Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The only reason Labour want them to vote at 16 is because they are all naive enough to vote Labour, without question.

Which is the same reason the Tories filibustered it.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
We're heading for another General Election. FFS we're such a nation of tards.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The spirit of what she was suggesting was clearly combat.

As it happens if you want to make the case for 16 year olds voting you don’t have to drag the military into it. No taxation without representation. 16-17 year olds are the only (potential) tax payers who don’t get a say in how their taxes are spent. Now, I personally think they’re too immature to vote, so I wouldn’t tax them.
This is the world we have slipped into...purile, pedantic accusations of incompetence...making number errors, pulled up on small points of fact, when everyone knows what she meant.
Its a diseased culture that ignores the real bullshit, its like the whole press has become grammar natsies.
And it is the press, because our entire knowledge of what happens 99% of the time in the world comes through them.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This is the world we have slipped into...purile, pedantic accusations of incompetence...making number errors, pulled up on small points of fact, when everyone knows what she meant.
Its a diseased culture that ignores the real bullshit, its like the whole press has become grammar natsies.
And it is the press, because our entire knowledge of what happens 99% of the time in the world comes through them.

@DaGaffer but you're alright with this voting?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
...and if we extrapolated that it would be an additional £1,476,000,000 a year....for stationary. 180 school days, 8.2mil students.

Yeah, nah.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Surprising to no one...

A landmark study has linked Tory austerity to 120,000 deaths

Do you still have that clear conscience @Bodhi ?

Yes, clearer than ever - especially watching McDonnell back track about the war games they were playing for the inevitable run on the pound if Labour get in. Add that in with the inevitable capital flight from the UK (which they aren't planning for, of course) I'd like to know where all this free money you've been promised is going to come from.

As the researchers themselves note, this study cannot be used to draw any firm conclusions about the cause of excess deaths.

As such, meaningless politically charged study is meaningless.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd like to know where all this free money you've been promised is going to come from.
Instead of printing it and giving it directly to the rich, who stash it away abroad, perhaps we can print it and give it to our public services or fund infrastructure projects instead.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
200,000 new homes would thin out Scouse's main source of income due to home-inflation..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
200,000 new homes would thin out Scouse's main source of income due to home-inflation..
Nottingham's one of the cheapest areas in the country to buy a house. (Not sure why, it's not a shithole and has good transport links). Both of my 3 bed semi's, with garages, two car drives and small gardens could be had for less than £280k in total... For two...

Why anyone lives in London is beyond me. Bloke at work is buying a 2 up 2 down in Brighton with no parking (that costs him 600 quid a year) for about half a million.

Way to tie yourself into being a slave to work for most of your life eh? :)

Job

Well you get paid more and can cash in those hell years for a lovely 6 bedroom barn conversion in the country and have 200K left for partying.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well you get paid more and can cash in those hell years for a lovely 6 bedroom barn conversion in the country and have 200K left for partying.

Which is pretty much what my brother is about to do...in Nottingham. Done his term in London and now he's cashing in.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Which is pretty much what my brother is about to do...in Nottingham. Done his term in London and now he's cashing in.
Nice.

Thing is- you don't get paid *that* much more.

My mortgage would come to about £400/month - on a 400k mortgage (cheap) it'd be about £2500/month. You'd have to be earning more than 25 grand a year extra just to break even - and london weighting's a few grand on a permie job...

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
- and london weighting's a few grand on a permie job...

OMG i always thought it was 'London waiting' as in having to wait around for public transport and getting home late, so you get more money for the inconvenience.

Never seen it actually written down before...Haa Haa

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Nice.

Thing is- you don't get paid *that* much more.

My mortgage would come to about £400/month - on a 400k mortgage (cheap) it'd be about £2500/month. You'd have to be earning more than 25 grand a year extra just to break even - and london weighting's a few grand on a permie job...

When I lived in London it was simply because the type of job I wanted to do was mostly in London/South East, and because most people change jobs frequently these days, its easier to live in London where there are multiple employers. The occasional job that came up outside London didn't actually pay that much less, but wasn't worth the risk of a move, especially as the value of your house in London (if you can afford one) is ramping up much faster than elsewhere. Thing is though, my first flat in London (in 1997) was less than 100 grand for a two bed; you'd be talking three times that now and wages haven't remotely kept up (in fact if I look at jobs in London carrying my job title from 20 years ago they seem to paying about the same!) I genuinely don't know how anyone without a bankers' bonus "gets on the ladder" in London at all any more.

Job

Working in this house today, it overlooks Royal Birkdale and the owner was offered a 100K by Coke to paint it as a Coke can.
If you spin around, the art deco end house across the road is Alan Hansens, he s lived there for 20 years.

Google Maps

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
The creativity of your bullshit is getting better.

Not too far from me, "The Round House" is well known and he was offered the money for sponsorship during The Open years ago. Most of the houses along that road are rented out for corporate hospitality during the golf, for many moneys. It's also a fact that lots of people rent out their properties for 2 weeks to golfers or spectators, go on holiday and come back with change.
I've been tempted but don't fancy people living in my house while I'm not there.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Same here, live near a golf course that has been used for PGA games, a few people I know have rented out their place...obviously nothing close to Royal Birkdale quality though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom