Game of Thrones Season 2

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
S02E10 : Bring the Martells on! :sneaky:

Personally I found the whole Dorne sub-plot to be the most tedious part of the books, couldn't get myself interested in them at all. And isn't this season a wee bit early for them anyway?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
General discussion spoiler. (Up to book 5)

Same here, that story line and the Daenerys in book 2. Emoing about the place. Her story picks up though, the Dorne story line was pretty tedious throughout, whether it picks up in book 6, who knows.

It will be mostly about the knight of flowers and Highgarden in episode 10 I think

ileks

Part of the furniture
Apparently episode 10 is about 10 minutes longer than usual! Then we have to wait a year :(

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Another excellent episode, really sets it up nicely for the third season.

I really hope they leave some good guys alive, seems to be an abundance of nasties and baddies

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Brilliant Episode

Not sure I liked the way they handled Half Hand's death though. The whole Arya escape business was wrong too, the book version was a defining moment in the characters development.

DaGaffer

Ah well, only a year to wait. When is book six out?

I'm guessing they'll do SoS and FFC differently to the books; I can't see them having an entire Tyrion-free season

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Excellent season finale.
Love the White Walker general :D

Last edited:

soze

I am a FH squatter
I just watched 1-10. Spoiled past book 2. Avoid if you have not read the books.
Having read the book I have no idea why so much time was spent with Rob and his wife. They have no long term impact. To me it seems like they are trying to build him up so his death is shocking like with Ned. But to me it was a waste to storyline.

Where are Jojen and Meera I understand not wanting too many characters but if you can fit in the wife then you can get them in.

I also felt episode 10 was really weak, if you are looking to hook the viewers then to me finishing the season with Tyrion blacking out would of been where to stop. You could of moved a lot of ep10 to ep09 and just explained the Tyrell involvement next season.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I just watched 1-10. Spoiled past book 2. Avoid if you have not read the books.
Having read the book I have no idea why so much time was spent with Rob and his wife. They have no long term impact. To me it seems like they are trying to build him up so his death is shocking like with Ned. But to me it was a waste to storyline.

Where are Jojen and Meera I understand not wanting too many characters but if you can fit in the wife then you can get them in.

I also felt episode 10 was really weak, if you are looking to hook the viewers then to me finishing the season with Tyrion blacking out would of been where to stop. You could of moved a lot of ep10 to ep09 and just explained the Tyrell involvement next season.

Book 2 and a bit of book 3 spoiler (major plotline).

Rob Stark marrying Jeyne made the Freys switch sides and was the beginning of the end of the rebellion for all intents and purposes, it's not really explained very well in the TV show so yeah they may as well have left her out.
I read that he omitted characters because there were simply too many, the Cranogmen will be in series 3. Likewise with Mance Rayder

I really hope they switch to a 20 episode season, there is far too much either being skipped or not being explained properly and major character defining moments being changed.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Book 3 is technically 20 episodes Raven. It's been split into two 10 episode seasons I think.

DaGaffer

Book 3 is technically 20 episodes Raven. It's been split into two 10 episode seasons I think.

The show will look utterly different to books 3 & 4; they will merged into one linear narrative which is then split across 3 or 4 seasons. No way are you going to get entire seasons missing major characters like in the books.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The show will look utterly different to books 3 & 4; they will merged into one linear narrative which is then split across 3 or 4 seasons. No way are you going to get entire seasons missing major characters like in the books.
Isn't it 4 and 5 that are split in that way, book 3 was just sold in 2 parts because it was so long?

Book 2 and a bit of book 3 spoiler (major plotline).

Rob Stark marrying Jeyne made the Freys switch sides and was the beginning of the end of the rebellion for all intents and purposes, it's not really explained very well in the TV show so yeah they may as well have left her out.
I read that he omitted characters because there were simply too many, the Cranogmen will be in series 3. Likewise with Mance Rayder

I really hope they switch to a 20 episode season, there is far too much either being skipped or not being explained properly and major character defining moments being changed.

Yes I agree his getting married had an impact, but in the books he just came back married. So in the show when they spent a lot of time building him up but as I know the Red Wedding is coming I really do not care about him :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

The production costs have been very high so I doubt they could afford a 20 episode year. Although given the popularity all over the world they'd be silly not to. The revenues must be good.

Alternatively wait 10 years and Peter jackson will make Book 1 into five, three hour movies! ;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
The production costs have been very high so I doubt they could afford a 20 episode year. Although given the popularity all over the world they'd be silly not to. The revenues must be good.

Alternatively wait 10 years and Peter jackson will make Book 1 into five, three hour movies! ;)

We can pray ;)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I truly hope it does happen, better story than the Hobbit.

I've not read the books yet as I do not want to spoil the TV experience but it is so enthralling. Ep 10 ending I was like,
WTF Zombies!!!!
Best thing on TV this year by a country mile.

DaGaffer

I truly hope it does happen, better story than the Hobbit.

I've not read the books yet as I do not want to spoil the TV experience but it is so enthralling. Ep 10 ending I was like,
WTF Zombies!!!!
Best thing on TV this year by a country mile.

Not the first time we've seen zombies in the show; they were in season 1

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Not the first time we've seen zombies in the show; they were in season 1
If you mean the opening sequence with the camp of bodies in the North Ep1, I thought the "white walkers" were something different. Although the one on the horse was similar looking. The white walkers moved fast, not like the lumbering zombies in S2Ep10.

DaGaffer

If you mean the opening sequence with the camp of bodies in the North Ep1, I thought the "white walkers" were something different. Although the one on the horse was similar looking. The white walkers moved fast, not like the lumbering zombies in S2Ep10.

nope, the zombies who came after Lord Mormont in Castle Black, when Jon Snow (and Ghost) rescued him and he burned his hand

soze

I am a FH squatter
The Wildling camp was the same they were dead came back to life, just like the one in the Lord Commanders Office that John Snow killed. They are the "White Walkers" foot soldiers I suppose.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Can't wait until that little cunt joffrey dies, they've done well in making the viewers hate him :p I know how and when he dies, I'll not spoil it tho but I can't bloody wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Thanks for telling me that had no clue, you fucking idiot

SPOILERS!!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Thanks for telling me that had no clue, you fucking idiot

SPOILERS!!

You honestly had no clue the most hated character in all of game of thrones was going to be axed eventually? oh please, even you arent that dim CorNokZ.

DaGaffer

BloodOmen said:
You honestly had no clue the most hated character in all of game of thrones was going to be axed eventually? oh please, even you arent that dim CorNokZ.
Actually I didn't know until it happened and it was a pretty major surprise at the time. Most of the major character deaths in ASOIAF are surprising; you know noone is safe but that doesn't mean you know which deaths to expect. Joffrey could easily have been around to the end, so i'd say yes, pretty major spoiler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom