GTA V for PC announced.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yer unfortunately some sites were selling "Steam keys" that were social club keys instead. So we had to deal with a 48kb/s download speed.

I got a social key and it downloaded at max speed.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The Social Club download was fine today, it didn't disconnect once. Last night it was shocking, it wouldn't go for longer than a minute without losing the connection.

Anyway, I've played it quite a bit and it's fantastic. I'm running it at 3440x1440 (I wish the cutscenes didn't crop down to 16:9 but I guess it's understandable that they do for framing reasons) with everything on high and a couple of things on very high with no MSAA and it looks and runs fine. I wish AMD would hurry up and announce the 390X though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Aye, cannot wait for that card. Planning on getting one of them and a 4k monitor as a birthday present to myself in November.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
toht you can play "solo" in MP mode, you can set it to INVITE ONLY, and Friends, Crew, or "any/all"

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
toht you can play "solo" in MP mode, you can set it to INVITE ONLY, and Friends, Crew, or "any/all"
The lounge area can be a pain where people can get a tank and run through killing everyone.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Fucking lol at the cigarette cartoon on Michael's TV!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Oki bought it can't drive for toffee on mouse and keys. You guys using a controller ? So much more feel in the driving with a controller

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
How fucking sexy is the rain in this game? I just got caught in a thunderstorm with Trevor out in the sticks (
before he blows up that trailer park before he goes to Los Santos to find Michael
) and the way the rain falls, the way it hits the ground, the way the lightning reflects in the puddles... Phwoar. Best in-game rain/weather I've ever seen, I reckon.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
How fucking sexy is the rain in this game? I just got caught in a thunderstorm with Trevor out in the sticks (
before he blows up that trailer park before he goes to Los Santos to find Michael
) and the way the rain falls, the way it hits the ground, the way the lightning reflects in the puddles... Phwoar. Best in-game rain/weather I've ever seen, I reckon.
Sure it wasn't just you cumming in the screen ?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
OK I'm convinced will buy now on steam and give it a whirl over the weekend

Mabs

controls are fine except planes, OMG wtf potato. but im shite at flying anyway

re water: go fall in a swimming pool, its brilliant - also the rain on the road puddles, rather than just going darker which is nice

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Keyboard and mouse here, too, like all the other GTAs. I was all over the place on Franklin's first drive and on smaller stuff like the ATV but for all the other stuff it's fine. I just can't imagine not using the mouse to look around and aim/shoot while I'm driving.

I've only flown the one plane so far, it seemed ok. I hear helicopters are an absolute nightmare but they were definitely an acquired skill previously, as I remember (both literally and as you gain more skill points or whatever in the game).

Mabs

this is why i prefer motorbikes at all times ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not had many problems with flying, the choppers are a little fiddly at first but once you get used to the fact they drift a little its fine. Landed one in a car park last night between buildings and trees, was most pleased with myself. Then did Trevor's Hipster rampage mission which gave me an even bigger smile.

Poag

m00?
Lots of my mates have gone with super high performance cars.

Where as I've picked a mini cooper and tweaked the shit out of it. In a straight line or off the mark they'll beat me, but its the best get away car, any ally way or drive becomes an escape route and that thing turns on the spot!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Does the garage clitch work where you can dupe vehicles and share with friends. Son was showing me it on Xbone couple of weeks back. He has every decent vehicle going :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Finally got a chance to play today and am eagerly awaiting the download of this last update. I know what's coming but I can't wait to see it in my face again.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Really enjoying it, although I'm mainly running around killing everything I see.

Is there anyway to do missions with more than just 4 people? I really like the feel of the missions, but I was expecting some bigger size groups for heists and stuff.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I had to tweak this way more than I expected but it's running at a glorious 60fps. Detail and framerate look epic in comparison to the ps3 (obviously) but the jaggies!!! First game in which the jaggies have annoyed me. Might have to reduce gfx further in order to enable MSAA. I don't want to do that.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
So far not a happy experience.

Installed on Tuesday but the game wouldn't start, simply kept hanging going into story mode or benchmark. I decided that the downlo9ad was probably at fault so uninstalled and downloaded the whole thing again. Not had a chance to do much yesterday but finally got it running today. It doesn't look much prettier than GTA IV! To be fair my PC is rather elderly now and my old 5850 card with only 1GB is the problem, so today I've ordered a new card, should arrive tomorrow. At least that should allow me to play at native res 1920x1200, and with a few options turned up from the minimum :)

On the other hand even if it looks a bit shite at the moment the gameplay is fun, I am enjoying it.

RB

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Took me 90 mins last night hehe
I have a 20 Mbps line and that costs the company 50 quid a month. I could upgrade it pay some out of my own pocket but honestly not much need for more here. Not like we have any good legal streaming services in UAE.

Peak download through steam was 2.4 MBps so about as quick as its going to get :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have a 20 Mbps line and that costs the company 50 quid a month. I could upgrade it pay some out of my own pocket but honestly not much need for more here. Not like we have any good legal streaming services in UAE.

Peak download through steam was 2.4 MBps so about as quick as its going to get :)
Awh. I got a 152 mbps. But was doing it over wifi so capped at around 110mbps.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Mr. Biscuit is an annoying cunt.

More so because he has 2 x GTX 980s in SLI.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Awh. I got a 152 mbps. But was doing it over wifi so capped at around 110mbps.
yep one thing I miss about about UK, fast Internet along with walking the dog through the woods. But lifestyle here makes up for it :) Will go to bed and configure it in the morning. Want to see if I can run it at 6k x 1080 in surround.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom