Question about Hero spec

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
After some opinions on spec for a hero for both group and solo play.

Seriously considering 50/50/28 sword n board/parry spec, but a bit loath to drop the high damage output of LW/spear.

Wondering what solo and group playing hero's think of current ways to spec in modern rvr?

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
50LW/35Parry/42-45Shield is the way to go imo

Never used sword&board in RvR really, but I bet you'd get frustrated at the lack of damage output at some point.

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I run 50 blade 50 shield 28 parry on hero. great in pve, not so good in rvr but hero is not good in rvr whatever spec

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
deffo 50 LW if you wanna do fg rvr as most ppl with a bit of sanity left will take warden over s/s hero :D

42 shield is a must also but everything else above is wasted tbh

39 parry since you wanna solo is quiet nice to have

rest (6) in blade shouldnt hurt you since you not gonna use 1h anyways.

solo you wont last aslong as s/s specced heavy tanks ofc but with the 2h dps and decent parry you shouldnt have problems to take out most stealthers and thats what you will fight most of the time when solo.

in group you need 42 shield for slam
no slam = baaad in fg rvr

its not perfect since solo and group hero spec kinda differ alot but its best hybrid spec imo. your bigger problem will be the choice of RA´s tho. group hero needs sob3, p2, det4.
solo hero= p3, ip2 (absolutaly must on all solo classes tbh) high mop and some aug str help also, maybe some MoParry aswell.

so either have mucho ra respecs or find some okish spec for both playstyles.

next problem is ML spec: warlord is rly good for soloing but you´ll have a hard time finding groups.

also template is a bit tricky as you will use 2h and prolly wont be warlord you should rly get WH atleast to decrease dmg done to you some. WH is fackin hard to fit into a good group hero template.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Tetley said:
but hero is not good in rvr whatever spec

now thats just bullshit :d

hero aint fotm ye but if you know how to play it and have proper spec/template it can be a good class in rvr.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
50 shield/50 blade/28 parry and i do well in rvr solo, and i enjoy it also. I win more than i lose, ofc it can come down to what ra's are up at the time but i guess thats the same for most classes.

As far as grp play, i seem to do ok there also, depends what the grp wants from you. More suited to assisting and interupting with that spec though.

Mob3 mop2 ip2 purge2 toughnes 2 an a few in augs etc and nobody kills me easily.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Perf said:
50 shield/50 blade/28 parry and i do well in rvr solo, and i enjoy it also. I win more than i lose, ofc it can come down to what ra's are up at the time but i guess thats the same for most classes.

As far as grp play, i seem to do ok there also, depends what the grp wants from you. More suited to assisting and interupting with that spec though.

Mob3 mop2 ip2 purge2 toughnes 2 an a few in augs etc and nobody kills me easily.

I won't EVER get u in a group with that ras spec tbh xD

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
I won't EVER get u in a group with that ras spec tbh xD

Second that ;D no somewhat okay RvR groups would ever want a hero with, haveing an RA spec like that :p

Ljuvasara

Fledgling Freddie
What was so wrong with 45 shield? Doesn't that give Heroes that 'oh-shit, time for defense'-ability? And I definately second that for groupstyle play you will need some Determination (no use going below det3 at all, det4 is a good middle and det5 is very expensive) and atleast Purge2, then you can worry about damage and defense.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Elrandhir said:
Second that ;D no somewhat okay RvR groups would ever want a hero with, haveing an RA spec like that :p

well i dont look for groups tbh. So it dont matter :) I like playing solo, if i play in a grp then its either a guild grp or just some pug, who want a tank.

No skin off my nose.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Perf said:
well i dont look for groups tbh. So it dont matter :) I like playing solo, if i play in a grp then its either a guild grp or just some pug, who want a tank.

No skin off my nose.

He asked for a spec viable for both solo and group RvR tho? ^^

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Gahn said:
He asked for a spec viable for both solo and group RvR tho? ^^

he also seriously considering 50 shield spec.
just letting him know it can work. More so in solo than grp play i agree.

I'm sure set groups would want a hero with a spec more suited to that playstyle.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers for all the good advice guys, still no closer to deciding on a spec yet, but it's food for thought :)

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Ljuvasara said:
What was so wrong with 45 shield? Doesn't that give Heroes that 'oh-shit, time for defense'-ability? And I definately second that for groupstyle play you will need some Determination (no use going below det3 at all, det4 is a good middle and det5 is very expensive) and atleast Purge2, then you can worry about damage and defense.

If to have any chance of playing fg RvR you want to Have min DET IV and SB3, when you have that I guess you could spend points more freely.

I have DET IV, SB3, MoP 3, aug str 2, Longwind 1 and AoM 1 atm.

S/S spec is really crap imo, guess it's okay for solo though, but damn that spec is boring.

Spec on my hero is 50 CS, 42 shield, 34 blades and 20 parry, not that Im saying there isent better once, but I like it.

I also prefer Warlord on Hero over Battlemaster as we have always had a Warden Battlemaster with when running groups and it have worked great, Warlord is also much better if you want to solo now and then.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Cheers for all the good advice guys, still no closer to deciding on a spec yet, but it's food for thought :)

i got 50 LW 42 shield 39 parry and 6 blades works fine for solo + grp i love my little Luwi hero best charc i think i had... since i closed me accs :p

Glowyn

One of Freddy's beloved
well

well i have tryed most specs talked about on this post and to be honest i find 50 shield 4? + ?? = 51 combind blade and like 37 parry the way to go for solo
and would go 42 shield 50LW/SC 26 blade rest parry awaysome for groups :) hope i could help alittle =)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
if you wnat to go s/s best go 50 crush 45 shield 36 (think it is) parry. awsome styles in crush line for solo.

Glowyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Raven said:
if you wnat to go s/s best go 50 crush 45 shield 36 (think it is) parry. awsome styles in crush line for solo.

well i thing it is a nice spec but then again i find slash alittle better nearly all armor types are natural or vornable to it in alb and mid and the slash side style hurt alot... and the 10 sek stun from crush is saved if u got 50 shield then u use brutalize witch is easy to get on if u practice alittle and then at higher rr get FA 2 whet a 3 min recast timer have had some duels were i have used it 2-3 times and won.. :)

Glowyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Tetley said:
I run 50 blade 50 shield 28 parry on hero. great in pve, not so good in rvr but hero is not good in rvr whatever spec

Well there matey u REALLY wrong BG DET5 Aoe mezz/root remove Highest HITS whet 20sek magic ressist BOOST on a tank in hib and a walking slam bot dont thing u can get a much better player for group i personly thing all classes are good for pve/rvr all about the player behind the toon fx. meny ppl dont run whet vamp/valewalker/animist and i thing its a shame those are some pretty high utility player if u find a person that can play em well

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
For spec you should go for 42 shield, 50 lw/spear, 6 blades, rest parry.

Pure s/s is useless for a group hero. It's like a warden but worse basicly, the spot between hero/warden is close enough between the two, just preferance what the group wants more, but a s/s hero wouldnt fit in any case.

You will definately need slam, I wouldn't group anyone without slam, and dont forget shield swipe at 41 shield spec for Zo pets. You might wanna spec 45 shield for tactics if you like it but thats not a requirement like slam.

LW/spear is just your personal taste, I've been LW from 0 rp's to 6 million rp's on my hero, but if I played it again I might test spear because spammable backsnare is great and the sidechain is nice, however Annihilation is great aswell in LW and you get 2 damage types (arguably worse than thurst damage though). And with slam you wont miss annihilation _that_ much.

As for RA spec, if you are in the lower range of RR's, aim for purge2, det4 first, forget all about passive damage ra's (mopain, aug str) until rr8+.

First RA's to pick would be det5, purge2-3, soldier's barricade 3.

You really cant have both good group RA's and good solo RA's, as determination is quite useless in solo but a must have for group play. But if I wanted to do both with my hero I would still spec det5, why? Because not having it would hurt my group more in group combat than I would gain from speccing something else in solo rvr.

klasa

Loyal Freddie
I find this thread interesteing but can you please explain why you need both Determination 5 and Purge 2.

Personally I'm a strong advocate for determination 5 but see that alot you you guys thinks that determination 4 is enough, why? If you get a single target root you can be standing there for a very long time without any ranged interupts. Am I missing something?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
klasa said:
I find this thread interesteing but can you please explain why you need both Determination 5 and Purge 2.

Det5 for normal CC like roots and mezzes, Purge 2 when you get slammed and assist nuked down ;]

ps.
<@frs> my first constructive post on FH for years

klasa

Loyal Freddie
Eleasias said:
Det5 for normal CC like roots and mezzes, Purge 2 when you get slammed and assist nuked down ;]

ps.
<@frs> my first constructive post on FH for years

Makes sense, even get why you need purge 2 :D

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
klasa said:

You don't in a good group DET IV is enough tbh, the bard will demezz you if he is free, and you can spend points on other things, sure I suppose DET 5 is good, but you don't need p2 ontop of that.

Not playing so often right now, but when I was with guild I had no problems atall, and my hero has DET IV, SB3, MoP 3, LW 1, AoM 1 as I wrote earlier.

Takeing Purge 2 ontop of if you already have DET 5 is a waste of points imo, but sure if you have SB3 also I suppose it dosent matter that much, but Il rather be able to do some more damage then to be able to purge once every 15 minutes.

And if you as a main tank is dead the whole group is usually so also, not smart if they waste time on the main tank before others tbh ;D

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Elrandhir said:
You don't in a good group DET IV is enough tbh, the bard will demezz you if he is free, and you can spend points on other things, sure I suppose DET 5 is good, but you don't need p2 ontop of that.

Not playing so often right now, but when I was with guild I had no problems atall, and my hero has DET IV, SB3, MoP 3, LW 1, AoM 1 as I wrote earlier.

Takeing Purge 2 ontop of if you already have DET 5 is a waste of points imo, but sure if you have SB3 also I suppose it dosent matter that much, but Il rather be able to do some more damage then to be able to purge once every 15 minutes.

Our midgard group would kill you 3 seconds flat. Proper debuffer+assist nuker+slammer teamwork will kill anything insta unless they have purge2.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
Our midgard group would kill you 3 seconds flat. Proper debuffer+assist nuker+slammer teamwork will kill anything insta unless they have purge2.

Well as I said, there was never a problem when I played, noone killed me first thats for sure, if they can or not is one thing, if they go for the Tank that has loads of abils to keep him up first isent that smart tbh.

And noone has killed me in 3 seconds when I have been doing group RvR ;D

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Elrandhir said:
Well as I said, there was never a problem when I played, noone killed me first thats for sure, if they can or not is one thing, if they go for the Tank that has loads of abils to keep him up first isent that smart tbh.

And noone has killed me in 3 seconds when I have been doing group RvR ;D
If you are the closest target you will get slammed, debuffed and nuked down, thats for sure :).

And second point, that's cause you werent facing the mighty Moriendi+Grawen(played by mamba)+Waddle trio! :p

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
If you are the closest target you will get slammed, debuffed and nuked down, thats for sure :).

And second point, that's cause you werent facing the mighty Moriendi+Grawen(played by mamba)+Waddle trio! :p

so you mean that they go for the main Tank first, smart bunch :p

An yes I have met them few times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom