Freddyshouse Minecraft server

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Was thinking about the payment thing and we could have an optional bonus package of sorts.

Some ideas, just spitballing;

- Without payment, you get a guest pass, which ofcourse limits your building and so on(no idea how much customization there is for this on a server). But you get to poke around, see things.
- With some payments(like say a fiver/month or even less(dedicated server still so it's worth it)), you get your basic minecraft tools of trade.
- With added payment you get some nifty modpowers(sorcerer/paladin powers :p) and also get to use the full server thingy.
- Could have a DLC "shop" too, where you could buy building material or other stuff.

As said, just some ideas(sucky or not) to ease things and make room for more fun ;) Hell, i was even playing around with the idea of renting space. So you could get your own piece of land etc(for example 1$/month for an X area).

Ofcourse everything would be only to pay for the server, but would also give the feeling that you're not just paying a monthly sub and who knows, if it grew from that, could have prizes for server competitions(build biggest penis and so forth) if there was excess cash about.

This all ofcourse depens on all the tools available for individual player modification on a privvy server and if there's some legal mumbo preventing such.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
We can talk about those ideas later :) But for myself, everyone is free to play on the minecraft server. But if they want access to the server administration itself, then they will have to pay me some of the sum back =)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Heh yeah, i was thinking that it would be more of a "play for free if ya like, pay extra for good measure and perhaps goodies" :p

Wouldn't want to limit the playerbase for that.

Nate

FH is my second home
I'll chip in for the first month, how much are you after Chosen?

and the servers up? I just connected to freddyshouse.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Server will hopefully be up tonight, making them install the windows 2008 now :) I pay 85 USD a month for that server, and if you only want inn to play minecraft and nothing else. Then you don't have to pay me anything, but if you want more access to it(Admin rights etc, help me run it). Then pay up whatever you feel right =)(Probably about 20usd or so, considering toht and raven is also with me on this).

Chosen

Resident Freddy
And yes, the FH server is up atm(Untill I get this one up). But there is no mods installed on it at this time(Server seems to crash all the time for some bad reasons, and Deebs dont have time to check into it that often).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not sure I can stretch to 20 USD a month tbh, that's nearly double what I pay for a wow subscription. I can probably chuck £10 at it a month though, not really bothered about the other stuff on it though, just the minecraft stuff.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
You pay whatever you feel it is worth mate =) All helps me!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Still waiting for the server to be completed. They seemed to have screwed up some port openings, but are fixing it for me now. And hopefully I will be able to put it up this night atleast!

Anyway, they will give me a couple of days extra. So that I wont pay money for a day that the server have been down.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No rush really as we can still build. Built myself(the old evil place) an arboretum of sorts.

Will build an entrance to it soon so people can go zen away in there :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Hehe, yeah :) But no plugins on the server now tho :( (I relied so much on the /home system to create my walls).

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
your renting a whole box rather than using a server provider ? your mental :)

im running our minecraft server off Multiplay services
works out about £1/slot/month

oh and all the mplay Mcraft servers are on SSDs

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Might put up more game servers then minecraft on it =) + 3TB of space we can use for a FTP server.

Anyway, the server is up. Havent gotten our map from Deebs yet, but I recommend you to stop building on it, since the latest work might be lost then.

Ive put up the server with a new world, if people could just please try it out, and check if everything works(And Ill get our own map up and running tomorrow).

New server ip is: zebra498.startdedicated.com

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Deebs will upload the map after lunch. The server with our map should be up and running this afternoon =)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can we get snow? :D

Didn't have time to test the server before(work'ish stuff), but then again, no need now.

Wish we could get netherstuff also, could get that lovely everburning fireplace stuff.

then again, mod powers would allow spawning of it. Could sell it in a store.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Not sure if I can add snow to the current world. But I can add multiple worlds, and netherland!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ooh, that would be fun. Have some other worlds to pop in for some pillaging :D

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Anyway, since you will be a admin yourself! Get your finger out of your ass. And start reading about how to run everything ;P That way, you can also help perfect the server with necessary plugins!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Arrrrr, throw some useful links in my box..uuu...pm box that is. Will read up today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow, got some allies to kill today :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Some server issues, hang tight fellow craftians.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to an apocalyptic fresh server.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Are people still playing this? And is it normal mode so you have to find all the ores etc like in singleplayer survival? I.e. no free stuff

I got minecraft yesterday and hardly slept before working today...

edit: oh nvm, just saw the other thread

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, quite some playing on the server now =) You are welcome to join. But as you saw, check the other thread ;P And yes, it is as SMP(Survival multiplayer). which means you have to mine your own meterials =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom