TV Game of Thrones Season 3

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Was wondering wether to read the books or not, but after not knowing what was going to happen in the recent episode. I am glad I have not, gave it more of a shock value. My mate who's read them, said to wait till the series finishes before reading, or skip them entirely.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I saw that, people actually record themselves watching TV...?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Just watched the episode and I am lost for words.. I thought all was gonna be well for once! But after almost three seasons, what did I expect, lol?

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Awesome episode, going to be gutted when I have to wait for season 4.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
errr. Failure to read the thread much?

I think the series has been excellent. I thought a few parts of it that were sort of tied off in that episode were disappointing.

But sorry...How dare people not think it's the best thing since the Wire though, right?!

Failure to read my reply?

You seemed to respond to every little departure from the original story arc, which I thought to be quite pointless, as they are way too numerous. As you for assuming me a typical fanboy, I don't rate the show that highly anyway, sooo...

The only storyarc twist that have worried me so far is the death of the "Queen of the North", depending on what's in store for the Roslings in the book

ileks

Part of the furniture
I knew it was coming but it still made me genuinely sad. You really do HATE the villains in this don't you.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I knew it was coming but it still made me genuinely sad. You really do HATE the villains in this don't you.

You do indeed. Even the books haven't revealed what's going to happen yet but my money is on Arya cleaning house. Sansa will figure in it somehow as well, not sure how yet. But it will be epic and it will be long overdue...

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I do hope Arya fuck up everything at some point.

Her face to face threat at the Hound was brilliant :D

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I do hope Arya fuck up everything at some point.

Her face to face threat at the Hound was brilliant :D

Arya: "I know a real killer...." Hound: "Is this him?" Arya: "No" Hound: "Oh good!" *steps towards him*

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
im catching up on this atm, and some fuckbrain was bleurging the finale all over facebook within about 5 minutes of it going out, really hate retards like that :(

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Watched it and thought The TV adaptation did it justice, however it was not as horrific as it could have been. I haven't read the books however Kiffy is and he woke me in the middle of the night after this incident just to talk about it. He rarely spoils anything for me when it comes to books vs TV, however in this instance he did so I expected the very worst. It was gruesome but I remember the closing and build up of the 3rd season of Supernatural making me more sad. I think it is because in the TV series of GoT there is less opportunity to create an affiliation with the characters as there are so many. I have deliberately decided not to read the books until he is done... This is because I know that waiting for them to be released will drive me insane :p.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Haven't seen it yet, but I have read the books.

A friend said the only thing he was disappointed in...

He didn't think the show managed to get across the actual scale of the slaughter at the red wedding... IE - hundreds of people die, not just the main characters... but literally ALL of their men as well.

Cant wait to see it for myself, and also cant wait to see my Missus' reaction as she loves the show but hasn't read the books.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Doesn't pretty much the entire army get slaughtered? You don't see that and it's barely implied. Also in the books Robb's whole entourage is killed and they have time to develop some more characters so it's even worse.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
I thought the episode was awesome, although I knew what was coming.

I have to say though, from the tv perspective, it really didn't make me feel very much. I think the problem with having to cram so many storylines into the show means that the connection with the characters is nowhere near what it is from the books. I've been watching the Walking Dead recently and that has made me feel a lot more about every character that's lost (although I suppose the nature of the show also ties you into a really small set of characters there). I guess partly prior knowledge is to blame in as much as the expectation overwhelms the actual wedding scene itself. The episode was great but I was quite surprised how little I felt as I watched it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I thought the episode was awesome, although I knew what was coming.

I have to say though, from the tv perspective, it really didn't make me feel very much. I think the problem with having to cram so many storylines into the show means that the connection with the characters is nowhere near what it is from the books. I've been watching the Walking Dead recently and that has made me feel a lot more about every character that's lost (although I suppose the nature of the show also ties you into a really small set of characters there). I guess partly prior knowledge is to blame in as much as the expectation overwhelms the actual wedding scene itself. The episode was great but I was quite surprised how little I felt as I watched it.

I think the same can be said for most good TV shows... The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad etc. Those shows focus on just a few main characters in the same (infact, those series are all longer than a series of GoT) amount of time, so you become more attached. For instance
Omar's
death in the The Wire, and
Chris'
in The Sopranos really hit me in the feels.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fan reaction to the Red Wedding even made the papers - it was page 3 of the Metro this morning.

If they're like this now, what's the reaction going to be to Joffrey or "where do whores go?" will there be a collective global orgasm?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
289350.jpeg

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Was always going to be difficult to follow last weeks events but I enjoyed that. Tidied up a few stories and set the groundwork for next season to start with a bang. Not sure about some of the changes to the books but I'll go with the flow for now. The last scene was epic, fabulous place to end and a reminder that not all the heroes are dead.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I thought the Ygritte/Snow bit was excellent...especially after they had skipped that before. Terrance Stamp stole the show again. The Jamie/Cersei part could have been done better or at least a bit more screen time for the scene. I think they should have also done a bit more with the taking of the city (Meereen?) at the end too

Sufficient amount of Hodoring.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Hodor!

Can't believe it's over for another year (?). Genuinely feel a bit crushed. Time to catch up on the books. :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Getting more into this now but would rather just see Emilia Clarkes tits for an hour every monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom