Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Taxis around here are usually cunts too, whereas Uber drivers seem alot more chilled and generally happy.

You still need a knowledge of the area. At the moment it is OK for accidents and whatnot and will give you alternative routes but its not always great at picking up on timing issues, it won't avoid schools at pick up time for example.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Also, all Ubers are Teslas, which are pretty comfy compared to the random lot of that shitty local taxi firm :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
They'll all be out of a job within 20 years anyway. If I was a taxi driver, I'd be looking at another career right now.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They'll all be out of a job within 20 years anyway. If I was a taxi driver, I'd be looking at another career right now.

20 years is optimistic. I reckon 5 for major US cities. UK might last longer because we drive on the wrong side.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Side of the road doesn't make any difference to AI.

It still won't be 5 years though.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yet the easiest one to go driverless is trains and underground but we still haven't.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
More like 20 tbh, the real world pushes humans to the limit, AI will need lots of roadside electronic help and we will have to learn to work with driverless cars.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
For the supermarket shit, definitely, but any chump can do that but. There will still be plenty of heavy units about, loads of stuff AI can't do like get onto awkward sites and unload heavy shit.

Most small unit distribution will likely be by balloon eventually anyway so all good for drivers.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

The Gig economy is simply a giant exploitation programme designed to circumvent workers' rights, and Uber is one of the worst. Rights that were fought and won over centuries and have been pissed away in a decade. And no, I don't care that Uber drivers' have a choice, they also have no economic power. There's also the fact that Uber offloads safety and regulatory issues to their drivers as well, which is even more reprehensible.

I will actually have more time for the likes of Uber once cars are actually automated, because the model is then akin to Airbnb where you're maximising an underutilised asset, but I still probably wouldn't use Uber themselves because even their corporate employees are treated like dirt.

And before anyone points out that there a plenty of other terrible businesses out there, I'm aware of that, but gig companies, where I know they exist, are my line. I'm not a fan of zero hour contracts either, and fortunately zero hour contracts are illegal in Ireland but there are still British companies who profit from them over here, like Sports Direct (since all their fulfilment is from the UK), and I won't use them either, but I recognise I'm a hypocrite on that one.

Job

They are being pissed up the wall by us, bohoo brexit will mean less cheap workers and the price of strawberries will go up.

We the great unwashed are demanding the corporations keep prices low so we can wallow in consumerism, everything is so cheap now to the point someone on benefits quite often has the same consumer goods as a millionaire.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The vote share secured by Mr Corbyn is similar to that won by Tony Blair in the landslide election of 2001, when the party won 413 seats, while the swing towards Labour in 2017 almost replicated that of 1997, when it won an unprecedented 418 seats and a House of Commons majority of 179.

Mr Corbyn also secured a higher vote share for Labour than in 2005, when Tony Blair won a third term as Prime Minister with a majority of 66.

However, the report highlights the scale of the task facing Labour. To win a parliamentary majority, Mr Corbyn would need a 3.6 per cent swing towards his party in 64 seats.
3.6% swing needed?

Job

This beast is now cutting all the grass verges around here.

ABR_VIS_221215MOWER-02.jpg

georgie

FH is my second home
I mean, the beard is quite manly but I certainly wouldn't call him a beast.

Job

So the little pricks at it again.
Khan representing the UK now, telling Trump he isnt welcome.
Jesus fuk, someone shoot that little weasle.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So the little pricks at it again.
Khan representing the UK now, telling Trump he isnt welcome.
Jesus fuk, someone shoot that little weasle.
To be fair Trump is about as welcome as a helmet-boil to everyone I know.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Pressing a stop/go button when a light comes on is serious and skilled work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom