GTA V for PC announced.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bah I'm going to have to ignore this thread until the weekend when I can devote some proper time to it.

There's definitely something to be said for having physical disks, especially if (like me) your internet connection is a bit pants. Just wang them in and install it, I won't have to worry about backing up downloaded files or redownloading.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah had to delete more than I thought. Super modded skyrim went so hopefully I don't get the urge to play that again, took days to get all the working together properly.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So if you have an RGB keyboard you get this.

It seems like there were a few teething problems right after launch but the vast majority of people are playing it with no problems now.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not had any issues myself except the surprise extra disk space requirement.

Actually finding I am using 3rd person for the most part, 1st great for driving.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
the install from discs is epic taking an absolute age!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
so who's multiplayering it ? seems a real fuck-around with options etc

wtb: streamlining

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Don't really see the point in the multiplayer.

Loving the single player, just unlocked Trevor so about as far as I got on peasant power.

Mabs

you probably need friends to "play with friends" , might be a slight drawback :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So I gave up on my pathetic internet connection and went out and bought it. From a shop. The first time I've bought a game in a shop since Red Faction (yes I'm waiting for it to install so I've had a good think about it).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have been playing it all day today. I cannot get over what a good job Rockstar have done here with the PC port, it is absolutely stunning, not just graphically but the sound quality too. The draw distance is phenomenal. Got everything cranked up to maximum at 1080 and I haven't noticed a single bit of pop in, even when flying a plane.

Some of the music is great too, from Queen to Gorillaz to Morcheeba.

Well worth the wait

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What graphics card are you on? I found some benchmark figures (they're in European). Nobody benches 3440x1440 yet though so I have no idea how my 7970 will cope.

(finished installing, now downloading updates...)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
On an AMD 290x but apparently it runs well on lower end cards (not that the 290 is that high end now!)

It does display a scale for how much graphics ram is being used, though I am not sure how much use that is and you can choose to ignore the limit anyway.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Sending my motherboard for RMA. Great timing innit.

Would have been up for multiplayer :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Enjoying it so far. Laughed my head off at some computer shop sign that said "click experts" but looked like "dick experts" (or similar).

I have a GTX 560 and it runs pretty good. I have most options on standard. I may upgrade sometime this summer, I fancy one of those super wide screens.

Poag

m00?
Oddly the game seems to run fine.

But the fucking menus are like 3fps for some reason on my 970. I turned downa couple of the graphics options to see if it would help, got flickering grass, turned them back up, flickering grass went away.

I am most confused!

Last night was a cluster fuck of lag and extreme load times tho in Online.

fwiw i'm UirelUK in the social club....join me in knocking over shops and running down prostitutes as they dont like my dune buggy...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I fancy one of those super wide screens.
I have one of those super wide screens and I'm loving it. I haven't actually managed to play GTA on it yet (I'm having no end of problems grabbing the 5GB update on my shitty internet and it keeps disconnecting from the server :eek:) but I would now actually prefer watching movies on this than my 55" TV. Partly because I'm that much closer to the screen and the extra width makes it that much more immersive and partly because my PC speakers are way better than the soundbar downstairs. Wide movies anyway, not 16:9 so much. I watched Big Hero 6 on it the other day, it looked goddamn beautiful.

Anyway, sort your shit out Rockstar. They should know there will be massive demand on their servers for the first few days. It should surely be like hiring extra shop staff in the run-up to Christmas - get more servers/bandwidth in place just for those first few weeks after launch and then let them go when things calm down. I expect they probably do this already but it's clearly not enough. Unless the Social Club is just a shit piece of software that disconnects all the time. :(

I had to write a little script that keeps an eye on the Social Club window and pauses and then unpauses the download if it disconnects, so it was doing that all night (and it reconnected over 600 times) and it's *still* not done.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I bought it from Steam and it downloaded at full speed with no issues.

Poag

m00?
I bought it from Steam and it downloaded at full speed with no issues.

Yer unfortunately some sites were selling "Steam keys" that were social club keys instead. So we had to deal with a 48kb/s download speed.

Tilda

Oh god this is good.
I downloaded on monday from 9pm and was done by 1am.

Mabs

two of us are currently alternating between playing golf and tennis, cos reasons

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The multiplayer is actually the only reason i'd want this(even if i've heard the single player is worth the money already). But is the multiplayer any good if you don't have friends you play with, and just random it?

(Not that i'll be able to get this before i get some serious upgrade money)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Lol, my PSU and GFX card fans are running so hard the room stinks of hot electronics. It's given me a headache.

Mabs

i turned a lot of the settings down, and its fine on Normal rahter than SUPER MEGA

also i only play mp with people i know Toht, too many russians / retards etc in randoms imo

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
also i only play mp with people i know Toht, too many russians / retards etc in randoms imo

Heh yeah, random has them pitfalls, just wondering what the lobby/join/create thingy works like. Is it just public games you can join/leave etc or.

Dota2 has taught me a very high annoyance tolerance with random folks :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's why I don't really bother with multiplayer games except for wow and even then I pretty much just potter about on my own and raid with guildies.

I don't like having to interact with morons and I like to do my own thing most of the time. I don't like having to do what the group decides, I like to do what I decide, plus all my rl friends are either peasants or don't game.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i like to keep my mp to pure mp games myself most the time, like LFD and dota. You know exactly what you're getting into and don't have a need for "at my pace" storywise or some such.

I don't even like to play borderlands with people because i'm a lore/lootwhore :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom