GTA V for PC announced.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yay and stuff!

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news
Grand Theft Auto V will take full advantage of the power of the LolStation®4, XLol Lol and PC with across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail. Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North’s epic reimagining of Southern California.

Grand Theft Auto V for PC will also feature a video editor designed for advanced movie-making.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Excited on the proviso that it isn't an under-optimised peasant port.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Hopefully they've gone all out for the PC version and then reined it in significantly for the peasants.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The PC version will be a lot better , because of the ps4/xb1 running on x86 and similar gpus.
Performance won't be an issue, I just hope we get HQ textures, etc.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's what I want, high res textures along with at least 60fps at 1080

I am sure if they fuck it up someone will mod it like they did with GTA4 but I would prefer it ran properly out of the box.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, let's hope Rockstar don't pull an Ubisoft (watch dogs) when porting it. I'm sure it'll be ok though, Grand Theft Auto 4 turned out alright and that was multi platform.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Gta4 was pretty bad at release though. It took a few patches to get it fixed.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
ah did it? I never picked it up at release, got it a few month after release but it did seem alright.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Played it on ps3 same game prettier gfx so not excited about this

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Problem ofcourse being that on the one hand i now have a rather dull life sim that used to be great fun in GTA, and on the other just plain old balls to the wall fun with saints row (hopefully next soon tm) :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
arp7bjV_700b.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
In celebration of this news I am going to play GTA4 tonight with a couple of mods...looks better than that abortion of a game, watchdogs.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Watchdogs plays ok for me and I am enjoying it but each to their own

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
To be fair I haven't played it all that much and even then on a (shudder) console but it looks like a pile of wank, it wasn't that bad in all fairness but just felt like a bit of a slimmed down GTA with a few gimmicks.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Its not so much that Watch Dogs doesnt play alright Moriath :p its more the case Ubisoft lied out of their arse and skimped out on most of the features + shitty Uplay (its ironic that its called Uplay because the majority of the time Ucantplay)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Its not so much that Watch Dogs doesnt play alright Moriath :p its more the case Ubisoft lied out of their arse and skimped out on most of the features + shitty Uplay (its ironic that its called Uplay because the majority of the time Ucantplay)
I think you over exaggerate on the can't play. Was like that for the first couple of days and it shouldn't have been I know. But ever since I have had no problems.

When you look at gta it is a much higher polish to it but it's had a lot of generations to get there. Watch dogs is new ip and for a first attempt at a open world game I think it's pretty good.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ubisoft should know how to push the hardware by now. It is/was a lazy port from shitty 5 year old tech consoles.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Might upgrade to 4K for this one.
I would wait a few years so that a proper 4K standard is decided on. Seen some setups with two HDMI's going into one screen to make the 4K. Think I'll wait until its one cable for one screen. (and the price drops)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Also graphics card requirement is crazy. I read something about 4k needing 3 titans to run at a respectable framerate (60fps) with current tech. Keeping a firm eye on it but can't see myself dipping in until I upgrade my graphics card next time around, 2-3 years time. The monitors themselves will have dropped a fair amount by then too I imagine. Also maybe even 6k or 8k!

ileks

Part of the furniture
Also graphics card requirement is crazy. I read something about 4k needing 3 titans to run at a respectable framerate (60fps) with current tech. Keeping a firm eye on it but can't see myself dipping in until I upgrade my graphics card next time around, 2-3 years time. The monitors themselves will have dropped a fair amount by then too I imagine. Also maybe even 6k or 8k!

One of the top end next gen cards should be fine. Two if you need 60fps minimum. Remember, you don't need AA at that resolution (on a 28" monitor anyway). Games are quite playable at the moment with a single 290x or top end nvidia card without AA.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
One of the top end next gen cards should be fine. Two if you need 60fps minimum. Remember, you don't need AA at that resolution (on a 28" monitor anyway). Games are quite playable at the moment with a single 290x or top end nvidia card without AA.

You do actually need AA even at 4k, but 2x is actually very good.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I would wait a few years so that a proper 4K standard is decided on. Seen some setups with two HDMI's going into one screen to make the 4K. Think I'll wait until its one cable for one screen. (and the price drops)

It's already here. I have one cable per monitor for my 4k monitors.

"a few years" lol.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

Lol.
If it'll run on an xb1/ps4 it'll run on pc at 4k with reasonable fps.

Should be a good rule of thumb.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Does reasonable = 60-90fps, if not then gtfo.

I'm not interested in gaming in anything less than 60fps.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Tbh you play the same game at ps3 as you do pc or ps4.

I did it ps3.

I'm not gonna cum over gfx these days.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well that's your loss then. I've seen a couple of trailers and whatnot but other than that it will be 100% fresh to me when it comes out on PC. Is nothing to do with wanking over graphics, I just want it to take advantage of my PC's superior power and look fancier because of it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Tbh you play the same game at ps3 as you do pc or ps4.

I did it ps3.

I'm not gonna cum over gfx these days.

Obviously the gameplay has to be good but decent graphics are also important, there is no point playing on a platform that is past it when I don't have to.

And while I am not convinced graphics cards are quite ready for 4k they will be soon, it will take a new generation of consoles to catch up with PCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom