Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Strong and stable, eh? More like the weakest Prime Minister this country has seen in a long time, with ministers openly voicing their dissent.

She won't last long.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes..thatll help..the most obese kids in Europe kept in free chicken nuggets, meanwhile the leader of the opposition wouldnt use our nuclear detterent.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'll post this and wait for someone to explain that it's perfectly normal to use this type of language:

Tory MP Anne Marie Morris Recorded Saying Brexit No Deal Is A ‘N***** In A Woodpile' | HuffPost UK

I get it, and yet I really can't bring myself to give a shit. I think this quote in the article was what just make me sigh over the tedious "outrage":

Tim Farron MP said:
This disgusting comment belongs in the era of the Jim Crow laws and has no place in our parliament.

Well, a. it wasn't in Parliament, and b. what exactly do the Jim Crow laws have to do with the UK? While its a pejorative phrase, the real outrage is American.

She's a stupid Tory cow, so using that expression probably isn't the worst thing she did that day. Bigger fish to fry people.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I get it, and yet I really can't bring myself to give a shit. I think this quote in the article was what just make me sigh over the tedious "outrage":

This, whinge when she says something dangerous (probably frequently as a modern Tory) not when she says something stupid.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yeah, I love the word nigger, makes sure they know their place in society is.

Just a shame we don't do the same to the Pakis.

Gwadien

Labour's Rebecca Long-Bailey 'won't use morally wrong Uber' - BBC News

Easy decision to make when you can pick the expensive option and put it on expenses, but tell me, is there a list of morally acceptable companies we can use? For instance I just popped to the Spar (yes, yes I know, but I live near Stoke) - are they OK?

This is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever seen anyway - every Uber driver I've spoken to love working for Uber, many of them being former taxi/black cab drivers.

I think it's more Labour supporting the Black Cab drivers in London.

Which is alright, but I spoke to a Uber driver who was a black cab driver in London for years, he was slating Uber in London because the black cabs were so good and fair (apparently?) however in Leicester, they're fucking awful, they'll do x3/4 their normal prices at busy times (or when people are drunk) and they'd have their relatives driving their cabs illegally, hence why he supported uber in Leicester.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
From my time in London I don't actually see Uber as the problem - it's Addison fucking Lee. No idea what the services is like, but every AL car I've seen has been driven fucking appaulingly.

Gwadien

From my time in London I don't actually see Uber as the problem - it's Addison fucking Lee. No idea what the services is like, but every AL car I've seen has been driven fucking appaulingly.

Aye, this is precisely what this Uber driver was saying - if you're in London, you get annoyed because all the tests you have to go through, then you actually realise that Uber is just better than Black Cabs and they're having adapt in response.

For instance black cabs now apparently have card readers, but I can't see how that's proper progression tbh.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
London black cabbies do have a valid argument against Uber drivers as most of them have little to no knowledge about London & it's roads, especially the complex central zones and one way systems. They all just rely on sat-nav and that can be a big problem here.

However the competition from Uber have forced the black cabs to change for the better by making them accept card payments and allowing pre-booked and realtime fixed fare apps without paying a stupid premium.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A card reader should be mandatory under the licence to run a taxi.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its no different here with cabs/taxis.

They probably only do it so they can charge extra to drive you to a cash point then sit there for a few mins picking their arse.

Gwadien

London black cabbies do have a valid argument against Uber drivers as most of them have little to no knowledge about London & it's roads, especially the complex central zones and one way systems. They all just rely on sat-nav and that can be a big problem here.

However the competition from Uber have forced the black cabs to change for the better by making them accept card payments and allowing pre-booked and realtime fixed fare apps without paying a stupid premium.

Don't you think sat-nav technology is good enough now though? I mean a few years ago where it didn't update it would be an issue, but now?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
There are some good points regarding regulation, such as vehicle servicing, background checks on drivers, driver accountability/etc.
Cabs operate under stricter regulation that incur costs, that Uber skirts/ignores ( depending on local legislation ) that let Uber undercut cab companies.

That bit is unfair. The fair bit is Uber drivers typically offering a better service and payment options.

Gwadien

Taxis around here are usually cunts too, whereas Uber drivers seem alot more chilled and generally happy.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
That's because Uber drivers are reliant on their customers rating them 5 stars.
They can get bounced from being a driver if they fall below a certain threshold.
While taxi drivers don't have to pretend to give a shit.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Don't you think sat-nav technology is good enough now though? I mean a few years ago where it didn't update it would be an issue, but now?

Sure sat-nav is great but London is often described as a special case. Uber drivers here are generalised as immigrants with no knowledge of the short cuts, traffic hot spots, best routes to avoid rush hour, drive unsafely, can't use the bus lanes etc and dumbly rely on the sat-nav directions. I've certainly had a few bad personal experiences, enough that I often don't feel like using Uber anymore. The easier payment & pickup options are certainly a huge plus though.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Uber is having little in roads up here, we have Europes largest private hire firm and they have it boxed off.
Funnily enough the owners are family friends, they lived with us in Cornwall...didnt like it..went back up north and started a taxi business...they are now multi millionaires and we're broke.
The son, who I grew up with, drives a frickin Lambo painted in the firms colours.
He has turned into a tit, his parents are still down to Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom