find them evrywere you must rock!

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Good lord, months after NF but some hib is still living in the past. Get over it, the emain era ended, those that camped you are gone, stop the mourning and all - poor poor hibs, yes you were farmed, yes you were underpopulated and underpowered and all nice things, I'm so sorry, now can we fast forward to today and stop this tearful drama once for all ? Thanks.

Say what you want, but I do prefere the server as it's today than the empty shell it was last week, I may die more ... patience, I'm back as fast but I don't have to run for hours looking for a fight that I will probably lose against ubergroups, and if I'm tired of the zerg-counter zerg thing I may as well log a stealther and pick my fights from towers and hidden spots, then switch to an opted fg when things go better.

100x better than running on empty lands. Just ponder on a simple fact, what stopped rvr yesterday wasn't the hib zerg - people kept coming again and again - but the tower taking that stopped porting ability. This should be the main topic on Mythic meetings, when they will wake up and admit NF was a big failure, instead of talking about casual servers and personal horses. Remove that big central sea to link all lands together, put some untakable enemy structures in the center with porting ability.

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
this is funny reading indeed imo.

not just cause im a hibbie and midds/albs qq that hibbs running 70+ ppl in hw one evening. yesterday i was wondering when i saw 70hibbs together and remember one relic raid 1 year ago perhaps or something and i was glad.

But i wonder isint this what ppl want low pop server with noone to fight sept elite fg´s ? on prydwen. As many ppl say roleplayer zerg is out lets farm them ? Give one decent midd grp to farm the hibb zerg ? Give one decent alb grp to farm the hibb roleplayer zerg ? give 7 midd/pryd acc so we can farm the hibb zerg. this are lines i saw on irc yesterday.

And for the poor "underdawg" alb grpa if you know there is 70+ hibbs in hw why oh why do you let your sticky person lead you to the bridge that is near benokeep ? unless you where rp horney ?.

And for middis sorry that you got farmed yesterday but if im not mistaken top 4 stat rp holders was midds for almost the entire "evening"

Nf is fun imo i think its the most balanced patch in daoc ever maybe cause im an idealist i like to think that most ppl that play daoc can play whatever char they please and have a good time. This was impossible before ppl who say nf,toa,si,ra:s is crap and play ipvp server i mean really cant you afford your acc is that it ? :) well im not sad there isint much elite grpas left infact im glad that they choose ipvp and hopefully they get to the "skill lvl of perfection they want"

Nf made it possible for 2 - 6 friends to roam around and get some rps dont have to be a super setup with only optimized chars. step back alittle have some fun but prydwen is to small to qq about one realm zerging the other.

Before ppl was screaming for more hibbs to fight well here you go when there is enemies to rvr against ppl qq when is not they qq.

and for comments like not so smart to take relics on a low pop server ........................................... makes sense no ? nope it doesnt .

I think its good ppl like grymligast take time to plan and assault on relic keep but face it if you can take it 5 in the morning do it ppl dont it on this server since it went live.

anyway happy hunting

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
We started running our fixed gg about a year ago through thick & thin, died alot, got zerged alot, sometimes zerged back, won some nice fights, lost some nice fights we maybe should have won and then again got our asses handed to us on several occassions. We have always ran the same 3 nites, so u want us to do what now exactly? stop running? not gonna happen, go elsewhere? we do regularly.

Is it our fault that ur realms are in the state they are in? No, as GM's keep telling u, at any one time u have more active lvl50's than us hibs do. But just because u cba or wont get organised us Hibs are killing the server hmmm now how bloody childish is dat?

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
There is a big diffrence from the old days...

Every realm had there high rr grps out and for the low rr grps
2fg wasnt enough to beat the high rr (smal zergstarting). 2fg
low rr steamroll 1fg lowrr who bring another grp (bigger zerg gathering)

Today Hibs are the only one having high rr grps(i think) and they go with the zerg
(i have seen 2 high rr hibs adding eachother).What do this leave us with
low rr chars? Guess its not that fun to be low rr hib either zerging fg low rr
(sure u get rp but is it fun?).

Not whining just pointing out the diffrence. I still understand hibs had a
hard time loong ago but that wasnt fun for a low rr grp mid either.
As it is today I rather fight albs coz u can meet a fg albs that are not
only high rr. If there is a fg hib they are prolly rr8+ witch my grp with
rr3-5 cant beat (not a chance tbh).

I dont blame hibs for this, its just how it is....

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Jupiter said:
We started running our fixed gg about a year ago through thick & thin, died alot, got zerged alot, sometimes zerged back, won some nice fights, lost some nice fights we maybe should have won and then again got our asses handed to us on several occassions.

Think you forgot the winning of bad fights we really should have lost in there ;).

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch
The difference was yesterday i never engaged less than 16 hibs with our group of 8. Last week there were lots of FG's roaming, we won some and lost some.
(The Zerg included a Celt Emeral Rider in Wolf mode)

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
gamah just cause i dont share your farmed ass opinion , casters are good but they always been good, get an armsman ingrp with soldiersbarricade 3 + some aom and em same on most tanks and baod and voila casters grps arent that hard anymore.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Realm ranks aren't that much of an issue
at RR4 you can have the best needed RA for your class, all the others are just a bonus.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Bubble said:
Maeloch
The difference was yesterday i never engaged less than 16 hibs with our group of 8. Last week there were lots of FG's roaming, we won some and lost some.

Ye ye, altho i'm retired i surely remember 2 weeks ago when there were 2-3 fgs albs in same zone and everytime we engaged an fg we got 2 fgs adding just from out of clip range, but WE didn't whined. And i had rights too LOL was my last night.
Now it happens 1 night a week that u encounter 5 fgs of Hibs running around and all i see here are cries, cmon, get over it, move another zone. It's not like that anything will change whining at that, Hibs won't stop rvring just like Albs and Mids didn't when we were holding the short stick.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
Running wasnt really an option with two members res sick and sos down :) Yeah sorry, true was a 1-1, but that was about the only one of the evening mind... :(

Selective memory?
i definately seem to remember my group running along happily then mezzed-splat.
dont remember seeing any other people there, just you and your group running off into the sunset.
But then your not really talking about quick gankings are you, but the long drawn out group vs group ones.
No given that the fight is reported on a map and that there will be several groups in the area its natural that people will head there.
We tried moving off the beaten track, what did we find, nothing.. so had to had back.

Bubble said:
Oh we didn't meet a single mid...i guess they don't roam out of the protection of there little keep

???
Up until hibs took thier tower there were tons of them out there.
a couple of times i ran over a hill and saw a battle covering the entire area before me.

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
well the thing is, hibs has mostly been forced to bend and adjust to albs and mids, i think its pretty damn nice that hibs have held out and still are around and even beeing able to do good in RVR numberwise. (quite many old hibs have left the building ages ago but it seems there are quite a few persistant ones around)

I ask, why should hibs bend and adjust one more time, just to satisfy and please the two opposing realms this time, once again when it is hibs that always have done it in the past? It is the true behaviour of an underdogrealm, and I believe quite many hibs are very tired of it tbh. Wouldnt you be?

Agreeably, it isnt easy to be overrun (been there done that), and it isnt fun either, but I think that in the longrun, if you somehow manage to sustain a long period of beeing dominated, you actually become hardened and more persistant as a player of a realm. This is the ultimate reason you still see hibs around on Prydwen, otherwise they would have moved a long time ago due to beeing supressed for so long.

I'd say, let hibs enjoy this moment of "Dominance" for once, let them feel how it actually can be to play as something that isnt classified as an underdogrealm, is it much to ask for after a long time of beeing underdogs on realm vs realm level? It isnt in my opinion, it is the fruit of alot of hard work and an ability to endure, and prevail and deserves a moment of glory.

Just my 2 cents really. Im pretty sure Albs will find a way to come back once again, so will mids, mids on Pryd has a history of beeing a very very strong realm with alot of great people playing in it, it wont take too long to rebuild it. Albs have mostly relied on a few strong PvPguilds like SoTL, FL and PE to bring out the courage in the mass so it is harder for them I guess since those seem to be long gone now, hopefully some day Albs on pryd realize too that the strenght in Alb not only lies in one or two groups, but as a whole. NF also forces this behaviour to a certain degree I think. Guildgroups matters yes, but the realm matters way more since cooperation on a larger scale is required to succeed overall.

I guess you can see I can ramble on about this for and alot more for quite some time, but I'll settle and just shut up now :)
I can understand why you don't want to bend, one thing to keep in mind tho when pulling the "Kindergarten Trick" is that since Alb/Mid domination back in Ol' Emain, Mythic have supplied us with two major fucking retarded fuck-ups, being ToA and NF, Cats isn't that much of a fuck-up its more like a waste of money looking from a RvR perspective anyways. Also since Ol' Emain a new fresh mmorpg is out, WoW, which means there's an alternative to DAoC, so before you claim your right to pwn (which you have, you pay, you play) you should consider that there are many many reasons why players, myself included, leave the game for greener fields on the other side, if it aint fun, why pay the monkeys in France who should take a marketing course. I would love to come back to Prydwen and fuck around in RvR but ive lost my appetite for the game for the time being, it may or may not return, but i would hate to run around alone because something killed the server and the population.
am i making sense or do i need to fetch another cuppa coffee? :drink:

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Maeloch

You engaged our group at Eras while we had guards on us!!!!!

We where just trying to shift the battle by soloing Eras and you ruined it!!

;p

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Quinlan said:
You engaged our group at Eras while we had guards on us!!!!!

We where just trying to shift the battle by soloing Eras and you ruined it!!

;p

pff apart from you guys pulling that stunt :p
We planned on bombing you while you were under the ram :) but Reza's DD storm followed by a Titan kinda 2 shot our Icewizard and our mercs bomb wasn't enough :p

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Gamah said:
lol I smell bullshit...Casters > Tanks is not balance

maybe 1v1 unless the tank has some long range interupts. but tbh in a fg its suicial running w/o any tanks as in ToA/NF casters/tanks need to work together for BG/grapple/BL debuffs etc. So yea, think i agree with luon that its maybe the most balanced patch if you look at it from afar.

But some silly shit still in there like pets hiting for 400+ and FZ on classes that hit for 500+ etc just to name afew.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Jobil said:
I can understand why you don't want to bend, one thing to keep in mind tho when pulling the "Kindergarten Trick" is that since Alb/Mid domination back in Ol' Emain, Mythic have supplied us with two major fucking retarded fuck-ups, being ToA and NF, Cats isn't that much of a fuck-up its more like a waste of money looking from a RvR perspective anyways. Also since Ol' Emain a new fresh mmorpg is out, WoW, which means there's an alternative to DAoC, so before you claim your right to pwn (which you have, you pay, you play) you should consider that there are many many reasons why players, myself included, leave the game for greener fields on the other side, if it aint fun, why pay the monkeys in France who should take a marketing course. I would love to come back to Prydwen and fuck around in RvR but ive lost my appetite for the game for the time being, it may or may not return, but i would hate to run around alone because something killed the server and the population.
am i making sense or do i need to fetch another cuppa coffee? :drink:

Perfect sense mate but it aint just NF and ToA that ruined the game. Its also the people that play that have screwed things with their superiority complex...*Hisst-hisst*

*At college so in a bad mood right now - I'll apologize later*

:p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:
You can do whatever you like. But constantly bringing up this 3 years of being underpopulated/zerged/underperformin or whatever is nothing else but plain kindergarden behaviour.
If you look back you can see that neither me nor the grp I ran with enjoyed the last months o OF because of all the mids and nothing to fight.

If you look closely plenty of hibs are saying the same thing plenty of mids said on OF. "Go to another front etc etc". If you didnt like that what makes you think they do?

Eye for an eye or?

Kindergarden, yep, maybe :) but it do lie in human nature to avenge what there is to be avenged normally. Eye for an eye is a basic primitive way of thinking that can be applied to many many people around us, heck I fall into that behaviour sometimes aswell :) It is maybe not civilized since it often fall out of the frames of the social network of laws among other things but still, people do it and will continue to do it, childish or not.

I can take up a simple example here, I used to play my NS Temples some after TOA came out, I made him for soloing since I wanted something to do while our guildgroup wasnt up and running since I never play in pug's, believe me, I tried very very hard to solo and in the end i got maybe 1-5 solofights per evening/day I was out, mostly I faced duos+ and result is obviosly that I died, alot, solo was fun since I could stand and fight back pretty darn good but ultimately, it wasnt fun to run to Emain for 10min, get zerged to hell by mids and albstealthers and run back (if I even made it to Emain thx to Mael, BAF, BO etc that roamed behind bolg alot and behind ailinne aswell). Result one evening after gettin chainganked I duoed, and then we got zerged aswell and we ended up beeing 6 people in the group. We kept on going and finally no more albs or mids came at all since we chainganked them back constantly since we had a bard to CC for us in shademode. I actually enjoyed it, I enjoyed every single kill we made, and I sat there and laughed about it since we finally got some revenge, and trust me (you probably also know this), revenge is sweet sometimes! :) Bottomline is, we paid back with the same coin and it felt good, situation is essentially the same here tbh. Its all about paying back and as I said before, it is probably a nice feeling for many hibs that they for once are able to feel as something else than an underdog. (i totally stopped playing my NS after a terrible evening when I was getting zerged to hell constantly and it culminated in the meeting of an Elf vs around 20 Midstealthers around AMG, it was just awful and I thought I was some kind of joke, alas, it wasnt and it just killed my desire to play NS totally since I realized that I was one of very very few that actually wanted to play solo and thus there is no point in even trying.)

Sure, you maybe wasnt a part of the zergs, or disliked the general behaviour but, there are people in Hib now that feel exactly same as you did back then, I mean, there are all kinds of people in all realms, but essentially the same archetypes are to be found in all realms. Meaning, there are probably alot of people that enjoy it, in the same way as alot of your realmmates earlier on. If it didnt give some sort of strange or bizarre pleasure to do it, then it wouldnt be done, if you get what I mean.

Kindergarden.. it is a game after all though nomatter what ;)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
Ye ye, altho i'm retired i surely remember 2 weeks ago when there were 2-3 fgs albs in same zone and everytime we engaged an fg we got 2 fgs adding just from out of clip range, but WE didn't whined. And i had rights too LOL was my last night.
Now it happens 1 night a week that u encounter 5 fgs of Hibs running around and all i see here are cries, cmon, get over it, move another zone. It's not like that anything will change whining at that, Hibs won't stop rvring just like Albs and Mids didn't when we were holding the short stick.

i'm not really whining
my solution was to log after afew hours of this and play WoW/download more hentai :p
I'll log on tonight and log off if the same happens :p

nangoi

Fledgling Freddie
Read a post earlier about try going to other zone and shifting action ....
We did me (fainnon ) gaham relilik baldir and cant remeber last guy soz........
we took aililine tower 1 was lvl 10 but did it pretty fast ......we thought this might make the hibs come to own realm.
Worked..... withing about 3 mins was 20 hibs on tower.recaptured in about 2 mins and then everyoneback to hadrians ...but we tried :D

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
nangoi said:
Read a post earlier about try going to other zone and shifting action ....
We did me (fainnon ) gaham relilik baldir and cant remeber last guy soz........
we took aililine tower 1 was lvl 10 but did it pretty fast ......we thought this might make the hibs come to own realm.
Worked..... withing about 3 mins was 20 hibs on tower.recaptured in about 2 mins and then everyoneback to hadrians ...but we tried :D
It will - hibs just about to restore their benowyc port.

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Sure, you maybe wasnt a part of the zergs, or disliked the general behaviour but, there are people in Hib now that feel exactly same as you did back then, I mean, there are all kinds of people in all realms, but essentially the same archetypes are to be found in all realms. Meaning, there are probably alot of people that enjoy it, in the same way as alot of your realmmates earlier on. If it didnt give some sort of strange or bizarre pleasure to do it, then it wouldnt be done, if you get what I mean.

i need more coffee, didnt take that perspective into consideration. as i said "utopia, very unlikely"

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
On Open Field a Tank group >>> Caster group

Most definetely yes. It seems warlocks has been fixed alittle thus they arent as dreadful to face anymore as they was.

Merc+Reaver destroys castersetups totally and royally fuck em over. Toss in a cabby with disease and NS and alil nukingpower or a theurg and a sorc and enjoy the carnage. Hybridsetup.

BM+Champ would probably do the same. Toss in a lighteld and possibly a banshee for carnage.

Zerker+Thane would too. Toss in a BD and a RM and have fun.

These are just examples of working setups today. Can be adjusted in several ways ofc but.. general theme is, hybridgroups. I doubt a pure tank or pure castergroup can compete with it tbh, the players of the castergroup need a skilllevel beyond perfect to work well vs a solid FG and tankgroup is heavily lacking if they face alot of CC and disease is a real killer here. Im not saying they wont work, but it is deffo alot harder to play them successfully I think.

All because of ranged interrupting and banelord, nukes after demor is a laugh and waste of mana tbh. Remember when we ran ADcastergrp still and met Sycho a cpl times, I was nuking for 2xx and was ofc wondering WTF that was about, it was early banelords showing how powerful that line actually is in DAoC. Thanks for that Matt! ^^

anyhows.. I disagree with Luon, NF blow goats due to a couple things, I hate the way water works, its just ridicilous, NF is too large for small servers, those are 2 things i really dislike with it, rest is okish at least but I had more fun in old Emain since it was a heckofalot easier to actually find fights overall. Most of the action in NF springs from towerattacks etc, means swords, means alot of inc.. fun.. not really. On a larger server however, you can roam and actually find alot of fun fights around if there are alot of other groups running about. NF also brought in alot of changes to RAs, and some RAs are just plain stupid, like ST, when they stack :p

Jobil said:
i need more coffee, didnt take that perspective into consideration. as i said "utopia, very unlikely"

coffe pwns! on my 5th cup for today :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
Kindergarden, yep, maybe :) but it do lie in human nature to avenge what there is to be avenged normally. Eye for an eye is a basic primitive way of thinking that can be applied to many many people around us, heck I fall into that behaviour sometimes aswell :) It is maybe not civilized since it often fall out of the frames of the social network of laws among other things but still, people do it and will continue to do it, childish or not.

I can take up a simple example here, I used to play my NS Temples some after TOA came out, I made him for soloing since I wanted something to do while our guildgroup wasnt up and running since I never play in pug's, believe me, I tried very very hard to solo and in the end i got maybe 1-5 solofights per evening/day I was out, mostly I faced duos+ and result is obviosly that I died, alot, solo was fun since I could stand and fight back pretty darn good but ultimately, it wasnt fun to run to Emain for 10min, get zerged to hell by mids and albstealthers and run back (if I even made it to Emain thx to Mael, BAF, BO etc that roamed behind bolg alot and behind ailinne aswell). Result one evening after gettin chainganked I duoed, and then we got zerged aswell and we ended up beeing 6 people in the group. We kept on going and finally no more albs or mids came at all since we chainganked them back constantly since we had a bard to CC for us in shademode. I actually enjoyed it, I enjoyed every single kill we made, and I sat there and laughed about it since we finally got some revenge, and trust me (you probably also know this), revenge is sweet sometimes! :) Bottomline is, we paid back with the same coin and it felt good, situation is essentially the same here tbh. Its all about paying back and as I said before, it is probably a nice feeling for many hibs that they for once are able to feel as something else than an underdog. (i totally stopped playing my NS after a terrible evening when I was getting zerged to hell constantly and it culminated in the meeting of an Elf vs around 20 Midstealthers around AMG, it was just awful and I thought I was some kind of joke, alas, it wasnt and it just killed my desire to play NS totally since I realized that I was one of very very few that actually wanted to play solo and thus there is no point in even trying.)

Can only speak for myself but I have never joined/created a stealther zerg or any kind of zerg just to "get even" or anything.

If it was to zergy I simply did something else

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:
Can only speak for myself but I have never joined/created a stealther zerg or any kind of zerg just to "get even" or anything.

If it was to zergy I simply did something else

kudos to you then, you are probably one in 10000 or so :)

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
I wanted something to do while our guildgroup wasnt up and running since I never play in pug's

call me pedantic, but is the above a sign of insecurity or leetism? Imho thats another part of the reason mid & alb are in the mess they are in (yes i know u were a hib), but people there with that same attitude..... yeah yeah u pay u play flame on whatever

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
call me pedantic, but is the above a sign of insecurity or leetism? Imho thats another part of the reason mid & alb are in the mess they are in (yes i know u were a hib), but people there with that same attitude..... yeah yeah u pay u play flame on whatever
that or he hates wasting time much like me

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I'd rather make a 2 Tank group :)

Friar (BM)
Merc (BL)
Reaver (BL)
Sorcerer (CV)
Tri Spec cabbie (CV)
Theurgist (SL)
Cleric (PF)
Cleric (PF)

Such a nasty group setup

I'd rather run normal Mixed groups in Mid and Hib (I'd rather have a BM/Savage than thane/champion)

Savage (BM)
Zerker (BL)
Skald (SJ)
Shaman (PF)
Pac Healer (SJ)
Aug Healer (SJ)
Runemaster (SL)
Bonedancer (CV)

Hibs..

Blademaster (BL)
Blademaster (BL) / Hero (BM)
Bard (Soj)