Music Gigs... who are you seeing this year?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
sigur ros live are quality

and justice and 2manydjs

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
The Cure + Radiohead + Justice + Caribou @ Lisbon!! :)

and

Simian Mobile Disco + Pulp + Flaming Lips + The Kills @ Murcia :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
sigur ros live are quality

and justice and 2manydjs

Yeah saw Sigur Ros on their last tour over here when they played (and recorded live album Inni) at Alexandra Palace. Was incredible.

Saw 2ManyDJs at last year's Big Chill, some really good stuff although their set was utterly ruined by Kanye West's fucking about directly beforehand (they ended up being on an hour late, most of the crowd had got fed up and left - cheers Kanye!).

Justice I can't wait to see - big epic style stuff, they're very good live.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My garbage tickets turned up this morning \o/

Has anyone been to the Troxy before, never been wondering what it's like.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yes I saw Godspeed! You Black Emperor there.

Are you downstairs or seated? Haven't been downstairs, only upstairs. Seats are relatively comfy but suffer from a lack of legroom unless you're a midget. Sound is good and the venue is pretty decently sized and fairly art-deco in style.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Seated, I don't pretend to be prepared to stand through these sort of things these days. Might have to work on bringing my knees under my chin if the legroom is that bad though ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I struggled because GYBE played nearly 3 hours, for a normal length gig I don't think it'd be too problematic unless you're well over 6ft.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Modestep was the other night. They're pretty good, although their stage act still needs a little work IMO.

They don't have a big back catalogue at the moment, so it was the established tracks plus a couple from the upcoming album, intersparsed with lots of their remixes. Their remixes don't work as well as their properly original material, and as a result it's a bit up and down. That said, the performances of their original tracks were VERY good, and I have a lot of love for the vocalist's voice. Good to see rocky dubstep being played out with passion and real instruments. On a side note their lighting setup was VERY effective at creating a hyped atmosphere.

Ordered tickets to Bestival today, full lineup hasn't been announced but there's already the following that I'd love to see that are playing there:
The xx
Sigur Ros
Justice
Nero
Emeli Sande
Orbital
Warpaint
De La Soul
2manyDJs
Four Tet feat. Caribou
DJ Yoda
LTJ Bukem
Scratch Perverts
Camo & Krooked

etc....
damn that's a sweet lineup.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
There's a lot more I don't know and didn't list too, plus more to be announced. I'm happy with that even if there's nothing else good tbh!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Saw Brand New last night, wicked sick.

Only Jesse Lacey can sing into a guitar, and make it work. :p

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I went to see cannibal corpse on wednesday night. I got head butted in the face while trying to help someone up who had fallen down in the moshpit. This was during the song "Hammer smashed face"; how convenient :p
My face still hurts

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Still going strong man. They've just released their 5th album, should check it out.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cor, not seen them since 2003 and they were littluns.
This. Saw them at a Kerrang weekender (don't ask). They sound exactly the fucking same.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I had tickets to Gym Class Hero's for the end of Jan, but missed it as the person with the tickets flaked out :(

I was meant to go to Lester Clayton last night, but couldn't make it :(

There is a Ryan Kean gig that I'll hopefully be able to go to later this month, and then I've got Kanye and Jay Z tickets for May.

Been to 3 open mic night type things already this year, hoping to get to at least one a month for the rest of the year.

russell

FH is my second home
my gigs are all dried up -must be getting old :(

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Suppose my friends and me will go see linkin Park this year aswell :) Love their songs, and they are very good live!

Corran

Part of the furniture
cirque du soleil ... not exactly what you asking though!
Be more interesting then a gig thouhg :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
It the Alegria show, that making it's UK debut :D
1month exactly till Im going. 30th Bday gift from the missus back in feb so been a bit of a wait. lol. It nice that they actually up in glasgow

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I've seen that on sky HD, it's always better live mind.

I've seen the last two shown at the Albert Hall, and plan to see one in Vegas in two weeks.

Corran

Part of the furniture
I've seen that on sky HD, it's always better live mind.

I've seen the last two shown at the Albert Hall, and plan to see one in Vegas in two weeks.

Ah cool... never been to one before and really looking forward to it because this sort of show always interests me and such a range of abilities shown

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah it's stunning stuff. Scary as well - some of the risks they take.... just WOW.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I didn't say two different songs sound exactly the same I said they sound exactly the same, there style, ffs :eek:

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, well, I disagree! My point in posting those was to show how their styles have changed, from grungey whiney teenage rock to sweet as cake technical alt rock. :X3:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Just booked Efterklang & The Northern Sinfonia Orchestra @ Barbican, October 30th.

They were brill last time I saw them so with addition of orchestra and new material it'll be sexy. I also believe Nils Frahm and Peter Broderick have been involved in the new album as well, so it's bound to be full of spunk.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Dragged myself (not well):( to Metallica on Saturday. Almost a disaster the sound quality was awful. Percussion/drums totally drowned out everything else, what were the roadies thinking? Fortunately as they went on it improved a little, was worth it just for 'Nothing else Matters'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom