Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Think youve been watching a southern baptist prayer weekend by mistake.

Acts ive seen have all been top notch
The Foos nailed it...but watching through the day..even the presenters were like wtf.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
19429694_10155616055354604_7073956407177099645_n.jpg

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Well if I read correctly you now have a parliament and it only cost you a billion quid.

Job

So Corbyn goes to Glastonbury and slightly enthues a smacked up crowd of hippies who will cheer any shit...then casually fucks up his entire career by mentioning Trident again .
How long before the Corbyn love in finally wears out.

Corbyn predicts he will be PM 'in six months'

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Considering that unverified statement has barely made a blip elsewhere i doubt he has "fucked up his career" by saying it

Job

Considering that unverified statement has barely made a blip elsewhere i doubt he has "fucked up his career" by saying it
A blip as in the Labour had to come out straight away and say basically its not his decision to make.
Which is not exactly an endorsement by your party.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
As always with the Guardian and the like, they have hacked to bits someone else's story and come up with an indignant rant.

No references, no sources but lets go off on one anyway.

No idea if it is true or not but these hacks (pretty much all papers these days) really ought to think about providing actual sources and proof before they leap, gracefully onto their high horse.

Seeing as not one of them actually corrects themselves later on, leaving all these garbage stories on record (and part of our history) It is getting to the point that news media is completely unreliable for historical record.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bit rabid there @Raven aren't you?

There's an investigation going on after questions in parliament - so how much fucking referencing do you want?

I though it was common knowledge that people like Abbot were under surveillance - the surprise here is how widespread.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
How is an opinion "rabid" or are you going full on sensationalism, as per your absolute favourite font of nonsense?

Bullshit, made up on a napkin the night before "stories" that are not corrected when the facts come out, not fact checked in the first place and with a hilarious political aim will become an ever larger problem in future.

As I said in the previous post, it isn't just the Guardian, they are all at it. Online references will be one of the only records we have in future, I think it's probably about time they were fact checked and corrected where necessary.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Care to provide a source?

Edit, looking into links with the IRA at the height of the troubles by MI5 is not quite the same as being under surveillance for 20 years.

Edit 2. If you dig a bit deeper what they actually did was open a preliminary file to determine whether he was one to watch or not...pretty sensible really.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Get asked for a source, return with a facepalm.

Sorry @Scouse but you will have to do better than that. Otherwise you just look like an angry little man again.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Whenever this thread gets bumped I'm wondering "oh we've got another election?"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Jeesus @Raven. - It's the fucking journalists job to source their stories - or are you the new Job shouting "fake news" every time something you find uncomfortable (or linked via the guardian - even though it was a Torygraph story to begin with) gets posted? The source I gave was the guardian (which you've discounted out of hand because it was the guardian - even though it contained links - which you could simply click on). Do you want me to link to the Beeb? The Torygraph? The Pitchford Enquiry itself? Or Nick Cleggs call for the investigation into why elected Labour MPs were put under surveillance?

Do you want me to provide the actual evidence? Maybe go and visit and interview people myself and provide videos to you?

I linked to a source which linked to multiple other sources. You shouted "fake news". Find your own sources if you don't like the stories being linked...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Still no actual source then.

Got it.

I asked you for a source (no, the Telegraph is not a source) even if you care to read the source you claim is a source all it says is "unnamed copper" So the Guardian have created an entire "story about a story" based on an unnamed source in another trashy publication and tried to create an opinion peace. Stupid people have picked up on it and have started asking all sorts of dumb rhetorical questions about something that was completely different to what actually happened, or may not have happened at all.

You need to calm down a bit man, you are getting all bent out of shape because someone disagrees with you, it can't be healthy.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Multiple sources produced. Click in article. Loads. Or are you still struggling with your reading?

Let me take you on a journey through the sources, shall I?

Exclusive: Special Branch monitored Jeremy Corbyn for 20 years amid fears he was 'undermining democracy'

The original "story" not a lot to go on... A couple of paragraphs that doesn't actually say anything at all and certainly doesn't provide any tangible facts, just "unnamed copper said"

Why were special branch watching me even when I was an MP? | Peter Hain

A guardian story, not pertinent to this alleged event.

Police continued spying on Labour activists after their election as MPs

Again, yet another Guardian story, not much to go on, just a ramble about the general collection of information, not exactly "Jeremy Corbyn under investigation for 20 years"

The investigation your are so excited to name drop is actually a general investigation into police and intelligence information gathering, brought about after revelations relating to the Stephen Lawrence family.

A rough top tip, it is poor form to reference some other hack job you wrote as a factual source. Your story is actually a cobbled together mess that references other cobbled together messes. They are not sources.

So, come on @Scouse please to be providing a reliable source that proves Corbyn was under surveillance for 20 years? Rather than "had a file for 20 years" which are two very, very different things.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"had a file for 20 years" which are two very, very different things.
Are they? Explain how keeping tabs on elected officials isn't state surveillance and maybe, maybe, I'll humour you with some token effort.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Surveillance = surveillance

Keeping a record on file = Keeping a record on file

I can't be arsed to copy and paste the dictionary definitions of words, I would have expected you to know them already anyway.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
As always. Link.

Anyway - this is a much more interesting story: Why was Corbyn under state surveillance for two decades when he's committed to non-violent protest and is democratically elected?

I'm guessing that it's due to the fact in the 80's he was frequently pictured having close chats with Gerry Adams and Patrick McGuiness, who at the time, were linked to an active terror organisation. As this terror organisation were setting bombs off in the UK at the time, I'd suggest MI5 having a file on him was the sensible thing to do.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm guessing that it's due to the fact in the 80's he was frequently pictured having close chats with Gerry Adams and Patrick McGuiness, who at the time, were linked to an active terror organisation. As this terror organisation were setting bombs off in the UK at the time, I'd suggest MI5 having a file on him was the sensible thing to do.
Do you think that Theresa May and the entire Tory party now have files on them for going into government with the DUP?

It's not just corbyn - it's about ten labour shadow MP's - including Peter Hain, Harriot Harmond. Plus people like Green MP Caroline Lucas etc.

Basically - state surveillance of non-Tory opposition MPs. People who would have perfectly legitimate reasons for talking to organisations that require political solutions.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Whenever this thread gets bumped I'm wondering "oh we've got another election?"

As the thread starter I'm just enjoying the cashflow generated. Everyone else gets 10p per post on their threads right? it's not just me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom