Help a thick person

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I think my website is ok-ish, but I can't get one page in particular to work properly:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tom.jeffs4/Audiofiles.htm

I can't get that first link to be like the others, nice and gray with that bar at the side. It just looks blue and stupid.

Also, is there a way to stop the hyperlink text from wrapping? It looks silly.

If you can help, I can send you all the files that control the styles and things. I got the template from the interweb somewhere.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Two changes are needed:
AudioFiles.htm:
Change the <div id="left"> to:
Code:
<div id="left">
<h1>Audio files</h1>
<ul>
<li><a href="ginettatunnel.wma">Ginetta through tunnel </a>

Recorded from a chase car following a Ginetta as it accelerated through a concrete tunnel.</li>

<li><a href="urban%20wildlife%20sounds.wma">Urban Wildlife </a>

Recorded just outside woods in Cheshire, located just a few miles from a motorway.</li>

<li><a href="jet%20landing%20directly%20overhead%201.wma">Jet landing directly overhead 1 </a>

Recorded from the approach to Manchester Airport</li>

<li><a href="jet%20landing%20directly%20overhead%202.wma">Jet landing directly overhead 2 </a>

As above, different jet.</li>

<li><a href="jet%20taking%20off%20left%20to%20right.wma">Jet taking off </a>

Recorded about ½ a mile away from the end of the runway, to one side</li>
</ul>

</div>

Change gm.css to the contents of the attached gm.txt file

Oh, and in all your pages, change
Code:
<body onload="window.defaultStatus='Gordonmac.com.'">
to
Code:
<body>
we don't want to make it obvious where you stole it from ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Brilliant mate, thanks :)

I left the Gordon chap in as it was a free template from the web and that was one of the conditions :)

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Ah I see, can you alter it to say: 'Template used with permission from gordonmac.com'? that would make more sense IMO.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
JingleBells said:
Ah I see, can you alter it to say: 'Template used with permission from gordonmac.com'? that would make more sense IMO.

Even then that line in the BODY isn't important; it's the copyright credit at the base that matters. That script in the body is just used to set the status bar text, a feature that's increasingly disabled by default, I believe (not least in Firefox).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Nah, its just a part of the template I was asked not to mess around with, so if thats the way the designer wanted it, then thats the way it is :)

I added another sound, the fireplace in my living room. I'm going to build a little library of sounds in there :)

Cat purring is the next one, I just have to catch my cats in a good mood :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom