Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
BBC iPlayer - We Are British Jews - Series 1: Episode 2

This is fucking fascinating.

It really does confirm my views of Zionists.

As soon as a Palestinian starts to argue his point of view, some of the group storm off then start mocking the Palestinians, one was talking to a goat saying 'unlucky, you're going to be halal meat' YOU EAT KOSHER YOU FUCKING WEIRDO.

I'm not anti-Semitic, but this has definitely confirmed my views on Zionists.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
BBC iPlayer - We Are British Jews - Series 1: Episode 2

This is fucking fascinating.

It really does confirm my views of Zionists.

As soon as a Palestinian starts to argue his point of view, some of the group storm off then start mocking the Palestinians, one was talking to a goat saying 'unlucky, you're going to be halal meat' YOU EAT KOSHER YOU FUCKING WEIRDO.

I'm not anti-Semitic, but this has definitely confirmed my views on Zionists.

I suggest you watch

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
No..we're the racists..you goddam denier.

Job

Hardly...the welfare state in the UK us a bemoth.
Only a third of the people make the money..the other two thirds either claim it or work for the government.
No one starves..no one is denied medical care unless its a cockup.
Half of Liverpool is on benefits a good percentage are multi generation dolers.
Theres no one without a smartphone and a 50 inch tv.
They take taxis to the shops.
Its based on envy, working class people live like kings of old.
Taxing the rich will just mean they fuck off and we'll be left with millions of useless lumps of lard.
I meet them everyday, moaning about a little bit of damp, asking the landlord to come and change lightbulbs..meanwhile they are fat, warm, comfortable, warm house, hot water, internet tv, smartphone...havent worked a day in their lives, still not happy.
Labour voters everyone of them.

Gwadien

Hardly...the welfare state in the UK us a bemoth.
Only a third of the people make the money..the other two thirds either claim it or work for the government.
No one starves..no one is denied medical care unless its a cockup.
Half of Liverpool is on benefits a good percentage are multi generation dolers.
Theres no one without a smartphone and a 50 inch tv.
They take taxis to the shops.
Its based on envy, working class people live like kings of old.
Taxing the rich will just mean they fuck off and we'll be left with millions of useless lumps of lard.
I meet them everyday, moaning about a little bit of damp, asking the landlord to come and change lightbulbs..meanwhile they are fat, warm, comfortable, warm house, hot water, internet tv, smartphone...havent worked a day in their lives, still not happy.
Labour voters everyone of them.

It's called being content.

Marx has always said there will be a revolution to remove Capitalism - and so far, most things Marx has said has come true.

After the world war the NHS was setup as a means to appease the people, people were coming home carrying guns and were not very happy, so the Government needed a way to please them, NHS was the answer, as time goes on the Government actively does more to distract the people away from the reality of their position, and it works!

Pay, for a start. With the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer, it appears only fair to increase the amount of money that they get, minimum wage is a farce.

Post brexit, we'll probably have more benefits and encourage more foreign workers so our output is still high but the workforce & 'lazy natives' are still content.

Job

You cant make mimimum wage any higher..its allready getting close to skilled workers.
Theres plenty of time served skilled workers in this country on 10 quid an hour.
Oh well fuck it, lets earn 9 stacking shelves.

Gwadien

You cant make mimimum wage any higher..its allready getting close to skilled workers.
Theres plenty of time served skilled workers in this country on 10 quid an hour.
Oh well fuck it, lets earn 9 stacking shelves.

You're telling me you're on £10 a hour?

Job

No, but I know a panel beater for BMW who is.

Job

Er...
Have a go yourself, it takes years through an apprenticeship to learn panel beating.
Holy fuck, that is a PROPER skill.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Er...
Have a go yourself, it takes years through an apprenticeship to learn panel beating.
Holy fuck, that is a PROPER skill.
Not really. I work with an ex panel beater. He does it in his spare time (does up classic camper vans and the like). Anyone can learn it, because in theory it's a very simple skill, it just takes time to learn it right.

But that's the point - anyone can learn it. Not anyone can learn what he does now - Cyber Security - because it requires intellectual skills that not everyone has the gumption to master.

In fact, he says he does the panel beating because, and I quote, "I can turn off my mind"...

Edit: Either way - it turns out they're well paid, so your initial premise was incorrect. Probably because you made it up, as usual.

Gwadien

Edit: Either way - it turns out they're well paid, so your initial premise was incorrect. Probably because you made it up, as usual.

Yeah, it's that 'up to' which is critical.

Lots of entry level jobs don't encourage any form of longevity - I find it a crime for people to be working at Tesco for 25-30 years and still be on minimum wage. Sure they should take advantage of promotions and such, but the pay should reflect the work and experience that you put in.

That's a great example though - Tesco, MASSIVELY over staffed and chronically underpaid, it's a poor approach to have.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lots of entry level jobs don't encourage any form of longevity - I find it a crime for people to be working at Tesco for 25-30 years and still be on minimum wage. Sure they should take advantage of promotions and such, but the pay should reflect the work and experience that you put in.
Pay should be A) fair - so Tesco, who's wages we subsidise through our taxes, whilst they pay dividends to shareholders (therefore, our tax goes to shareholders) fails on that completely.

However, it should B) reflect the level of work and responsibility - and other than going up by inflation, it shouldn't automatically go up because of age.

There's limited scope for experience to be a factor in shelf-stacking. After 12 months I'm pretty sure you know all you're ever going to know about picking up boxes and putting them where you're told to.

If you want a better paid job you should apply for better paid jobs, not expect to get paid double what the new teenage shelf-stacker is getting paid just by virtue of the fact that you've shown a shocking lack of ambition to progress beyond box-lifting for 20 years.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah, it's that 'up to' which is critical.

That's a great example though - Tesco, MASSIVELY over staffed and chronically underpaid, it's a poor approach to have.

Profoundly disagree. The connection between longevity of employment and pay is a disaster for the economy long-term. For most people it shouldn’t be an issue because they need to develop skills anyway,and hence, justify increased pay through productivity improvement; but stacking shelves isn’t one of those jobs unless you’re doing it 50% faster, which is what you should be paid more money for, not just because you’ve been doing it for 20 years.

Job

Not really. I work with an ex panel beater. He does it in his spare time (does up classic camper vans and the like). Anyone can learn it, because in theory it's a very simple skill, it just takes time to learn it right.

But that's the point - anyone can learn it. Not anyone can learn what he does now - Cyber Security - because it requires intellectual skills that not everyone has the gumption to master.

In fact, he says he does the panel beating because, and I quote, "I can turn off my mind"...

That is such utter boloks and coming from the class champion as well, anyone can learn anything unless they have special needs.
Banging out panels on your camper van is hardly the same as someone who repairs BMW panels to factory spec.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
anyone can learn anything unless they have special needs.
That's utter utter shite.

There's a reason we have a system of education that measures people from A-F (or A*** > C) in exams, and from GCSE, A-Level, Under, PostGrad and Doctoral.

It's got it's issues, absolutely, but the idea that we're all equally intelligent and capable is demonstrably wrong in intellect as it is in physical attributes. Your genetics, as well as how you're brought up, have a bearing on your potential educational attainment.

But since you've zero educational attainment it must be comforting for you to feel like that. Rocket scientist you'll never be. Or the vast majority of us - because the vast majority of us don't have the intellectual makeup to be able to handle the requirements.

Job

That's utter utter shite.

There's a reason we have a system of education that measures people from A-F (or A*** > C) in exams, and from GCSE, A-Level, Under, PostGrad and Doctoral.

It's got it's issues, absolutely, but the idea that we're all equally intelligent and capable is demonstrably wrong in intellect as it is in physical attributes. Your genetics, as well as how you're brought up, have a bearing on your potential educational attainment.

But since you've zero educational attainment it must be comforting for you to feel like that. Rocket scientist you'll never be. Or the vast majority of us - because the vast majority of us don't have the intellectual makeup to be able to handle the requirements.
Bolocks, most have us have roughly the same IQ, its interest, experience, laziness and personal drive that drop people off either side.
Rocket scientist isnt even that difficult, though its the classic statement.
90% of people could learn 90% of jobs within a year if they really had to.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bolocks, most have us have roughly the same IQ.
No we don't. Not at all.

An IQ difference of 3 or 4 gives rise to very noticeable differences. When the average IQ is 100 and a range of 90-110 is easily breached that's a range of 20 - which is huge.

You'll find people in the highly skilled jobs have much higher IQs than that. And that's not by accident.

Job

Most jobs do not require the full extent of a persons IQ.
They are learned , repeated tasks.
4th dimensional maths or politics will stretch the brain.
More importantly we are handing over high thinking to software that does the grind for us.
A ten year old could design a building using the latest architect programs.
Design it perfectly down to door widths, structure loads, waste pipe sizing, acoustic resonance.
Theres probably an app for it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A ten year old could design a building using the latest architect programs.
Design it perfectly down to door widths, structure loads, waste pipe sizing, acoustic resonance.
No they couldn't, what a fucking stupid thing to say.

Job

I wa5ched one being used on youtube.
The guy designed the building by choosing from templates, he pulled the corners to increase the dimensions and the software calculated all the internal structures, pipework..electrics, wind loads, heat and aircon, costs, materials...the fuckin lot and obviously it can.
It used to take whole offices of skilled workers to design.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Most jobs do not require the full extent of a persons IQ.
They are learned , repeated tasks.
We're talking about skilled jobs, not repetitive wank, remember:
PROPER skill.

More importantly we are handing over high thinking to software that does the grind for us.
You contradict yourself in that sentence. We DO have software that does the grind, but we do the high-thinking, the ones of us with the IQs and skills for it, that is. (e.g. the people who create the software that does the grind).

You keep on going on about AI taking over high-thinking jobs, but by it's very nature it can't, it can only do the grind, often much faster than us (data analysis of huge datasets), but it can't think outside of the box we've made for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom