GTA V for PC announced.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I have no problem re-buying a game on a vastly superior system. If it is a game of gta's quality.
Agreed. There were also quite a few missions where a completely different approach can be taken.

I've watched plenty of movies more than once, I don't see this as being any different.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've watched plenty of movies more than once, I don't see this as being any different.
It'll be like watching a shitty VHS and then the glorious Blu-ray of the same movie. Aka wonderful.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Pretty much the difference these days. Console 30fps desperation vs PC master class. Why would you bother seeing art in anything less than PC?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Pre-loaded and Tuesday booked off work.

I had read somewhere that you could convert old save games but I think it would be much better to start fresh, as part of the pre-purchase on Steam you get a bit of money anyway and it will be nice to do some of the early missions in 60fps 1080 glory.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Why GTA 5 PC is the definitive version of Rockstar's epic

The box:
R6fQkLm.jpg

The insides:
t8-kOjOD_DY.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeeee.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Finished downloading all 60gb of it off Rockstar this morning, now got a nice count down clock :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah its a big bugger, had to remove a couple of games from my SSD.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I took advantage of a Black Friday lightening deal to get a couple of SSDs, provide rather useful considering this games massive size.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
The code that Mabs posted doesn't seem to work at the moment, but I found one that does. It is only 22% off, but that means the game is £31.20.

SAVE22-ONGTAP-RELOAD

RB

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
The code that Mabs posted doesn't seem to work at the moment, but I found one that does. It is only 22% off, but that means the game is £31.20.

SAVE22-ONGTAP-RELOAD

RB

mine worked earlier :(

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
I got a copy for £20 by buying from www.nuuvem.com.br. You have to use a proxy (Hola extension for Chrome works well) but is by far the cheapest I found it, and it includes the preorder money bonus.

Mabs

i dont like usiing proxies to buy stuff cos i think theyre going to fix it and backtrack people, also doing it on Steam can get your whole account banned if they catch you...

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
It's not a steam copy. You activate the code (and download the game) using the Rockstar Social Club.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
i dont like usiing proxies to buy stuff cos i think theyre going to fix it and backtrack people, also doing it on Steam can get your whole account banned if they catch you...

Also some of it's dodgy gray market stuff, which can be outright stolen and when sh*t does happen you have no claim for reimbursement.

Mabs

Also some of it's dodgy gray market stuff, which can be outright stolen and when sh*t does happen you have no claim for reimbursement.

yea but the whole reseller thing is a bit dodgy, but can be argueably done "in good faith" whereas "lol im in russia now 50% off" is clearly not

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Unless stolen isn't the onus on the reseller? Not the consumer.

I know Ubisoft did it but didn't they turn out to be stolen keys?

Embattle

FH is my second home
I suspect you'll find something buried in the EULA that no one reads that validates them deactivating the game if you buy it outside the EU.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Unless stolen isn't the onus on the reseller? Not the consumer.

I know Ubisoft did it but didn't they turn out to be stolen keys?

Yeah ubisoft and the sniper malarky last year. Both were stolen keys. That's the point where they can say "well you bught it, try and get your money from the gray market dealers, not our problem". Which ofcourse would probably be impossible.

Not sure on the out of region purchases, they're trying to limit it i think(and gray market theft thingies might remove it completely in the future), but currently you can do it. Could be though as Embattle said that there's a clause somewhere.

But, i personally won't risk a few dollars save for a possibility of a stolen key being revoked and perhaps steam account ban to top it off.

Syri

FH is my second home
I just ordered it from steam. At the time, it was about £8 cheaper on various key sites, but I decided to play safe and go with steam. Now it's pre-loaded, eaten 60gb of my SSD, and I'm itching to try it out... Really want to see how the online side works out.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Should have been released today. Stupid Tuesday. Luckily I'm off next week and ready to waste an entire day.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I yearn for "please insert disk 5"

Wish I had bought a physical copy now.

Syri

FH is my second home
Just imagine if they still let you play from disc... "You're approaching another street, quickly swap to disc 6 to avoid a game crash"... I dread to think how that would end up with online play.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i still find something satisfying about owning a physical copy of a game i guess its just a material thing i prefer a book to an ereader too etc gonna cry tho i know its gonna come in the morning and itll install just intime for me to go to work /cry

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
i still find something satisfying about owning a physical copy of a game

Same here. I think one of them youtuber people said it best that "as long as you got this in your hand and a system to play it on, you're golden" while talking about DS games or such.

Rings true enough. Zombies come around and my hard copy of mass effect trilogy will buy me a ton of shotgun ammo.

Which i'll then use to shoot them and take it back, naturally.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Im not bothered about a physical copy really, except books. I have way too much clutter as it is.

Going to get up nice and early tomorrow, the options look to be excellent so will spend a little time making it look as good as it can to maintain 60fps then play all day.

Not really fussed about online play.

Syri

FH is my second home
The good news: It's now live. The bad news: it takes about 30 minutes to "unpack", and that's on a fairly fast ssd...

Syri

FH is my second home
Great, this unpacking means it needs double the install space... which I don't have. I already deleted a load from that drive just to free the supposedly required 60gb. so if you've pre-loaded, and don't have room for the complete game twice, you're probably quicker to just delete and re-download, rather than move stuff around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom