Games Halo: Reach

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno, he didn't move them so much as make them very narrow to start with. Still, HL2 is all I need to prove that good hardcore SP shooters don't always have good MP.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The truth is somewhere in the middle, the best games have tended to have good MP as well, that's what makes them so well received. Some games focus on purely MP or purely SP, but have the other added as a poor afterthought, these tend to not sell so well these days.

It's quite strange to have a game without any MP element these days, HL is a big exception.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Well, was going to buy it for this weekend but a few of these posts (especially the last) stopped me! Anyone actually think it's worth forking out the £40ish? Friends making me feel like I'm missing out (or should I just go out and buy MW2)...

MW2 is the better game, even if the single player storyline is so stupid it actually kills brain cells. But you might be best waiting for the new Call of Duty which is out soon.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No he won't Turamber, Black Ops is an odd numbered title in the series and as such, not developed by infinity ward. They just are not the same.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not really seeing anything that's great 'hardcore' FPS where single player is great and MP is poop.

Max Payne isn't an FPS, so that doesn't count.
Serious Sam's co-op is bloody great.
Left 4 Dead are basically multiplayer games.

No idea what painkiller is though. At the moment, my point still stands I think.
left 4 dead isn't just multiplayer though?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
No he won't Turamber, Black Ops is an odd numbered title in the series and as such, not developed by infinity ward. They just are not the same.

Developed by Treyarch and they have a reasonable history. Plus they're being very decent with the PC version of Black Ops with respect to dedicated servers, RCON controls etc, so they're winsauce in my eyes.

Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
MW2 is the better game, even if the single player storyline is so stupid it actually kills brain cells. But you might be best waiting for the new Call of Duty which is out soon.

May well try it - not massively into MP on xbox though as I can't keep up with the fellas, not really a dab hand with the controller (yet), PC is another matter though! But it's dated now and I can't justify upgrading when I have to play Father Christmas for two little boys soon. Still like SoF myself...well at least it runs on my machine!

Most I've played on the 360 shooter-wise (well, sort of shooter, at least you use a gun anyway) is Borderlands and Bioshock, Mass Effect and a little GoW. At the mention of HL2 I just grabbed a copy of orange box for xbox, will see how I manage, good practise I suppose for keeping up with the 'proper' xbox gamers!

Turamber

Part of the furniture

Urgh, really? Well thats me disappointed :(

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Been playing this a lot actually. I'm having as much fun with SWAT online, as I do with BC2. So much for all the GT5 fanboys calling it overrated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom