Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
That's utterly, utterly, amazingly retarded. (Or you're simply lying)

You wouldn't take a massive pay rise because, proportionally, HMRC would take a bit extra in taxes from your pay packet? You're talking shite.

Boss: Hi Bodhi. We want to increase your wage from 55 to 68 grand. You will have to pay a bit extra tax on the stuff over 60 grand, but you'll still take home a fair few thousand pounds more. Happy?

Bodhi: No thanks. I'm so bitter that I'd have to pay a bit more proportional tax on the extra money that I'd rather not receive that extra money in the first place.

Boss: Ooookayyy. It looks like I've made a mistake. You're clearly too retarded for that position. In fact, I'll be reviewing your position when it comes the next round of redundancies - because your special needs have been clearly sailing under the radar...

I said I would think twice if it meant I was no better off. Bit of a difference to what you are suggesting.

Bodhi

Exioce

Part of the furniture
I said I would think twice if it meant I was no better off. Bit of a difference to what you are suggesting.
If you're worried that you'd be no better off earning more money because you'd be in a higher tax bracket... You don't understand tax brackets, or are willfully misrepresenting them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
1) Corporation tax <> Personal Taxation. Nice to see you mixing up the two (and of course, if people are taking Divs, 'cause it's cheap, rather than paying through personal tax then what's the *overall* tax take) :)
2) "That was 44 per cent more than in 2010 when corporation tax was 28 per cent." - I wonder what was going on from 2007-2011? Not the worst financial crisis in memory? I dunno...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, a totally imaginary scenario that has never existed in time and space: A pay rise that means you are no better off.

It seems that your grasp of financial and tax realities is tenuous at best. I mean: you actually wrote that. A pay rise that makes you no better off because it goes to HMRC. Which never happens. It wasn't something you typed by accident. It was an argument you used - nonsense contained in every single letter.

Bodhi

So, a totally imaginary scenario that has never existed in time and space: A pay rise that means you are no better off.

It seems that your grasp of financial and tax realities is tenuous at best. I mean: you actually wrote that. A pay rise that makes you no better off because it goes to HMRC. Which never happens. It wasn't something you typed by accident. It was an argument you used - nonsense contained in every single letter.

Nonsense like suggesting Corporation Tax should be paid on revenue you mean? That sort of nonsense?

Anyway remember in the 1970's the top rate of tax was 90%, not a time I thought we'd ever go back to - but as the rest of Corbyn and McDonnell's policies come from that era, I would be the slightest bit shocked to see that come back. And if it did, we would see a LOT of people restructuring their wages to avoid it. So again, HMRC would lose out.

Anyway, given the below, it might be sesnible to leave taxes exactly where they are :)

HMRC’s multi-billion tax ‘bonanza’ sets new record

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nonsense like suggesting Corporation Tax should be paid on revenue you mean? That sort of nonsense?
Didn't actually suggest that. I know exactly how corp. tax works because I pay it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
How did 114 Tory MPs look at Boris Johnson and think 'Yes, he'll make a good PM.'

The fuck.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
How did 114 Tory MPs look at Boris Johnson and think 'Yes, he'll make a good PM.'

The fuck.

No, they looked at him and said "Yes, he'll make an electable PM". "Good" has fuck all to do with it, like I said in an earlier post, Boris has brand recognition, and up against Corbyn that's all they need.

Ain't British politics in tip-top condition?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ain't British politics in tip-top condition?
It's a reflection of the population.

I don't think it's much worse than anywhere else in the world - other than they hide it better. (Well, of course, countries with better educational attainment levels seem to have proportionally more sensible governments but...)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

This is hardly news; there are plenty of televised quotes of Johnson supporting free movement; I remember watching some archeology show on the beeb where he directly compared the foreign labourers who built ancient Athens to the Poles working in London (he was mayor at the time) and how brilliant it was and how important to London.

Nothing Johnson has endorsed as Brexit policy reflects his true views (even more so than Trump), and it's really easy to prove it, but it just doesn't seem to matter any more.

Gwadien

Personally, I can't wait until we have freedom of movement with all the middle eastern countries out there in return for a trade deal.

Job will love it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Feel free, let them in and we'll vote you out.
The biggest anti immigration voters are recent immigrants.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Feel free, let them in and we'll vote you out.
The biggest anti immigration voters are recent immigrants.
and white middle aged tradesmen obv...

Job

Always the intellectual snobbery.
The very heart of liberalism.

Job

Im afraid you are the brainwashed one.
Teachers are the most institutionalised people in the country.

Yoni

Im afraid you are the brainwashed one.
Teachers are the most institutionalised people in the country.
Just wondering where you get the intellectual snobbery from? You obviously did not read the post I made a few months where I stated that I started my working life as a production line operative ie on the factory floor...

Job

Lol..
Ive mixed with the commoners.
Ive seen them eat cake.

Gwadien

Lol..
Ive seen them eat cake.

Considering that I am aware that Government cuts have an infinite worse impact on the lives of the 'commoners' than immigration does.

Yeah, I think we know more about 'commoners' than you.

Don't forget, you're the one who ridicules the poor.

Job

I ridicule lazy, cheating, entitled
Which of course includes all classes.

Theres a shed load of middle class , feckless offspring around here, but the path from their free lunch to us paying for it is not easy to work out.

Yoni

I ridicule lazy, cheating, entitled
Which of course includes all classes.

Theres a shed load of middle class , feckless offspring around here, but the path from their free lunch to us paying for it is not easy to work out.
Lol..
Ive seen them eat cake.
Gosh.... please can you stop assuming that I view people the way You do.... the fact you called my friends and colleagues commoners says more about you than it does about me. In fact It increases the growing pool of evidence that you are nothing more than an closed minded little scrote *chuckles*

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol..
Ive seen them eat cake.
What is the approved route from poor child to self-improved person? The route where you don't get to call them an elitist cunt?*

@Yoni's backstory is well known. The girl did good. But she's not a commoner any more?

What about me? (Very) working class parents, dad killed early, alcoholic mother, *other* family problems and doing very well through own hard work. Am I no longer a commoner? An elitist cunt, because I (correctly, as it happens) understand the value of education, sentence structure, context and meaning what you say?

Your rant against yons is the rant of a loser. Someone who didn't try and whined when polish people took 'er jerbs.

*or is everyone who did well for themselves against the odds always a wanker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom