GOA want to balance servers.... RIGHT

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i played camlann for a bit. i didnt really like it, but i was bored of the normal servers at the time. i gave as good as i got to the asshats though.

i agree that if there werent so many asshats on the server killing everything grey (this DOES happen, its not greens, its greys.), the server might stand a chance. but thats not the case. the ruleset draws asshats to it. and bonedancers.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
haarewin said:
the ruleset draws asshats to it

Think you summed it up there. By no means everyone who plays on Camlann in an asshole, but it has a higher asshole-per-player ratio than other servers. Sadly for Camlann, this rectal quality is manifested in a way that kills the server itself.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
By no means everyone who plays on Camlann in an asshole, but it has a higher asshole-per-player ratio than other servers.

I would say not true. Only reason you see lower ration of people being "stuiped" is that you can pm anyone here. A normal server would be same amout of flaming/trash talking as camlann if you could PM ppl of the other realms. Only reason/way you see this is over arti argues and simular on the normal servers. :touch:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Svartmetall said:
log in, /lvl, and get immediately (as in while the 'ding' graphic is still dissipating) get PA'd by TWO stealthers. Who then proceed to /rude and /laugh at my corpse.

this is because when your lvl 20-28 you get good xp of a fresh /20

a lvl 20 who kills someone worth will get 1 or more bubs of xp so all /20's die

the simple way is to get to lvl 5, take safety off and smack a bd pet. when you die do Rel City....i can understand rvr ppl not knowing about this command unless told otherwise.

one your in the city you continue to get your 15 lvl's with no con loss and you can get your free armour etc.

ppl will always kill the /20's as its a sure fire war to get some nice xp before someone else ganks them

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
I would say not true. Only reason you see lower ration of people being "stuiped" is that you can pm anyone here. A normal server would be same amout of flaming/trash talking as camlann if you could PM ppl of the other realms. Only reason/way you see this is over arti argues and simular on the normal servers. :touch:

Sums it up perfectly, there was as big % morons on Pryd both before Playing Camlann and in the period we went back to play a bit again.

The ruleset is a totally different story but no one forces anyone to play Cam. Its not really hard to avoid the hotspots....not even in TOA.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Nedo said:
Its not really hard to avoid the hotspots....not even in TOA.

If you can't avoid them then explor.... Its a big big world and if you can't find a exp spot that good or very good on a server that got about 500 people totally and most are around citys in toa, capitals, housing, goth or aegir then you really need to use your legs.
:flame:

oo and vinterzz give me your stuff :cheers:

Jaison X

Fledgling Freddie
i played camlann to be out of the zergs and feel the fg vs fg all the time, or the small grp fun.

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
My last experience of Camlann: log in, /lvl, and get immediately (as in while the 'ding' graphic is still dissipating) get PA'd by TWO stealthers. Who then proceed to /rude and /laugh at my corpse. Rinse and repeat.

1) /level, get 5
2) /safety off
3) attack random purple 190132839
4) /release city
5) finish leveling and training in peace, grab your gear and get going

Not that hard to be honest...

Yoshimo

Fledgling Freddie
tbh they only get annoyied with camlann out of frustration, they are big shots on there home servers and decide they are bored so decide to log on to camlann with big shot attitude. they get swiftly put in there place and are all like: "you cant do that, don't you know who i am!!!". response:" yeah your a free 70 silver", thanks mr big shot now run along back to the zerg servers with your tail tucked between your legs for a few hours. twice the pride, twice the fall ftw :flame:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
About a year ago, a bunch of us from the Templars decided to have a guild outing and we all made characters on Camlann, all starting at level 1 and xping up together. We had seven dwarfs and a troll (and that was our guild name Some Dwarfs and a Troll) all running around outside Mularn exping up together. The whole time we had a group of level 50s following us, waiting till we got to level 10 and our safety flags would disappear. It's that kind of experience and retarded attitude that's killing your server.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
tbh they only get annoyied with camlann out of frustration, they are big shots on there home servers and decide they are bored so decide to log on to camlann with big shot attitude. they get swiftly put in there place and are all like: "you cant do that, don't you know who i am!!!". response:" yeah your a free 70 silver", thanks mr big shot now run along back to the zerg servers with your tail tucked between

dunno i dont think experienced high rr players that give camlann a crack would say that, more like "fuck this for a game of conkorz"

i always found camlann a bit retarded but I never played on it for more than a few hours, just instantly knew it wasnt for me.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Camlann population has more to do with the way you get treated on the server than anything else - I have tried to start there, get ganked as soon as immunity wears off, and then get continually ganked until I have zero constitution. With no money cos you cant leave town - means can't get that con back, so end up with 100 hp - no chance. Sadly the idiots that play on it see you as a legit target. Then the same idiots come here and moan that ppl are leaving the server.

As for the clustering - you voted for it - or the majority did - so its coming, live with it or leave.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Yoshimo said:
thanks mr big shot now run along back to the zerg servers with your tail tucked between your legs for a few hours. twice the pride, twice the fall ftw :flame:
This is exactly the attitude that makes most people, even those who are RvR-experienced, shy away from your server. I'm sorry, but I rest my case. What makes you think you Camlann players are not afflicted by the same disease, being all high and mighty in your own sandbox of choice?

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
A) Camlann
Treating new players as free money and realm points kills for more than 90% of the starters any further interest in even trying.
Yes, that's the ruleset - but whining about loosing population while making any newcomers unwelcome is not the way to gain new players.
So I agree with the others - a lot of Camlann players kill their server with their attitude.
As they make not a high percentage of paying customers it is a business area that can be neglected - the impact of loosing subs here isn't big on the bottomline. After all business is business. GOA doesn't run the servers due to providing free play.

B) Clustering
Quoting active players is not the right way. Quoting active RvR players is.
Now a quick look on these give following picture atm (toons, not players here):
Excal 676 (37.87%) 574 (32.16%) 535 (29.97%) 1 785
Pryd 476 (37.78%) 442 (35.08%) 342 (27.14%) 1 260
The one thing very obvious here is that Mid as a realm is dying. Unless Mythic and GOA come up with a plan the 3 realm servers will be soon a 2 realm game. While DAOC will go on for a few years it won't have much attraction for new players - this will kill DAOC more surely than any perceived nerfs.

Clustering is a band aid, not a fix.

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Camlann is the most hardest server to play on successively. Lots of griefers looming all around starting zones and portals etc. Just like as so many ppl have already in this thread told.

There are the flamers, there are the chain-rez-killers, there are all the bad ppl. Just like as so many ppl have already in this thread told.

Seems like the list of negative stuff is endless.

But what is the thing some of us still wanna play there and we don't feel we belong to these negatively described ppl and why are we defending the server that seemingly needs nothing but HDD quick formatting?

Let me tell my personal story on the way Camlann has worked out for me.

I used to play on Excal/Hib when I started this game, straight after open beta of the game got released. We had good group playing w/irl-friends of mine and we were part of good guild. But the opening of Camlann was the most anticipated event for my group and when it happened, we went there.

Quickly it came clear the way things work out there: you must have wit to survive. Leveling characters in normal areas known from Excal was shere suicide all the time. Therefore we needed to do something different. Travelling sometimes long journeys to places where no other players (besides us) was seen in many days we got ourself up and finally to level 50.

Sure, we got ganked, we got wiped, we got chained sometimes too. We got angry sends, KoS threads etc etc etc... But we just didn't care. We enjoyed our freedom to form a group containing characters from all realms and travelling to any place in any realm to do what we want and when we desired so. We enjoyed the freedom to measure our strength in tactics while attacking on other group or defending ourselves when being attacked.

Things have had ups and downs, but still I personally think that I'd rather play on Camlann if the servers population would be bigger. The times when Camlann's population was around 1000 @ primetime was the golden days when there was lots of FG vs FG battles everywhere in all realms and the intensity was something you can NEVER feel on normal servers RvR...

Some attention from GM's to Camlann, some fine adjustment to rulesets and perhaps something nice (equipment/money/something) for new starting players there... Well, it'd start the server live up again.

On the final note I wish to tell my views the ways to play in Camlann which are two:

1) Gankfest

In gankfest you used to go to mag Mell and start (trying) killing con blue to orange players, for RP's and/or money. There you got the sends, the wipes, the chains... You name it. But still this gameplay style has the place for it. Normally drunken or just for kicks. Not really the constant way of playing because it gets boring.

2) Normal playing

Well, my story was this way of playing. Read it and you might get a picture what playing in Camlann is... Imho Camlann's normal playing style is where all the heroes are and where the glory of the battle has a REAL meaning.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Varmuus said:
Camlann is the most hardest server to play on successively. Lots of griefers looming all around starting zones and portals etc. Just like as so many ppl have already in this thread told.

There are the flamers, there are the chain-rez-killers, there are all the bad ppl. Just like as so many ppl have already in this thread told.

But what is the thing some of us still wanna play there and we don't feel we belong to these negatively described ppl and why are we defending the server that seemingly needs nothing but HDD quick formatting?

I used to play on Excal/Hib when I started this game, straight after open beta of the game got released. We had good group playing w/irl-friends of mine and we were part of good guild. But the opening of Camlann was the most anticipated event for my group and when it happened, we went there.

Quickly it came clear the way things work out there: you must have wit to survive. Leveling characters in normal areas known from Excal was shere suicide all the time. Therefore we needed to do something different. Travelling sometimes long journeys to places where no other players (besides us) was seen in many days we got ourself up and finally to level 50.

Sure, we got ganked, we got wiped, we got chained sometimes too. We got angry sends, KoS threads etc etc etc... But we just didn't care. We enjoyed our freedom to form a group containing characters from all realms and travelling to any place in any realm to do what we want and when we desired so. We enjoyed the freedom to measure our strength in tactics while attacking on other group or defending ourselves when being attacked.

Things have had ups and downs, but still I personally think that I'd rather play on Camlann if the servers population would be bigger. The times when Camlann's population was around 1000 @ primetime was the golden days when there was lots of FG vs FG battles everywhere in all realms and the intensity was something you can NEVER feel on normal servers RvR...

Some attention from GM's to Camlann, some fine adjustment to rulesets and perhaps something nice (equipment/money/something) for new starting players there... Well, it'd start the server live up again.

On the final note I wish to tell my views the ways to play in Camlann which are two:

1) Gankfest

In gankfest you used to go to mag Mell and start (trying) killing con blue to orange players, for RP's and/or money. There you got the sends, the wipes, the chains... You name it. But still this gameplay style has the place for it. Normally drunken or just for kicks. Not really the constant way of playing because it gets boring.

2) Normal playing

Well, my story was this way of playing. Read it and you might get a picture what playing in Camlann is... Imho Camlann's normal playing style is where all the heroes are and where the glory of the battle has a REAL meaning.

you sir get a reputation point.....nice post.

a long while back it was alot more fun for the lower levels, magmell and ardee always had ppl there, always seemed to be the casters favourite due to the mass area to kite ppl.

aegir was were the groups always formed, a few ppl would fight then after decide to group, jump the odd red con inf whilst he was attacking someone else.

gothwaite was allways cool, the 50's were down in the town and the lowbies would hang out inthe castle hiding behind the tents or waiting to hear the chime when a new /20 was being made.

domnann....wow for a stealther this was the place to be, if u were on low hp you just hid in a tree, always find someone's buff bot hidden there and laugh when you make 100rp's at lvl 20. always full of the /20 hib classes....luri's with no armour and 60 con were always bottom of the food chain.

cotswold+pryd keep....wow this was where pvp came into its own, leet kids with their 3 man groups, zergs of /20 firewizard's or thuergs, bd's who once attacked seemed to lure teh whole town on them. this was the hard place to stay, you needed a group or it was mayhem.

everynow and then your saw the lvl 50's have their 8v8, some lowbie thuerg spamming pets on a healer trying to leech, a bd lifetapping everyone and lowbie chanters pbaoe's dieing in 1 second.

camlann for me at low lvl used to be so much fun, with the lkack of ppl its mainly lvl 50's playing there now. alot of the lvl 20's atm are lvl 50's alts so they have nice armour. unfortunatley due to lack of ppl the zones are not always full. places like MM or cotswold have maybe 1 person in.

i think the lure of camlann is strong but there needs to be more ppl playing there so the /20's with there crap armour and low con still get to have a laugh.

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
Its more annoying to lvl up a 50 toon on a rvr server, toa it some then go out in the frontier and get rolled by fotm/gank groups all the time

at least on camlann you can compete without a super template and gankgroup

and if you cant find a place to exp that isnt full of purple gankers, you havent looked hard enough ( not like its hard with all the areas you can go to )

Jaison X

Fledgling Freddie
I think varmuus got the point ;) aswell as Bahumat.

My history in camlann was also great ;) I played daoc since start, but left it up at lvl 13 cos i found it so hard to lvl up in exc/hib hehehe :(
some time later, i started again playing daoc, after looots of twinks, i decided to up my NS. In thidranki i knew by pure luck some spanish guys, who played some hib and some alb exc, in my city, i know them, and now we are a family ^^ Frost family. We played in exc a bit, but tired of the zergs, we moved to camlann. We did a little grp setup. Thane, Skald, Hero, Pally, we managed to lvl up to 30 by pvp etc, then some people changed their minds and lvled another chars. We had the luck of own a necro from a friend, and we used it to PL till lvl 40. (OFC u get wiped while lvling in BArrows etc -albion dungeon-) at lvl 40.. we joined a guild, Red Hands, it was good, and we got our ding 50 there, after lots of time. After you get your first 50, the fun REALLY starts. (it was great also till 20-30, leeching lvl 50s necro etc :p and bb as bahumat said, rly great fun :D) many of us rerolled another chars, wich are our mains now there. Is not hard to get 50 if u go with some friends, if not, i'd recomend to lvl up a necro before all, with a necro u can get money and get a gear for your "main", wich will make u an easier way to get high lvl.

Main facts are:

-when dinging lvl 36, stay away from any pvp area, and try to lvl alone. or u will be a fresh meat for every lvl 50 player, and u wont stand even 1 chance.
-Try to join some exp guilds, they are random, everyone can enter, but is a good method of get some allies to exp with.
-Try to make friends, will make your life easier :p
-dont chain people, because most surely, they have a lvl 50 main, or a lvl 30 infil to pwn your ass until u move or log ^^
-if u get angry, dont worry. if u get very angry, twink a BD ;) (but plz, dont up him to 50 ><)
-If u have free time, try to lvl it by exping, is boring.. but in the end, u will get 50. then try to join a guild.

I think, camlann is made for strong people, only people with lots of rage will be able to play there, at lvl 50, its RLY HARDCORE. You have figths nearly every 5mins vs other fgs. is always fun, when 4 diferetn guilds fight in the same area, loooong battles, in nice areas like Basar(between ardee-DL), or camelot hills, think in a fight at the Camelot E Bridge, or in Prydwen keep. Maybe in DF, lots of funny fights in DF ;P is all diferent, rvr is more.... get intoo a tower and pbaoe!!!!111.

If more people would go back to camlann, i'd play there OF COURSE. imo, NF fcked it all :(

Anyway, i understand your weak point of view :p but try this if anyone u enter camlann.

Go with 1-3 friends. Make a little grp. I wouldnt make a healer ^^ neither in a 4man grp.
Get a skald, some 2hand tanks, and maybe a mezer or shaman, shaman works v- nice. You will have fun :) try to kill purple caster, stun their quickcast, land a lul and he will be dead, very funny tbh :) u feel the battle there, better than anywhere else:)

I want camlann back :mad:

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Varmuus said:

1) Gankfest

2) Normal playing

Scary....someone that sees the point.

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes, but for me seeing the point is easier because I've lived it once :)

Yoshimo

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
This is exactly the attitude that makes most people, even those who are RvR-experienced, shy away from your server. I'm sorry, but I rest my case. What makes you think you Camlann players are not afflicted by the same disease, being all high and mighty in your own sandbox of choice?
the difference being that i have played to the end game stage on both RvR and PvP, yes i was intimidated starting camlann but i didnt complain when i got chained by some random purple infil who was low on cash. annoying to get chained, maybe. but fun when you come across the same person 2 days later and he's green :)
and if i'm high and mighty it's because i CAN play both servers and choose this one

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
Mnexxiz said:
A) Camlann
Treating new players as free money and realm points kills for more than 90% of the starters any further interest in even trying.
Yes, that's the ruleset - but whining about loosing population while making any newcomers unwelcome is not the way to gain new players.
So I agree with the others - a lot of Camlann players kill their server with their attitude.

again, its not the camlann players treating you as free rps/money, its the rvr players who've persevered for a bit and got their stealther to lvl 26 or whatever. Beyond getting /level'ed, outfitted and to an xp spot, you really shouldnt have any trouble, 3x classic 3x SI 3x catacombs 1x toa to xp in, how hard can it be to find a spot that isnt camped? Guess it is for some people, as they seem to think that xping happens in gothwaite harbor or so. It takes a little effort and thinking to get started, but after that its not hard at all to level. I personally leveled my char to 50 on almost entirely pvp without transfering more than 100g to the server, but that was a whole different era.

Seriously, it isnt hard at ALL to level if you think about it for a bit and have some common sense. /level to 5, /safety off, get greyganked, /release city, get your stuff and train, beg 1g, port whereever you wanna to, bind, maybe die once, horse to whereever your going, start xping. There are so amazingly few people on the server atm, if you manage to get constantly ganked while xping you HAVE to be doing something wrong (in the old days it was different ofc).

Edit: i reread your post and it could be seen as a whine about getting ganked as lvl 36 - again there are a billion xp spots withOUT lvl 50s camping them, unlike df/CM/barrows etc, which do have 50s camping - its not hard to xp if you have some common sense, learn to take 1 death on the way to your xpspot and dont make that xpspot be barrows or AC, and you'll be successful.

Bonelamencer

One of Freddy's beloved
No shit,i started with /level equipment and spent all time up to my lvl in the most popular pvp places. I didn't kill a single mob,bought a decent sc earned purely by PK and got over 1p.Stop to QQ and play better :D

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Bonelamencer said:
No shit,i started with /level equipment and spent all time up to my lvl in the most popular pvp places. I didn't kill a single mob,bought a decent sc earned purely by PK and got over 1p.Stop to QQ and play better :D

Shit mate ..... if it was that easy dont you think the numbers on Camlann would be better?
No the reasons for Camlann population being so crap is because of the Camlann population.
You can try and deflect the blame onto whoever you want but these are the facts.
Most people dont like getting ganked.
Its simple.
The population of Camlann have driven away their customers.
You can try and blame it on "Those dudes from RvR servers who do all the ganking" but it DOES NOT MATTER.
I've said it already but I will repeat it....
All those happy hours you guys spent griefing lowbies and N00b's is coming back to haunt you.
Just read the posts of peeps who have tried Camlann.
There is a recuring theme.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
Shit mate ..... if it was that easy dont you think the numbers on Camlann would be better?
No the reasons for Camlann population being so crap is because of the Camlann population.
You can try and deflect the blame onto whoever you want but these are the facts.
Most people dont like getting ganked.
Its simple.
The population of Camlann have driven away their customers.
You can try and blame it on "Those dudes from RvR servers who do all the ganking" but it DOES NOT MATTER.
I've said it already but I will repeat it....
All those happy hours you guys spent griefing lowbies and N00b's is coming back to haunt you.
Just read the posts of peeps who have tried Camlann.
There is a recuring theme.

What he said.
I really wanted to like Camlann. Like many people here I was quite excited by the prospect when Mordred was announced. Despite being a roleplayer I do like the thrill of PvP. In theory Camlann should be the most exciting server to play on. You never know what's around the next corner, you never know what's going to happen next.

Unfortunately you know exactly what's going to happen next, you're going to end up blindsided by a bunch of purple con stealthers who have never seen a naked woman who wasn't in .jpeg format then have rude messages in a foreign language spammed at you for the next five minutes.

I actually gave it a good chance, I levelled a character from 20-30 (mostly by playing at antisocial times in the morning). Trouble is, with no money to buy back con and refusing to stoop to the level of chain ganking green players for cash I had to give up. Playing a level 30 merc with just over 100 hps is no fun even on a regular server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom