Grapple Survey.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:
So I was liek, in my group where I was immune to melee, happilly nuking some guy who couldnt move or attack and someone zephyred me!!! wtf nerf omg!

:m00:

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
katt! said:
7: make the effect break on damage so it can't be used to hold ppl in pb etc.

agree

oh, and nerf FZ as well. master abilities like that are kinda pointless imo.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
katt! said:
In case you missed the strong sarcasm there, I'll spell it out for you:

You QQ about FZ, but grapple is ok because it fits your setup.

no i said you cant whine about the one without the other - i am sure even where you live they got brains for sale...
and FZ being on a 2 min timer doesnt make it less potent

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:

think we kicked your group back to svasud even before toa and a mid has no right at all to whine about being overpowered - always fun to listen to whine from instagard

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Just removing master levels completely would be best in my opinion.

(though I would miss cowering bellow, finally makes BD's killable as a tank).

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:
think we kicked your group back to svasud even before toa and a mid has no right at all to whine about being overpowered - always fun to listen to whine from instagard

Its not about your grp, I don't get too annoyed if losing to a grp where one member has alone as much RP (and experience) as the groups I usually play in have all together. If grapple was removed, you would still win most of the fights. Bodyguard alone would have been enough to balance things pretty well, grapple was overkill :(

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Removing bodyguard is not an option.. casters would die way, way, too fast when they got fully toa:ed tank assisting.

Teiten

Fledgling Freddie
grapple as preventflight-ish ability on 20sec reuse timer!

fz on a longer timer, 15-10 minutes or something Oo

and btw zzang, you turning around to one hit a caster in my grp that was trying to kill you (after i told him not to) made me laugh irl :D /clap

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
But its ok for tanks to die in less then 2 seconds of pbaoe from an unkillable caster who can do whatever he likes so long as he doesn't move because of bodyguard?

If you have someone bodyguarding you then you shouldn't be able to cast or fight without breaking it.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
But its ok for tanks to die in less then 2 seconds of pbaoe from an unkillable caster who can do whatever he likes so long as he doesn't move because of bodyguard?

If you have someone bodyguarding you then you shouldn't be able to cast or fight without breaking it.

why not? not like interupts from others isn't totally fucked up as it is, why should melee chars get better treatment that mages?

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
katt! said:
It's not only that it's overpowered, it completely removes tanks from an offensive role.

...and it really makes me wanna roll an armsman too!! =P

nol

Fledgling Freddie
next thing you guys are gonna wann nerf my waterbreathing spell :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
why not? not like interupts from others isn't totally fucked up as it is, why should melee chars get better treatment that mages?

Show me where exactly melee characters are getting better treatment these days? Theres countless ways to counter melee attacks and reduce all types of melee damage before and many times more now with toa, yet theres still only bog standard resistances to counter spell damage and even those got nerfed with the way its calculated a patch or two ago.

And now with grapple and bodyguard tanks are back to the old cannon fodder days, reduced to nothing but enemy tanks hugging each other to cancel each other out whilst they get nuked to fuck by unkillable bodyguarded casters, better treatment? bollocks.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Show me where exactly melee characters are getting better treatment these days? Theres countless ways to counter melee attacks and reduce all types of melee damage before and many times more now with toa, yet theres still only bog standard resistances to counter spell damage and even those got nerfed with the way its calculated a patch or two ago.

And now with grapple and bodyguard tanks are back to the old cannon fodder days, reduced to nothing but enemy tanks hugging each other to cancel each other out whilst they get nuked to fuck by unkillable bodyguarded casters, better treatment? bollocks.

Was pretty much what casters were for the last few patches, cannon fodder for tank groups.

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
It would be ok to remove grapple and bg and guard also, and self shields i dont mind but atleast let the casters enjoy the current state of the game for same amount of time tanks did ie from the time when con based resists was changed with a grp buff and SC was added.

And again, why albs/mids dont do mixed grps 2dmg dealing casters+2tanks as it should be supposed to be from the begining ? I think couse it easyer to moan of fh then adapt to game evolution.

fiontan

Fledgling Freddie
Zephyred battlemasters cant bg and they cant grapple, stop your pathetic whining and try adopt like several hib guilds did when mid was uberfotm. Current situation is most boring for us hibs who see mid groups fight with as much tactics as some random DL casual groups from 1.50. You really think you can make Mythic change anything by runking on FH? Whine how much you want about this and that but its up to you to find the solutions. But I guess you as usual just gonna sit around until mid gets boosted again in the next patch i.e shamans-buffshearing(like happened so many times before.)

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
fiontan said:
Current situation is most boring for us hibs who see mid groups fight with as much tactics as some random DL casual groups from 1.50

Current situation is most boring for us albs who see hib groups fight with as much tactics as some random APK casual groups from 1.50.

bult

Loyal Freddie
Devaster said:
It would be ok to remove grapple and bg and guard also, and self shields i dont mind but atleast let the casters enjoy the current state of the game for same amount of time tanks did ie from the time when con based resists was changed with a grp buff and SC was added.

And again, why albs/mids dont do mixed grps 2dmg dealing casters+2tanks as it should be supposed to be from the begining ? I think couse it easyer to moan of fh then adapt to game evolution.

You are really stupid. Grapple can NOT be compared to any previous game balance issues like zerker or savage damage because its not at all the same. There is NO conunter to grapple. VS savages and prenerf zerkers sure they hit hard as hell but you could still fight them. Kite, slam, guard etc. But vs grapple there is NOTHING to do. its VERY VERY VERY annoying.

When tanks were on top casters were not USELESS there was plenty of good castergroups like DH kicking ass even then. Now on the other hand groups with tank offence like ours with 2 lighttanks and 2 casters are totally useless.

Sure we could make castergroups too wich would mean we would have to bring 4 casters instead of your 2 making the group alot more fragile and mezz would be a 100% sure loss without GP vs a good enemy group.

Grapple is available to all realms but that dont mean its balanced and one realm can benefit alot more then another.

As a sorcerer i MUCH rather fight uber savage assistrains then fight the silly grapplespamming groups we face now. If we loose i want it to be because the opponent played better not because they found a button they could spam every 10 sec that was = win.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
imo remove both retarded ML abilites which we call grapple and zephyr.

t h a n k s, bodyguard is good enough to get casters back in game tbh.

ps.: i thought DH members are not "QQ-fantasy bois", shame i was wrong

RIP my dreamsphere.

Gilead

Fledgling Freddie
game is never balanced,ppl always QQ about something

tanks were overpowered compared to casters pre toa

in some ways this is good payback for those days

bult

Loyal Freddie
Gilead said:
game is never balanced,ppl always QQ about something

tanks were overpowered compared to casters pre toa

in some ways this is good payback for those days

No its not.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
To be honest grapple is an insane master level ability...

FZ is great, bit like uninteruptable 9 secs stun if targetted perfectly. Pathing is a bit bugy on anything other than flat ground though. And its avoidable unless caster times right and target is kinda running straight into you (like lots do). FZ I think is Fantastic. But certainly not devastatingly overpowered. Just good.

Grapple is a bit to user friendly for my liking.

I dont like when people wanna make a point about something being overpowered they refer to savages now as if its ok. Ill accept this tactic if you can show me a post back in the day of you complaining about savages in the same way you are complaing about grapple.

I forgive zzang though as he is nice guy.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
bult said:
You are really stupid. Grapple can NOT be compared to any previous game balance issues like zerker or savage damage because its not at all the same. There is NO conunter to grapple. VS savages and prenerf zerkers sure they hit hard as hell but you could still fight them. Kite, slam, guard etc. But vs grapple there is NOTHING to do. its VERY VERY VERY annoying.

When tanks were on top casters were not USELESS there was plenty of good castergroups like DH kicking ass even then. Now on the other hand groups with tank offence like ours with 2 lighttanks and 2 casters are totally useless.

Sure we could make castergroups too wich would mean we would have to bring 4 casters instead of your 2 making the group alot more fragile and mezz would be a 100% sure loss without GP vs a good enemy group.

Grapple is available to all realms but that dont mean its balanced and one realm can benefit alot more then another.

As a sorcerer i MUCH rather fight uber savage assistrains then fight the silly grapplespamming groups we face now. If we loose i want it to be because the opponent played better not because they found a button they could spam every 10 sec that was = win.

Spot on, as an alb when you face a good hib caster group it already was pretty hard before ToA now they can grapple one of your tanks=can't do shit if chain grappled so has to repeat it in group chat so clerics can spam heal you.Either way you are dead because clerics will run out of power or you will die from the assist nuking/pbaoe they do.Midgard has no excuses vs hibs like garbannoch said(the amount of interupts aswell as healing), as an alb it's pretty tough at the moment(unless of course you have a good debuff caster group) especially if you face decent mids who have 3-4x FZ.

Bodyguard seems fine, noway as bad as FZ and grapple.

Game never will be balanced since everyone has their own opinion, still if the european players had their own patches decided by their opinions rather than the american server players i think the game would be a lot better than it has turned out.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
unkillable bodyguarded casters.

Bodyguard doesnt protect from ranged or magic attacks ;)

Bodyguard is fine imo, gives casters more surviveability than for a long time. It has also ended the domination of the pure tank gank set up...a good thing in my book. Grapple is just plain silly though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom