Gratz Hiblets

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Genedril said:
But as for it being mostly DC that's pretty way off the mark. Alb & Mids guilds took great delight in claiming loads of Hibs keeps in OF & farming the incoming & fair play to them - they made a lot of rp that way & honed their skills.

There was "always" a fight at DC is probably a better word for it =) Ofc, other keeps were taken and retaken aswell, but there was something about DC back then ^^ Your point is well made regardless.

I got to give you credit for fighting while being in lower numbers etc in OF. But you had your moments too, and when a hib grp first were out running, they lasted a while - thats atleast how I remember it.

I recall one time I took a break for a month or so, and when I came back, hibs had 3 enemy relics ( or something like that ). You had taken it with ~40~ people, and everyone was talking about how amazing it was :)

What I was trying to say was, that I think that keeptaking in NF has a greater impact on RvR than keeptaking in OF had.

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Btw, sorry for being off topic, and grats on getting another relic hibs =)

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Ill put in my 5 cents here...

VidX said:
Sorry Tes, but that's exactly what Hibs were saying about the Mids and Albs just prior to the NF patch, and what we got back was:

"haha QQ more, we take your keeps to get you to come out! QQ n00b!"

I won't revert to saying it or similar, but the reason why Hib appears to be dominating the RvR scene is because all the Hibs get involved in all the aspects of the game, there's only a very small percentage who prefer to only PvE or only RvR.

Well 2 things...

First off all prior to NF hibs still managed to keep relics...keeps have absolutly nothing to do with the situation what so ever...

And secondly does that really mean that you want to be as bad when you finally get a chanse ? Try taking the high road...it actually feels better...I promise...

/Charmangle

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Vilje said:
There was "always" a fight at DC is probably a better word for it =) Ofc, other keeps were taken and retaken aswell, but there was something about DC back then ^^ .

Can't argue with that - remember Durgi telling me it was Midgards 7th keep or something :)).

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
I dont know if the Bainshee Frontal-nukes should go through walls; eg. is it a feature or a bug. I dont know; and personally I dont care.

Dont downplay our performance of taking 2 keeps + a relic at primetime because 2-3 bainshees did something which is or isnt cheating. Only makes me think of you as a sore looser. Accept your loss; you get em back anyhow (be it clustering or some lame alarmclock-raid).

Heheh...

Playing the clueless innocent.

It's a bug.

People use the bug to gain an advantage.

You play together with the people.

You don't give a fuck about it.

You ALL cheat.

If one member of a group cheats and you don't care, you support them instead of where you should have punished them.

I don't care about the relics but I care about people like you who try to tell us you achieved something even though some people in the group cheated.

Guess getting rid of bug abusers from guilds / realm isn't on top of your daily agenda.

The sore loser are you, for playing together with cheaters and and supporting them.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
I dont know if the Bainshee Frontal-nukes should go through walls; eg. is it a feature or a bug. I dont know; and personally I dont care.

This has been a known bug for ages in the US and i read somewhere that bainshee players were suposed to report any bugs where the spells went through walls, many players reported that at the relic temples is where it happned the most and then were asked not to use this tactic.

Apart from that yes it was a nice raid.

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
It where the bugged bainshees (2-3?) who took the relic. Not the 80-100 Hibs who took 2 keeps, breached the Milegate and brought the relic-home.

You had 3 chances to defend: Surs, Beno, Milegate. At all those 3 situations you would have a tactical advantage and could have whiped the Hibs. You failed at Surs (obviously that one was hard to defend), you failed at Beno (if you didnt see that coming....) and you could port straight to Beno till door1 was breached.

You failed at the Milegate (where you had the tactical advantage of both heigth and only 1 way of entering for Hibs.

You let it come to trying to defend a shrine with 3 entrances where the more Hibs could easily surround you and you had 0 chance of escaping or surviving or even putting up a fight good enough to wipe the Hibs out.

I dont know if the Bainshee Frontal-nukes should go through walls; eg. is it a feature or a bug. I dont know; and personally I dont care. But the loss of your relic isnt the result of it; its a total shortcoming on your side to defend properly and use tactics and Hibs on the other hand worked well together.

Dont downplay our performance of taking 2 keeps + a relic at primetime because 2-3 bainshees did something which is or isnt cheating. Only makes me think of you as a sore looser. Accept your loss; you get em back anyhow (be it clustering or some lame alarmclock-raid).

Actually you should Care. Well if you have any sence of pride in your realm anyway. I know that If I had taken a relic and there was doubt of the legalety I would seek out the people and tell them to get their small grubby BUg abusing tushies into gear. What they did DOES affect your achievement whether you want to admit it or not, and even though nothing might happen from GoA's side you DIDNT win fair and square.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Septina said:
This made me chuckle tbh, what you're saying is that albs cant do what you just did? Cause the 'superior' beings are all playing hib and you're the only ones that can pull off a prime time raid?

So far, yes. But more to point: Dont downplay Hibs who take 2 keeps + a relic at primetime. Proove me wrong; and I congratulate you for an equal performance. But dont worry; it takes only 1 keep to break down to get your relic back; your job is way easier.

It's all tactics and people whining on 'lame alarmclock' raids can be judged as sore loosers also? :)

It takes more tactics to pull off what Hibs just did then PvE a keep at 4:00 AM; you gotta see that too Septina.

Point is Albs could have stopped us at Surs (very hard; no porting to it), they failed. They could have stopped us at Beno (way easier; you could port inside and build up a massive defense), but Albs failed. You could have tried to defend the Milegate (surely '70 Albs on a MG' can stop 80 Hibs under the MG no?) but Albs didnt.

All Im saying is that the relics didnt get taken because of bainshees nuking through the walls. Im saying the relics got taken because Hib-tactics during the course of taking 2 keeps + breaching the milegate where better then the Alb-tactics. Trying to defend the shrine was a tactical error and bound to fail against high numbers; because as defender you're forced inside a very small area where the enemy can get in from 3 sides. Bainshees or no bainshees; that was a tactical error and bound to result in faillure.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
Bainshees or no bainshees; that was a tactical error and bound to result in faillure.

Yeah, you still needed the cheaters to help you.

The error is inside you god damn logic. Give us Bainshees to nuke you through the fucking walls and then we see if we need a superior tactic like you claim to have had.

"We had cheaters, yes, but we had a superior tactic anyway and we are better than you, so it doesn't matter!"

:puke:

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Dimse Dut said:
Actually you should Care. Well if you have any sence of pride in your realm anyway. I know that If I had taken a relic and there was doubt of the legalety I would seek out the people and tell them to get their small grubby BUg abusing tushies into gear. What they did DOES affect your achievement whether you want to admit it or not, and even though nothing might happen from GoA's side you DIDNT win fair and square.

Well put

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
So let me get this right..

Hibs finally decided to take advantage of that "unofficial" deal about having 1 hib and 1 mid keep claimed in alb land with all the surrounding towers in order to get better, more and faster rvr for all sides? Afaik all were very happy with this arrangement and iirc it lasted for quite a while.
Surely especially the high rr hibs should have been happy with this as they had alot to farm every night in a concentrated area.

As I see it hibs shot themselves in their feets with doing this.. What do you think you have achieved?? You took the last 2 keeps in order to open the milegates. That on a very cheap ground imo as Albion were very crippled by letting ( yes, letting ) hibs and mids keep their 2 keeps claimed in HW in order to help the server! It was about thrust as I see it - thrust in order to improve Prydwen rvr.
Of course there are no such thing as rules as to who attacks what keep - it is realm versus realm, but breaking something that clearly helped a part of the game big time just because of pure greed is beyond me..

Congrats hibs, Im sure you did a splendid job - cheating banshees or not. Just dont get surprised if you arent gonna see alot of albs out in the future ( and I sure as hell can understand why tbh.. ) and less action as rvr is once again spread across 3 realms. :wanker:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Omfg blame it on Animists, blame it on Banshees, blame it on higher rr groups and don't grasp that maybe u did your own errors, won't get u any good folks ... But it's always funny laughing at loud cryers after every Hib RR ^^

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kraben said:
Congrats hibs, Im sure you did a splendid job - cheating banshees or not. Just dont get surprised if you arent gonna see alot of albs out in the future ( and I sure as hell can understand why tbh.. ) and less action as rvr is once again spread across 3 realms. :wanker:

The once 'destroying' that action is actually the Mids who decided to drop Berkstead to unclaimed status. Having 1 or 6 realms has *NOTHING* to do with the pre-arranged structure of Eras, Berk and Beno.

And every scout less is a good thing :)

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Yeah, you still needed the cheaters to help you.

The error is inside you god damn logic. Give us Bainshees to nuke you through the fucking walls and then we see if we need a superior tactic like you claim to have had.

"We had cheaters, yes, but we had a superior tactic anyway and we are better than you, so it doesn't matter!"

:puke:
maaan u r my idol . i want to have ur poster on my wall plz send me a photo... :touch:

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Oh my giggle de goosh, i agree with the whines!

God damn Bainshees and Animists. nerf your keep and tower taking skills. 2-3 bainshees, and 2-3 animists took surs, 2 surs towers, beno tower, beno keep, and killed all the albs at the relic structure!

NERF!

On the other hand, i wonder what all 70 ppl frontier side in the battlegroup were doing... mere observers i geuss?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Axuk said:
You forgot the key point on this...

Through... the... walls

Shh, I bet there will be someone who'll ask you to not downplay the achievement of the well organized Hibs.

His name will be Puppet.

Doh, I am looking into the past not into the future.

Silly me.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
The once 'destroying' that action is actually the Mids who decided to drop Berkstead to unclaimed status. Having 1 or 6 realms has *NOTHING* to do with the pre-arranged structure of Eras, Berk and Beno.

Actually it was getting transfered to another guild at the time.

Even though you hibs don't have those kind of problems with your 50% upkeep welfare bonus, mids (and albs) tends to run out of BP rather easily. Hence it was getting tranfered as the guild holding it ran out. Apparently it took a little to get it done, but it was in a transfer state at the moment.

So, when are GoA going to wise up and give Albs and Mids the same 50% welfare bonus (or remove hibs?).

Just for your information. Currently hibs earn more BP and pay less BP than Mids.

EDIT: Oh, and nice try to dodge the 'blame'. You are very good at that Puppet. Ever wondered why Albs prefer going to take a Mid keep instead of a Hib keep? In Mid they don't have to fight shroom+bainshees.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
That's right puppet...

We had 3 chances to defend and failed to do so...

Unfortunatley, a lot of us in the grp I was in were suffering constant disconnects (which got Rightnow'd with pingplots & tracertsin an effort to help them find the problem).

Hard to defend when you can't stay connected :(

Kinag

Part of the furniture
RvR will be more balanced now, the alb zerglings will go back to pve and hibs and mids won't be able to farm the alb zerg.

So I guess this means no more rps for you "good tactical" hibs?

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

Hehe, well, I think it was more than 70 albs at our doorstep @ Berk, and at Berk t4 someone counted 92 albs from guards ( Where we put our final defence ) :p

We could perhaps have lasted a bit longer if we still had it claimed, but we were too few people at berk keep to hold it for long. Mids were also defending Crim at that moment, against what I heard was a similar number of hibs ( I were not there though, so not sure ).

Not sure why berk got dropped, but I guess people wanted to claim Crim towers/keep instead.

EDIT: Oh and Azathrim just gave the answer to the above ^^ =)

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Kraben said:

people have been asking me to do a relic raid for a fair while now, but i try to think tactically and given that defending 2 keeps with relics is harder then defending one i didnt want to rock the boat.

Not everyone was enjoying the eras-beno-berk status, several discussions were had and the opinion that started to come across was that it was fun for a while but was quickly becoming stagnent.

Add to this that Surs was low level and its keep towers were unclaimed/low level.
Are you really suprised that hibs or mids didnt see this as an open invite.

Im a bit sad that people are flaming bainshees and saying that we cheated on this raid.
It does tarnish was i saw as a fast effective raid.
if people cheated it wasnt because i asked them too, so feel free to report them and if they were cheating they will get banned.

All i can say is a big thanks to the Hibs that came out and worked together.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Aran Thule said:
Im a bit sad that people are flaming bainshees and saying that we cheated on this raid.
It does tarnish was i saw as a fast effective raid.
if people cheated it wasnt because i asked them too, so feel free to report them and if they were cheating they will get banned.
Not slandering your leadership, you did well. Am saying that the actions of a few have brought into question the achievement of the many.That said i personally feel there was no way in hell we were holding due to low numbers, people on pve and general disorganisation.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Personally, i think Albion deserved the loss of the relics.

Not everyone were happy with the "arrangement" of letting the other two realms perma-own keeps in our frontier. When some of us try to take OUR keeps back, we get cursed at and given no aid, because "it's more fun with insta rvr bla bla".

I don't know, perhaps i only speak for myself, but i have given up rvr lately for a couple reasons. One reason would be that without the goal of taking our keeps back, why the hell rvr in the first place? And all those who say "let them have the keeps you n00bs" - and then suddenly say "come defend our relics you n00bs"... well all i can say, you reap what you sow.

I'd like to thank the hibs for finally showing those albs that we are NOT FUCKING SUPPOSED TO TRUST EACHOTHER IN THIS GAME! And i am not being sarcastic. Hopefully we'll never have a situation like that in Alb frontiers again where the leet crew forbids us others to take our keeps back - so for that i once again would like to thank the hibs, and i hope we've all learnt a lesson from this. Well worth it losing the relics over it. :cheers:

I'm sorry to hear there was possibly cheating involved, and i'd also like to add that i know not all albs have had the above attitude, and kudos to those who still chose to try to defend even against possible bug abuse.

Lastly - here is one alb that might actually come back to rvr now. :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Levin said:

Not everyone were happy with the "arrangement" of letting the other two realms perma-own keeps in our frontier. When some of us try to take OUR keeps back, we get cursed at and given no aid, because "it's more fun with insta rvr bla bla".

I don't know, perhaps i only speak for myself, but i have given up rvr lately for a couple reasons. One reason would be that without the goal of taking our keeps back, why the hell rvr in the first place? And all those who say "let them have the keeps you n00bs" - and then suddenly say "come defend our relics you n00bs"... well all i can say, you reap what you sow.

I'd like to thank the hibs for finally showing those albs that we are NOT FUCKING SUPPOSED TO TRUST EACHOTHER IN THIS GAME! And i am not being sarcastic. Hopefully we'll never have a situation like that in Alb frontiers again where the leet crew forbids us others to take our keeps back - so for that i once again would like to thank the hibs, and i hope we've all learnt a lesson from this. Well worth it losing the relics over it. :cheers:

I'm sorry to hear there was possibly cheating involved, and i'd also like to add that i know not all albs have had the above attitude, and kudos to those who still chose to try to defend even against possible bug abuse.

Possibly the most sensible post so far. You are absolutely right it was an open invite and so we have the result. All joking aside I am dissappointed that there appears to have been bug abusing and would agree - right now them.

kind regards

Sharkith

p.s. I am glad we can hopefully welcome you back to the frontier Levin.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Levin said:

Very well put.

But the situation will probably stay the same as long as it is easier to score a large amount of realmpoints (easily 10x as much) by fighting fg vs fg instead of fighting keep battles. People will keep insisting on the fg vs fg format because both sides benefit. Think about it:
If you win the fg fight you score 1500-2000 rp.
Making a kill in zerg gets you 30 rp. Taking the keep, after hours of siege, gets you ~1000 rp.
Also, if you do a "solo" kill you get ~800 rp per kill... no wonder people unreasonably insist on the 1 vs 1 format when the rewards are this big.

So the smaller the fights, the better the rp.
Only, to make people respect this format, you have to continuously QQ and flame opponents via boards and IRC so they bring as small an amount of people to the fight as you would like.
If one side escalates and brings 2fg or a zerg, the other side will have to escalate too to keep up but this is unwanted because it dilutes the rp meight! Or they will give up after a while and the rp will dry up...

There's something fundamentally wrong with the game when the incentives, that are realmpoints, are not making the players play the game that Mythic intended. It's up to Mythic, not the players, to change this.
Meanwhile the players, me included, will keep playing the game "as is".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom