Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I read the communication workers Trade Union yearly report one year, bored.
It did a break down if expenses and income..I think it was 7 million roughly..it broke it right down to tea and coffee at the meetings...it all totalled 3.7 million.
The rest of the balance just came under..other expenses.
I pointed this out and was treated like the enemy of the brothers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What. You went to the trade union workers meeting and then read the report in front of them?

Just wondering when you read it - because to be treated like an enemy of the brothers there'd have to be some brothers around to treat you like an enemy.

Or did you browse it, bored, not understand it and walk into a bar full of trade unionists (??!) and tell 'em they're all bent?

Or are you just making it up from a series of unconnected memories and conflating it into something that never was?

Job

It was sent out to everyone..no ones arsed to read it, I just read through it at my desk and then pointed it out at the water cooler as they say..it didnt go down well, the union are beyond reproach...well they were then..now people think they are self serving shysters.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tories cut policing but pointlessly raise sentences as that makes them appear "tough on crime" whilst actually they're really appealing to Base mob feelings.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Tories cut policing but pointlessly raise sentences as that makes them appear "tough on crime" whilst actually they're really appealing to Base mob feelings.

This @Job you cut policing, lose beat officers of course crime is going to go up... that's just logic.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
But its fine, they've taken police away from areas where poor kids kill each other on a monthly basis to stand around pretending they can prevent an on-going terrorist attack.

What gets newspaper headlines? That is what is more important.

Job

You couldnt really do anything but increase sentencing, firstly you have to do some serious shit to go to prison, there are a thousand layers of let off decisions before that, then they have another thousand layers of get out early legislation.

A few years back two bouncers had a fight with a pissed young lad in a local bar, they threw him out and he came back and launched a brick at them, it fell short he was blind drunk, they chased him into an alley and stabbed him to death.
They got...sit down for this, 6 years each and were out after two on a tag.

So ..no sentencing and zero policing is the key, the reason there is so much crime is because there is so much crime by repeat offenders who know even if caught they will be out again to carry on regardless.

The son of woman in the wifes running club, got done for assault on his girlfriend, suspended sentence, don't go near her..he does, gets half of the sentence in jail.
Fair enough, except it turned out that was the NINTH time he had gone here and the NINTH time she had called the Police.
That is quite simply idiotic, it sends a message that the courts are a pushover and by his eight talking to he basically decided nothing was going to happen, his mates see they can get away with 8 prods, probably refers to all crime.
Victim blaming, massive pensions, expensive justice, the police and CPS are rotten to the core

Tom

I am a FH squatter
This @Job you cut policing, lose beat officers of course crime is going to go up... that's just logic.

That's just made up tbh. There doesn't seem to be much correlation between the number of police and the amount of crime.

Job

People are not stationary objects like a bus shelter..they react to crime, they avoid areas, lock the doors, put up cameras, fencing around the back gate.
Crime figures do not represent the fear people live under...you could have crazed knifemen going down the street and knifings would fall because everyone would stay inside.
Liberals always tolerate crime as long as its happening to someone else.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
People are not stationary objects like a bus shelter..they react to crime, they avoid areas, lock the doors, put up cameras, fencing around the back gate.
Crime figures do not represent the fear people live under...you could have crazed knifemen going down the street and knifings would fall because everyone would stay inside.
Liberals always tolerate crime as long as its happening to someone else.

So what's caused this spike in crime @Job ?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Why do reoffenders reoffend? Too much carrot not enough stick?

Norway seems to believe carrots are more effective than sticks

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why do reoffenders reoffend? Too much carrot not enough stick?

Norway seems to believe carrots are more effective than sticks
And Norway has much lower reoffending rates than Blighty, lower overall crime rates and a much smaller prison population by proportion of the country's population.

Stick is for idiots. If the death penalty was much of a deterrent then murder rates in the US would be really low eh? But no - the call to heavily punish people is no more than a childish 'they hurt people lets hurt them back' emotional reaction.

I'd much rather do something effective than something that made idiots feel good.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Effective policies do not get votes in blighty it seems
We're not very clever tbh. Not that we don't have the potential to be - we're all the same animal - but Blighty is a high-pressure, low-wage, money-obsessed society which has been systematically underfunding it's education system for a while now. (Or rather, we've been funding a production-line education that pumps out ineffective drones for business, rather than producting independent-thinking well-rounded humans).

We're very much more like America than the rest of Europe. We're such "individualists" we don't have that basic understanding of connectedness that's required for policies like this. We'd much rather see someone punished than rehabilitated - because the idea of rehabilitation and what it means for society is too complex for time-and-education-poor populace.

This thinking shows in all sorts of arenas of our society - you only have to look at the levels of solidarity with, say, striking workers who are after better pay and conditions - practically zero in most cases. People don't give a fuck about other people.

Not *everyone* is like this - but IMO I think this sort of thinking is more prevelant in the UK than, say, the scandanavian countries in particular.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't give a shit what happens to criminals tbh, so long as crime goes down.

If hugging them does that then do it, if firing them into the channel by cannon does it, do that. I'm not a criminal psychologist like Gwadian and Job are though.

London has always been a hellhole though so I wouldn't worry too much about levels of crime there. It doesn't necessarily represent the rest of the country.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
London has always been a hellhole though so I wouldn't worry too much about levels of crime there. It doesn't necessarily represent the rest of the country.
Y'see @Ormorof - why should we give a fuck about London eh*?

It's not as if the same laws apply there as to anywhere else, so bringing crime down in london would perhaps give rise to effective policies that could be pushed out to the rest of the country?

No. Fuck London. London ain't here...

*edit: Apart from the obvious - having sympathy for victims of crime wherever they are and wishing to better the lives of all, with an understanding that the interconnectedness of countries (both within and internationally) means crime elsewhere has an effect on us all. But then I'm some fucking utopian snowflake fairy social justice single parent cunt warrior for thinking such unrealistic thoughts ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Labour completely and utterly failing at being opposition again.

The Tories need fucking, Labour in the position to do it, fucking get on and do it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, but saying it would be funny if you were sodomised with your own piano and died of a sore arse could definitely be taken that way.

He's an MP now, not a bloke on the street or in a pub. His standards need to be higher - but given it was 15 years ago he won't get much flack from this - it's more about showing up what a fucking awful piece of shit the Guido Fawkes website is tbh...

Job

All the human rights and workers rights that the EU could throw at it, but still men are en masse abusing women they have power over.

Job

So latest Tory idea, tax the pensions for the old to give to the young, I presume the Tories just want Corbyn to be given the premiership so they can blame him for brexit and regroup.

The Tories are on a suicide mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom