Good call Belgium

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Seriously when will some of you get off your soap boxes and show a little compassion..... There is way more to being over weight than over eating, I should know, I really have been there..... I was 150 kg, currently I'm chubbier than I would like ( not 150kg, but not where I'd like to be) and the reason I'm struggling with some internal demons... She could make a massive difference to a nation if she chooses, gumbo is correct, however her head needs to be in the right place.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Chunky people there is a cure! Go to your doctors tell him/her you have migraines get them to refer you to a neurologist and ask for a drug called Topiramate - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topiramate

It has fucking ruined my urge for all the things I craved, my favourite pizza place no longer get's called, I just can't be bothered, it is very strange indeed and when you start eating you can't be bothered after a few mouth fulls.

I guess what I am trying to say is I think eating disorders whether eating too much or too little are obviously all in peoples heads so compassion is needed. I smoke, I don't need to, but I am brain washed by...well....my brain telling me I need another because the nicotine levels have dropped. Same with food I guess. I hate that you should be this or you should be that according to society, if people are rotund then yes they could have a problem but that doesn't mean they are dicks, they could be, look at Maxwell.........erm........I'm going somewhere differently. Anyway the behemoth in the first post is probably going to be very good at the job and she could have a health/mental issue so perhaps lets not judge.

Chilly

Balls of steel
As a reforming fatty (155kg -> 107kg so far), I can appreciate how hard it is to change your head and get motiated to lose weight. Before I lost any weight, I'd essentially get stuck in a mental rut of "I can never lose this weight, so it doesn't matter if I put more on by eating this second pizza" type thinking. Once you get into that mode of thought you are totally and utterly fucked and getting out of it is spectacularly hard. To Scouse - I think you need to shut the fuck up, frankly. Yeah, to lose weight you eat less and do more. We all know this, it's simple. I do it. It works. But being that fat is a symptom of mental problems as well as motivational ones.

I had a discussion about this with my gf the other night. It went along the lines of "but I eat what I want and I stay this weight". I then pointed out to her that's because what she WANTS to eat is correct. She was brought up properly and spent her life eating correctly. So she does eat exactly what she wants, including sweets and cake, but all in the right amounts because her mind and body are in tune. Me, on the other hand, WANTS to eat everything I can see. If I eat what I want, I put on 4kg a week until I die. To get from where I am to where what I want to eat is correct is probably impossible, so I have to spend my entire life fighting my desires. THAT is the bit that life long normal weight people simply do not and cannot understand (unless they've had an addiction to something like fags or strong drugs, but there's fuck all stigma in that compared to being a fat cunt).

Anyway, she is massively over weight and a strange choice for health minister, but that's no reason to bring out the schoolyard chants.

Trem

Also, this is more important. USE STONE AND POUNDS YOU BUNCH OF FRENCHY LOVING FUCKS :eek:

I don't know if it is a triumph if you lost 7 million kg's in a week, I can't say well done to that, that could weigh the same as a Kinder egg, use correct weight talk you wankers :eek:

I blame bloody teedles and his kind for this....

*walks off mumbling*

Getting fat in the first place is your own fault. End of.

So the babies being fed McDonalds are at fault are they? Don't be a cabbage.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
As a reforming fatty (155kg -> 107kg so far), I can appreciate how hard it is to change your head and get motiated to lose weight. Before I lost any weight, I'd essentially get stuck in a mental rut of "I can never lose this weight, so it doesn't matter if I put more on by eating this second pizza" type thinking. Once you get into that mode of thought you are totally and utterly fucked and getting out of it is spectacularly hard. To Scouse - I think you need to shut the fuck up, frankly. Yeah, to lose weight you eat less and do more. We all know this, it's simple. I do it. It works. But being that fat is a symptom of mental problems as well as motivational ones.

I had a discussion about this with my gf the other night. It went along the lines of "but I eat what I want and I stay this weight". I then pointed out to her that's because what she WANTS to eat is correct. She was brought up properly and spent her life eating correctly. So she does eat exactly what she wants, including sweets and cake, but all in the right amounts because her mind and body are in tune. Me, on the other hand, WANTS to eat everything I can see. If I eat what I want, I put on 4kg a week until I die. To get from where I am to where what I want to eat is correct is probably impossible, so I have to spend my entire life fighting my desires. THAT is the bit that life long normal weight people simply do not and cannot understand (unless they've had an addiction to something like fags or strong drugs, but there's fuck all stigma in that compared to being a fat cunt).

Pretty much exactly the same as what I've been through. I took ownership of it, starting doing a high intensity form of yoga eight weeks ago (as well as reforming a lot of my eating habits) and have lost a stone and dropped a jean size (36->34) in that time as well. I was wearing size 38 wasit jeans around two years ago too. The hardest part is recognising that you have an issue, for sure, and then mentally getting yourself in a place to do something about it.

For anyone who, like me, has bad joints (history of family hip problems and two bollocksed knees from football as a kid then ~10 years of skateboarding) I couldn't recommend the yoga programme I do enough. I do 3-5 20-45 minute (times vary on the intensity of the workout) sessions a week and you would not believe how much you sweat doing it. It's the kind of thing you can breeze through if you decide to kid yourself and not put the effort in, so it requires a lot of effort on your end, but the rewards speak for themselves. When I'm done with the 13 week (I think it is) cycle I'm on, I'll post some before and after pictures. Beside the aesthetic side of it as well, I feel fucking great. I'm fitter, healthier, happier, less stressed and I can almost touch my toes for the first time in probably about 15 years. :p

Trem

Here's the thing I see. Some people are fat because they are idle, sit around, eat too much, don't want to work/move/care the one's who get mobility scooters for their *ahem* disability are the one's I am on about. I know people like that and I know that they just do not want to work. Then you have the people who genuinely hate that they need to eat, my wife for one, she is a size 10 bottom half and size 12 top half because of her boobs and is in no way big, not at all but she really struggles. The slightest thing makes her reach for the cupboard to grab something to eat and she hates that and she knows it is a problem. Then there are the people who do have the actually bodily problem, gland problem, I know nothing about them so meh.

Himse you are referring to the first kind of people, hence you will get quite a lot of shit for the rest of this thread, I think you will find that the most of the chunkier Freddys are the second or third kind of people.

Me, I smoke, drink and love codeine, I'm 6'4" and just under 16 stone now and none of my clothes fit me anymore and I am starting to look ill because of these fucking pills (Topiramate). We all have our demons.

Edited to clarify which pills, I aren't a fucking smackhead :eek:

Last edited:

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I don't exercise, I lead quite a sedentary lifestyle (I do bike from time to time, but not enough to count).

I eat what I want, when I want. I have no schedule for meals (If i'm hungry, I eat). I am also a smoker. I don't control what I eat, but I don't do McDonalds daily, or have oily, fat drenched meals.

I don't do sweets. At all. All my sugar intake consists of the two sugars in my cappucino, each morning. It's not that I have chosen not to do sweets, I simply do not crave them. I know, people tell me how lucky I am all the time.

I am 36 now, and have been living the above since 8-9 years (smoking for 18 years). All I do is sit at work, sit at home in front of the PC, except when i go out (once or twice a week).

My weight before this sedentary lifestyle started was 50kg (I'm 1.73 m in height). Yeah, I was too thin.

My current weight is 72kg. A bit much for my taste, but I look normal. Obligatory touristeee pic attached.

Considering all this, it's very hard for me to understand and/or grasp the concept of "It's not my fault i'm fat".

Attachments

• DSC02145.JPG
    DSC02145.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 26

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
This is Belgium's new minister for health, Margarette De Block:

View attachment 20920

Crude jokes aside, how on earth can someone who's let go of herself so far possibly be enthusiastic about health?

I had a laugh about this as well, mainly because my wife is Belgian, my wife was just like... what the fuck are they thinking?

Trem

Codine is cool :). On 15/500 co codamol atm.
Oh man, that's a babies dose :) I'm on 50/500.

It's very addictive shit though so be careful, it's the paracetamol that is the worrying thing what seems to get glossed over, that shit can fuck your liver so quickly. Too much Codeine also stops you from breathing so that's probably quite bad as well.

:D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Oh man, that's a babies dose :) I'm on 50/500.

It's very addictive shit though so be careful, it's the paracetamol that is the worrying thing what seems to get glossed over, that shit can fuck your liver so quickly. Too much Codeine also stops you from breathing so that's probably quite bad as well.

:D
Hehe well it kinda constipates you so not sure I want 50 lol. Taking two 15's is ok for me atm. Not all the time mind

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Can we not have a button for 'complete fucking retard please'

And one that says "absolve me of my responsibilities" whilst we're at it, eh?

I do sympathise with people who are fat. I also have massive respect for those who lose weight as I know it's not easy. But I didn't lose my own excess weight (5 stone of it) until I quit whining and took charge of my own situation. It's why I don't mince words.

I'm not nasty - I'm just up front and not couching what I mean to avoid people feeling bad because of their reaction to plainly stated un-emotional facts.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
tumblr_mw590mV4yB1rmin5no1_400.gif

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
And one that says "absolve me of my responsibilities" whilst we're at it, eh?

I do sympathise with people who are fat. I also have massive respect for those who lose weight as I know it's not easy. But I didn't lose my own excess weight (5 stone of it) until I quit whining and took charge of my own situation. It's why I don't mince words.

I'm not nasty - I'm just up front and not couching what I mean to avoid people feeling bad because of their reaction to plainly stated un-emotional facts.

Nah, you're often pretty nasty because you still hate the fat you that used to exist and you've never gotten over it. Work with a guy who is exactly the same way, he's a lot worse than you mind.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Nah, you're often pretty nasty because you still hate the fat you that used to exist and you've never gotten over it. Work with a guy who is exactly the same way, he's a lot worse than you mind.

Are you sure it's not just because Scouse is a massive labia?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nah, you're often pretty nasty because you still hate the fat you that used to exist and you've never gotten over it.

I don't think so. I just found it more helpful when people were up front with me - there's no hiding when your mates call you a bloater. You can either get pissy about it if you don't like it or you can lose the weight and they can no longer call you a bloater - in fact just the opposite - people tend to be full of compliments.

The other alternative is that people just call you fat behind your back whilst you pretend they're not saying it. It's why someone in this thread said "it's mean calling her fat even though she doesn't read this thread". It's not mean to her - all it does is expose the lies fat people tell themselves - people are talking behind your back.

Choose to live in reality. It works...

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
There's being up front and then there's being a cunt. I know better than to expect you to see it any other way though. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There's being up front and then there's being a cunt. I know better than to expect you to see it any other way though. :)

Well, if being a cunt is not putting up with people going "there's more ways to get fat than eating too much" then I'm a cunt. :)

Edit: I was thinking about this last night. I've held myself back from calling some people I know on their shocking weight gain. It'd just upset them.

But this is the internet. And more than that this is a discussion forum. You've got to expect people to hold back less because it's part of the very reason people come here. You want to know what people think for real? Come here. Don't get angry when you don't like what they think - discuss with them why, talk to them, debate.

Last edited:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I don't understand the issue. The person is supposed to be a good administrator. As long as this criteria is fulfilled, who gives a shit what she looks like?

Embattle

FH is my second home
I have no idea if this woman has a medical condition or not, although my own family is a prime example of a person that does have a medical condition and a person that doesn't with both being about 5'6 in height:

My lovely mother at the moment weighs about 15.5 stone (98kg) on average but in her late 40s she was the perfect weight for her height she ate well and was an active person. One day she was rushed to hospital since she seemed to be suffering a number of issues such as being very hyperactive, a rapid heart beat, etc. which was eventually found to be an overactive thyroid and in turn resulted in a hospital stay for a while to monitor her. The outcome after a while was she was to have what I believe is called Radioiodine treatment, however rather than destroying a part of the they did too much so now she has an underactive thyroid and thus she is on just enough drugs to correct it to the required level. So she eats better than any one else I know, generally fruit and vegetables easily surpassing the guideline of 5 pieces, it and is still very active sadly it makes utterly no difference to her weight.

My sister however is 19.4 stone (123kg) and her case is probably what has and always will make up the majority of people who are over weight, she simply eats too much and doesn't do any real exercise thus she is classified as morbidly obese. In past years we've all tried to get her to do things such as cycling at the same time as diet but it just hasn't worked and now she has a number of other related health problems such as a hiatus hernia which has caused associated problems such as reflux etc. It is now highly likely she will be having weight loss surgery and at the same time they will fix the hernia.

It's sad that people just seem to ignore the harsh reality is we are what we consume from what we eat, drink, breath and the realisation can often come to late for many people to change their life style because they tend to always think it will happen to someone else. I'm happy for my sister that she may finally get some where and eventually lose weight and be able to exercise but at the same time I'm also sad since I feel she could of done more to help herself. I always feel for my mum most because she does get down over the fact no matter what she does her weight just won't shift.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well she looks like a planet made from ham. Therefore, she's going to find it more difficult to relate with people who don't look like a planet made from ham.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't understand the issue. The person is supposed to be a good administrator. As long as this criteria is fulfilled, who gives a shit what she looks like?

You lead by example.

If you're health minister and you look like that then even your good words are going to be ignored by large sections of the populations.

Can you imagine her kicking off an "eat healthily and exercise" campaign and being taken seriously?

Edit: Or what Tom said :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lol you guys. I hope your world of ripped, genius, triathlete, humanitarian, politician, doctor, engineer architects is pleasant :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
lol you guys. I hope your world of ripped, genius, triathlete, humanitarian, politician, doctor, engineer architects is pleasant :)

You silly Dutch person, she has only studied medicine, and has been a general practitionerfor a measly 25 years..What could she possibly know about health?
You know damn well that all health issues begin and end with beeing thin and fit!

It's about looking good and leading by example, damnit man, fuck off back to the 60's you hippie!!!
Knowlage, experience and skills clearly have to take a secondary position It's the way of the future as it's intended it to be!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Not saying it's right - intellectual capacity isn't indicated by your waistline. In fact, I'd argue that if you spend your time on intellectual pursuits it may not leave a lot of time for exercise.

However, image matters hugely in the world of politics...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom