Freddyshouse Minecraft server

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Thats the punishment, to mess with the holy kingdom and its inhabaitans!!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You did give in to the temptations of fire and burned it all :D

Server went iffy though.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
Btw, nice house Insane! I can see that you've decided to move within the walls! Smart choice, considering all the evil things out there!

The walls that I've been adding to while mining out underneath my little house :)

Just need to go mad on the trees to get more wood for the ledges and steps now.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Hehe, I'm working on adding the wood all around the walls now. Sooo freaking huge walls =)

I saw you had added some stone to the wall, because I was walking around, and couldnt remember that I've completed it that far behind the trainstation!

Nate

FH is my second home
I can't believe you ruined my forest view. After I went and put your lava penis back together aswell!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It was an honest mistake!

Who would've thought that playing with lava could have issues with a forest. I mean really!

Well, that's what you get for living next door to an evil sorcerer. I'll build you a fake forest or some such when i get around to it :p

Nate

FH is my second home
Servers timing out after a while of running atm

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Seems to be some sort of bugg (What a bomb). Asking Deebs to install the new bukkit now(Hope some of the buggs are fixed by now).

Chosen

Resident Freddy
We might have a little problem. Deebs is getting tired of the buggs and baby sitting the server, and don't got the time to spend to fix it all.

I do have the time to spend on it, but atm don't have any server which I can remotly access.

So, anyone here knows or got access to a dedicated server we can borrow(For a small fee if needed), then please say so!:)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I don't think he wants a stranger to have access to his personal server, which is quite understandable.

I might be able to host the server at my place, aslong as we work on finding a solution for a longtime based one

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well we could grab some relatively cheap server from somewhere like germany(by we i mean Chosen :D) and then split the cost.

Doubt with, for example 5 people, it would be much of a monthly cost and it would be stable and ofcourse, all ours :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Thats what Ive been thinking about aswell. Finding a server, and just split the costs. If this is the only solution we can come up with =)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Found this page where we can rent a server for 59 USD a month(That is not a very big amount imo for our own dedicated server). And if we take it this month, no server setup fee.

EcoServer – well-priced, ecological and fast – SERVER4YOU

Very good specs for a server aswell, and no limit to how much bandwitch we can use, and 2tb of discspace(Our own FTP).

server specs:

■Fujitsu PRIMERGY MX130
■AMD Athlon™ II X4, Quad-Core 64 Bit, 4x 2.3 GHz
■8 GB DDR3-RAM
■2x 1,000 GB SATA II-HDD
■OS: openSUSE, Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS
■Plesk 9.x – 10 Domains
■Unlimited traffic
■Free support by e-mail and phone

edit: And the USD is so low atm, so renting from this is 3 times cheaper then renting from any scandinavian countries atleast.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just have to get a cost estimate, players willing to pay etc.

I'm not at a moneyplace today, but i do get cash every month so it's not eactly a problem ;)

So if we get a good bunch of folk for it, why not.

Was also thinking that since it would be our serer, we could probably use it for other stuff if some comes along, not just minecraft.

In short; I'll let you do the server tomfoolery and lemme know what the cost would be(and how it would be handled).

Chosen

Resident Freddy
My idea is, that I pay the monthly fee. But we split the cost in let's say 3(Thats about 20USD each). Which you transfer to my bank account every month.

The fewer we are on the dedicated server, the more fun we can have with it.(With 2TB of discspace etc, using it as a personal FTP is also good. Or for ventrilo servers etc.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap and ofcourse if other people want to join on the server(friends etc), they can and then pay "if ya feel it's nice to do so" ;)

Bank transfer works rather nicely, no need to muck about with paypals etc.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, I don't cba for paypal. I trust that the guys wanting to join just pays a small monthly fee to have a good dedicated server.

my other problem now is

Which os to use.

There are the selections.

Linux openSUSE, Cent OS, Ubuntu und Debian

Windows Webserver 2008 + US$ 15/month

I got no experience at all with linux and might make it harder to make sure the server is stable.

The windows costs 15$ extra a month(Not that expensive), but I think it is the best choice for us to run the minecraft server on(The bukkitserver application is mainly made for windows it seems).

+ its very easy to access and change everything(for us linux newbees ;P)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well hoping ofcourse that other people chip in, with 3 alone it would be 25$/month, which ofcourse isn't that much, but for a monthly fee it's 2xMMO.

Think a temp server would work until we get people to think it over, see where others stand etc.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Well, I do believe Nate will skip in atleast and help us out. And I doubt it will be hard to get 5 people.

With 5 people it will be 15$ each. I can take 25$ of that fee tho. That means if we are 5. The 4 others will have to pay me about 12,5$ a month. Which is a small small amount. Considering that we get free amount of webspace, our own personal server we can host everything we want on.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, it's not a bad cost at 25$ each either. HEll, i could go halfsies since then i could use the server/webspace for other stuff as well ;)

Not just paying for a place to play.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
If me, you and raven takes 1 3rd of the price each then? 25$ ?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I just ordered the server.

Took the bigger one, because that can be put up within 24 hours.

The server is located in Strasbourg.(germany) - So very central =)

And these are the specs:

■AMD Athlon™ II X4 Quad-Core,
4x 2.3 GHz
■12 GB DDR3-RAM
■2x 1,500 GB SATA II-HDD
■Unlimited traffic
■Monthly Payment

The monthly fee will be of 85$ - I would appreciate if people that want to join beeing admin on this server(getting rights), atleast pay me back some parts of it :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sounds good, atleast i can chip in when i get my cash. Ofcourse hoping others will too :p

Any eta on server workig btw? Couple of days?

Nate

FH is my second home
I'm quite well known to be stingy bastard, moths fly out of my wallet when it opens.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Sounds good, atleast i can chip in when i get my cash. Ofcourse hoping others will too :p

Any eta on server workig btw? Couple of days?

It says within 24 hours, so I am hopinh by the end of this day =)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That would be nice, get abck to wasting time on humangous buildings :p

But, as always, at your pace. Better to make it right then make it fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom