GOA want to balance servers.... RIGHT

Dancingboner

Fledgling Freddie
This post is intended as an eyeopener. The two subjects are not directly connected, however they are all server balancing issues.

Plight of Camlann

Numbers on the PVP server are dropping... soon due to the lack of people around, more people will leave. Camlann has the lowest population of all English servers... why is it not treated as a low population on all realms and given 2 day free level and camp bonus?

Are GOA condoning the death of a server when they are offering clustering in an attempt to save other ones?

Camlann needs something new to drag the punters in... I made camlann my home when RVR got too laggy for me to handle, when camlann kicks the bucket I very much doubt I'll be playing DAoC anymore especially if they introduce clustering on Excal cos for me that is just going to amplify the lag. What people say about more people spread over a larger area is bullshit. They are all going to be in exactly the same area as always and thus making the game even more laggy.

Its about time GOA took their PVP server more seriously. Since day one all they have done to camlann is turned the bastard on.

Yea I agree mr RVR junkie.. who the fuck cares about Camlanns population. Well i'm paying GOAs wages, so GOA should.

WTF @ Clustering

Whats even more humerous is the fact that they are going to ally the two albion forces. Albion outnumber both mid and hib on both servers. How the hell is doubling the difference in numbers going to help. If there are 100 albs now and 90 mids on each server (difference of 10 players), there is going to be 200 albs in clustering and only 180 mids (difference of 20 players), thus doubling the population difference between realms.

Apparently alb has 39% of the population on Excal and 36% on prydwen. Obviously anything more than 33.3% is more than 1/3 of the population. If they are trying to balance the realms by adding in free levels at different rates etc, why the hell are they countering it by clustering and making it even more unfair?

Percentages arent that bad I agree, its not that far out, but when they effectively nearly double the player value of 1% it adds up.

Alb Hib Difference
Excal Active Characters 3,333 (39%) 2,580 (30%) 753
Pryd Active Characters 2,129 (36%) 1,786 (30%) 343

Total Albion Active Population: 5462
Total Hib Active Population: 4366

Now, lets work this out. After clustering... Albion will have.. wait for it...1096 ACTIVE characters MORE than Hibernia. All the free levels in the world won't compensate for that. Now granted, they arent all going to be in RVR at the same time.. but it only takes 10% of those extra people to decide to RVR and Albion instantly have 109 extra bodies in RVR..

Fix Camlanns population. Fuck Clustering.

Gamah

Banned
Quoting numbers mean sweet FO ... I'll tell you right now those figures dont translae into what happens in RvR, (On prydwen at least) Alb/excals are zerging shits.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Quoting numbers mean sweet FO ... I'll tell you right now those figures dont translae into what happens in RvR, (On prydwen at least) Alb/excals are zerging shits.

Nah Alb/pryd's are zerging shits.

See,it's always the other one. Alb/exc HAVE more randoms tho dont go deny that.

Dancingboner

Fledgling Freddie
btw, its sweet FA not FO ;)

Numbers don't relate to RVR but you have to be a dumb shit not to realise that the more active characters in a realm will obviously effect the amount of people in RVR.

Unless you're trying to tell me that the 1000 odd extra bodies only do PVE..

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Firstly Camlann cannot be compared to any other server, its ruleset are totally different so you just cannot compare.

Most players I know (including me) cant stand Camlann, log in, get ganked, log out, its just plain dull.

Secondly, giving bonus's of any kind to this server will mean what exactly, nothing whatsoever. OK, you might level a little faster and stand a SMALL chance of getting to 50 and getting a little personal payback, but thats about it.

Also, Camlann is hardly an English server, its language maybe, but its there open to all, thats now 12 servers (I think...), average population at peak around 18-20k, average on PvP, 500, which is why its not so much thought of.

Also the rules regarding bonus and how Camlann works are set down by Mythic, not just by GOA, who just maintain it, they dont code it. I think youll find the US PVP server is just as bad if not worse than the euro one.

Now onto the clustering, yes the numbers are still slightly out of balance, but thats not the real issue with clustering, which is to improve numbers in the RvR zones which in turn means more fights, more seige, more defence etc etc. Currently action at the lowest end of the scale is limited to a few areas around the main keeps, Beno, Beld and the other one (lol), aside that not a lot happens. Having more random groups running about will mean more chance for RvR fun.

Mythic and GOA have tried to improve the numbers, but alas, alb will always be more popular than the realm of shrooms trees and grass an bugger all else. Thats human nature, and theres nothing GOA can do to fix this.

More idol threats of people leaving DAoC, sorry, its been done before Nick m8, ppl come and go, others adapt to whats available, its your choice old pal.

Gamah

Banned
No what I'm trying to say is its not a clear cut as quoting figures from XML, every realm can pull out a mega zerg..not just albs.

Gamah

Banned
Downanael said:
Nah Alb/pryd's are zerging shits.

See,it's always the other one. Alb/exc HAVE more randoms tho dont go deny that.

Albs Hibs and Mids on all servers are zerging shits tbh :D

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Most players I know (including me) cant stand Camlann, log in, get ganked, log out, its just plain dull.

word

I don't know anyone who never tried camlann ... we all roled there once ... spend a couple of hours (or days or weeks) there and realised that it is the biggest pile off crap there is. You go to Camlann you're sure to get insulted/chained/ganked ...

If the Camlann population is REALLY that worried about increasing their numbers they might want to concider dropping the attitude ^^

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Agree about most on the camlann side of the post. Couldn't care less about the RvR server. I left it and I droped by from and til and haven't regreted it for 5 cent. I like camlann, agree there is many trash talkers and alot of not so mature people around but over all I think you learn to like it fast. About the bugs etc just send feedback to mythic GoA can't do s**t about them as they don't code the game. The same problems are on the Mordred server in the US, numbers are droping and hard to get new active players. The exp bonus sure would help a few new people get to 50 faster but will still make it hard to get "in" the server. I know I most likely would have left daoc if I didn't have friends that helped me get some decent equipment for the first template and the first RR's.

Sum up, we need more people on camlann, but this is old news, sinces NF the numbers been droping on camlann and WoW made it drop even more. Some guild on camlann makes so many people leave the server w/o any other reason then that they can't stand those morons.

To Odins :cheers:

Gamah

Banned
You don't give a shit about RvR...we don't give a shit about camlann...majority rules :p

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
Camlann is the retard server so I dont give a damn.
As for clustering...since I play seldom anymore I dont know about RvR. But I think the posts like "<RANDOM NAME> is an arti stealer" will be seen more often and prices will rise to the skies once again.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think anyone really cares what xp bonus or free-level/day gets set on Camlann. For your sake, I hope they give you a nice bonus and free levels every two days.

It won't help much, though. Camlann's ruleset is self-destructive - it thrives on destroying someone else's fun. Those that are less quick/skilled/a-social get chainganked, and that isn't fun. ;0

Dancingboner

Fledgling Freddie
The point of this post is not to set Camlann Vs the RVR community. It is geniunley because I have invested a lot of time into my Camlann characters and am growing increasingly worried that if GOA / Mythic don't find a way to make Camlann more appealing to players it is without a doubt going to die.

GOA/Mythic seem to look out for the standard ruleset servers but don't give a toss about PVP. If they aern't going to put some effort in to making the game better for the PVP community they should close Camlann. If you're not prepared to do look after it, don't provide it.

When standard ruleset servers population started falling Mythic were quick off the mark to think of ways to solve this: hence clustering. Its about time they thought of something to help the PVP community. The least they could do is make it easier to get a level 50 over there by increasing bonuses and shortening free level timers.

edit: Another thing. Why does Camlann have no E&E?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
You are missing the point Dancing... whatever goa could/would do to make Camlann more attractive to new players would just get canceled out by the atmosphere on the server ... new solo players last a couple of hours at best ... a complete guild or a fg at least moving there lasts about a month untill they realise that Camlann simply isn't worth the frustration.

Like I said ... Camlann needs to change from the inside out ... not from the outside in.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
cam is not that great a server imo, not bothered what happens to it personally.

oh and on clustering hibs will wtfpwn :(

Dancingboner

Fledgling Freddie
You are entitled to your opinion. But at the end of the day there must be something that Mythic/GOA can do to make it a more attractive place to play.

...I still think clustering is a silly idea..

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Like I said ... Camlann needs to change from the inside out ... not from the outside in.

Start with banning some guildes that ain't behaving at all but still not breaking CoC..... Some guildes is even considering to make alliance against those guilds just cause they are so bloody dumb. :twak:

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
word

I don't know anyone who never tried camlann ... we all roled there once ... spend a couple of hours (or days or weeks) there and realised that it is the biggest pile off crap there is. You go to Camlann you're sure to get insulted/chained/ganked ...

If the Camlann population is REALLY that worried about increasing their numbers they might want to concider dropping the attitude ^^

Agree 100% with above.
Problem with Camlann is that when a new player arrives and starts to level he gets constantly "grey ganked" by morons who wanna see if they can 1 shot the poor sod.
People only put up with that for so long then they bin it.
So I personally feel little sympathy for a server that squeels about low numbers when their behaviour drives away new players. All those happy hours spent wtfpwning n00bs and lowbies comin back to haunt you guys.
Oh dear how sad never mind.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Since no1 is using the frontiers for PK/RvR on Camlann how about removing
NF and giving us OF instead, might get us sum attention from the bluebies :cheers:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The only way to fix Camlann is to add a /level 40 command, that way at least a the new people stand a chance when grouping together. Right now it just isn't worth the hassle and abuse, getting chain ganked whilst exping till you are bankrupt just isn't fun.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
when will people understand

the people that gank them when they are lvl 20 on camlann are, gasp, mostly people from other rvr servers! most "camlann" players have a lvl 50 main and dont use to to run around chaining greys (except odins, but they are 15y/o germans). at lvl 50 camlann is quite fun and competitive, and a great environment for solo/small group pvp, as well as fg vs fg without any zerg. at low level, sure its a gank fest, but its not the camlann regulars for the most part who are doing the ganking.

and its amazingly easy to level on camlann once you get out of goth/aegir, a billion spots, all of them empty except the ones you would go to on an rvr server. I leveled a vamp to lvl 40 solo and had about 20 total pvp fights, mostly from leveling in some quite populous zones.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Still fink my idea is roxor, it would also drag the fgs out of ToA, making it
easier to finish your template. ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
enkor said:
when will people understand

the people that gank them when they are lvl 20 on camlann are, gasp, mostly people from other rvr servers! most "camlann" players have a lvl 50 main and dont use to to run around chaining greys (except odins, but they are 15y/o germans). at lvl 50 camlann is quite fun and competitive, and a great environment for solo/small group pvp, as well as fg vs fg without any zerg. at low level, sure its a gank fest, but its not the camlann regulars for the most part who are doing the ganking.

and its amazingly easy to level on camlann once you get out of goth/aegir, a billion spots, all of them empty except the ones you would go to on an rvr server. I leveled a vamp to lvl 40 solo and had about 20 total pvp fights, mostly from leveling in some quite populous zones.

Well let's put it this way, the 3 times I have rolled characters on Camlann I have been driven off the server by the level 50's who haunt the lowbie exp spots and chain kill grey con players for kicks. Yes you get exp'ers also killing grey con players as well but the vast majority of the grey gankers are established level 50's and they are harming the server far more than anyone else.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
let me just say, in all the time (which is a lot) that ive spent leveling crappy alts, ive NEVER been greykilled at an xpspot, and especially not by a lvl 50.

edit: and yes, camlann is dying and something needs to be done.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
enkor said:

yeah, lets shut it down and spare it a long painful death. camlann cant be saved aslong as the attitude there is as it is.

ive tried to make new alts on that server way way more then i care to count. and most of the time i get some purpcon on /stick killing me whenever he gets the chance. oh, and acually trying to fight back at the close levels that acually dare to attack you is suicide, as all hes doing once u kill him is log on his alt and starts to chain kill u until u log. but hey, i learned a fuckload of german and frensh curse words. wich mostly concisted of my sexual relationship with a goat... wtf is it with frenchies and germans and their facination towards goats?

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
enkor said:
let me just say, in all the time (which is a lot) that ive spent leveling crappy alts, ive NEVER been greykilled at an xpspot, and especially not by a lvl 50.

And let me say every time I've tried to play Camlann and /leveled 20 I've been ganked to kingdom come trying to get out of TnN.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Camlaan needs safe zones that are pve friendly to get people to join the server. At the moment you spend 30 mins geting to a spot to pve solo or in a group only then to be steamrollered or hunted by people who con red.

Ive formed grousp there and gone to kill people only to be flamed/threatened normally along the lines of "OMG DONT ADD FFFS! IM GOING TO CHAIN KILL YOU"

even if your grouped and kill someone you still get flamed.

Also the fact that you die and it costs you money isnt fun at lvl 20 when your gold is lowish you just cant buy back your con till you get to the point where you just give up and go back to your main server where at least its fun.

Camlaan has a problem that people who play there like to kill people that con green because its easy.

You are basically forced into rolling a char that can compete because if you roll a support char your basically walking rps.

Camlaans population is going down for the simple reason " the people playing there are all tards " ive only ever met a few people i liked on camlaan and that was after talking to them on irc. The whole idea of PVP is flawed for daoc camlaan will die slowly till there are only a few people left and then i might consider rolling there but by then the server will have closed.

The only way to get it so that new people will play the game is to stop killing people while they try to exp. Ok if they attack you thats fair game.

Zaffa

Can't get enough of FH
then again, there are some of us that enjoy the gangfest there. and tbh, its easy to avoid getting chained too bad, infact, i make cash on some of the chars i roll there, just gotta give the server a chance :)

a good choice is either a speedclass, stealther, caster with CC or selfbuffer..

and then stay out of the zerged areas, run around them nearby picking out targets engage that one target and move away from the zerg again...

best advice is duo with a friend, and learn ur classes and learn the server and it will idd be fun. Sorcer + eld is evil if played right. debuffs, resist debuffs, stun root mezz nearsight pet nukes(lifetap graymobs for full health ;)) and bolts. a lil CC and you wont die..

one more thing, i dont really understand the hatred towards the server i feel in this thread.. dosnt make any sense. camlann is just as entitled to /lvl 40 and camp bonus as any other server... even if you once got chained there dosnt mean that the server has to be shut down.. ffs..

and yes, gms dosnt seem to care about camlann, which further adds to the anarki feeling about the server. Just have to remember, camlann isnt ur usual rvr server, its the mother of dirty tricks :p

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Dancingboner said:
But at the end of the day there must be something that Mythic/GOA can do to make it a more attractive place to play.

Like what, stopping it being a PvP server? Because that's why most people don't play there. Like others have said, 99% of people's experience of Camlann is:

1: log in...
2: immediately get instaganked 10 times in 2 minutes by unkillable buffbotted purple-con no-penis shitheads (usually stealthers) who repeatedly /rude you...
3: log out, never to return.

Sorry, Dancingboner, but no matter how attached to Camlann you personally may be, what I've just described is exactly what it's like for the vast majority of players. That's why the server is dying. There's a reason Andred was shut down over in the US, and it's exactly the same reason Camlann is dying. No-one wants to play there because the atmosphere, to be blunt, fucking stinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom