News For camera nerds only

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What's not to love about the 1D X? (apart from the price).

I like Canon's "fuck this megapixel race" approach, it was getting silly. Instead, they choose to maximise image quality and ISO headroom which will be brilliant for sports and landscape photographers. Granted, the resolution is lower, but I have to be honest and say I find 18 megapixels plenty of resolution for A2 and even A1 sized prints.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I don't think they really *need* to refresh the 7D, it's still a bit of a beast as it is. I would put money on the 5d3 (or something full frame) being next and no 7D refresh until 2nd half of next year at the earliest.

And yeah G it was always Canon that were going for the higher megapixels with Nikon et all concentrating on better, lower res sensors. I'm actually quite loving the fact that they haven't crammed a 24 or 32mp sensor in the 1D X, it will indeed be epic for sports. And it has come in at a lower pricepoint than the 1Ds3, which is interesting to say the least.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah, megapixel number chasing is pointless. Quality is paramount.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
See my edit above wazz. Jessops sell it by the roll, £6.95 though!

old.user4556

Yeah I don't think they really *need* to refresh the 7D, it's still a bit of a beast as it is. I would put money on the 5d3 (or something full frame) being next and no 7D refresh until 2nd half of next year at the earliest.

I don't think so either, my only beef with the 7D is the low ISO banding at ISO 100. As soon as I start to bend the tone curve, the vertical banding can start to show, particularly if shadows get pushed. All the 7D would "need" is a revised sensor with improved dynamic range to keep up with the D7000 / Pentax K-5s of the world (14 stops of DR).

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Megalolz! I'll get some HP5 400 from that site, and maybe look for individual rolls of other stuff elsewhere. Cheers!

With 10 rolls I can have at least one or two rolls to expirement with properly. Last time I did that I got some great results. Old cameras rule for unique character.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And yeah G it was always Canon that were going for the higher megapixels with Nikon et all concentrating on better, lower res sensors. I'm actually quite loving the fact that they haven't crammed a 24 or 32mp sensor in the 1D X, it will indeed be epic for sports. And it has come in at a lower pricepoint than the 1Ds3, which is interesting to say the least. If the prices stay as they are on warehouse express it will be 50 notes cheaper.

Copied from previous post because I was slow at editing.

old.user4556

I would like to know what Milou thinks of this camera.

old.user4556

I would expect so.

Keep an eye on ebay folks!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ok. I only just checked the ISO range from the link.

WHAT THE FUCK?

old.user4556

Ok. I only just checked the ISO range from the link.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Indeed, that's bound to appeal to sports and wedding photographers alike. That's what the Nikon D3 and D3S had over Canon for so long, it was an obvious choice for quality high ISO for those "no flash" wedding moments in poorly lit churches. Not that the 1DS or 5D Mk2 were slouches here, more just that Nikon catered for that segment a bit better. Not any more.

Canon Ambassador Frits van Eldik's first impressions of the EOS-1D X - YouTube

Canon EOS 1D X - Burst Mode in Action - YouTube

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That burst speed is incredible, I wonder how many full RAW frames it can handle before it has to stop to write to the card. :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
can't find my other post, but my photography savvy mate told me to stop being a whiny bitch and get the fuji x100

Fuji X100

only thing I am a bit peeved about is the fixed lens, but hey ho 35mm equiv with that sensor should be teh sex (I am told).

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
That burst speed is incredible, I wonder how many full RAW frames it can handle before it has to stop to write to the card. :)

I get about 5-6 shots before it goes "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" (actual length of time much greater) :(

milou

Part of the furniture
Looks like a camera for the Olympics especially convergence needs.

Personally I'd like to see ISO 25, the ability to square crop within the frame, and a built in 10 stop (and maybe a Joe Cornish Foreground Interest of W1n Plug-in).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No sign of any full res samples yet but the following was shot at 1/800s, f5.6 and ISO 12800 on the 1D X.

003.jpg

What noise? :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And a video as well, the scene where he is laying back and you can see him breathing was shot at ISO 25600 and the pic from underneath as he punches the bag was at 51200 (it says all this in the credits at the end). Impressive stuff.

old.user4556

Gonna need to see some full size images before I can say I'm blown away, but it certainly looks pretty clean from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom