Grapple Survey.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
fiontan said:
stop your pathetic whining and try adopt like several hib guilds did when mid was uberfotm
I'm not playing til ASD is fixed!!!! What do you mean we get it too? What do you mean chanter one is the only one that didnt get fixed? shhhhhhh

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
remove/nerf grapple and zephyr

bodyguard makes tanks and casters very balanced imo, grapple makes hib caster groups far too powerful, zephyr in it's current form does the same for mids (but I haven't noticed many mids use it aside from NP), and albs get royally fucked

grapple should at least have an immunity timer, and the grappled person should be able to fight back imo

zephyr should be on a longer recast timer, and have a longer cast time - something similar to the cast times in the Stormlord line :D

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
I'm not playing til ASD is fixed!!!! What do you mean we get it too? What do you mean chanter one is the only one that didnt get fixed? shhhhhhh
chanter ASD doesn't interrupt :p
DPS debuff tho.. (yes it's overpowered - I can't believe it still hasn't been fixed)

Pbuck

Fledgling Freddie
bult said:
You are really stupid. Grapple can NOT be compared to any previous game balance issues like zerker or savage damage because its not at all the same. There is NO conunter to grapple. VS savages and prenerf zerkers sure they hit hard as hell but you could still fight them. Kite, slam, guard etc. But vs grapple there is NOTHING to do. its VERY VERY VERY annoying.

When tanks were on top casters were not USELESS there was plenty of good castergroups like DH kicking ass even then. Now on the other hand groups with tank offence like ours with 2 lighttanks and 2 casters are totally useless.

Sure we could make castergroups too wich would mean we would have to bring 4 casters instead of your 2 making the group alot more fragile and mezz would be a 100% sure loss without GP vs a good enemy group.

Grapple is available to all realms but that dont mean its balanced and one realm can benefit alot more then another.

As a sorcerer i MUCH rather fight uber savage assistrains then fight the silly grapplespamming groups we face now. If we loose i want it to be because the opponent played better not because they found a button they could spam every 10 sec that was = win.

The situation you face now is what some people have faced for many months in hib playing vs pre nerf/savage groups with relics.We could play almost perfect and still die to unhealable damage from assist trains.Sure DH could win consintently vs those groups but was an exception.And there was no real counter to zerker/savage damage for one non-extraordinary skilled/high rr hib group.Casters going from full life to red all the time,i remember one instance starting one single heal on caster taking damage,then press single insta(75%) on him with insta landing normally and healing for full amount(1000+ hps) and still caster dying before original heal lands.
I guess the only real counter vs good hib grapple pbaoe groups as an alb is to run some sort of mixed group with 2-3debuff casters and 2 bgers(1 reaver) which would ensure interrupts on box but would create more problems when albs lose cc.
Alb will be more equal to hib tho in NF with group purge and determination nerf and introduction of purge3.
Regarding grapple its obvious an immunity timer is needed but judging from the lack of whines on vnboards it seems unlikely it will happen any time soon.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
1 really should apply anyway whatever happens to it

really i'd say remove fz and grapple and leave bg in, would give caster grps a decent chance, but get rid of these 2 mad abilites

Event

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
I can understand albs cause they really are fucked a bit atm but mids have NO right at all to moan about the current state of the game and even less in 1.69. It is not hibs/albs fault if mids are too stupid to use FZ and use both insta aoe stun and insta aoe mez in the first two seconds of the fight and then complain that they lose and it's only because of grapple...

Mid - pull yourselves together peeps
Alb - hope you find some hope soon

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Bodyguard is fine imo, gives casters more surviveability than for a long time. It has also ended the domination of the pure tank gank set up.
nah bg hasn't ended tank grps. its just made it more challenging than f8-stick-mashthebuttonofyourchoice or /assist-stick-mashthebuttonofyourchoice

i love the comedy double-act of a healer and def tank being the last ones standing after u won a fight :D

grapple is the problem not bg.

walkerb

Loyal Freddie
to bad nothing we say here will ever change anything, lots of balance stuff that could be fixed, but seeing what comes with frontiers i think it will be just more fucked up, and since they still havnt nerfed savages i dont see how they are gonna nerf bg/grapple.

nick

Fledgling Freddie
walkerb said:
to bad nothing we say here will ever change anything, lots of balance stuff that could be fixed, but seeing what comes with frontiers i think it will be just more fucked up, and since they still havnt nerfed savages i dont see how they are gonna nerf bg/grapple.

Agreek!

(GRRRRRRRUUWUWUWUWUWUWUWUWUWUWUWW morsan)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Was chain grappled just now on pryd...i mean non stop nearly whole fight vs hib caster group, it really needs looking at, i mean being completely useless during a whole fight is silly.It should have a timer on the target you cast it on, i.e if you cast grapple on a tank, that tank should have 10s timer or so before you can cast again on him/her.

tanks now feel the pain casters have had the whole time. ooh feeling useless for once..

Not that hard to rethink.. and go around grapple, interrupts > 8.

Sheph

Fledgling Freddie
Grapple rawks.

Imo let the grappler cast spells too.

Even better if u make spells interrupt melee.

Oh the wajn when Mythic introduces nice new abilities for us to use.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
I think Wizards should get grapple, on a 30 sec timer :D and SOM deffo Som.

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
FZ is great, bit like uninteruptable 9 secs stun if targetted perfectly. Pathing is a bit bugy on anything other than flat ground though. And its avoidable unless caster times right and target is kinda running straight into you (like lots do). FZ I think is Fantastic. But certainly not devastatingly overpowered. Just good.
not faced any high ml mincers lately then? Total pisstake.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
PJS said:
not faced any high ml mincers lately then? Total pisstake.

aye so fun fighting mincers with fz + insta stun + sos + mezz.
but fz rox... rly.

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
What i think is funny with Grapple, is at the beginning, Thane's were the ML winners with Grapple. Now they nerfed it so Heroes and other tanks is like I WIN! :p

Hmm, deja vu? :p

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
the problem is, minstrels will become stronger as stealther soloer, but weaker as a group member after NF.

Ulkez

Fledgling Freddie
To much crap in ToA imo, lot of ppl got bored with it and quit etc.... or rerolled hib :d

Spear

Fledgling Freddie
If there was a 3rd UK server I would roll hib.
Fed up with being grappled might as well just save myself the time and just sit on the Pad without a necky on.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
The whole idea behind the ML's does not belong in a game like Daoc if u ask me, i find the ML abilitys way too unbalancing and chaotic to the game, even if both side's have access to them.
the ML's should instead have given somthing simple and passive skill's instead, like some % bonus to hit-point's, ability scores, weaponskill, resist, etc.
btw i agree to 1 of the other post's that the "shade form" from shades of mist and any other item ( if any ) that gives this ability, should be removed from game COMPLETELY, leave stealth/stealthlike abilitys to the stealther classes.

Freppe

Fledgling Freddie
Hibs fotm once again like in the past :) and I must say its funny to see those ppl whos been whining for ages now saying basicly, tough luck, try make better grps! to mids/albs just like they have been adviced from the others in the past but been ignoring. Quite funny.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
all this is becomming and excuse for an early morning raid...we are depressed :(

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
Freppe said:
Hibs fotm once again like in the past :) and I must say its funny to see those ppl whos been whining for ages now saying basicly, tough luck, try make better grps! to mids/albs just like they have been adviced from the others in the past but been ignoring. Quite funny.
freppe, you never got hit by a svg train as a hib?
or now you are on mid suddenly you seen the light like shrye and hibs are fotm overpowered and mids have it hard mode right?

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Tzeentch said:
or now you are on mid suddenly you seen the light like shrye and hibs are fotm overpowered and mids have it hard mode right?

/medal

Freppe

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:

Yes i did tzee. Mumin once 1shotted me after getting PR'ed etc. So? Still better than having grapple in this game.

Also yeah tzee, we talked about that before. You know how it is, I rly dont care hib being good and all, like before. But having ppl that are qq'ing so much about svg's and all then being OP in the next patch and still try defend emselves and saying their realm suxs or w/e. Is pure bs, sad ppl, nothing else.

bult

Loyal Freddie
All the people defending grapple are idiots and all my respect i ever had for some of you are gone. Have fun in 1 button mode you seem happy with it.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
bult said:
All the people defending grapple are idiots and all my respect i ever had for some of you are gone. Have fun in 1 button mode you seem happy with it.
/agree
Was playing a guildie's warden last night (for the 1st time). I spent 10 mins sorting out qbars before going RvR, not quite sure why. If I wasnt spamming grapple I was impairing my group. No point having PBT, you're always stunned.

People said savages are 1 button classes. People (myself included) have said PBAoEers are 1 button clasess. People have said pre nerf zerks and SBs were 1 button classes.
None of them were, the only truely 1 button class is a Grappler. (unless you count pressing BG before leaving tk)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom