Games Halo: Reach

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Is anyone getting excited at this latest installment of Halo? I must say the videos I have seen have got me wanting this game...

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Probably not as the good lad Davey normally picks up every Halo title under the sun.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't know, I quite liked reading Halo: The Fall of Reach. Lots of history about how the Spartans, Cortana etc came to be.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Not that excited, but probably buy eventually, not a must have. Did enjoy the book though.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I don't know, I quite liked reading Halo: The Fall of Reach. Lots of history about how the Spartans, Cortana etc came to be.

That is what the game is missing imo, plenty of backstory. Will have a look into the books once I get a chance, have 11 other books to get through first though. :D

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i haven't really read much about this, but what is this one based about? Advert really doesn't tell you much :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Quite looking forward to it tbh, the beta was good fun.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
never liked halo .. all rather boring to me really so the history isnt much of a sell

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I bought Halo 3 for £3.99 second hand a week or two ago. Holy smokes, how can such a popular game be so horrendously boring?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Halo games are the epitome of bland, generic shooters. Sadly.

Oh god the Sony fanbois have arrived i'm sure ST will pop his ugly cock in at some point.

If it was on the PS3 you'd love it.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Oh god the Sony fanbois have arrived i'm sure ST will pop his ugly cock in at some point.

What's my excuse for finding it shit? I've never owned any of the playstations. Is it possible that the game is actually just utterly shit? If it was on PC you'd hate it as you'd lose the blinkers and realise that the only thing going for Halo is the soundtrack.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i like it, simple yet effective. If everyone liked the same thing then the world would be kinda boring.

Aada

Part of the furniture
What's my excuse for finding it shit? I've never owned any of the playstations. Is it possible that the game is actually just utterly shit? If it was on PC you'd hate it as you'd lose the blinkers and realise that the only thing going for Halo is the soundtrack.

Your an exception.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
To a rule of people who like very boring games?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I do think people like to exaggerate their hatred towards popular things, especially ones with such a '15 year old boy' playerbase. Halo being a prime example, sure it's not the God send some people claim it to be, but it's pretty good fun to just chill down with it and play through with a few mates. Even the multiplayer, simple, but it works.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I do think people like to exaggerate their hatred towards popular things, especially ones with such a '15 year old boy' playerbase. Halo being a prime example, sure it's not the God send some people claim it to be, but it's pretty good fun to just chill down with it and play through with a few mates. Even the multiplayer, simple, but it works.
I agree in principle but I bought the game expecting nothing but a quite fun fps with good music. After all, I paid about 4 quid for it so hard to be disappointed with that. Nevertheless, having played it for about an hour in total I'm amazed at just how dull it is. It doesn't even look that much better than 2.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I agree in principle but I bought the game expecting nothing but a quite fun fps with good music. After all, I paid about 4 quid for it so hard to be disappointed with that. Nevertheless, having played it for about an hour in total I'm amazed at just how dull it is. It doesn't even look that much better than 2.

Halo 3 was nowhere near such an advance as 2 was over 1. Halo: Reach is using a new engine though so you never know.

I like the music and I love the sci-fi aspect of it and how the Human Race is getting it's arsed kick all the time.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Halo : Reach (around)...?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Halo 3 was nowhere near such an advance as 2 was over 1. Halo: Reach is using a new engine though so you never know.

I like the music and I love the sci-fi aspect of it and how the Human Race is getting it's arsed kick all the time.

Fair enough, I'll give the demo a bash if one is available and buy it at £10 when it comes down to that price (2nd hand :D), assuming it's not turrrrrrrd.

Out of interest, what the hell is ODST?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fair enough, I'll give the demo a bash if one is available and buy it at £10 when it comes down to that price (2nd hand :D), assuming it's not turrrrrrrd.

Out of interest, what the hell is ODST?

ODST is based around Orbital Drop Shop Troopers. In the game you play the role of 4 (I think) characters who were dropped onto a Covenant ship that jumped to hyperspace after infiltrating New Mombasa on Earth. It's very different from the Halo series and I firmly believe it was just a filler game.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
ODST is based around Orbital Drop Shop Troopers. In the game you play the role of 4 (I think) characters who were dropped onto a Covenant ship that jumped to hyperspace after infiltrating New Mombasa on Earth. It's very different from the Halo series and I firmly believe it was just a filler game.
100% filler. Clocked it with Dave in under 6 hours just pissing about not taking it properly. It's very much "oh look, they died" then what happens next goes back in time before bringing you up to the point you discovered they were dead... all for no real reason.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

No, I don't play shooters on consoles. I played Halo 1 on PC and it was truly god awful. Fiddled with the others on Xbox, and as someone that pretty much only plays shooters and comes froma background of pretty much only shooters, I can safely say that up until now they have been bland, generic pap.

The format it appears on is totally irrelevant to the quality of the game, but seeing as you're so biased, you can't even realise that.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
the advert makes it look great, but it's jsut another Halo game, more average fps fluff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom