Hero spec ?

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Solo hero spec ..wont be using a 2hander ..

50 blades 50 shield 28 parry ? ( prefer this one myself )
50 blades 42 shield 39 parry ? ( not keen on this one ..block rate poo )
50 blades 45 shield 36 parry ? ( ok get tactics but block rate ?)

Im still happy with first one . Mob 4 and aug dex 2 or 3 and that should be very strong . Prefer the block reactionarys to parry ones anyway but was just interested at the 45 shield spec . How much would my block rate be lessened by the 5 shield ?

Any imput ?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
it sems to work quite nicely with the 45 shield from what i heard. Also getting tactics is very nice.
I miss that a lot on solamnus.
s/s and lw have its own advantages against their oponents and its disadvantage against others.
You will notice you have a fair advantage as an lw against dual wielders. Wheareas with s/s you will suffer against them, but do better against lw and shield.
So its what you like to beat easier really:p
I prefer lw since i like to be able to kill casters a bit easier also, and makes for a more versatile solo spec (imo)
I was s/s for a long while though and remember the satisfaction against lw oponetns seeing them being unable to penetrate moblock:p
Gl rons.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
well my old hero was s/s ftw good for pve i prefer high dmg in rvr tho :D

Punishment

Resident Freddy
50 Blades 50 Shield 28 Parry is still my favourite tbh

As parry is calculated before block u will find that u will not block as much as u may like against some targets ...

That being said Parry is a godsend against Dual weilding classes :D

When and if i ever make my Hero a set for solo s/s my RA's @ rr5/6 will be

Purge 2 = 15 points
IP 2 = 15 points
Mob3 = 10 points
Moparry 2 = 4 points
Str 1 = 1 point
Qui 1 = 1 point

Defensive spec ... but thats what s/s is all about ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
tbh mate no matter which one you pick, you will stll parry a hell of a lot due to the way block/parry/evade is calculated. if you want pure sword and board go with the first one.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
50/50/28 would be my choise for a s/s defensive tank.

Personal opinion is you lose so much versatility and almost all your front-loaded damage output by dropping LW or spear.

I love my s/s BM who i use mainly for pve, i wonder, which would be the better defensive tank for rvr? s/s BM, s/s champ or s/s hero?

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Tallen said:
50/50/28 would be my choise for a s/s defensive tank.

Personal opinion is you lose so much versatility and almost all your front-loaded damage output by dropping LW or spear.

I love my s/s BM who i use mainly for pve, i wonder, which would be the better defensive tank for rvr? s/s BM, s/s champ or s/s hero?

think dex is a rising stat for heroes and not bms or champs so heroes but im prolly wrong ..need punishment for that information

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
wrong, dex is 3rd rising stat on hero and champ, 2nd on bm.

ps. means bms got more dex than the other guardian classes, if you didnt pick up on this. but its minimal like 8 dex difference at level 50.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:

with the right RA's and ML(BG) then a Hero would be the best defensive tank, Dashing defence 3, Soildiers Barricade 3, Det 5, 50 shield/parry and rest weapon then u will see loads of block/parry spam when u press Dashing defence :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Well,, seeing as you do say a 'SOLO' hero I would take a high parry spec, aim for modified 50 parry maybe.
42 Shield is just fine for blocking when solo, higher shield specs only really shine when guarding squishys or 3+ opponents. Maybe the last spec is for you as that would be 50 parry allowing a couple of points under skill in your template given that your rr5?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
-Freezingwiz- said:
with the right RA's and ML(BG) then a Hero would be the best defensive tank, Dashing defence 3, Soildiers Barricade 3, Det 5, 50 shield/parry and rest weapon then u will see loads of block/parry spam when u press Dashing defence :)

There are only like 3-5 Heros on cluster rr11+ :D

Lets keep it on topic ... Solo Hero ;)

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
SS kill stuff solo? :eek:

i mean has anybody done it and actually made some good rps in the solo life?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
ofc you can kill stuff with s/s:) One of the good reason to go s/s is cause of all the fotm s/s tanks that are around now. I find myself fighting shield users all the time almost, and defeating a high rr s/s with lw is almost impossible.

You will kill stuff slower...but on other hand you will survive longer against adds, and maybe have the chance to survive until help is inc:p

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
SURVIVABILITY OVER KILLABILITY THO?
sorry for caps cba to re write :(
Solo Hero mean killability surely? but up against a Paladin with end regen and heals can you outdamage a Paladin AND kill him faster?

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
I am now specced 50 CS, 34 blade, 42 shield, 20 parry, and atm I belive thats the best spec tbh, well CS could aswell be LW ofcourse.

I was s/s specced from the start until TOA arrived, but after that expansion came out I think that spec became rather pointless.

Elrandhir is specced for running in groups though, in both skills and RA's, can't realy say I would want to run him as only solo either, is no challange tbh if you would spec him for it, duels would be all to easy.

I guess if ur only goin to solo that you can spec 50 1h, 28 parry, 50 shield, but if you want to play in groups also, then that spec is crap atm tbh.

I wouldent use S/S spec for soloing either though, it's just all to boring imo.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Craft said:
SURVIVABILITY OVER KILLABILITY THO?
sorry for caps cba to re write :(
Solo Hero mean killability surely? but up against a Paladin with end regen and heals can you outdamage a Paladin AND kill him faster?
as 50 LW 42 shield 39 parry its pretty even vs the RR8+ pallys, win 99% of the time vs the rest, though 1 or 2 were hard fights

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
if my crazy midget hero ever get to lvl 50 he will be 50 shield, 42 parry 39 weapon :p

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
if my crazy midget hero ever get to lvl 50 he will be 50 shield, 42 parry 39 weapon :p

Will probably be very good defence 1 vs 1, for other things he will suck though.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
Will probably be very good defence 1 vs 1, for other things he will suck though.

yep was just gonna be some fooling around, maybe even kill something if I'm lucky I don't really mind if the char is gimped if I have fun ;p and I'm sure with a decent template he won't take much dmg :)
- and he was for soloing :p

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Solo duelling hero ...

ok pictar da seeeen ..

im 50 shield 50lw rest blade or something gimp like that ..

I whip out my bad boi shield and i swing and miss with my poo blade skill ... he bashs the shit out of me with my low parry ..i finally get a slam off and pull out my UBER lARge NEw graFics Weaponz and he purge 2's and im back to shield again ..

and before you say large weapon and parry as the spec ..thats better suited for champs ( i think ) s/s is the way to go for me . Im going to get steamypoo rolled when it comes to more than one enemy ..and yea if a guy decides to run away during the fight ..chances of me killing him are this many <--> which is also pants but for the few good fights i get against tanks that stick around to the end ..hopefully it will balance out and make it a bit of fun ..

if not fuck it ..its just another one of my projects shelved ( remember the final scene in Indiana Jones and the Lost arc ? that was my nightshade stuck in the box in the warehouse )

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Ronso: Whos dealing with my shelved nightshade ?
Admin: Top people ...
Ronso: What PeoplZ?
Admin: TopS peoplezzzz !
Ronso: Wadafak :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
slam is not related to 1h WS, its related to your shield "ws"

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ronso said:
Ronso: Whos dealing with my shelved nightshade ?
Admin: Top people ...
Ronso: What PeoplZ?
Admin: TopS peoplezzzz !
Ronso: Wadafak :(

Hmm hows that no env spec going for ya ?:p

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
slam is not related to 1h WS, its related to your shield "ws"

Im completely aware of that ..I wasnt saying that I wouldnt hit the slam due to blade..its due to enemies having high shield / dex / quick/ parry / evade etc

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
sacre put up alot more of a challenge when he was lw/shield, now if he lands slam i know he aint got the dps to kill me :D <3

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Commandment said:
sacre put up alot more of a challenge when he was lw/shield, now if he lands slam i know he aint got the dps to kill me :D <3

S/S is the spec of boredom tbh, it's so much more fun being able to switch to LW/CS and do really nice damage.

Had Elrandhir S/S specced from the time I started playing the game until TOA came, and I don't miss it atall, still pre TOA it was a really good Spec though, for groups that is, I would never spec my hero for solo matters only.

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
S/S is the spec of boredom tbh, it's so much more fun being able to switch to LW/CS and do really nice damage.

Had Elrandhir S/S specced from the time I started playing the game until TOA came, and I don't miss it atall, still pre TOA it was a really good Spec though, for groups that is, I would never spec my hero for solo matters only.

yea, even playing merc, if you wait for the reflection/stun and blow BS can drop SS heros easy.. by ss heros i mean sacre :x but when he landed slam and purge was down, i got a liddul bit nervous.... :touch: that was when he was lw tho :eek:

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Dont get me wrong .. lw is the rocks ..hittin the annihalation is the rox but you rely 2 much on slam with that 42 shield spec. you slam they purge ..then what ? pull back out your shield and realise you have midget points in blade and a) cant land a style or b) do but it hits for poo ..

has anyone tried 50 parry 50 lw/spear ?

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
RR9l1 with S/S Spec. Not everything solo but it WAS viable back then. Now with ToA, reworked classes,RA's, etc i would say the S/S spec (50/50/28) is the worst you can do now if you want to solo.

I wanted to reach rr10 with that spec but it is just gay now. I respeced to LW now and i played S/S since the beta.That means something. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom