h2h savages

D

dakeyras

My mainhand damage cap using Clans Call with Dreaded Frostbound Fang on level 1 mob is 495

With str relics my mainhand damage gained around 100-110 (I'll know more accurately once I have parsed the logs tonight)

Going from 100 to 210 is not far off a increase of 20% of my cap damage.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by dakeyras
My mainhand damage cap using Clans Call with Dreaded Frostbound Fang on level 1 mob is 495

With str relics my mainhand damage gained around 100-110 (I'll know more accurately once I have parsed the logs tonight)

Going from 100 to 210 is not far off a increase of 20% of my cap damage.

main hand damage and off hand is on the same scale unless you are using a faster weapon in off hand, which i dont really see the need for as you usually cap speed anyway:p.

So your off hand is 50 to 100 which is 100% increase and I thought relics just boosted your damage and i am not sure if it actually boosts your cap, but it might. I atleast expected it to just do damage calced * 1.2(for having all 3 relics). But it does damage done *2 apparently for you? And the difference between off hand and main hand is your style bonus, atleast if you are using the same weapon (which most savages do). So your style bonus also increased from 50 to 110 which is 120% increase:p.

Otherwise just explain how 100 to 210 is 20% increase?

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by parzi
clueless whines like this < facts in form of logs from rvr...

anyone who met one in rvr slaying your support in 3 secs while he evade every slam/anni you do is teh :bore: -> 11% quadrate... 25% evaderate vs enemy players last night (yes evadebuff was up, its on all of my qb's, haste dps evade always running, yes i got sc everything capped etc so dont try to find something like that)...

i'll better post it again, i agree that savages are a bit too good :p but just fo with such stupid posts, i do expect things like this from some warderzergalbs, but not from experienced playes like you...

giv logs of 90% evade rate , as i only know such things from vnboards and lately also from bw which seems to turn into vnboardofstupidwhiners2... i post a log ? oh noone cares... ppl like to QQ more and just ignore the log :p

p.s. as said above i didnt post the whole log ofc it includes grp/gu chat etc, but i sent the original file to novamir so that he can check if i just invented the numbers :p

i dont understand what you are saying. i think savages are overpowered. you think savages are "a bit too good:p". then you tell me to fo with such posts? ofc savages dont evade every slam/anni but if they do evade 3, your support guy is dead. (dualweild vs guard etc)

Originally posted by belth
Ah, eBay equals experience. Gotta remember that :rolleyes:

haha, got owned too much have we? ;)

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by driwen
main hand damage and off hand is on the same scale unless you are using a faster weapon in off hand, which i dont really see the need for as you usually cap speed anyway:p.

So your off hand is 50 to 100 which is 100% increase and I thought relics just boosted your damage and i am not sure if it actually boosts your cap, but it might. I atleast expected it to just do damage calced * 1.2(for having all 3 relics). But it does damage done *2 apparently for you? And the difference between off hand and main hand is your style bonus, atleast if you are using the same weapon (which most savages do). So your style bonus also increased from 50 to 110 which is 120% increase:p.

Otherwise just explain how 100 to 210 is 20% increase?

I'm just stabbing in the dark here. I have no idea of how the 20% melee bonus is calculated and am looking for answers because I am hitting for alot more (double) than I was before the relics.

It did strike me as odd though that 20% of my capped damage is roughly 100...which is around the increase I have been seeing mainhand.

My offhand has always hit for around 40-50% of my mainhand, except for the 2nd main of a quad. Against Albs I dual-wield Dreaded Frostbound and Icy War Greave (loads Mercs and Clerics primary target) so negligible difference in terms of weapons.

I also thought 20% melee bonus would be along the lines of dmg * 1.2...but doesn't look like it.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by dakeyras
I'm just stabbing in the dark here. I have no idea of how the 20% melee bonus is calculated and am looking for answers

ask professor Pin :D

K

kinag

Btw, savages dont have spells, its abilities, you dont see savages have a mana pool do you?
Savages call for their powers given by the god Kelgor, so no, no spells...

P

poppamies

this thread is dropping to page 2, keep the flame going plz =)

P

parzi

pls cut the savage whine here on bw :(

what do you hope to get from it ? you think it will help getting the savage nerfed ?
go to vn dev boards, and make better and more intelligent posts than the vn board trolls that want ae-slam etc there.

If you are not a savage and need logs to prove something ask me, maybe dmg/time log comparisons or something im in for it, we could also duell a bit if you want to test evade rate or something.

I'm starting to hope a savage nerf that brings us in line with other ligth tanks but not destroys us totally will come soon, as im tired of 5 questions per day what r0xx0rz more, 2h or h2h and if a kobbie savage is viable and if i can sell my epic (sold weeks ago...).
When i started out it was the least played class and noone cared about them, then zerker nerf came in US ...

Hope they'll be nerfed so that fotm players move on, and the ppl who play savages coz its a fun class which rewards ppl for playing smart, i.e. crappy anytime and very good positionals, using the right buffs etc.
Also what kunry mentioned here, the hth style line is very nice, and i think the other light tank style lines whil be made very similar in the next style overhaul from myhic, strong positionals, weak anytime.

just, PLZ DONT WHINE AROUND HERE ABOUT CLASS X BEING OVERPOWERED, NO USE IN IT FFS :p

N

Novamir

savage 3 hits me in 3 seconds on bard today. slash resist armour.

bugged class.

R

Rollie_David

we just fought some NP savages, quite funny, line reverse slam up and its evaded, every hit was evaded with 50+13 thrust :)

B

belth

Also what kunry mentioned here, the hth style line is very nice, and i think the other light tank style lines whil be made very similar in the next style overhaul from myhic, strong positionals, weak anytime.

Yes please!

M

mac_kraakebolle

Originally posted by j0ker
according to this thread

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=53701736&replies=24

reavers >>> savages

I think I've figured out alb tactics, they brag on their boards how uber they are, then pop across to our realm boards and whine about how we pwned them in the hope of getting us nerfed so they can go back to bragging about how uber they are :)

1 on 1 dont reflect mutch of how things goes in rvr!

360 degre 50% evading is royaly overpowered..... Overpowered when people are trying to slam you or snare you to get you of their healers!

H

hiban

Originally posted by Brutalos
U will never stop whining... so pathetic really... i'm really sad for u

Comes from one that has got both a zerker and a savage? are u mr fotm himself? U even TRIED playing any other realm and facing one of the classes ppl whine at? From looking at your post, nopes...

I have met zerkers, bds and savages in rvr... they arent as fun when u have them fighting against u...

N

Novamir

Originally posted by hiban
Comes from one that has got both a zerker and a savage? are u mr fotm himself? U even TRIED playing any other realm and facing one of the classes ppl whine at? From looking at your post, nopes...

I have met zerkers, bds and savages in rvr... they arent as fun when u have them fighting against u...

:clap:

H

hiban

Originally posted by stunned
Ppl wont be happy untill all Mids rerolled Thanes and Skalds.

Mids wouldnt be happy if the other 2 realms got 1 class eatch that evaded/parried their every blow and made more damage that anyone could heal for and hit with capped speed. why should the other 2 realms be happy with zerkers and savages and bds looking like they do? try looking at it from their point of view for once...
Saying savages arent overpowered and needs a look at is utter bs... Playing a savage, and calling other ppl who "whines" at savages and telling them that they are whiners etc, shows that u are either stupid or that u come here just to tell other ppl they are idiots, without any real reason or argument etc.

The real problem with zerkers are the hamspter mode really...(tho they lowered the dmg on their styles instead, and hampser mode still stays the same? correct me if im wrong) same goes with savages selfbuffs... 25% evade, parry, hastebuff dmg add and melee resistance buffs cant be right? can it? (edit: ) add evade 4, advanced evade and tank RAs to that...(end of edit)

This post is for no good really, as the mids that think savages are allright, will read this, and send it straight out through their ears secs after they have read it. Just had to post it anyways :)

J

Jergiot

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2-Handed Savage Friar any 1 ?

Originally posted by noaim
Savages dont have af chant, heal chant, end regen chant, pulsating pbae, insta dot, chain/plate, ranged attacks, ress, heals, concbuffs. To mention a few reasons.

ehh so what? they still use _spells_.

P

parzi

no they use abilitys, like moose for example.

but anyway, why whine here ? you think it will stop anything ? the more you whine the more fotm players roll one imo :p
go to vn pls with that ^^

H

hiban

Originally posted by j0ker
and we have these lovely things at a cost

every time we fire a buff it takes 9% (i think) off our hitpoints

so if I fire off haste, dps buff, evade buff and a damage resist buff, I''ve lost 36% of my hitpoints and you havent even hit me yet

and if halfway thru the fight I feel the need for more end, I can sacrifice yet again more hitpoints for a 1/4 of my end bar back.

and slam gets me every time :(

yeah, takes 9% from your BASE hp... add buffs and stats from armor and stuff to that... and also, it drains the life after the buffs wear off. most of the time u have either won the fight or died by the time the buffs wear off.

J

Jergiot

no they use abilitys, like moose for example.

but anyway, why whine here ? you think it will stop anything ? the more you whine the more fotm players roll one imo :p
go to vn pls with that ^^

im not whining, im just answering him. and no it aint "abilitys" they use. they specc for them ok? that makes it spells/selfbuffs or whatever u wanna call it x[

edit: oh, lol at the zerkers that rerolled to savages and now calling ppl names cause they talk about how overpowered savages are :)

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Jergiot
im not whining, im just answering him. and no it aint "abilitys" they use. they specc for them ok? that makes it spells/selfbuffs or whatever u wanna call it x[

parry is what then? It is an ability, but you can also spec in it? That you need to spec something doesnt mean it somehow isnt an ability and is now a spell ;).

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Novamir

bugged class.

you _are_ aware that a savage can use both thrust and slash ye?

R

Reverant Mezz

nova u goin for teh whiner of year award now?

tryin to compete with glottis? :D

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by driwen
parry is what then? It is an ability, but you can also spec in it? That you need to spec something doesnt mean it somehow isnt an ability and is now a spell ;).

are you still droning on about how savages aren't pure tanks? :m00:

to put it simply:

All pure tanks wear the best armor of their realm.

Not all people that wear the best armor of their realm are pure tanks however.

Pure tanks guard, or do damage. They have no castable abilities, including buffs of any kind, dds, dots, snares, mezzes. This excludes special abilities given by Realm Skills (EX: IP, Purge, Trip, Grapple, etc).

Pure tanks do not have a power bar.

Enough allready :m00:

C

cougar-

ye nerf hth savages etc bla bla.

ps. why does everyone have that monkey-avatar? It starts to annoy me.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by cougar-
ye nerf hth savages etc bla bla.

ps. why does everyone have that monkey-avatar? It starts to annoy me.

agreed, monkey avatar is b0ring.

ps trin: im supecting he meant light-tank, not pure tank, or would you say zerker is a puretank?

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Trinilim
Pure tanks guard, or do damage. They have no castable abilities, including buffs of any kind, dds, dots, snares, mezzes. This excludes special abilities given by Realm Skills (EX: IP, Purge, Trip, Grapple, etc).

Pure tanks do not have a power bar.

savages dont cast anything and they dont have a powerbar besides zerkers/bm's/merc's are tanks (not pure heavy tanks) and dont wear the heaviest armour. And I hadnt said the word pure tanks, but savagery is hardly a real spell.

And if someone brings up the discussion and I see it, I ill try to defend my case.

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Novamir

bugged class.

chanter three hitted me yesterday in 3 secs with 56% heat resist

so what's your point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom