GOA want to balance servers.... RIGHT

Jaison X

Fledgling Freddie
if they gonna let camlann die, they should care about the people who stood there lots of months/years.

I dont want to let camlann with 300 player primetime.. i would like 1k but i know this will hardly ever happen...

give charcopy then? =)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Jaison X said:
if they gonna let camlann die, they should care about the people who stood there lots of months/years.

If you let camlann die... You forget one thing about the community, that is often left unmentioned: how visible the community is. If your friends know you are playing daoc, that isn't enough. But if you send them some invite mails, show them some pictures, videos, give them DAoC wallpapers / screensavers / desktop themes and they start playing on Camlann then you would have more friends on the server to play with.

If there would be a Camlann.info website, with guides, such shots, maybe even photos where you show everyone how cool the custom made daoc T shirt you have is, and post links to it in your signatures everywhere, etc. more people will find Camlann interesting.

If some camlann guilds would recruit new people and protect them, more people would join and stay on the server. If the community doesn't care for its home why should GOA put much more effort in keeping it alive?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Camlann dying is down to the players there. If the average player's experience of Camlann wasn't log on, get ganked (over and over), log out...then it might have been different. As a community, you reap what you sow. Plus DAOC wasn't programmed from the bottom up for pvp so there were inherent problems from the start.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Esselinithia said:
If there would be a Camlann.info website, with guides, such shots, maybe even photos where you show everyone how cool the custom made daoc T shirt you have is, and post links to it in your signatures everywhere, etc. more people will find Camlann interesting.

i seriously doubt that a costom t-shirt would make anyone get intrested in camlann itself (they WOULD however probably think "geez what a nerd"). they might look up daoc's homepage tho. but thats about as far as it would go i'd guess. and either way, even if they DO get intrested in the server they would get pretty UN-intrested after getting ganked over and over for a few hours. i'm not saying theres no nice ppl on camlann, i bet there is.

but the problem is the HUGE fucking distrust on that server that makes it pretty damn impossible to get in a good guild from start WITHOUT having to guild jump just to be able to level up. so even if u DO start to chat to some random niceguy and make "friends" with them its pretty damn unlikly they would invite u to the guild if ur not lvl 45+.

atleast not if they are a "serious pvp guild" they only want lvl 50's and dont wanna run around protecting lowbies insted of farming for that leet realmpoint. atleast in my case, when i start on a new server i look for a good and stable mature guild. and theres no way i can find that from the "invite everything u can guild" that doesent have anyone over lvl 30 and yet have been existing for more then a year...

i'm just as selective (if not more so) when it comes to what guilds i join as they are at letting ppl in. but when i DO join a guild i'm sticking to that one no matter what happends. even if the guild dies out i'm probably the last to leave anyway.

so the summary of it all is: STOP being so retardedly distrustful towards low lvl's that want to join. and acually LET LOWBIES IN THE GUILD!
that would be a HUGE improvement and would probably make a shitload more ppl stay on that server insted of logging off and never come back again (and probably talk even MORE ppl out of even trying the server out)....

Lethul

FH is my second home
just stop pvp:ing in toa zones and im sure population will double/tripple in 1 week :eek:

Jaison X

Fledgling Freddie
yes i'd prefer inner hib.. but not all agree i think. some guilds doesnt stand a chance vs others, so they zerg toa or SI porters.

About the lowbie things, i was GM of nexus, and im not officer, we never accepted anyone below lvl 50 and rr4. (is quite easy to get rr4 in camlann, if u lvl pvping u will be at 50). We also counted aBOUT template, but we are pure pvp guild, i rly dislike pve, and get mad when any guildie want an arti for a twink. >< I agree there are few english guilds, but what about the people who may try to come camlann, try to organice themselfs a bit? come by waves? join same guild? make one? new friends, etc. much easyer.

If you're german, u will have nice chances of joining a zerg guild, who is pve only, or mostly, even if they have some very nice and skilled pvp players, like GDE. There are also more big guilds, that may invite you.

If you're french, u will have even better chances, guilds like Caern Side ( i think is french :x) and Les Bannis, (CS is more pvp oriented, but LB is total pvp gimp.. but they do MLs etc ofc, they are many)

The thing i think that would help, is to org with people before come to a total war server, is not easy to start a war solo, but if u come with people who are also itnerested in that, would be pretty fine :)

And always, level a necro, help any old and rich player getting anything, and u may be friend. then all is easier, beliveme ^^

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Goa goon: People are asking if we could balance th
Goa server guy: The f*cking servers right? RIGHT?!!
Goa goon: Umm...yeah...
Goa server guy: For f*cks sake...fine. I'll balance the servers. I'll balance them good!!

*day later*

Posted by forumguy: Why can't i get in?! It sayes that the server is full....

Posted by another forumguy: They "balanced" the servers...or...umm...kinda shoved them all together into one server that they for some reason are calling "Happy now motherf*ckers?!"

Posted by third forum dudelicious: WTT gold from "Happy now motherf*ckers?!" to any other game..the rightnow mails from goa are scaring me...

Meza

Fledgling Freddie
LawBringer said:
Camlann population has more to do with the way you get treated on the server than anything else - I have tried to start there, get ganked as soon as immunity wears off, and then get continually ganked until I have zero constitution. With no money cos you cant leave town - means can't get that con back, so end up with 100 hp - no chance. Sadly the idiots that play on it see you as a legit target. Then the same idiots come here and moan that ppl are leaving the server.

As for the clustering - you voted for it - or the majority did - so its coming, live with it or leave.

Learn to live with it you say...

well learn to live with the way that Camlann goes.... I know i did.. and so do alot of other people... if we can... you can!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Meza said:
well learn to live with the way that Camlann goes.... I know i did.. and so do alot of other people... if we can... you can!
Eh, it's the Camlann people who are complaining about the low population, not people from the RvR servers. If you want more people to be attracted to your server, you will have to adapt in ways described already in this thread (friendlier guilds, protecting greys, less PvPing in TOA zones, etc). Engage brain, please. :rolleyes:

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
I really dont get that. A number of American servers were dead/dying when clustering was announced, just to save these servers. Should mythic just have said "you should be nicer, help some lowbies and dont play warlocks/camp bridges/etc" and not done anything?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Yes, you should do this, simply because (as concluded in this thread already) there is no alternative for Camlann. Can't cluster it with an RvR server, can't cluster it with Mordred, shit out of luck. It's in the hands of the community now.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
there is actually alot of nice people on camlann, you just have to find them, hell i get on with a load of people on there, you just have to be vigilant while on there and stick with it, when i started, i got ganked yet, but due to my look on things, i just laughed at them for having to kill some one so low to them, when they conned anything but purp they lost, i joined a few guilds, got to know people, now i have a few 50's on there and enjoy it (when i play that is :p),

in any case, its only some of the guilds on there that cause the shit,

ill say this just once, if any one wants to start there and needs a head start, gimmie a shout, ill log in for first time in ages and help, but you have to actually want to stay on there longer then just to waste my time/effort, because if thats the case, your no better then the people you are describing,

OH, and, ever tried playing it for more then 1 day and tried making groups/friends at the lower lvls? it helps, and you dont get ganked so much, hell theres a few lower lvls that i protect if i see them just because they got to know one of my alts,

Later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom