News For camera nerds only

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
heh I remembered it being displayed as 4/3, and then thought the shop must have had it wrong and turned it around as I typed.

ok so the G2 is being flogged as dirt cheap. the G3 will probably be hella dear. and with some catch, like they have a new lens fitting or something stupid like that which renders all the other kit obsolete. Or stuff.

Tells me mores, master Cal!!!

TdC

basically I just want good glass and a decent chip. and not too expensive. ahem. choose two!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The Lumix Gx are a decent line afaik, if I was going to go for something between a compact and a DSLR I would be looking at the Sony NEX-3 or 5 (or 7). There's no science to this opinion as I've never seriously researched them but they do look good on paper. :)

TdC

I've also been looking at the Olympus PEN's. That site seems a bit gay for the sony tbh. Not that that's a bad thing per se: I quite like the NEX's and that 7 is pretty damn hot :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The Samsung NX11 reviews well as well. Advantage of that and the NEX-x is that you're getting an APS-C sensor.

I know the PEN is a decent camera but I don't know much about it - tbh the Kevin Spacey ads actually put me off it for some reason.

TdC

aha ok so you get more sensor area? I saw the Sammy today, and fwiw it looks a bit like the Sony, but that's all I could get from just eyeballing it.

I'm kind of hot for the interchangeable lenses. I really want a fish-eye prime to go for some landscaping pics.

TdC

dammit, I'm hooked again aren't I? :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah APS-C is what you get in most DSLRs (Canon 7D, 60D etc) except for the top of the line pro stuff which use full frame and one (the Canon 1D4) that uses APS-H, which is in between full frame and APS-C (I don't know if Nikon do one of these but Canon are phasing it out). Full frame (the size of a frame of 35mm film) is 1.6 times bigger than APS-C and then the micro 4/3 and Foveon (Sigma cameras iirc) etc are smaller still. They are all here. Bigger sensor = better low-light performance and other advantages too.

And yes, yes you are. :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yes Clown, I'm London.

Teedles is in stupidland (Netherlands).

Cally I think lives in the SW like some hobbit.

Big G is basically Groundskeeper Willie from The Simpsons, lives in a shed in a field in Scotland somewhere.

Ignorant cunts not living in London. Who do they think they are?

TdC

camera advices, crackwhores. read my delicious writings! :eek:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Maybe once, long forgotten. You moved there from SW England or did I totally invent that one?

Wouldn't have a clue Teeds, I'm not really a techy photographer. Keeping abreast of the tech would only make me hate my camera and ensure I rage with jealousy. I pretty much have the worst DSLR there is*. :(

*Probably not true, but it is the entry level from 7/8 years ago, maybe longer. :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Many moons ago I was in Plymouth (hi SAS) but that was... well... before August 2004. I was in Stoke and then Wolves and then Birmingham after that.

TdC

it's still south. anything southern makes you a hobbit imo.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Ah yes I remember you asking about Stoke now. I bet that was enjoyable (hi Trem!) (!)

So much of what I know from people is based from back in the good ol' days. :(

TdC

what is this talk of was?

TdC

ah yes, yes he probably would have :(

TdC

though that said, you sure he didn't just develop some of his very own?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
But it's the super-pro £4+k 1dV thoooouuuuugh. Gifv 5d3!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm just interested to see what's coming in terms of new sensor technology 'cos Canon's are desperately needing a refresh in the face of what Sony are churning out.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I was saving myself for a 5d something but I really don't want to buy it if there's something better. I don't get all the Canon models really :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The less numbers there are before the "D", the more professionally oriented the model is. xxxxD and xxxD (1100D and 600D) are entry level, xxD (60D) is "prosumer". Of the xD's, the 7D is top of the line crop sensor, the 5dx is the first entry on the full frame sensor (but that by no means makes it an entry level model in the traditional sense) and the 1d(s)x is the dog's bollocks, full magnesium body, fully weather sealed everything, manic number of shots per second, fantastic low light performance etc. To complicate matters, the 1ds3 is the current muts nuts with a full frame sensor and the 1d4 uses a 1.3 crop APS-H sensor - Canon are ditching that sensor size though I believe.

Clown

Part of the furniture
What happened to 2, 3, 4 and 6? I'm just really saddened that my red stripe lens is wasting away on my 550D :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom