HIbs in albland now....

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
There are two realms owning two keeps near each others and there are flames and crossed swords everywhere there, ofc in an area like that there will be lots of adds and grps running into each others?. Hibs diddnt move as a zerg but was many full grps out roaming and very often crashing into each others at battlespots, theres an impressive amount of hibs out in rvr ( of the 140 characters logged on I reckon at least 50+ was in HW). It wasnt like mids were very few there either, was actually quite many mids there for a while if you ask me and many times we ran into their 3fg force with our fg, anyways im not complaining .. had great fun fighting mids. Taking the berk tower was a mistake though as mids couldnt port back =/

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
How long will Hibs keep bringing this up as the mother of all argument and excuse?

I would just like to know, so I can know when it will be worth discussing anything with hibs or expect any reasonable intelligence from hibs.

Bet you where one of the persons who said 'Hibs QQ more build your own zerg'.

Basically Hibs are doing what Albs and Mids did for 3+ years. It was 'fine' back in those days to zerg everything down coming past Bolg but now it aint?

The mother of all arguments means its fine when it suites you but it aint fine when it hurts you ?

However there's light at the end of the tunnel: In OF it was almost impossible to redirect RvR out of Emain Macha. But now? Its damn easy: Albs take Berk and Beno and everything is back @ Brynja. But damn I felt happy I could teleport to HTK (Beno) in HW in 20 secs and fight within 1 minutes after dying. It was almost as old AMG :p

Anyhow at the end of the day you can blame Hibs for coming out in numbers and teleport to the flames; but the ones complaining (and suffering) did the same. Organize an alarmclock-raid; raid Ailinne (and Scat?) and on the way back to Arthur 2 relics richer NPC-fight Beno and Berk. Everything will be back as old......

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Arethir said:
Yes, as i said, it was fun before, it was alot before, but atleast we got some few decent fights and it was fun _even though we died alot_. Now it's just to much, anyone can tell you that 4k in 1 evening of RvR is sht.

Get a better group and pharm? Atleast you got something to fight XDDDDDDD

(TM Blesj)

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
And by the way, what are you complaining about?
After months of "DAoC IS DEAD" and "PRYDWEN HAS NO ACTION" people are now whining because there's too many players in RvR? :D

Anyway, get some FGs organised, we need more of those on pryd, 8 vs 8 is fun :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Whine is ridicolous. Was solo in odins yesterday for 2hrs with hardly anything to fight, i could sit on bled bridge, and zergwhine inc from peep who haven't got the brains to use their initiative and move the fight around a bit (yeah, I know could mean spending 1hr taking towers etc to goad peeps away from zergzone, but should try that b4 whining).

Mael, 50th ment.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:
Whine is ridicolous. Was solo in odins yesterday for 2hrs with hardly anything to fight, i could sit on bled bridge, and zergwhine inc from peep who haven't got the brains to use their initiative and move the fight around a bit (yeah, I know could mean spending 1hr taking towers etc to goad peeps away from zergzone, but should try that b4 whining).

Mael, 50th ment.

Problem with that is everybodys frantically clicking RW so you get a coupla fg's in the ass before anything but an unclaimed tower goes down.And you monkeys almost always claim your vital port chain towers - wish my bloody realm would.Must sleep.Mmmm sleep.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Albion is not RvRing..and won't be till a decent leader surfaces, all realms go though this decline..unfortuntaltly with Catacombs on its way I see little to help out Albion in the forseeable future in RvR. I just prey hibs wise up because albion and mid are tired of being killed by superior numbers, they will go back into there shell again and RvR will dry up like it did before.

Heres to hoping
Regards
Gamah

sooo ur looking for somebody to lead ur zerg huh, where's steveh when u need him...

hib groups were running independently and did clash often, we even ran down and took arvark faste tower 2 to try open another front but hey couldnt drag dem enemy ppl away from the /rw too long... ffs albs can/could do the same, loads of unclaimed towers in all realms, but that involves using a brain and moving away from the action area... qq more

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Took a lil screenshot:)
sshot302.jpg

And here's a funny one:)

sshot303.jpg

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
why make this a aod whine? ~~

ffs when aod started running opted gorups they started asking people not to follow them, it wasnt their fault when stealthers ran over at mach 5. Its alays the same ppl who wont accept the fact they they actualy took active steps to not get adds and still poeple whine at them.

But though i hate to say it...i agree with jupiter...if u dont want to fight a zerg/get adds then stay away from the hotspots/change zone or whatever. The groups who are a challenge will normaly get word that your whereever you are and come fight you (unless your own realm has a zerg out ofc).

/edit lol @ screenys knarl rox :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Starting to get really tired of hibs one and only "3 years underdog/underpopulated etc etc"

Dont u have anything else to say? You say you were zerged for 3 years and that it killed the game for hibs etc etc. So you feel you have to do the same thing or what?

Can more or less compare it to a kindergarden fight. "he hit me! No he hit me first! WOAAAAAAAA!"

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
but then your kinda bias....you obviously enjoy playing the underdog, your a SB :)

aegnor

Fledgling Freddie
Must agree that were lots of hibs out today compared to albs, but mids also had lots out today even if most low RR.
Hibs have most of the remaining high RR active players who have played on this server for a long time so they have a slight advantage over some of the other realms where a big part of the hardcore groups left. We have recently got the relics and peeps are more motivated.
But if there's too many hibs it will only lead to fewer rps for each of them. Not much to kill, hibs will get bored and log. With the current server status smaller groups are a good way to have fun and still get decent rps from fights.

Hibs have been outnumbered lots of times, but that was no reason to give up.
So albs and mids should keep fighting, work on building guilds, bring new players to the game, and don't give up or whine abount being outnumbered, build up, bring your players to RvR and don't let this server die.
Winning isn't everything, if the odds are against you at the start then you should count on losing, but who cares if you lose, there is a lot to be learned even in defeat, the important thing is to put up a good fight.

I hope people get tired of WoW soon and new players join with Catacombs, then we can have some balanced large scale epic fights once again.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
xxManiacxx said:
Starting to get really tired of hibs one and only "3 years underdog/underpopulated etc etc"

Dont u have anything else to say? You say you were zerged for 3 years and that it killed the game for hibs etc etc. So you feel you have to do the same thing or what?

Can more or less compare it to a kindergarden fight. "he hit me! No he hit me first! WOAAAAAAAA!"

Perhaps Im still going kindergarten; but I didnt forget 2+ years of getting zerging at Ailinne brought to you by the wonder world of Blesj and Co. Many times Bulle claimed Ailinne. Or Bad Omen. Getting insta-mezzed by BO just past Bolg on my ranger - the joys.

Is it payback? Well hardly I dont see it like that. But now a few days Hibs zerg the shit out of Mids and/or Albs and the whines begin already. Sorry I hardly feel sympathy. About as much as those realms showed us for 3+ years.

And the solution is this time rather easy: Both opposing realms simply lack the numbers in RvR - but not in population. It aint Mids lacking; they had easy 50+ in Hadrians Wall too. Its Albs; who now feel that running to the action is something different the comfortly porting to the action is a different game. Get your keeps back and the zerg will spread out (or go PVE again?)

Be reasonable: Beno in Hib hands and Berk in Mid hands with both realms access to porting is just asking for a zerg in HW.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
The problem was with 3 hours of RvR we didn't run into a Single FG. (Apart from Eclipse trying to solo Eras :p)

What would basicly happen-
We'd run to hadrians, either find the zerg and die to 3FG's. Find a FG and attack it, get hit by a second and die. Repeat this for 3 hours and then log ^^

There were a lack of albs for this reason

Hibs having relics/keeps/higher RR players isn't a problem :p Outnumbering the enemy 3 to 1 in open field battles were the problem.

Oh we didn't meet a single mid...i guess they don't roam out of the protection of there little keep :p

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Perhaps Im still going kindergarten; but I didnt forget 2+ years of getting zerging at Ailinne brought to you by the wonder world of Blesj and Co. Many times Bulle claimed Ailinne. Or Bad Omen. Getting insta-mezzed by BO just past Bolg on my ranger - the joys.

Is it payback? Well hardly I dont see it like that. But now a few days Hibs zerg the shit out of Mids and/or Albs and the whines begin already. Sorry I hardly feel sympathy. About as much as those realms showed us for 3+ years.

And the solution is this time rather easy: Both opposing realms simply lack the numbers in RvR - but not in population. It aint Mids lacking; they had easy 50+ in Hadrians Wall too. Its Albs; who now feel that running to the action is something different the comfortly porting to the action is a different game. Get your keeps back and the zerg will spread out (or go PVE again?)

Be reasonable: Beno in Hib hands and Berk in Mid hands with both realms access to porting is just asking for a zerg in HW.

I quite like you guys having those keeps cuts my travel time in half to get to a fight.But yeah with a few notable exceptions (who have mostly retired/gone wow) in mid/alb and indeed hib who the hell can take 3-1 numbers reliably?Not many if any thats for sure...

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

i can see what you're saying, though try thinking about it this way, Bulle/BO was what? 16-24 ppl total? You're killing RvR for 6-7 times that number the way i read it. The kindergarten thing is right on, "he hit me i hit him back", could try and not repeat history... anyways back to the coffee

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Jobil said:
i can see what you're saying, though try thinking about it this way, Bulle/BO was what? 16-24 ppl total? You're killing RvR for 6-7 times that number the way i read it. The kindergarten thing is right on, "he hit me i hit him back", could try and not repeat history... anyways back to the coffee

Uhm u are forgetting that those 16-24 ppl "brought" to Emain (not their fault etc) half of Midgard \o/

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Uhm u are forgetting that those 16-24 ppl "brought" to Emain (not their fault etc) half of Midgard \o/
yep i tend to forget a lot of things =)
my point was tho, although i realize that history repeats itself, i was trying to say that steps could be taken towards NOT repeating it, unlikely? absolutely! utopia? most probably, but anyways, aint it a sweet thought? ;)

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
There certainly arent any full time RvR groups running on alb so any fight hibs do see they will charge too. Like has already been said it is a natural cycle in the game and im sure alb will pick up but maybe not with cata's.

Zerg can be annoying from any realm but then its jsut as annoying for those zerging as they get crap realm points and the GG dont have anything to kill.

Sure it will pick up always get the odd night where things are one sided.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Gahn said:

Gahn's cracked it really. Everytime one realm has more guild groups out than other realms more of that realm decides to come out to play (not sure if they feel safer, are buoyed by the success of their realm mates, feel that they have to get more rp than their realm mates, or what) & this invairiably leads to other realms screaming zerg!!!!111!!!.

Happened when mid guild groups were out in OF & hibs basically had to put up with it in Emain, or try & find action elsewhere (which we did). In all fairness PE encouraged a lot of albs out & this continued to the start of TOA (& as they were damn good it's not surprising). Now it's Hib that seems to have the GG's & so other hibs are taking it as a sign to come out & play. Just the way it has been for a rather long time.

It's not like the pre-SI days when you'd just roll yourself into any sort of group & have a bash - even though there were some damn good groups around back then. It seems that if your realm doesn't have a couple of GG's out everyone from that realm goes off to play a stealther.

Kudos to the mids for coming out & having a bash enmasse & kudos to the occasional alb fg that we've come across. At least they're coming out & putting up a fight. Wish we could meet some more fg vs fg though (& yes it's hard when the hibs are falling over each other in the same area - but dem's de breaks).

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Genedril said:
Now it's Hib that seems to have the GG's & so other hibs are taking it as a sign to come out & play. Just the way it has been for a rather long time.

Nib. The state of keeps and relics makes Hibs come out in RvR. Basically Beno is at the moment Thidranki for level 50's.

Has very little to do with or without high-RR GG's running out. Even without the high-RR groups I see feckloads and feckloads of Hibs around Beno.

Pretty obvious too; you can port for Ligen to Benowyc and have instant fun with enemies. If you die (or they die) they be back fast. Its like Thidranki basically.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Not sure Puppet, even pre Beno Hib seemed to have a rather large number of bods out & about. As the mid & alb gg's have reduced the more hibs I see out.

This may be a somewhat coloured view as I only get to RvR 3 times a week when the group is out (RL is such a pain ;) ).

Can't disagree that Beno makes it a bit Thid-like mind :D.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Jobil said:
yep i tend to forget a lot of things =)
my point was tho, although i realize that history repeats itself, i was trying to say that steps could be taken towards NOT repeating it, unlikely? absolutely! utopia? most probably, but anyways, aint it a sweet thought? ;)

well the thing is, hibs has mostly been forced to bend and adjust to albs and mids, i think its pretty damn nice that hibs have held out and still are around and even beeing able to do good in RVR numberwise. (quite many old hibs have left the building ages ago but it seems there are quite a few persistant ones around)

I ask, why should hibs bend and adjust one more time, just to satisfy and please the two opposing realms this time, once again when it is hibs that always have done it in the past? It is the true behaviour of an underdogrealm, and I believe quite many hibs are very tired of it tbh. Wouldnt you be?

Agreeably, it isnt easy to be overrun (been there done that), and it isnt fun either, but I think that in the longrun, if you somehow manage to sustain a long period of beeing dominated, you actually become hardened and more persistant as a player of a realm. This is the ultimate reason you still see hibs around on Prydwen, otherwise they would have moved a long time ago due to beeing supressed for so long.

I'd say, let hibs enjoy this moment of "Dominance" for once, let them feel how it actually can be to play as something that isnt classified as an underdogrealm, is it much to ask for after a long time of beeing underdogs on realm vs realm level? It isnt in my opinion, it is the fruit of alot of hard work and an ability to endure, and prevail and deserves a moment of glory.

Just my 2 cents really. Im pretty sure Albs will find a way to come back once again, so will mids, mids on Pryd has a history of beeing a very very strong realm with alot of great people playing in it, it wont take too long to rebuild it. Albs have mostly relied on a few strong PvPguilds like SoTL, FL and PE to bring out the courage in the mass so it is harder for them I guess since those seem to be long gone now, hopefully some day Albs on pryd realize too that the strenght in Alb not only lies in one or two groups, but as a whole. NF also forces this behaviour to a certain degree I think. Guildgroups matters yes, but the realm matters way more since cooperation on a larger scale is required to succeed overall.

I guess you can see I can ramble on about this for and alot more for quite some time, but I'll settle and just shut up now :)

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
aegnor said:
I told ya, they should nerf focus shield :p

<sniff>

It was a case of "hmm, I see one chanter, and another elfy, oh and there's a ranger. Hmm - another stealther? OK thats 4, even odds.. Well actually I'd better give you chance - I'll hit the pet!" :D

... and I almost won! :p Bit daft why you hit a (buffed) blue con pet for 30 and he hits you for 80 (with DS) but anyway.

Anyway - 20 losses without reply - I now know how the sorc in Aoln's Sorcy video feels in the search for the holy arrpee. You guys have the two keeps is super - I can /rel, buff up, jump on a boat, rez sick goes as I'm midway up the river, /disembark and the action is easy to find :D

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
You can do whatever you like. But constantly bringing up this 3 years of being underpopulated/zerged/underperformin or whatever is nothing else but plain kindergarden behaviour.
If you look back you can see that neither me nor the grp I ran with enjoyed the last months o OF because of all the mids and nothing to fight.

If you look closely plenty of hibs are saying the same thing plenty of mids said on OF. "Go to another front etc etc". If you didnt like that what makes you think they do?

Would you like for BaF, Mael, BO, SC, GG to all come out at the same time, running in the same area again bringing 40+ random mids that adds on everything? You want to continue the circle?

Eye for an eye or?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
xxManiacxx said:
If you look closely plenty of hibs are saying the same thing plenty of mids said on OF. "Go to another front etc etc". If you didnt like that what makes you think they do?

I did, our guild did. Old emain was a total shithole imo, mebbe not so bad if you didn't have to walk there (ie albs/mids) or running in rr8+ gg and can handle adds/zergs/other ggs. Most nights did a couple of emain runs, got sick of it and went odins/hadrians. If those zones were dead, we had to pull peeps there somehow which normally meant taking a keep or two. Had alot of good fights in odins vs KN, FL, AoD and others.

Thing is if a zone is zergy and peeps farming 2fg+ noobs they love it, good night m8s etc, if it's zergy and and 2fg+ noobs zerging them down, they whine.

Incidently, we took our own advice last night. After getting sick of HW, we took a mid tower and had some fun defending there for a couple of hours. No idea if mids liked it or not (I'm not asking and I don't care :) ) but gave them an alternative to HW anyhow.

Mael, 50th ment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom