Politics General Election 2017

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Gumbo, Apr 18, 2017.

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

1. Conservative

19 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. Labour

15 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Liberal Democrat

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Ukip

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Green

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. SNP

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. Other

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

I saw a quote somewhere from Boris from 2007 saying that it was a disgrace to democracy for Gordon Brown not to call for an election after he took over from Tony Blair.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gwadien

So final choices are;

A. Man who fucked the NHS.
    B. Man who fucked education.
    C. Man who is fucked.

3. Rubber Bullets

Rubber Bullets Resident Freddy

C. Man who fucked anything that moved

4. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Two of them are just generic, wet Tories and Johnson is a nasty piece of shit. Any of them being in charge of Brexit is terrifying.

5. Bodhi

Bodhi FH is my second home

To be honest, if you thought the Tories were ever going to elect someone as leader that The Guardian approved of, I'd suggest you aren't in a position to be throwing shade over people's definitions of reality.

Why would they elect a leader that appeal to people who would never vote Tory in the first place?

6. Gwadien

I mean they've already done that by convincing everyone that immigrants and the EU cause all the UK's problems, right?

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  7. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

That really wasn't the point.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

10. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

He is clearly just as nuts as Boris.

11. Bodhi

Wow. I'm not Boris' biggest fan (I like having him around but keep him away from anything important), but that is fucking scary.

His neighbour was so concerned she recorded everything and sent it to The Guardian?

The stasi would be proud.

12. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

I don't give a fuck - if the future PM is potentially a violent cunt it's good to know. But the fact that he's so spoiled that he doesn't give a fuck about money - says his partner - (something we already know from the 'chicken feed' episode) makes him unsuitable to run the country in yhe interests of the population he's supposed to represent.

Entirely predictable you've taken the stance you have, of course. Me? If it was any politician I'd say it was relevant info...

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Gwadien

If a man cheats on his wife, he'd definitely cheat on the country.

If a man beats his gf up, then he'd definitely beat the country up.

Is Boris the first divorcee PM?

14. Gwadien

15. Gwadien

inb4 omg ur so murican.

I don't care that he's a divorcee, I'm more concerned about his behaviour surrounding the divorce.

16. Bodhi

And as the Police said everyone was OK and no further action was required, probably safe to say he's not a violent cunt.

Calling the police as you're concerned for her safety is fine, and the corre t course of action. Recording the entire conversation - which would be a struggle on any recording equipment people tend to have lying around - and sending it to the papers? I have all sorts of issues with that, no matter who it's done to.

17. Wij

View: https://twitter.com/StewartL64/status/1142336219252215808

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  18. Bodhi

That still isn't justification for setting up professional recording equipment and sending what happened to The Guardian, especially as the Police said no further action was required.

I'd be keen to see the contortions you go through to differentiate that from hacking people's phones.

19. Wij

The article states he recorded it on his phone.

You’re saying it was a political setup? Like they knew he was going to have a row? They have superpowers?

20. Gwadien

Don't criticise Brexit PMs otherwise you're a Communist!

21. Wij

“I was inside my own flat hearing shouting, screaming and banging so I pressed record.”

Recording sound in his own flat. Sure that’s real hard to differentiate from phone hacking :rolleyes:

Where do you get these gems from?

22. Gwadien

Those edgy right dudes outside the mainstream that have individual thought and aren't influenced by the liberal elite..

But both Bodhi and that bloke referenced the Stasi, very interesting.

23. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

24. Wij

25. Wij

More here. Recorded on his own phone in his own flat after knocking on the door and getting no answer. If he’d answered the door and stopped then no one would ever have known.

How this story became somehow about the responsible citizen who did the right thing is beyond me. Dumb conspiracy theories. OMGZ he voted remain and doesn’t vote Tory like most of London. Treason!!

Neighbour who called police over Boris Johnson row goes public

26. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

Obviously they were both creaming in their pants at the thought of recording the row and getting it to the Guardian asap.
    Both staunch remainers and organisers of Euro projects.
    But Boris needs to get a fucking grip if he has neighbours like that, then again it'll probably backfire on them and he'll come out smelling of roses.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  27. Wij

What the fuck is wrong with you? The only person to blame here is the one having a blazing row.

• Agree Agree x 3