Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nothing to do with with the rampant anti-semitsm he's enabling then?
How's he doing that exactly?

He's absolutely anti-israeli policy. But if other people are dumb enough to confuse anti-israeli policy with anti-semitism he can't be held responsible for that.

Or have you fallen for the criticise Israel = ANTISEMITE!!!1! idiocy?

"Fake news" right there Bodhi :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
How's he doing that exactly?

He's absolutely anti-israeli policy. But if other people are dumb enough to confuse anti-israeli policy with anti-semitism he can't be held responsible for that.

Or have you fallen for the criticise Israel = ANTISEMITE!!!1! idiocy?

"Fake news" right there Bodhi :)

No I've just seen enough of the anti-semitic abuse his followers dish out on Social Media to know that Labour has a shocking antisemitism problem. That will happen when your leader calls people who want to see the destruction of Israel "friends", and won't denounce any of his followers behaviour.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No I've just seen enough of the anti-semitic abuse his followers dish out on Social Media to know that Labour has a shocking antisemitism problem. That will happen when your leader calls people who want to see the destruction of Israel "friends", and won't denounce any of his followers behaviour.
Again. You're blaming him for his followers and ignoring that he's come out and in no uncertain terms said he deplores antisemitism in any form.

But you're gonna think what you're gonna think I guess...

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Again. You're blaming him for his followers and ignoring that he's come out and in no uncertain terms said he deplores antisemitism in any form.

But you're gonna think what you're gonna think I guess...

That's the mentality nowadays. I'm talking about the 'I want you to denounce this or you stand for that and are a (insert word)'. Either It's a illness due to people's general lack of attention span due to social media sickness OR just a hostile way to get people in line. Or both? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its just a word used to link any argument with the frickin holocaust and crush any debate.
It can only go on for so long before argument and discussion is pointless and people resort to violence.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Hes raised 100K in crowdfunding to fight the case.

Because the more money you have the weaker the claiments case is.
Thats how our 'fair' justice system works

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Political opportunism. If you look at the facts there've been accusations of antisemitism for, like, 0.1% of it's members, 2/3rds of which have been brought by Margaret Hodge, and it's clear which side of the argument she falls on.

So no, I don't accept Labour is "institutionally racist" - it's just the constant undermining of a party for smaller group (not in the country's) interest.

Chukka Unumma? If he's so principled why did he bottle throwing his hat in the ring in such a spectacularly weak fashion? In fact, threw it in then a couple of days later went "actually, too scary". If he wanted to run things differently.... I guess he likes to shout from the sidelines happy in the knowledge he won't have actual responsibility for implementing his ideas.

This is just more of the same shit that's been going on since Corbyn won the democratic election. And a bunch of MP's who are pissy have effectively prevented Labour from being an effective opposition when this country needs it most.

I've no love for red Jeremy, but as far as I'm concerned the snakes have just put their hands up and gone 'yep, it's us'...

Last edited:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
And the actual Government actually has more fraction and division, but they're just so desperate to claw onto power.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Political opportunism. If you look at the facts there've been accusations of antisemitism for, like, 0.1% of it's members, 2/3rds of which have been brought by Margaret Hodge, and it's clear which side of the argument she falls on.

So no, I don't accept Labour is "institutionally racist" - it's just the constant undermining of a party for smaller group (not in the country's) interest.

Chukka Unumma? If he's so principled why did he bottle throwing his hat in the ring in such a spectacularly weak fashion? In fact, threw it in then a couple of days later went "actually, too scary". If he wanted to run things differently.... I guess he likes to shout from the sidelines happy in the knowledge he won't have actual responsibility for implementing his ideas.

This is just more of the same shit that's been going on since Corbyn won the democratic election. And a bunch of MP's who are pissy have effectively prevented Labour from being an effective opposition when this country needs it most.

I've no love for red Jeremy, but as far as I'm concerned the snakes have just put their hands up and gone 'yep, it's us'...
Don't agree at all. Luciana Berger has been subjected to vile abuse by Momentum twats. Corbyn and Milne are pissing all over the Brexit policy agreed at the conference. Who's more important to the party, people who've been involved for decades or 2015 entryists?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't agree at all. Luciana Berger has been subjected to vile abuse by Momentum twats. Corbyn and Milne are pissing all over the Brexit policy agreed at the conference. Who's more important to the party, people who've been involved for decades or 2015 entryists?
Regardless of the entryism point (democratic entryism) the abuse received from a *tiny* number of activists does not make labour "institutionally racist".

There are *always* going to be a small number of cunts. Across all parties. Antisemitic slurs are going to be bandied about (and unsurprisingly they increase every timd Israel does something even more violent and racist than last time) - but that doesn't make the party institutionally racist.

It has some racist members. Big deal. What ya gonna do other than what they're already doing?

As for entryism. Length of service is no indicator of quality of service. Long-term labour members presided over Iraq and widening inequality. They've had a shot and failed.

Gwadien

Luciana Berger is a massive pro-Israel Labour supporter.

What's more important, your party or spinning anti-Israel attitudes into antisemitic attitudes?

The Labour party (rightly or wrongly) has a system where it's members vote for their leaders.

If you disagree with Corbyn and his policies, including his anti-Israel policies then you should have quit the party as soon as he became the leader. Then your seat gets voted for again, if Labour loses it then questions need to be asked. #democracy.

You shouldn't sit in the background and complain that the party is weak under the current leadership when you are the one making it weak in such a shit time.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Luciana Berger is a massive pro-Israel Labour supporter.

What's more important, your party or spinning anti-Israel attitudes into antisemitic attitudes?

The Labour party (rightly or wrongly) has a system where it's members vote for their leaders.

If you disagree with Corbyn and his policies, including his anti-Israel policies then you should have quit the party as soon as he became the leader. Then your seat gets voted for again, if Labour loses it then questions need to be asked. #democracy.

You shouldn't sit in the background and complain that the party is weak under the current leadership when you are the one making it weak in such a shit time.
And thus spaketh the official Momentum talking pointseth...

Gwadien

And thus spaketh the official Momentum talking pointseth...

What's your point?

So she should stick around and weaken the Labour party?

Try to approach this from an objective view not a ew I really don't like this guys politics approach.

As I've said all along, Labour is led by a guy who hates Israel, and a Labour MP who has been a huge pro-Israel member is upset by her leaders decisions and (probably) uses the tweets of a minor far-left supporters to suggest that Labour has an antisemitism problem.

The Tories have FAR more division than the Labour party, the difference is that they unite together in the face of their opposition, whereas some MPs in the Labour party seem to be undermining them at every point PURELY to try and remove them as a leader.

As I said, she should have quit at the very beginning, if she believes her electorate strongly support her pro-Israel views then she would have been elected as an independent.

Gwadien

I've still not seen any evidence of anti-semitism, bar from far left loonies on Twitter.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Address his points?
Corbyn was pretty much the most disloyal Labour MP ever. Who was sending death threats to him for it?

By Gwadien's logic Corbyn should have resigned from the party when Smith was made leader, when Blair was made leader, when Brown was made leader, when Miliband was made leader. Ridiculous argument.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I've still not seen any evidence of anti-semitism, bar from far left loonies on Twitter.
Alex Scott-Samuel hasn't been ousted from the party.

(Yes, I know he's Jewish, but for some reason he fucking loves anti-semitic conspiracy theories. If he wasn't rabidly pro-Corbyn he'd have been thrown out)

Gwadien

Corbyn was pretty much the most disloyal Labour MP ever. Who was sending death threats to him for it?

By Gwadien's logic Corbyn should have resigned from the party when Smith was made leader, when Blair was made leader, when Brown was made leader, when Miliband was made leader. Ridiculous argument.

Mmm, not really, because he agreed with the above on many of their policies and followed the party where he saw fit.

The difference is that Corbyn is extreme so whilst his some of his policies are popular amongst other MPs, they decide to paint him as a jew hating communist and disagree with him on everything.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Mmm, not really, because he agreed with the above on many of their policies and followed the party where he saw fit.

I.E. Hardly ever. He showed no loyalty to his leaders at all. You can't have it both ways.

Gwadien

I think there's a difference between a veteran politician who has stuck to his guns for generations and someone who decides to not follow their leader because of their views on a single policy, and deciding to actively dismantle their leadership by smearing their own party with allegations of antisemitism when it reality she's trying to react against a growing hostility towards Israel.

I'd just much prefer it if people manned up and said he's a threat to the middling and upper classes.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I think there's a difference between a veteran politician who has stuck to his guns for generations and someone who decides to not follow their leader because of their views on a single policy, and deciding to actively dismantle their leadership by smearing their own party with allegations of antisemitism when it reality she's trying to react against a growing hostility towards Israel.

I'd just much prefer it if people manned up and said he's a threat to the middling and upper classes.
That doesn't even make sense. Corbyn publicly (very) disagreed with all his leaders, even when he wasn't a veteran, and was allowed to remain an MP. MPs who publicly disagree with Corbyn are being hounded. What the fuck has that got to do with class? They disagree on anti-semitism and brexit.

'It's different when Corbyn does it because reasons...'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom