Gratz Hiblets

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
<salutes Aran> He needed some of that nice Alb ale you see.

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
Let's hope this is the wake up call alb's need to get back into rvr Boreing vs the same hib day in day out.

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
Digi said:
Let's hope this is the wake up call alb's need to get back into rvr Boreing vs the same hib day in day out.
dont u worry my fine friend the war is not one not yet :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Taking relics from Albion isn't going to make more albs come RvR. Quite the opposite, but I guess you didn't think of that. :)

Hibs rule RvR on Prydwen, that's not exactly a secret. Difference is that if you keep smacking up the other realms, they'll stop caring. I predict the albs will go back to PvEing, like they always do. :)

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Taking relics from Albion isn't going to make more albs come RvR. Quite the opposite, but I guess you didn't think of that. :)

Hibs rule RvR on Prydwen, that's not exactly a secret. Difference is that if you keep smacking up the other realms, they'll stop caring. I predict the albs will go back to PvEing, like they always do. :)

Go back to pveing? they alrdy are :p

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
Tesla Monkor said:

keep thinking like that after ure mum puts u to bed and we get busy with it babiegh :eek:

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorry Tes, but that's exactly what Hibs were saying about the Mids and Albs just prior to the NF patch, and what we got back was:

"haha QQ more, we take your keeps to get you to come out! QQ n00b!"

I won't revert to saying it or similar, but the reason why Hib appears to be dominating the RvR scene is because all the Hibs get involved in all the aspects of the game, there's only a very small percentage who prefer to only PvE or only RvR.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Sinnica said:
population doesnt really matter if you use good tic-tacs :cheers:

Yeah and we know that in hibland tactics = los bugged shrooms, coe bolts throught walls and baseline stun

Puppet

Part of the furniture
It where the bugged bainshees (2-3?) who took the relic. Not the 80-100 Hibs who took 2 keeps, breached the Milegate and brought the relic-home.

You had 3 chances to defend: Surs, Beno, Milegate. At all those 3 situations you would have a tactical advantage and could have whiped the Hibs. You failed at Surs (obviously that one was hard to defend), you failed at Beno (if you didnt see that coming....) and you could port straight to Beno till door1 was breached.

You failed at the Milegate (where you had the tactical advantage of both heigth and only 1 way of entering for Hibs.

You let it come to trying to defend a shrine with 3 entrances where the more Hibs could easily surround you and you had 0 chance of escaping or surviving or even putting up a fight good enough to wipe the Hibs out.

I dont know if the Bainshee Frontal-nukes should go through walls; eg. is it a feature or a bug. I dont know; and personally I dont care. But the loss of your relic isnt the result of it; its a total shortcoming on your side to defend properly and use tactics and Hibs on the other hand worked well together.

Dont downplay our performance of taking 2 keeps + a relic at primetime because 2-3 bainshees did something which is or isnt cheating. Only makes me think of you as a sore looser. Accept your loss; you get em back anyhow (be it clustering or some lame alarmclock-raid).

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
It where the bugged bainshees (2-3?) who took the relic. Not the 80-100 Hibs who took 2 keeps, breached the Milegate and brought the relic-home.

You had 3 chances to defend: Surs, Beno, Milegate. At all those 3 situations you would have a tactical advantage and could have whiped the Hibs. You failed at Surs (obviously that one was hard to defend), you failed at Beno (if you didnt see that coming....) and you could port straight to Beno till door1 was breached.

You failed at the Milegate (where you had the tactical advantage of both heigth and only 1 way of entering for Hibs.

You let it come to trying to defend a shrine with 3 entrances where the more Hibs could easily surround you and you had 0 chance of escaping or surviving or even putting up a fight good enough to wipe the Hibs out.

I dont know if the Bainshee Frontal-nukes should go through walls; eg. is it a feature or a bug. I dont know; and personally I dont care. But the loss of your relic isnt the result of it; its a total shortcoming on your side to defend properly and use tactics and Hibs on the other hand worked well together.

Dont downplay our performance of taking 2 keeps + a relic at primetime because 2-3 bainshees did something which is or isnt cheating. Only makes me think of you as a sore looser. Accept your loss; you get em back anyhow (be it clustering or some lame alarmclock-raid).

Would you please stop putting arrows in me every single fight. I ported outside Crim and I was out there 2 sec before you started shooting me.

WHY ME?! Was like 20 mids around me. =(

Pick the thane! I didn't even get a chance to mjollnir ftw.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:

This made me chuckle tbh, what you're saying is that albs cant do what you just did? Cause the 'superior' beings are all playing hib and you're the only ones that can pull off a prime time raid?

And tbh, i've never understood people whining on 'lame alarmclock raids' the 3 realms ingame are at war as far as i know atleast and are people supposed to alert the enemy before engaging their relic keeps? :p
No? I didnt think so ;)

I couldnt care less how a relic is taken, be it primetime, alarmclock ftw or with a massive zerg unbeatable by the enemy.
It's all tactics and people whining on 'lame alarmclock' raids can be judged as sore loosers also? :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
What are we gratzing hibs for? Smelly tree huggers :m00:

Relic raids nowadays are rubbish. In OF they were quick and any realm could generally pull them off. Nowadays relic raids are long and drawn out and you can generally tell along way in advance the outcome. If you can't defend the first keep at prime time why is there anymore reason to defend the second or third or MG or relic temple?

After it was clear albs couldn't even take 1 keep to get their relic back it would only be a matter of time before they lost their other relic.

And to the person that said that we should overlook the 2-3 "exploiters/cheaters/feature users". Why exactly? They were using it because it was interupting/damaging opponents, how do you know you would have not failed without them?

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
Sorry Tes, but that's exactly what Hibs were saying about the Mids and Albs just prior to the NF patch, and what we got back was:

"haha QQ more, we take your keeps to get you to come out! QQ n00b!"

Everytime someone talks about something in NF, you hibs mention OF.

The fact that the fighting in OF happened in Hib was a random thing. It just began there, and stayed there. When there was a keep fight I recall this was mostly at DC, and it was not effecting rvr in such a scale in which it does in NF.

The hibs taking the alb relic or and alb keep in NF, will imo have a greater impact on RvR, than if mids took DC in OF.

Not all albs/mids said what you stated above.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
sigh "i wont even bother with rvsr without relics" shit here again... zzz

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Reason why rvr took place in Hib in OF was that the mid/alb zerg could port straight in, not spend 30 mins twatting around to get to HW/Odins Gate

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
Cadelin said:
What are we gratzing hibs for? Smelly tree huggers :m00:

Relic raids nowadays are rubbish. In OF they were quick and any realm could generally pull them off. Nowadays relic raids are long and drawn out and you can generally tell along way in advance the outcome. If you can't defend the first keep at prime time why is there anymore reason to defend the second or third or MG or relic temple?

After it was clear albs couldn't even take 1 keep to get their relic back it would only be a matter of time before they lost their other relic.

And to the person that said that we should overlook the 2-3 "exploiters/cheaters/feature users". Why exactly? They were using it because it was interupting/damaging opponents, how do you know you would have not failed without them?
rr tonight was fast because in imo albs just need some postive vibs :)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Vilje said:
....The fact that the fighting in OF happened in Hib was a random thing. It just began there, and stayed there. When there was a keep fight I recall this was mostly at DC, and it was not effecting rvr in such a scale in which it does in NF......

May or may not have been random but Mids & Albs camped the hell out of Emain of a large number of servers. People suggested the lack of high end mobs in the way & the fact that Emain bore an uncanny resemblance to the 18th hole of most golf courses.

But as for it being mostly DC that's pretty way off the mark. Alb & Mids guilds took great delight in claiming loads of Hibs keeps in OF & farming the incoming & fair play to them - they made a lot of rp that way & honed their skills.

Hibs tended to hang on to any relic by the skin of their teeth & a sense of realm spirit on Pryd. This same spirit (+ the fact that we're probably no longer the underdog RvR wise) has paid dividends in NF. Our raid leaders (PvE & RvR) are still prepared to organise us & drag us out & by & large more than most turn out to give it a shot.

What happened in the OF should be left there though if you ask me. But on the other side of the coin don't expect any sympathy from Hibs when saying leave us alone or we wont come out. Both the Mids & Albs have proved to be more than capable of fielding exceedingly good groups from early OF to now & both realms have been known to show up in numbers if needed. Though in all fairness Mids have never seemed to amass the numbers that Albs have in the past.

Aran led a swift prime time raid & credit should go to him for that. We didn't turn up with 50 banshees & 50 animists or anything close to that for those 2 classes.

Must admit Dorin's synopsis is spot on - been seen here since we called BarrysWhine home.

have a big huge shiny medal!

not like rvr wasnt bad enough already with the constant adding scouts and opted hib fg's running about farming the zerg at oriens and soloers all day :eek:

Martok

Part of the furniture
tbh i hate to say this but alb is weak and feable @ the hands of mids and hibs @ this moment in time! Hibs well done in the relic take was there on my heretic AoE Focusing you all after sum idiot in your realm gave me a titan to target in the middle of you all lol!!!

but tbh now albs have 0 relics and atm no chance of retaking the relics i know alot of the random alb zergs you ppl have been farming are going to disapear back to pve why destroy the instant action in HW that was there may i ask??

alot of alb guilds have exsorsted there bp reserves adn unlike the hibs + mids have not be able to replace them with fresh bp's!! as a result making alb easyer to conqure. sooner 1.75 and clustering comes along the better tbh.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Server cluster might balance it a bit - main problem comes i think from the hibs being vastly stronger in keep warfare in design.Combination of shrooms+now CAE makes even a small number able to hold at bay a greater force.

And yes, well done - you got a relic, but screwed the instant action rvr for a week or two at least.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Cadelin said:
Nowadays relic raids are long and drawn out and you can generally tell along way in advance the outcome. If you can't defend the first keep at prime time why is there anymore reason to defend the second or third or MG or relic temple?

I expected to get Surs, by having Eras and all the albs up in beno we had a good chance of getting to the keep undetected.
(When did the alarm go up?)
When we found the keep was low level and the towers around it were unclaimed it was a bonus, and with albs unable to port to it i wasnt suprised that it fell quickly.

Beno on the other hand i was expecting a serious defence as they would know that was our next target.
(Could you port there still, was hoping having surs/eras/berks taken it would disrupt the porting chain)

After Beno feel we were expecting the milegate to be heavily defended, or that mids would have mustered and been waiting for it to open.
But it was empty, all the defenders had moved to the relic keep which although it has guards isnt the most defencable of structures.

As for why you should defend them, at its peak i think the BG had 100 people, im sure that there were more then that in albion at the time.
Defending means that it takes the attacking force longer, allowing the defending realm to recover from thier initial suprise and organise things better.
Morale plays a strong part as is cooperation amounst the people making up your forces.
That is half the battle, if people are defeatest then they make it harder for everyone else, and your fighting an uphill battle.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Aran Thule said:
I expected to get Surs, by having Eras and all the albs up in beno we had a good chance of getting to the keep undetected.
(When did the alarm go up?)
When we found the keep was low level and the towers around it were unclaimed it was a bonus, and with albs unable to port to it i wasnt suprised that it fell quickly.

Beno on the other hand i was expecting a serious defence as they would know that was our next target.
(Could you port there still, was hoping having surs/eras/berks taken it would disrupt the porting chain)

After Beno feel we were expecting the milegate to be heavily defended, or that mids would have mustered and been waiting for it to open.
But it was empty, all the defenders had moved to the relic keep which although it has guards isnt the most defencable of structures.

As for why you should defend them, at its peak i think the BG had 100 people, im sure that there were more then that in albion at the time.
Defending means that it takes the attacking force longer, allowing the defending realm to recover from thier initial suprise and organise things better.
Morale plays a strong part as is cooperation amounst the people making up your forces.
That is half the battle, if people are defeatest then they make it harder for everyone else, and your fighting an uphill battle.
It was clear it was a rr the second the other towe on surs went.Most albs wrote off surs the minute they got a guardspam and tried to go benowyc, however /who 50 gave less than 100 people prior to the alarm going out, and a large number of people i tried to PM wouldnt leave the raids they were on, be it toa or otherwise.

Still if we ignore the bug abuse from the bainshees and concentrate purely on how you led it it was nicely done.Giving way the mile gate was done via neccessity rather than choice - albs were too badly organised to mount a credible defence there really.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:

3 banshees got over 30 Kills on the albion defeners.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
yes it was a great raid
You proved you could amass a zerg during prime time. Larger than the albion zerg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom