Free trial

Nobloc

Loyal Freddie
A friend of mine is considering starting with daoc.
So I was wondering if there is a free 14day trial on euroope servers, like there is on the us servers.
Does anyone know of this, since I can't seem to find it on goa's site.

Thanks in advance

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Go to our main site and you'll see the link for the 14 day free trial there.
The free trial will be the ToA client or the NewToA version (ToA with the Catacombs graphics engine for those with a computer capable of running it).

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Nobloc said:
A friend of mine is considering starting with daoc.
So I was wondering if there is a free 14day trial on euroope servers, like there is on the us servers.
Does anyone know of this, since I can't seem to find it on goa's site.

Thanks in advance

Be warned though, if your planning on the cluster servers you only get the one realm

Nobloc

Loyal Freddie
Thanks for the fast reply :).
guess I looked over it.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Be warned though, if your planning on the cluster servers you only get the one realm

cant they like fix that shit :[

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
if your not sure about which realm to roll then you could always try out one of the french/german/spannish/italian servers the realms are different but not by that much or even roll a lvl 1 character and run around for a bit take in the sights do the tutorial to get a feel for the game.

Daoc still has a lot to offer and tbh dont be too woried about deleting a character ive junked lots of level 50's in my time to try out different realms. The most it will take to get back to 50 is dependant on how you play but 3 months will have you equiped and ready to play if your playing on average 12 hours a week (3 days 4 hours each)

either way welcome to daoc if your on albion glast then check out death jesters just ask anyone for warky or awarkle and i should be around. as for the cluster i dont play there often but if i can make a recomendation. dont go it alone if you know of someone who would enjoy the game or even lots of people then invite them along do some reading up on classes. (daoc.catacombs.com) make a group get a vent channel running and chat away while exping makes leveling a lot more fun ;)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well lamp it does have a lot to offer if you only play 1 realm there is 2 thirds of the game your missing out. and the fact your still playing means it has somthing to offer you.

New players are put off this game because people cry and wring their hands saying doom gloom. So im trying to be helpful if you dont want to be helpful then dont post.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
For some unknown reason I still think goa went the easy way when they recruited E&E ...

DaoC still has a lot to offer ? Like lvling up another char on another realm ?
Now most players wouldn't really go out and lvl their chars thruout the world, the encounters and the loot there are way outdated, u got plvlers sitting on a spot for 24/7 and u got ppl running thru task dungeons, and i wouldn't really say the task dungeons are that different.
Now even if you WOULD run thru all the classic and SI zones, check the dungeons of another realm just for sightseeing, u might find out pretty fast that u've seen most of the dungeons on ur realm before, maybe with other lower or higherlvl mobs but speaking of 2/3 new content is pure bs

You don't see new ppl around coz it simply isn't worth playing up the hard way anymore. There is no exploring involved anymore, newbies don't just run around trying stuff coz its fun coz it simply is not, other games have the level part done way better, just look at wow, even if its a pretty plain and stupid system its still more fun to explore than daoc is.
So if they don't stop at lvl 20 coz they see all around them are out of their lvl range in a matter of hours coz they know where to go (given they find ppl to play with at lowlvl at all) what happens after they reach 50 ? with no idea about artefacts masterlevels etc ? how long will it take them to get a decent equip without knowing where to go to get this and that item ? Without knowing item_yx_of_pwnage exists at all ?

There is nearly now story involved to keep ppl going, the quest texts are long and after reading a few of them ppl tend to just ignore them and go to the stable master directly

And lets just forget about timerwarz 3.0 aeh rvr coz thats yet another story

its not ppl whining that scare off new players its the game itself, it has grown to scrape the sky but the ground it was built on has turned into sand over the years

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, mate. It's still a great game, if you find friends you can play with in it.

I've had around 8-10 real life friends start in the last year. It's lovely playing with people that enthused about the new stuff. They are enjoying it.

If you expect new players to solo to 50 on their own, then yes, they won't enjoy it. If they make friends, and join friendly guilds that do level, do artifacts, do ML group raids, etc, they'll have a good time. There are such guilds out there.

The new quests are great, if you read them. The only reason people don't is that they have a desire to rush to 50, rather than to enjoy the process. A new player is more likely to enjoy the process.

DAoC still has stuff for me. Sure, I agree with you about the other realms from what I've seen. However, I've never killed Coliat, it's years since I killed Apocolypse, there is huge amounts of Krondon I've not killed, I've not killed a few other epics, not killed all the Frontlines/Otherworld mobs. There are several characters or specs I've not played (and I find several are very different from each other). There's lots of RvR I've not done. I've got 2 LGM's yet to get. There are a few artifact encounters I've not done. I've not done all the instance dungeons, or even all the Avalon City bosses. I've not done all the quests.

Still, I've only been playing 3 1/2 years.

Darzil

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
Thats a community issue not really a game issue, ofc playing with ppl always is more fun than playing alone, even in daoc :). For most of my onlinegaming days playing with friends had priority over the game but that is a different story. Its about what the game has to offer.

Its not the game that makes those ppl enjoy their time
Look at crafting, its not the buttonpressing but the ppl u can talk to while doing it that makes it fun in the end, but now u could also enter a chat or play some other game so its not really a daoc specific benefit that makes the game better

Also don't get me wrong I do know that there are ppl out just for the "enjoyment" of achieving something like a lgm title or beating a certain bosses etc
Daoc has a lot of content u can play but how much of it can u really enjoy with limited time... Are going thru the master levels or sightseeing in SI ?
Do you lvl up an alt going thru pretty much the same basic leveling and equipping or do u start over in a new mmorpg that looks pretty good?
Quantity isn't everything...

Its daocs well done endgame with the rvr, keep taking etc what most ppl enjoy but nowadays with this shitload of high rr full equipped timerthrowing ppl playing unbalanced chars or in fixed grps the bar is set too high for most new players...

So what some time ago was daocs quality piece isn't really as accessible anymore as it should be and thats why i think daoc doesn't offer a good deal to most new players

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom