Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Surveillance = surveillance

Keeping a record on file = Keeping a record on file
Fucking lol! :D

And how do you update that record? What task do you perform to gather information for that file? Do you think they wrote fucking letters to the elected officials and asked them to keep them updated or something?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Do you think that Theresa May and the entire Tory party now have files on them for going into government with the DUP?

It's not just corbyn - it's about ten labour shadow MP's - including Peter Hain, Harriot Harmond. Plus people like Green MP Caroline Lucas etc.

Basically - state surveillance of non-Tory opposition MPs. People who would have perfectly legitimate reasons for talking to organisations that require political solutions.

Well according to your link, surveillance on them didn't finish until the early 2000's - if it was just becuase they were opposition MP's, Mr Blair took a whille to figure out whether they were on his side or not (probably understandable in Corbyn's case).

I'm also failing to see the link between the DUP (who were always solely a political organisation) and Sinn Fein in the 80's (the "political" wing of the IRA).

I'm also slightly bemused by the fuss around the arrangement with the DUP - as this is the 3rd election in a row they've been mentioned as a coalition partner - by 3 different parties!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Do you think that Theresa May and the entire Tory party now have files on them for going into government with the DUP?

It's not just corbyn - it's about ten labour shadow MP's - including Peter Hain, Harriot Harmond. Plus people like Green MP Caroline Lucas etc.

Basically - state surveillance of non-Tory opposition MPs. People who would have perfectly legitimate reasons for talking to organisations that require political solutions.

Jesus Christ you are stupid.

Having a file on someone does not equal state surveillance, it is the sensible thing to do, plenty of Tory MPs have had files at one time or another, as have hundreds of thousands of other people.

It may come as a surprise to you but before they can decide if someone is or isn't a problem, they do actually have to write their name on a folder and put things in that folder, that does not equal wire taps, people hanging about in dry cleaning vans and secret tapes.

For fucks sake.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fucking lol! :D

And how do you update that record? What task do you perform to gather information for that file? Do you think they wrote fucking letters to the elected officials and asked them to keep them updated or something?

Not over a period of 20 years, which is the point that *you* made "under surveillance for 20 years"

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyway, lets look at it another way. Pretend you are an MI5 dude.

You have an active terrorist organisation with a political wing, Mr backbench MP (actually, he was just an activist when the file was opened) spends a lot of time with them, do you take his word for it that he just wants to be besties or do you do a little checking?

Fairly simple answer.

All information would be kept on file for future use and record, just in case, obviously.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
19510576_472127173132675_5217371238694745918_n.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's actually quite amusing @BloodOmen.

Proof that austerity is ideological eh @Bodhi? When they need / want the cash it's there...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The numbers don't stack up. 0.8 billion for Royal mail?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes, well done for stating the bleeding obvious. Flowers are in the post.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Are you accusing the Tories of bad maths? Look at the source on the picture...

He's still right though; 51% of Royal Mail at current market would be about £2.2bn, and of course there would be a premium on that.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
At least 2.5billion, probably nearer 5 for half. It was heavily under valued by the Tories when it was sold off, mates rates or whatever.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Market cap is something like £4.6bn so Gaff is about right, assuming they didn't want all of it.

National grid was something like £35bn and Labour mentioned renationalising that in passing too, although not specifically in their little red book.

DaGaffer

I've no idea why you'd want to re-nationalise Royal Mail anyway, I can definitely see the case for trains (although I can't see how you'd pony up for the subsidy a modern train service actually needs, which is 3-4 times what the government currently spends) and some state ownership of the national grid (for strategic national interest reasons) but the post office is ultimately just another logistics business, and the market has loads of those.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
That's actually quite amusing @BloodOmen.

Proof that austerity is ideological eh @Bodhi? When they need / want the cash it's there...

It is very amusing. Seems to be missing the really expensive stuff Labour were going to bribe the electorate with - like the free tuition fees bribe, extending HS2 past Manchester, etc. Compared to that some additional money for public services in Norn Ireland (which is a bad things now, apparently) is chicken feed.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
No money for anything. Meanwhile, ships, bombs, war and £1bil just lying around to hand out to those scumbags.

DaGaffer

It is very amusing. Seems to be missing the really expensive stuff Labour were going to bribe the electorate with - like the free tuition fees bribe, extending HS2 past Manchester, etc. Compared to that some additional money for public services in Norn Ireland (which is a bad things now, apparently) is chicken feed.

It is a "bad thing" because its clearly a bribe, and dissembling doesn't change that. There's a process for regional fund allocation, The Barnett Formula, which the Tories have repeatedly used as a stick to beat the regions with when they overspend or find other sources of money, and until the election there was no indication they were going to do anything extra for NI (if anything they were on a road to fucking up the province entirely). Now the DUP gets a billion quid to help keep them in power (don't deny it, that's what it is). The fact that there is an incidental benefit to the people in NI is irrelevant; why the tories have done it is the important issue.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They are paying it because they done fucked up.

Obvious for all to see, even my rabid Tory mother says they are a bunch of fuckwits.

They won't be winning the next election, which could be sooner than people think.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Could this whole shitshow have played out any worse?

They put a remainer in charge, then ran the worse campaign in living memory, had to give a billion to a bunch of rednecks and in doing so have undermined a fragile peace in Ireland.
Seriously make Farage the prime minister, he would actually be popular and could three face his way around the EU and the two Irelands.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am surprised you refer to them as rednecks @Job they appear to agree with you on many things.

But then so do Muslims.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

I don't really see how extending HS2 past Manchester is a bribe in any form.

It's more about the north-south divide thing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There isn't anything worth seeing that you would want to get a train to north of Manchester though. It might as well stop at Birmingham.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I am surprised you refer to them as rednecks @Job they appear to agree with you on many things.

But then so do Muslims.
Abortion always has to be challenged..without pro lifers we would have baby body part farms and morning after pills in vending machines.
Creationism is a theory based on a book..it should never be banned, just left there to be disproven.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The Conservative manifesto has officially been recognized as the worse manifesto in history.

I had a go at creating a Conservative manifesto once... i picked up some dogshit with The Express.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom