Grapple Survey.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
plz give back NP on excal so people see what mids can do in ToA with a few sojourners and a fully ToAed savage in group... guess that would end the grapple whine then
We'll be there soon enough :wub:

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Sheph said:
You say i play an overpowered class ?
9 pages and you still haven't noticed that he's saying grapple is overpowered.
Actually the whole thread is about that subject.

Nice work Sherlock.

bult

Loyal Freddie
Sheph said:
You say i play an overpowered class ?
No but you got 1 ability that is more overpowered then prenerf zerkers or savages, enough for me imo.

Sheph

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:
9 pages and you still haven't noticed that he's saying grapple is overpowered.
Actually the whole thread is about that subject.

Nice work Sherlock.

And the fact that some dont agree ? Sherlock ?

Sheph

Fledgling Freddie
bult said:
No but you got 1 ability that is more overpowered then prenerf zerkers or savages, enough for me imo.

U actually say ML8 warden is more overpowered than savage was pre-TOA ?

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
bult said:

again, stop being so narrowminded, grapple is fucked up, but is absoloutly nowhere near as bad as hibs had with savage grps pre-toa

bult

Loyal Freddie
Fluid said:
again, stop being so narrowminded, grapple is fucked up, but is absoloutly nowhere near as bad as hibs had with savage grps pre-toa
Its not narrowminded, i played hib some as a druid altho not much. And it was alot more fun/easy to fight vs savagegroups then to play vs grapplegroups now. This was in a hib tank group.

I rather fight savages with my shields down no bof or sos then fight a group that is constantly spamming grapple. Atleast vs savages i can kite them guard against them kill them blabla etc etc. But not vs grapple. Its a fire and forget spell that can keep our offense chainstunned and useless.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
bult said:
Its not narrowminded, i played hib some as a druid altho not much. And it was alot more fun/easy to fight vs savagegroups then to play vs grapplegroups now. This was in a hib tank group.

I rather fight savages with my shields down no bof or sos then fight a group that is constantly spamming grapple. Atleast vs savages i can kite them guard against them kill them blabla etc etc. But not vs grapple. Its a fire and forget spell that can keep our offense chainstunned and useless.

u know grapple is very close range? what stops u kiting them before u get grappled? and before u start, i already know grappled is fuxxed, its just nowhere near as bad as people make out

bult

Loyal Freddie
Fluid said:
u know grapple is very close range? what stops u kiting them before u get grappled? and before u start, i already know grappled is fuxxed, its just nowhere near as bad as people make out
Yeah maybe we should kite that debuff nuke m8!!

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Interesting thread, not played rvr in TOA yet myself, typical that albs once again get screwed.

Can't believe that dps debuff interupt on chanter still isn't fixed!

Grapple just sounds even more annoying, annoying things ruin a game and make it much less appealing to play :(

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Hotrats said:
Interesting thread, not played rvr in TOA yet myself, typical that albs once again get screwed.

Grapple just sounds even more annoying, annoying things ruin a game and make it much less appealing to play :(

I MISS YOU! :fluffle:

when are you coming back?

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Hotrats said:

we ain't screwed and konah need ur sorc :)

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Hotrats said:

[03:44] <[DK]Hotrats> you begin quickcasting ae mezz, Zzang hits you with axe, you split in half and die :p

Hi, remember me? :p

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
bult said:
Yeah maybe we should kite that debuff nuke m8!!

whats that got to do with grapple? u can't hit my casters to stop them debuff nuking if i am close enough to them to grapple as i will be bg'ing them

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Ah nice to see some of you haven't forgotten me, of course I haven't forgotten you Zzang, very annoying to get chopped in half when your qc mezz is just about to land, not something easily forgotten :)

I miss discussing daoc and fighting against you as well Garb but I don't know if things would be the same with all this new TOA stuff, I dunno maybe they would still be fun, perhaps I will log in soon and give rvr a try, although I will no doubt find out I need to get a load of artifacts and ml's first :/

I hear my sorc is being missed and I really did love playing it in the pre-TOA days, life for me is just so busy atm, it just doesn't seem possible to play daoc as well, especially with the summer coming and the temptation to go outside being very stlong (I haven't typed that word in a long long time!).

Perhaps when frontiers is released in europe I will start playing again more often.

Xaldrick

Fledgling Freddie
I really think its funny that this "issue" is comming up again, since what its all about is, that tanks (read: pure tanks) suddenly face a form of CC that isnt totally negated by det5.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Xaldrick said:
I really think its funny that this "issue" is comming up again, since what its all about is, that tanks (read: pure tanks) suddenly face a form of CC that isnt totally negated by det5.

Iam a Tank, and i like grapplezor. :fluffle:

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Xaldrick said:

I'll get back to you when we get asd interupts back or no immunity on mezz for casters :eek:

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Neh. leave it as it is. Ml's are a pain in the arse to do, so they gotta be good for something!

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Platin said:
Neh. leave it as it is. Ml's are a pain in the arse to do, so they gotta be good for something!
yeah its realy good Ml's are good for something when its only good for some classes/realms...
think before you reply...

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Platin said:

And that is why alot of casual players will never get those ability's, and hence, will make them 2nd rank rvr's and the once to always die in rvr.
In the end they will leave the game frustrated, as a LOT have already done.
TOA is very much killing itself and daoc from within, due to its massive effect on rvr.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:
plz give back NP on excal so people see what mids can do in ToA with a few sojourners and a fully ToAed savage in group... guess that would end the grapple whine then

Yeah and hib was easymode pre-toa because you could beat everything?

nol

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:
Yeah and hib was easymode pre-toa because you could beat everything?
um that comment doesn't make any sense when I read it, please explain.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
nol said:
um that comment doesn't make any sense when I read it, please explain.

Garbannoch was saying that NP can win vs hib grapple groups and because of that grapple is ok and realms balanced etc. It's basically the same than saying that savage groups were not easymode because DH could beat them pre-toa. Using zephyr well is far from easy, if tanks get grappled when zephyr is used, its wasted while grapple can be spammed all the time etc.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:
Garbannoch was saying that NP can win vs hib grapple groups and because of that grapple is ok and realms balanced etc. It's basically the same than saying that savage groups were not easymode because DH could beat them pre-toa. Using zephyr well is far from easy, if tanks get grappled when zephyr is used, its wasted while grapple can be spammed all the time etc.
Nothing has changed balancewise between mids and hibs. Equal RR / equally well played mid group will still beat a hib group 6/10 times (at least).

raid

Can't get enough of FH
stubbe said:
Nothing has changed balancewise between mids and hibs. Equal RR / equally well played mid group will still beat a hib group 6/10 times (at least).

This may be true for the best groups like NP and DH, but I am sure I got MUCH more experience than you when it comes to playing in non-perfect / not fixed groups (and I believe this goes for majority of players, including albs/hibs), and the balance was change was huge.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:
This may be true for the best groups like NP and DH, but I am sure I got MUCH more experience than you when it comes to playing in non-perfect / not fixed groups (and I believe this goes for majority of players, including albs/hibs), and the balance was change was huge.

raid is right, looking at 100% optimal groups i think mids will still win, but atm there are none in mid, and maybe one in hib, sometimes a good random group with perfect setup will be able to compete too

but then again raid, we hardly lost any fg vs fg fights late at night :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom