Games Halo: Reach

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah, either you do nothing but play Halo, or the game is too short.

I'll go for the latter.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
This is Aada, going by his previous form, he got the game at midnight, went to work in the morning, came home in the afternoon, booked today off work and play it through the night.

Aada

Part of the furniture
This is Aada, going by his previous form, he got the game at midnight, went to work in the morning, came home in the afternoon, booked today off work and play it through the night.

I didn't get the game till about 3pm yesterday actually and Wednesday is my normal day off great for Tuesday releases eh?

I don't play Halo much at all infact i suck arse it to be fair.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Also Deebs, what do you mean by played in anger?

Basically is a figure of speech, doing something in anger = doing some with passion, ie giving it a real good go at.

Make sense?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Basically is a figure of speech, doing something in anger = doing some with passion, ie giving it a real good go at.

Make sense?
Ah reet, never heard that before in my life. But yes, I've very much been doing that :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Never doing something in anger, that just sounds like you're really pissed off with something.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
thats seems very odd to me, you hear the line in songs, sports media and preety much any thing really

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Selling well enough, as taken from gamesindustry.biz

Reach generates $200 million in day-one sales

Microsoft has revealed that Halo: Reach generated $200 million in day-one sales.

The game, which was released earlier this week, earned more money than "any entertainment launch in 2010," according to Microsoft's Phil Spencer, speaking today at the company's keynote speech during the Tokyo Game Show.

The game has also surpassed the all-time record for simultaneous players on Xbox Live.

The critically acclaimed game has a Metacritic score of 92% and is expected to top charts at the end of the week. It is the last game in the series to be developed by independent studio Bungie.

However, there has been some controversy, with users of the 4GB Xbox 360 S unable to play certain multiplayer features, a problem that Microsoft said it is currently addressing.

Spencer also said that the Xbox 360 console was the best-selling home hardware in Europe and has enjoyed three consecutive months of growth in the US.

A live text of Microsoft's keynote speech at TGS can be read on our sister site, Eurogamer.net.

UPDATE: Meanwhile UKIE has revealed that the game sold an estimated 300,000 units in the first 24 hours on sale, already putting it at number ten in the best ever weekly sales chart for an individual title in the UK - leading the organisation to predict a boom this Christmas for the industry.

"This is excellent news for the videogames and interactive entertainment industry, demonstrating how games sales continue to increase despite difficult economic circumstances," said Michael Rawlinson, director general of UKIE.

"With one in every three people classifying themselves as gamers, and with over half of UK households containing at least one videogames console, the UK videogames market is in great shape for the future."

Before Halo: Reach the franchise had sold around 3.7 million units in the UK, for a total nation-wide revenue figure of just under £110 million.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I'm enjoying the campaign, but taking it slowly. There is much more drama and better storytelling in the scripting than in previous Halo's, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all spins out.

The slow-down when there are lots of characters on the screen at the same time is quite noticable though, particularly when there are dramatic backdrops to the fights. Also the AI on the computer driven wart hogs is horrible, and they seem even worse to drive than previous Halo's.

I'm liking the new options to configure your armour in both single and multiplayer, but despite that fact I still think the customisation options in multiplayer fall way behind Call of Duty.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
multiplayer is a bit of a let down imo, i enjoyed the carnage of halo 3's mp, but this seems a bit boring.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
That's because at its core, Halo is a bland, rubbish shooter.

Multiplayer should be the best aspect of any good traditional shooter (e.g. ones without RPG elements etc). Take a look at all the great shooters - Quake, UT, CS etc. Shit multiplayers but awesome multiplayers.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well sure, if you prefer multiplayer to single player then games that are awesome multiplayer will be better in your eyes. Personally I always prefer a single player because you can always rely on other people to ruin a nice multiplayer experience.

You're right about Halo though, fundamentally an utterly average FPS.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
No wonder you think Reach is shit Waz, you expect the multiplayer to be shit and awesome.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i'm normally quite a fan of halo, but this one seems to have ruined the series for me. Lagg cos of too much happening in a game, really fucking useless AI worse than normal.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
i'm normally quite a fan of halo, but this one seems to have ruined the series for me. Lagg cos of too much happening in a game, really fucking useless AI worse than normal.
That's what's completely ruined some aspects of it for me aswell, trying to do Firefight of Campaign over Live is a fucking nightmare. Slayer etc runs like a dream though.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
just been playing through campaign again in legendary solo, laggfest on some parts.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
think i'm gonna trade it back in, cos this is really just a shit game. Should be either good solo or good multi, not crap at both.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
think i'm gonna trade it back in, cos this is really just a shit game. Should be either good solo or good multi, not crap at both.

I think you have it wrong tbh.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Well sure, if you prefer multiplayer to single player then games that are awesome multiplayer will be better in your eyes. Personally I always prefer a single player because you can always rely on other people to ruin a nice multiplayer experience.

You're right about Halo though, fundamentally an utterly average FPS.

No, these days I prefer single player games. But all good shooters are also good multiplayers. There aren't many good shooters with good single player and the main reason for that is the limitations of AI: to make something hardcore that is fundamentally brilliant relies on a highly competitive environment, and AI bots simply don't have the intelligence or processing power available to them to provide a good enough challenge.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
A good story can fill that void well though Wazz, and that's the way devs should be going to make a good sp.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Take a look at all the great shooters - Quake, UT, CS etc. Shit multiplayers but awesome multiplayers.
This right here is fail. This is why HMRC picks on you ;)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
No, these days I prefer single player games. But all good shooters are also good multiplayers.

I disagree, and at some point I'll give some thought to it and come up with examples. Not now though, you'll have to take my word for it that you're completely wrong.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm looking forward to it.

There's no good single player shooter that is a 'hardcore' shooter in that it doesn't take RPG elements etc. I'd love to be proved wrong.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Voyager - Elite Force springs to mind, more thought is required though.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Are you saying Elite Force was good?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'm saying it was good. Because it was. I even played through it again not so long ago and I still found it entertaining :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom