Grapple Survey.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
dont think there should any ml should be removed, but zephyr/grapple remade

grapple should have no timer on its self stun (so det ppl cant get "easy" stun immunity)

and i also think grapple should have 1min timer on the person getting rooted, just like all cc spells (i also think debuffs and disease should have 1 min timer aswell )

zephyr should have increased timer to 5min or 8min, and removed from healers.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:

grapple should have no timer on its self stun (so det ppl cant get "easy" stun immunity)

and i also think grapple should have 1min timer on the person getting rooted, just like all cc spells (i also think debuffs and disease should have 1 min timer aswell )

that sounds pretty fair :x

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Is it only me, or do i see a split in realms.

Btw, i have to say. As a mid, we only played like 2 weeks? Rvr on excal. And we killed pretty much everything in 1v1 grpfights. Think RR beat us down 3-4 times when they abused grapple at their best way. Anyways DH weren't even done with ToA and lots of other hibguilds.

So i can agree to that my rights to whine as a mid is kinda removed, because i dont think many hibgrps will handle 3+FZ in a skilled grp.

But still, grapple. Nothing else in my whole playtime in daoc have i encountered a more irritating/annoying/bullshit ability/skill/class etc.

It's just unbearable. :p

Anyways, i have been playing mercenary for AD some. And it strikes me, that hibs actually belive (like lot's of mids did with savages etc (maybe including NP)) that they are UBER, they kill ppl like harvesting weat. OMG UBER! with the warden/hero hanging on to a savage/zerk/merc grappling their asses out.
Just cut it. DH / RR can win without grapple. Many of u cannot.

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:

Agreeked

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
bult said:
All the people defending grapple are idiots and all my respect i ever had for some of you are gone. Have fun in 1 button mode you seem happy with it.
That's the problem. It's always the others that are overpowered, when you get an overpowered ability like grapple to yourself, it's skill.
Makes me ashamed to be a Hib, and only makes my hatred against ToA deeper...

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Zzang said:
Anyways, i have been playing mercenary for AD some. And it strikes me, that hibs actually belive (like lot's of mids did with savages etc (maybe including NP)) that they are UBER, they kill ppl like harvesting weat. OMG UBER! with the warden/hero hanging on to a savage/zerk/merc grappling their asses out.
Just cut it. DH / RR can win without grapple. Many of u cannot.
-shrug-
there are fights I know my group should've won and didn't due to overpowered savages/zerkers/healers/bad luck, and there are fights my group's won that we shouldn't have due to overpowered casters/grapple/bodyguard/insta mez/insta lulls
try not to make such sweeping bullshit generalisations, they're about as truthful as saying all mids are overpowered fotm abusing 13 year olds, and all albs are zerging brainless morons.. not really applicable to the majority of people

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
Freppe said:
Yes i did tzee. Mumin once 1shotted me after getting PR'ed etc. So? Still better than having grapple in this game.

Also yeah tzee, we talked about that before. You know how it is, I rly dont care hib being good and all, like before. But having ppl that are qq'ing so much about svg's and all then being OP in the next patch and still try defend emselves and saying their realm suxs or w/e. Is pure bs, sad ppl, nothing else.
point is freppe, im saying people had to be exceptional.. absolutely amazing at rvr and well co-ordinated to take out a svg grp before.

and that svg group only had to be mediocre at best.

that was the problem then, some pl'vled, sc'ed low rr ppl would be a match for almost any group you could throw at them.

i dont think the 'gap' now, is as big as the gap before.

bult

Loyal Freddie
Tzeentch said:
point is freppe, im saying people had to be exceptional.. absolutely amazing at rvr and well co-ordinated to take out a svg grp before.

and that svg group only had to be mediocre at best.

that was the problem then, some pl'vled, sc'ed low rr ppl would be a match for almost any group you could throw at them.

i dont think the 'gap' now, is as big as the gap before.
Its bigger. Prenerf savages was not as overpowered as grapple.

Event

Fledgling Freddie
To zzang and others:

I admit I use grapple - there I feel better already.

Now this doesnt mean I like the state of rvr atm with grapple included. Tbh it is a lame ability which needs serious attention. But are you saying I should remove it from my qb? To attack people directly or indirectly for using an ability at their disposal seems harsh. Lets stick to the fact that it is the ability itself and not the user that is in question. I find it hard to believe that many players have ever deliberately not used an ability they possess so they could feel honourable about rvr. Most who venture into rvr will do what they can to win at any cost. That has been demonstrated throughout the history of daoc and will always be the case until nerfs have or will come into force.

You can only piss with the cock you've got.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Caught inbetween Mid and Hib overpowering patches, are the denziens of Albion.

''Upon entering the realm your new class trainer will hand out 1 training sword/staff and one shield if needs be.
Players will now also recieve one cow bell so that they can rattle when grazing at the AMG in Emain.''

Pre TOA things were relatively balanced, or at least not so unbalanced that a group could beat another balanced group in an even RR fight for example.
sure mids had savages but hibs had their PBAOE and GP and albion could compensate with BOF and good teamplay would generally determine the victor.
Now its boiling down to who has the most Grap+PB or Zephyr + TOA'd tank ability.
And Once more Albion comes up in the shitter. :(

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Stallion said:
tanks now feel the pain casters have had the whole time. ooh feeling useless for once..

Not that hard to rethink.. and go around grapple, interrupts > 8.

There's a difference between being able to fight back and not being able to do anything at all.Yes tanks had it easy, i got an ice wiz i play too(ok he's not high rr but still i have experienced how hard it was for casters), still noway along the lines of chain grappled...

Of course this isn't any player's fault, they can use what abilities they have to win, i mean anyone would.But not seeing how strong it can be, is either being ignorant or lying.(pre nerf savages were stupidly overpowered and still are but you could fight back..if you lived, though vs albs that comment isn't valid)

But then again we are all european players so we can't do anything by whining about it....

nol

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I can tell, no one is defending grapple, everyone knows it's over powered. For over a year now casters have been fodder, religiously running out into emain only to be obliterated by multitudes of boy band tank groups, but suddenly the synchro dyes are getting the same treatment. Suddenly the pyjama wearing elphs don't die so quick :eek:

I see QQ, and tbh I am laughing, and I hope all the thanes are laughing too :D

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
There's a difference between being able to fight back and not being able to do anything at all.Yes tanks had it easy, i got an ice wiz i play too(ok he's not high rr but still i have experienced how hard it was for casters), still noway along the lines of chain grappled...

Of course this isn't any player's fault, they can use what abilities they have to win, i mean anyone would.But not seeing how strong it can be, is either being ignorant or lying.(pre nerf savages were stupidly overpowered and still are but you could fight back..if you lived, though vs albs that comment isn't valid)

its a alot easier now, comming back after a break to EZ mode is not that fun I can garantue you...

problem is we admit it beeing WTFPWNtool4k. Im not in denial like some ppl are... or have been... its just now ppl wake up and realise its not just f8 + stick.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
tanks now feel the pain casters have had the whole time. ooh feeling useless for once..
The goal should be game balance. Being imbalanced and equal ammount of time shouldn't. And if it is, tanks still got quite a few months of being uber for pre-SI.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
stubbe said:
The goal should be game balance. Being imbalanced and equal ammount of time shouldn't. And if it is, tanks still got quite a few months of being uber for pre-SI.

I agree.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
bult said:
Its bigger. Prenerf savages was not as overpowered as grapple.

no offense, but could you be more 1 sided? back when savage grps were fotm, albs had it a hell of a lot better than hibs, you had bof/sos to counter it, we had absoloutly no way of stopping casters getting 1-2shotted, it may be worse for u as u had nowhere near the problem we did vs savage grps, but its totally different in the other realms, mids still got the advantage over hibs, and basically alb got fucked this patch, things change

Lethul

FH is my second home
Fluid said:
no offense, but could you be more 1 sided? back when savage grps were fotm, albs had it a hell of a lot better than hibs, you had bof/sos to counter it, we had absoloutly no way of stopping casters getting 1-2shotted, it may be worse for u as u had nowhere near the problem we did vs savage grps, but its totally different in the other realms, mids still got the advantage over hibs, and basically alb got fucked this patch, things change

actually, no.. when i played Mumin hib groups was WAY harder to kill than an alb group. Most often sos/bof was just a way to lose slower for the albs :p

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
actually, no.. when i played Mumin hib groups was WAY harder to kill than an alb group. Most often sos/bof was just a way to lose slower for the albs :p

AD = random albs? i fink not, theres a fecking huge difference

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:

No idea why didnt mythic completely nerfd svgs <mytich4tehwin...> ? Should have a been a lot better to nerf-svgs to oblivion instead of nerfing ALL offensive tanks in ALL realms to the point where its not fun anymore if you are not a defensive grappl0r boi.
shame :<

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
Imo FZ is fucking shit, it works on the shade as a necro (NOTHING does, just FZ) which means i cant "insta" lifedrain and the most annoying thing is that it completly fucks up ur FOV if u hit any other buttons.

put it on pet like every other fucking effect.... How the hell do u catch a ghost in a fucking fart-wind....

Sheph

Fledgling Freddie
bult said:
All the people defending grapple are idiots and all my respect i ever had for some of you are gone. Have fun in 1 button mode you seem happy with it.

LAL

Sheph

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
/agree
Was playing a guildie's warden last night (for the 1st time). I spent 10 mins sorting out qbars before going RvR, not quite sure why. If I wasnt spamming grapple I was impairing my group. No point having PBT, you're always stunned.

People said savages are 1 button classes. People (myself included) have said PBAoEers are 1 button clasess. People have said pre nerf zerks and SBs were 1 button classes.
None of them were, the only truely 1 button class is a Grappler. (unless you count pressing BG before leaving tk)

even more LAL

Sheph

Fledgling Freddie
Grapple is perfect. Its one for one. I had to fight in a totally unbalanced environment for a year. The nerf was comin and every knew this. Now live with it.

bult

Loyal Freddie
Sheph said:
Grapple is perfect. Its one for one. I had to fight in a totally unbalanced environment for a year. The nerf was comin and every knew this. Now live with it.
lol u are so full of shit.............
Your groups was not underpowered. You really seem like one of those VN savages trying to explain why they are not overpowered. Most high RR savages have brains enough to see that they play an overpowered class but i guess you dont, you are really sad.

Anyone that is trying to defend grapple are big fat idiots too stupid to play this game in the first place.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Sheph said:

rofl :kissit:

Sheph

Fledgling Freddie
bult said:
lol u are so full of shit.............
Your groups was not underpowered. You really seem like one of those VN savages trying to explain why they are not overpowered. Most high RR savages have brains enough to see that they play an overpowered class but i guess you dont, you are really sad.

Anyone that is trying to defend grapple are big fat idiots too stupid to play this game in the first place.

You say i play an overpowered class ?

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
plz give back NP on excal so people see what mids can do in ToA with a few sojourners and a fully ToAed savage in group... guess that would end the grapple whine then

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom