Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
Oh, and this...

bymndragon.JPG

Aaaah, those were the days :)

Thrinnor

Fledgling Freddie
B0wnz said:
1 thing in the beta... my first time in mithra mine and saw 3 guys running run with a cool looking cloak on , thought wow i want 1, asked where they got it from , they said "its a quest item , u get it from nob the stable boy at xx place" after much hunting me and 2 friends find it and do the quest and die to the mob we get the cloak from :p
so we lvl up a bit more then went and got our nice cool red cloak!
but soon all albs had the same cloak!
everywhere u went alb witht he same cloak as u :p

Which also led to the immortal joke of....

Where you off to?
I'm off to Nob the Stableboy.....

always makes me laugh :>

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Bym said:
In Midgard:
Being able to find a group that you could have a good laugh with, and weren't about all about power levelling (and no throwing silly tantrums when a death occurred)!

Hitting a purple mob to find out how hard it was, was normally certain death. Don’t think it ever stopped us though:)

Carnalito

One of Freddy's beloved
Sycho said:
I miss:

-No ra's
-No sc
-No savages
-When people were actually nice to each other and took game less seriously
-Playing in groups which didn't have to be the best available to compete
-First week of Darkness Falls now that was pretty cool
-Tepok's Mine event rocked xD

Old daoc is certainly A LOT better than now :(

amen on that m8

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
Remember lvl'ing my SB.. when mobs around x-road in DF were all orange and i got killed by Kreig a dozen times the same night in DF.. the days where u lvl'ed in Spindel by sneaking down to scavroom in stealth and yelling LFG for an hour before some kind ppl's let a SB in their grp.. later on signing up for a Malmo grp.. waiting half the night without getting grp cause nobody wanted SB's in malmo grp's.. well.. wasn't all that bad as i make it sound, but really had a hard time lvl'ing that SB.. got lvl 50 and got rr5 wearing epic.. then I made a hunter hehe.. SB is still wearing epic tho..

But it was a fun time.. the days in emain where groups were made at mpkE by shouting LFG.. didn't need to be uber outfitted to have fun then.. grouped alot with Stunned (still miss that guy) and pip and had a great time in emain then..

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Morpheous said:
I remember helping Sycho get his 50 epic. I remember seeing Zarff and thinking he was easy RPs - how foolish that was. I remember fighting SBs just after the RA patch and the winner was usually the last one to IP. I remember Boney and Blaen helping me do a Legion hunt, just cause they were nice. I remember when Easy was the first 50 Armsman on the server. I remember RvR at lvl 17, getting twatted by Cuba and Plankton. I remember Hrod dinging 1million rps. I remember hrod b4 teh pink. I remember a one-man guild called <Public Enemy> .... what was that annoying friar called again? I remember everyone dissing mckfly and najwa. Oh Najwa, you were the best. Gods of Albion, Lost Souls, Eye of Odin.

Sheesh, now I feel old. I shudder to think how many afternoons/evenings I stood beside the tree camps, asking how many ppl were on the 'list'. I remember trying to keep a list <wince>.

So, game is not what it used to be, but neither is nostalgia ;)

I remember paying you 1p for a ring of malice, when it was one of the best rings. :p

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
When i was about 45th or something, and our alliance had taken and claimed DC :)

About 40 people from Templars, Phoenix Legion, Griffons and Dragon Senate were inside there at the end, after we had beaten back countless assaults by both mids and hibs, massively outnumbered, for about 5 hours we held it. When it was decided it was time to go home, everyone fighting lined up at the gatekeeper, the casters and archers on the walls - Aeth, Cas and Laird called the charge and we tore out, and even though we were outnumbered, the CC was amazing, and the teamwork was formidable.

I think thats the only time i've fought on a mixed Albion force, and EVERYONE worked as a team, and it paid off... still grin at the screenie i took as we left, Templar banner swaying in the wind :)

+++

Lairds naked birthday charge through Mithra

+++

Camaron Saga, with the spirits at the broken bridge, the root under camelot... it was all pretty spectacular back then...

+++

First time i beat Belxavier in Hadrians wall - That made the score about 4,210,129 / 1 in Bel's favor... hmm...

+++

Just making it to Hadrians wall at only 19 seasons, over and over again, to sit watch out...

dems the good ol days :D

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
i miss the time before TOA came out, RVR was perfectly balanced nearly at that time. I also miss alot of people from my 1st guild Utopia in alb :/

oh well..

and remi, u'll like warlocks

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
discovering what a mfking bitch the king and queen in TG are to fight. Took us something stupid like 6 hours to take them down the first time >.<

Jaff

Fledgling Freddie
Leveling my polearmswoman Seoma in Angels of Vengeance, was in a hut group with sycho.. cant remember anyone else, but.. we all got rather bored so he took us to emain with his theurg and we chased a zerker and eventually caught him <3 not suprising with theurg speed in heinsight but i didnt know about that at the time :D
first ever rvr experiance, zerged the fooker.. but i enjoyed it none the less!

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Being lvl 5 with my elementalist in Lethantis, trying to get to camelot on foot, scared outta my mind of the mobs that were lurking around in the woods, because at the time a few silver for a horse ticket was everything I had, and thinking *Oh crap where do I go now* when I first entered Salisbury plains :D

Oh and when I first used a pet, and it made that weird noise when it died, I was throwing the mouse around to see if zombies or something wre attacking me :)

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Well my first trip to BG1 is stuck in my head for the rest of my life. My system couldn't handle a hero in moose mode, or a zerker zerked .. so all i got was a big white thing shapped sorta like moose... I had never seen this before.. so there was me and my bro both playing friars .... get jumped by a bard and hero ... we bash away ... then the here goes into mossey i get freaked out so i run away ... i then hear my brother screaming .. "get and and whack him .. he only does that on low health" so in a ran , as i got there my brother dies and i beat both hibbies , rezz my bro and leg it back to the ck ...

That and my first trip to DF ... didn't know about it , but some very smart gl decided that it would a uber place for xp ... and any chance i get now i'm in there with any of my toons.

I hated tree grps , so i used to solo alot in barrows ( Druid room) and it was uber , also when bored i go back to whacking the bejesus out of vigi's ( I lvl'd there alot with puppetmistress) then SI came out and i was lvl 49 ... only had my 48 epic to do.
Took 3 days for the enraged bwca to spawn .. got him and dinged 50 , my first one =)..

but bring back the old style rvr .. no b00f b00ts, i really enjoyed those days .. where as now if a sb jumps me i do try but i usualy have /release ready :(

duran.3d

Fledgling Freddie
Lots of great memories in this thread.

But there's some place where you can still feel a bit like in the old days: THIDRANKI!: No RR11 chars, no TOA items, no ML's, almost everybody wearing crapy to regular armour, no overpowered chars and not having to run thru several maps to find some action.

Maybe that's why I still enjoy thidranki a lot. More that the L50 RvR actually. And the reason why when most plp I know get bored, they log an alter to enter the old bg1 to have some fun.

Niar

Fledgling Freddie
First RvR memory ever of among others getting ganked by sinisters purple con pet in snowdonia trying to flank him, and xp:ing with by brother Korebwyn in snowdonia then we see skald, namely Enki speeding forward to us stunning me and destroy kore and after that me, and the countless encounters with rowenna, waylander, thing, sinister, blood etc.. awesome :)

Frubly

Fledgling Freddie
When I used to be a middy (pryd release) my first memory of rvr that stuck in my mind was when charlina, paldius, side, herra and I went to druim ligen. We knew there was about 30 hibbys out there but we couldn't find them.

I got separated from the others and then ran into all the hibbys all grey with about 2 greens. I had all of them beating on me and my health was going down very slowly but I couldn't find the rest of the guys I was trying to give directions in group while running with a train of hibbys after me but I died.

I probably could have cast through their hits and mjol'ed them all but I didn’t know that back then :m00:

Those were the days :)

Eynar

Fledgling Freddie
I sure miss the old days too...especially with my good old skald...God rest his soul! :(

Jjuraa

Banned
Thrinnor said:
Which also led to the immortal joke of....

Where you off to?
I'm off to Nob the Stableboy.....

always makes me laugh :>

Thrinnor! man i havnt seen you for years... since start of retail i think :( remember the good times in emain in beta :D

"FSSS CHAMPION COMMANDER INC RUN RUN RUN RUN"

Aevar was killed by Champion Commander!
Psi was killed by Champion Commander!
Volkmar was killed by Champion Commander!
Vyncenze was killed by Champion Commander!
Dtm was killed by Champion Commander!
Licker was killed by Champion Commander!

50 Killspams later

Thrinnor "Fs heal i can take him!
Thrinnor was killed by Champion Commander!

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
i rememeber the screenshots from an NP SB shady who penetrated till deep into lyonesse and made screenshots of outlaw at the entrance to barrows on Alb excal. That was really funny ;). After that mythic patched the game so stealthers could not stealth through the Border keeps nemore. Any chance those screenshots are somewhere on the nolby archives ? ;)

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
hah I remember that fungus :)

I also remember the very first keep take in Closed Beta on Excal. Also the first Relic Raid on Mid/Pry also the days of Blej & Azal being the tactical/power overlords of the time....

Also the malmo groups and other things I do remember ^_^

Spind was funny due to play a Aug/Mend shaman back then "36 Aug/Mend Shaman LFG" Instant group ;)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Iceforge said:
I started abit late, end november 2002, and on December the 8 i believe, a Dragon Raid FFA-Christmas style was arranged and everyone could come, I came with my at that time lvl 8 or 11 hunter (hehe, i'm unsure about a few things) and it was great fun, with self-writen christmas carols, all in red hats, people doing the HAMSTER-DANCE on stones in malmo entrance

You mean this?
dragonraid.jpg

That was fun. There's been loads of great events though, from the GOA lag campaigns, day-to-day Wretch of Winter-style "big" events to the weekly events we used to do as an alliance (NE). Lots of good memories.

Niar said:
the countless encounters with rowenna, waylander, thing, sinister, blood etc.. awesome
Some of them here;
X_midgardcabaret3.jpg

I ate these words;
Whatitwaslikeatthestart.jpg

My 1st Relic Raid.
relic_raid_2.jpg

Most of all I miss all the different people I spent time with, and having buddies around to group with randomly. It all boiled into more organised stuff instead. I would say that Spellcrafting was a real turning point in people's attitudes on the whole. Bots were the real killer blow I suppose, after that I was paddling against the current.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
Best way to put it, fun is something rare these days.

I miss:

Old pals like Negura, Gerula, Davey, Obsessive, Dragons of the North, the original Aesirs Blade line up, Delacia and many more gone to pastures new or far, far away.

fun.

No need to miss us Whoodoo, some of us are still around :)

//Laand.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Charging the zerg of Mids at AMG Emain with only Shike (in his original armsman incarnation) for company, whilst the rest of the Albs watched and then ran back to APK. Would happen time-after-time.

Going into Darkness Falls when it first opened, having no map and no idea what we were doing but - with a perfectly balanced group, something that didn't happen all that often in the early days - getting very deep into it.

Finding my way solo to the Mid side of DF where I met a small group of Mids who were all on low health after fighting a mob. Killed all four of them and got lots of pm's from Albs "Way to go!" etc. No RP's but that was rarely the point.

Tangler camps doing the spawn /dance.

Roo/Oro is right that we have rose tinted spectacles about the past, but a game is always most fun when it's newness and shiness is intact. Like most other people I didn't like the change to gank groups, RP whores and 1337 attitudes.

Made the game new for myself by playing in the USA for a while after quitting Prydwen and enjoyed some fun moments there - being in the first group to do ML 1-5 on Hib/Palomides, before deciding that playing till 4 am every weekday was not such a good idea :p

Glad to see so many of the old guard still about *wave*

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe when this thread was made I hadn't told many about Oro.

Wow Svart that Christmas dragon raid pic brings back some memories. I remember spamming people in the days leading up to it and egging people on to prepare limericks. The 'carol singing' was a hoot. Only managed to persuade a few to do it, but as the evening wore on more and more people were coming up with DAoC related Christmas limericks on the spot :)
Most of Fedaykin wore green and red for the night. Back then a DF staff was a big prezzie :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom